OT 16: A pirate's life for me!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:09 pm I am guessing we won't have a ton of interest but do we have a clothes/fashion thread?
Jorts and New Balance shoes. /thread.
Lycra.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:09 pm I am guessing we won't have a ton of interest but do we have a clothes/fashion thread?
I’m not as into it as I once was, but I’d participate in a thread.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

All my clothes come from Costco, Amazon, or thrift stores. I really DGAF.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:43 pm All my clothes come from Costco, Amazon, or thrift stores. I really DGAF.
Casual clothes, yeah. 99% of the time outside of work I’m in an Animal shirt they sent me for free and some cheap Costco Levi or Lucky jeans or some camo cargo shorts from Old Navy. Plain black Nike running shoes that I wear as sneakers.

Dress clothes I’m willing to drop more money for higher quality and fit. Fit has become increasingly hard as I get more into bodybuilding and I have to get shirts custom tailored, but still want to start by buying something with a nice fabric.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:47 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:43 pm All my clothes come from Costco, Amazon, or thrift stores. I really DGAF.
Casual clothes, yeah. 99% of the time outside of work I’m in an Animal shirt they sent me for free and some cheap Costco Levi or Lucky jeans or some camo cargo shorts from Old Navy. Plain black Nike running shoes that I wear as sneakers.

Dress clothes I’m willing to drop more money for higher quality and fit. Fit has become increasingly hard as I get more into bodybuilding and I have to get shirts custom tailored, but still want to start by buying something with a nice fabric.
Being a :fatty: and trying to reduce that makes buying clothes really hard. Nobody, not even tailors, can make good :fatty: clothes, so what's the point in spending money on them?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:02 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:47 pm

Being a :fatty: and trying to reduce that makes buying clothes really hard. Nobody, not even tailors, can make good :fatty: clothes, so what's the point in spending money on them?
My weight goes up and down too often based on stress and extreme cases of being too tired to want to do anything once I get free time. Therefore, I don't like to blow money on clothes all the times and I just try to find decent T-Shirts that aren't "slim fit", which is getting harder to do...
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:21 pm I've become sorta obsessed with Proper Cloth and Dearborn Demin. Shit fits perfectly.
Fit is just so subjective :doe:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:31 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:26 pm
Custom cut. Not cheap doe.
Ahhhh yes, that would fit perfect.

My weight fluctuates too much for that. Hopefully not eventually.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:32 pm

Same here... but I looked at the site and they look good.
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

[user not found] wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:21 pm I've become sorta obsessed with Proper Cloth and Dearborn Demin. Shit fits perfectly.
I find Deluth Trading men's underwear are great
ChrisoftheNorth

Thedude wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:21 pm
I thought about trying those. Perhaps I will now. I haven't found any I particularly care for yet.
SAWCE

Fit is subjective for sure. I used to go skin tight everything in my skateboard/emo kid phase. Now things are form fitting, but not overly tight, except for the random T-shirt that shrank too much or I haven’t felt like throwing out or relegating to gym-only wear.
SAWCE

They’re pricey, but I got some of those MeUndies underwear. They’re even more comfortable than the Calvin Klein shit.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:32 pm

Yeah.. part of why I hate buying new clothes now. Sitting at 227, intending on getting up to 250, and then I know I’ll cut back down to at least 225ish, but my shape will be way different than it is now at 227. I’ll save the super expensive custom shit for when I’m done bb-ing
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:26 pm
:dat:

I’ve had days where I find an awesome classy/slim fit and feel like a rock star. Then another day I’d be lazy and just want to wear something comfortable so a pair of jeans or shorts and a 1 size up t shirt makes me feel like a rockstar.

I guess it goes with overall moods and whatnot
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Thedude wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:21 pm
:hai:

Where you been?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Underoos and Garanimals or :gtfo:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:34 pm They’re pricey, but I got some of those MeUndies underwear. They’re even more comfortable than the Calvin Klein shit.
I’ve recently made this switch... the wife did a couple years ago.

It’s going to cost me a fucking fortune.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:33 pm Fit is subjective for sure. I used to go skin tight everything in my skateboard/emo kid phase. Now things are form fitting, but not overly tight, except for the random T-shirt that shrank too much or I haven’t felt like throwing out or relegating to gym-only wear.
Thats what i do to with my older shirts for gym use, or beach wear, or pretty much anything im :aintcare: when it comes to certain events where it gets messy easily
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE

fledonfoot wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:01 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:34 pm They’re pricey, but I got some of those MeUndies underwear. They’re even more comfortable than the Calvin Klein shit.
I’ve recently made this switch... the wife did a couple years ago.

It’s going to cost me a fucking fortune.
Yep. I want to buy more of them, but fuck the price is ridiculous. I’ll probably grab one of their 5 packs or whatever for the little discount those get once or twice a year.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

As much as i like comfort, i also like clothes that fit. I usually go for skinny jeans like a true :millennial: cause i simply don't like them flopping back and forth as i walk, but thats just me. I also have some xl's that aren't overly big either so it doesn't make me look like a bum. I also have a few soccer adidas sweatpants where i look good to my liking and comfortable as well. I take my attire seriously depending on wherever i go to, so even when i dress pretty damn comfortable, im no slob.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:I can't stand loose clothes.

Jeans are Levis 514s in a 30x32 (try to buy these long, since I'm really a 33-34" inseam), short sleeve shirts are usually a small, long sleeves are a medium due to arm length.

Dress pants are Express photographer cut in a 30x34, dress shirts are Express extra-slim medium, polos are Express slim fit medium. Jacket is a 40L due to monkey arms.
:dafuq:

I wear those jeans and have short legs.

SAWCE

I grab a 36" inseam whenever I'm able to find them. I usually have to step up the waist up to a 34" in order to get that length though.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:23 pm I can't stand loose clothes.

Jeans are Levis 514s in a 30x32 (try to buy these long, since I'm really a 33-34" inseam), short sleeve shirts are usually a small, long sleeves are a medium due to arm length.

Dress pants are Express photographer cut in a 30x34, dress shirts are Express extra-slim medium, polos are Express slim fit medium. Jacket is a 40L due to monkey arms.

Pic from SIL’s wedding in Cali last month.
I don't think I've ever worn a small anything.

Screw you skinny guys.

:lol:
SAWCE

1.5 of 8 hours of this class today down. It's not as bad as I thought so far.