IX-Lemon Life.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:00 pm I4 doesn’t even have acc :doomed:
I do not like ACC, I love getting the Audi/BMW rentals because they just feature basic bitch cruise and no other self driving crap that doesn’t really work.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I don't mind acc if it's programmed to coast before slamming on the brakes. My mom's Subaru will hit the brakes mid lane change on a highway the second you get within range of the car you want to go around. The Genesis I rented seemed to know you had the turn signal on and wouldn't slow the car down, and was more likely to coast down to speed before using the brakes if it needed to.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:37 am I don't mind acc if it's programmed to coast before slamming on the brakes. My mom's Subaru will hit the brakes mid lane change on a highway the second you get within range of the car you want to go around. The Genesis I rented seemed to know you had the turn signal on and wouldn't slow the car down, and was more likely to coast down to speed before using the brakes if it needed to.
Funny enough my R had it, and so does my Camry. VW slams brakes, Toyota lifts off the throttle. And you're right, there's a world of difference, enough to make me go from hating it to liking it. Paired with lane keeping shit, I'm so relaxed on long distance freeway jaunts nowadays.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:11 am
wap wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:34 pm
Yeah, that does suck, no doubt. :(
They know this far in advance that she'll need a C section?
Things are different now, it’s rare to have a :baby: late as you can schedule induced labor, c section, etc. far in advance.
:baby: :science: is :mindblown:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:37 am I don't mind acc if it's programmed to coast before slamming on the brakes. My mom's Subaru will hit the brakes mid lane change on a highway the second you get within range of the car you want to go around. The Genesis I rented seemed to know you had the turn signal on and wouldn't slow the car down, and was more likely to coast down to speed before using the brakes if it needed to.
The wife's Sonata works like your Genesis rental, which makes sense, I guess. I like it, too. Very subtle and non-intrusive. And it accelerates smartly back up to speed once the obstruction is gone.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

So… the :plac: plan is … if this thing gets over 30 days… V8 defender … the prices really came down on them
Lately
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:15 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:02 pm

So you’re like 2 weeks away from due date? I remember my wife being enormously irritable and unable to sleep at that time. I guess I get to do it all again in like 6 months or something.

Which car has the baby seat and go bag?
Just about 2 and change. I’m not doing this kid shit again. Enjoy the “fun 1-6 months”. While you can… also it seems like the doubling up on kids really opens up a lot of newer issues. Pretty wild, my buddy is going through it now also. Y’all are on the same schedule.

I’m 5 min from hospital so no car has it. Depending on when the car will be fixed and if it will be, will determine the vehicle.

I wanted to do the taco. But woman will tear her guts open getting in. So that won’t happen
Yeah she’s already irritable and is losing patience for our toddler. So it’s already fun. Wait till it comes out, shit gets real very quickly. But the first 6-12 months is a temporary experience and it all changes eventually. Doesn’t get easier just different.

But if all goes well my son will be in pre school when #2 pops out. So it might not be too much of a disaster at home. Either way not looking forward to 6 months of no sleep again.

Our best baby gift hands down was a good auto drip coffee machine. Not even kidding.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

You didn’t have a drip coffee machine before? :mindblown:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:18 pm So… the :plac: plan is … if this thing gets over 30 days… V8 defender … the prices really came down on them
Lately
Somehow, this makes me :excited:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

Trying to lemon law a car as you're about to have a baby, all for :plac: reasons is truly inspiring :amaze:
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:02 pm

So you’re like 2 weeks away from due date? I remember my wife being enormously irritable and unable to sleep at that time. I guess I get to do it all again in like 6 months or something.

Which car has the baby seat and go bag?
Just about 2 and change. I’m not doing this kid shit again. Enjoy the “fun 1-6 months”. While you can… also it seems like the doubling up on kids really opens up a lot of newer issues. Pretty wild, my buddy is going through it now also. Y’all are on the same schedule.

I’m 5 min from hospital so no car has it. Depending on when the car will be fixed and if it will be, will determine the vehicle.

I wanted to do the taco. But woman will tear her guts open getting in. So that won’t happen
Its different for everyone. Ours was miserable the first 3 months. Sealed deal for me on no more babies.

If you are already poopooing #2 with #1 not even in the daylight, breh. Try to enjoy it.

You wont, but try. May the odds be forever in your favor.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:43 am You didn’t have a drip coffee machine before? :mindblown:
Nope. We did pour overs. Or aeropress.
Johnny_P

golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:09 pm

Its different for everyone. Ours was miserable the first 3 months. Sealed deal for me on no more babies.

If you are already poopooing #2 with #1 not even in the daylight, breh. Try to enjoy it.

Yeah. I’ll just throw this out there. There is no harm in acknowledging you’re having a hard time and need to talk to someone about it. For your sanity, your wife’s sanity, and everyone’s safety. I worked with a therapist for like 3 months when my son was born because I couldn’t take it. The change was too much for me.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

MrH42 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:08 am Trying to lemon law a car as you're about to have a baby, all for :plac: reasons is truly inspiring :amaze:
I would concede that the :plac: excuse is valid, Let alone when you have a :crotchfruit: the last thing you need is a minor problem where it takes long enough to ship it over to germany, fix then bring it back, whereas a :mahtroy: can fix that issue with their clapped out altima in 15-30 minutes while high as the himalayas.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

On no planet is a used clapped out vehicle a better alternative to the IX for carrying CF. That's just lunacy. :lolgasm:

The issue at hand is ineptitude of the once again great BMW service department at my local dealer IMO. If they can't fix it in 30 days... which if you think about is also kind of insane then the car is going back.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:17 am
max225 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:00 pm I4 doesn’t even have acc :doomed:
I do not like ACC, I love getting the Audi/BMW rentals because they just feature basic bitch cruise and no other self driving crap that doesn’t really work.
Same, doing cruise control with the accord is annoying because of the ACC. Even that times when I set it for the closest distance, and whenever some lane changes in front of me that roughly 2 greyhound busses away, the system would jerk the car. Even when I steadily driving behind someone, it would randomly slow down by 3 mph for no apparent reason. But pressing on the gas atleast deactivates it.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:29 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:09 pm

Yeah. I’ll just throw this out there. There is no harm in acknowledging you’re having a hard time and need to talk to someone about it. For your sanity, your wife’s sanity, and everyone’s safety. I worked with a therapist for like 3 months when my son was born because I couldn’t take it. The change was too much for me.
You were the first male/father I ever heard open up about that stuff, and even though I’m not in that boat yet, I remember it well and appreciate your openness about finding it difficult to bond with your son and stuff.
max225

In car news …
Tsx is gone .. Off our insurance and driveway
:amazing:

The service advisor has informed me that he came back from a wedding and will check in on progress of parts etc. no rush buddy ol pal.

Having a personal relationship with that person is just so fking random considering this car still holds at 511miles and was purchased less than a month ago.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:35 pm In car news …

The service advisor has informed me that he came back from a wedding and will check in on progress of parts etc. no rush buddy ol pal.

Having a personal relationship with that person is just so fking random considering this car still holds at 511miles and was purchased less than a month ago.
Hm. At this point I’d be kind of rooting for it to take over 30 days. That’s wild on a brand new vehicle.
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:47 pm
D Griff wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:17 am

Same, doing cruise control with the accord is annoying because of the ACC. Even that times when I set it for the closest distance, and whenever some lane changes in front of me that roughly 2 greyhound busses away, the system would jerk the car. Even when I steadily driving behind someone, it would randomly slow down by 3 mph for no apparent reason. But pressing on the gas atleast deactivates it.
Honda’s “technology” is the absolute worst.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:40 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:35 pm In car news …

Hm. At this point I’d be kind of rooting for it to take over 30 days. That’s wild on a brand new vehicle.
Main issue here is just timing as mentioned earlier. We will be in a world of hurt at that point in time.
Ironically … also likely we won’t need that car for another 3 months at that point. So why not right ?
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Where did the TSX go?!
max225

Just got another update ….
Module is coming in 9/10-13. It is officially a lemon.
A fucking mazing
Last edited by max225 on Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:00 pm Where did the TSX go?!
Gifted to in laws
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

You're actually going to follow through to lemon law it? When you've got a loaner of the exact same thing, and don't even need the vehicle right now? And you have a baby due any day?!

You are a :plac: masochist.