Car Talk 4: The Richard Hertz Rent-A-Car 500

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:28 am
max225 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:26 am
No :-/ Fred Durst went :fullretard: after behind blue eyes.
Fun fact it is the only band whose CD I ever purchased :mindblown:
Behind blue eyes was a :notbad: cover. It's often been attempted, but rarely executed well.

You just stole the rest of your music or?
Napster days bruh, I legit wanted the money to go to the band, so that they make more music.

Nu-Metal is a dead genre, Wes Borland is also my favorite guitar player of all time, but he is a legit maniac.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Y'all live in bizarro world. Fred Worst & co were bubble gum junk when they were new and have not aged well. Whoever that Cardi B chick is can probably sing circles around him.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Detroit wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:26 am Good point. High schoolers are more into Cardi B I guess. :gag:
I don't know what that is and I aim to keep it that way.
Short answer: new nicki minaj

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:30 am
max225 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:27 am

Which makes that 3.6 so appealing. It’s everywhere, it’s reliable, it makes decent power and it’s super cheap to maintain...

But man ... plastic fuel rails :doe: who in the name of :jesus: thought this was a good idea.
Yea, it's the right answer in a vehicle like this. I'm thinking that it's increasingly likely that I'll end up buying a Gladiator to hold onto long term, I'm pleased that it's only 3.6 at launch.

I didn't know about plastic fuel rails...but honestly :whocares: Should be fine. Intake manifolds have been plastic for a while without issue (LS1's, for example).
A cracked plastic intake (every 150k) on the crown Vic results in an air or coolant leak a cracked fuel rail would cause an engine fire
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:08 am Are you guys serious ? The woman’s 2010 nav is an absolute joke. Sim city 2000 graphics, terrible interface etc

However the nav in my 3 series I use more than my phone
the Acura? For the design, yes they suck. But for its use-ability and information its great for my 2004 in particular. The second gen is very different doe.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:30 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:28 am
Behind blue eyes was a :notbad: cover. It's often been attempted, but rarely executed well.

You just stole the rest of your music or?
Napster days bruh, I legit wanted the money to go to the band, so that they make more music.

Nu-Metal is a dead genre, Wes Borland is also my favorite guitar player of all time, but he is a legit maniac.
Nu-Metal really didn't last long. I enjoyed all of it when it was out :doe:

Napster never really worked for me. My parents had dial-up until I went to college, so it took hours to download one song. I just bought the albums I wanted.

Wes Borland is indeed rather excellent but equally crazy. Fun fact, he had a reality show with his ex wife that took place in Detroit of them restoring an old mansion. He still lives here IIRC.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:31 am
Detroit wrote: I don't know what that is and I aim to keep it that way.
Short answer: new nicki minaj

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:datass:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:32 am
max225 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:30 am

Napster never really worked for me. My parents had dial-up until I went to college, so it took hours to download one song. I just bought the albums I wanted.

Wes Borland is indeed rather excellent but equally crazy. Fun fact, he had a reality show with his ex wife that took place in Detroit of them restoring an old mansion. He still lives here IIRC.
:amazing: this is why I :wub: this forum :themoreyouknow:

Napster worked in college for me... while it was still legal thanks Metallica ! It was crazy fast ... at home a song would take around 5-10 min to download and then I’d burn a cd and pop it in my 10 disc changer boy ... shit I’m old :(
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:31 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:30 am
Yea, it's the right answer in a vehicle like this. I'm thinking that it's increasingly likely that I'll end up buying a Gladiator to hold onto long term, I'm pleased that it's only 3.6 at launch.

I didn't know about plastic fuel rails...but honestly :whocares: Should be fine. Intake manifolds have been plastic for a while without issue (LS1's, for example).
A cracked plastic intake (every 150k) on the crown Vic results in an air or coolant leak a cracked fuel rail would cause an engine fire
Plastic can be designed to be robust. I've never heard of an intake manifold failure on an LS engine...car or truck. I'm sure it happens, but it's gotta be rare.

The 3.6 isn't direct injected, so the fuel rail pressures aren't obscenely high. It could very well be fine. BUT it could also be a disaster as you noted. The fail case is bad.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:35 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:32 am

:amazing: this is why I :wub: this forum :themoreyouknow:

Napster worked in college for me... while it was still legal thanks Metallica ! It was crazy fast ... at home a song would take around 5-10 min to download and then I’d burn a cd and pop it in my 10 disc changer boy ... shit I’m old :(
When I was in college, we used the schools intranet to transfer songs peer to peer through an itunes hack. It was :mindblown: fast, and I never had to use napster. I remember burning CD's, but I never had a CD changer because :scrooge:

We old homie.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:36 am
max225 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:31 am

Plastic can be designed to be robust. I've never heard of an intake manifold failure on an LS engine...car or truck. I'm sure it happens, but it's gotta be rare.

The 3.6 isn't direct injected, so the fuel rail pressures aren't obscenely high. It could very well be fine. BUT it could also be a disaster as you noted. The fail case is bad.
I’ll let you know in 15 years. Damn the 300s is already 3 years old :mindblown: I think it just left the warranty.

Btw 0 issues, no quality issues no ce nothing.
My buddies 16 ecodiesel has had wait for it 0 issues and he tows 8000-15000 lbs on the regular (yes over the limit)

FCA :wub:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:38 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:36 am

I’ll let you know in 15 years. Damn the 300s is already 3 years old :mindblown: I think it just left the warranty.

Btw 0 issues, no quality issues no ce nothing.
My buddies 16 ecodiesel has had wait for it 0 issues and he tows 8000-15000 lbs on the regular (yes over the limit)

FCA :wub:
:fuckyeah:
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:49 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:55 am

I like the Forester.
Cool.

I didn't know you transitioned over to become a middle aged lesbian.

Good for you Man.... err... Dude... err.. Ma'am.
:roasted:

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:22 am

I love the stupid wing because I think it embodies the vision and intent of the car. It's ridiculous and makes no sense. The "image" the wing brings is generally negative though, people see it and assume I'm some punk ass high school ricer who is going to rip down their residential street at 4x the speed limit with my loud ass fart pipe droning so bad their dog will get seizures while vape pours out the windows and Limp Bizkit is blaring on the stereo.

I bought the car because of the engine actually. I wanted a WRX premium but I couldn't deal with that piece of shit motor.
:nice:
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:24 am
max225 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:23 am

I like limp bizkit :iono:
So do I :wub:
So do I, and I vape...... come at me bro....
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I use the 6 disc in my truck, and I'm buying a early 2000s spikey hair rock looking 5 disc boombox today for work
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I still buy CDs. I use the 6 disc in my truck and I'm buying an early 2000s 5 disc spikey hair rock era stereo/boombox for work today.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Speaking of CD burning..... in the early 2000's I started following a NOLA band called the Radiators, who were amazing......

They had an open taping policy so dudes would hook up right to the sound board at their shows and up load to the Live Music Archive https://archive.org/details/etree .

We had a email list server that acted similar to a forum, where people (including myself eventually) would offer up "B&P's" . This is short for blanks and postage.

Basically a person would send blank disks and a postage paid return envelope and we would burn the show and send it back.

As a result I have every Radiators show I ever attended (35+) on CD. Which for most bands would be redundant, but these guys never played the same show twice.

33 years, 4410 shows, 1671 songs, 1149 venues, 444 cities, 878 downloads & 582 live audio shows

I was also into torrents for a while and got some amazing bootleg stuff ranging from Beatles, Cream, Eric Clapton, Ray Charles, Allman Brothers, Jimi Hendrix......recording sessions and obscure shows.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:23 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:34 am
They're a whole bunch of meh. I'm not sure why anyone buys one.
Because they're deep throating that buy 'Murican :dong:

There's no good reason to buy an Equinox. Ever.
I'm all about buying Murican...it's a major thing for our economy.

But at the same time, blindly buying something for the sake of Murca isn't helping anything. It's how the US OEMs got so lazy in the first place.

The new Equinox is a bit of a sales dud compared to the last one that sold pretty well. Why? The last one was unique in the segment. It was a decent size bigger, and a lot of customers valued that extra size. Jeep is offroady. Toyota/Honda has the reliability badge. Hyundai is cheap. Ford seems to be making a tall hatchback which is unique, and an "offroady" model that's on the horizon. Interesting strategy that may or may not play out, but at least it's unique.
max225

Speaking of american cars, built right HERE.
Maybe Dave will come back from the ded and hate on this.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:53 pm

Piece of shit.
Johnny_P

Did anyone post this yet? I can't :member:

2020 outback.

Base engine is the 2.5 NA motor with 182 HP, 176 lb-ft.
Upgrade engine is the 2.4T from the Ascent. 260 HP, 277 lb-ft.
Both are paired to CVTs with torque vectoring AWD

New chasiss, 70% increase in torsional rigidity.
8.7" ground clearance.

11.6" screen has apple car play and android auto, buetooth, satellite radio.
Standard eyesight system includes adaptive cruise control, LKA, lane centering, and a camera that makes sure you're watching the road.

:notbad: except for the camera watching me :fap: :notsure: about that.
ChrisoftheNorth

While certainly :impressive:

Look at the video? A nice clear sunny day with minimal traffic. That happens in maybe 5% of overall driving in this country.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:47 pm Did anyone post this yet? I can't :member:

2020 outback.

8.7" ground clearance.

Standard eyesight system includes adaptive cruise control, LKA, lane centering, and a camera that makes sure you're watching the road.

Dat green looks nice. :like: No reason to really hate on an Outback, aside from maybe it using a CVT? But :whocares: bout dah when shopping for these.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:47 pm

Look at the video? A nice clear sunny day with minimal traffic. That happens in maybe 5% of overall driving in this country.
Yep. I know where it is also. Meh... this is a pos model 3 not some nutty 100k + vehicle
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:47 pm

I got tailgated by a Maxima (its always a fucking Nissan) while driving through South Philly following a CITY BUS this morning with :mahtroy: lady giving me the "guuuuuurl" face. Duck face and all, about a foot from my bumper, visibly slamming her brakes I could see the nose diving. Ugh. People in this country are fuuucking retarded, man. We need tech like this because the general public is incapable of operating these death machines. Auto braking should be the next safety thing to become standard, so it stops this needless horseshit.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:51 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:47 pm Did anyone post this yet? I can't :member:

2020 outback.

8.7" ground clearance.

Dat green looks nice. :like: No reason to really hate on an Outback, aside from maybe it using a CVT? But :whocares: bout dah when shopping for these.
I've driven a few now and :whocares: they really do not suck for just general normal driving. Smooth, no shifts, they don't drone anymore, big gear spread, :notbad: overall for daily derping. I get they aren't much fun for flogging but who is doing that in the official car of socks and sandals?