Bed Chat :hue:

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Hey y'all... I figured since DFD is a haven for wealthy individuals who seem to appreciated the finer things in life, I'd ask here. What kind of bed do you sleep on? How is it? Would you buy it again?

In4reviews as we'll be shopping for one. :notsure: of the budget really, don't mind paying what it takes to sleep well, but also don't want to pointlessly :wasteful: and would rather spend less obviously.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:35 pm https://youtu.be/Nl_eJ-zdLrA
Pretty much :dat:
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I sleep on Megabed. That I built. So I could have more legroom for my asshole furkids who take up all the space they can.

SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:51 pm Brooklyn Bedding #bestmattressever.

No lie, that's the name.

I've been 5/7 satisfied with it.
That’s right. I thought you were on a Tuft and Needle.. forgot it was BB.
SAWCE

Semi related. I got two pillows from Buffy. Went for their firm version. Softer than I expected, but very breathable and light weight. Pricey, but I got two for $45 which was the best deal I’d seen on them. Super comfortable and I’ve been sleeping a bit better on them the last week.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:28 pm Hey y'all... I figured since DFD is a haven for wealthy individuals who seem to appreciated the finer things in life, I'd ask here. What kind of bed do you sleep on? How is it? Would you buy it again?

In4reviews as we'll be shopping for one. :notsure: of the budget really, don't mind paying what it takes to sleep well, but also don't want to pointlessly :wasteful: and would rather spend less obviously.
we have an Icomfort. it was too expensive. I don't love it. I bet a sub 1k thing in a box would be fine.
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:51 pm Brooklyn Bedding #bestmattressever.

No lie, that's the name.

I've been 5/7 satisfied with it.
Looks to be reasonably priced, which model do you have?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

https://www.nectarsleep.com/

I have one of these. Ordered when they were $699 + free pillows then said I wanted to return it when Purple went on sale, and they gave me a $250 refund just to keep it. Turns out I fucking love it and sleep like a champ, and all in it cost me $450. They have a 1 year return policy too. You'll probably have to just take some stuffing out of the pillows.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

I also jumped on the Brooklyn Bedding bandwagon and a killer Black Friday deal two years ago - a king for $700.

No sagging or soft spots.
It’s amazingly comfortable. A medium firm... but it sleeps pretty hot. Summers can be a bit uncomfortable.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

We got some beauty rest black series bullshit in the master.

The guest room we have a Zinus 12" memory foam Green Tea bed (Amazon), and it's so fucking comfy. I'd have no issues replacing our king with one of those.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

We have a Sleep Number. It was free :alpo: We like it, we can set firmness on either side
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

4zilch wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:11 am We have a Sleep Number. It was free :alpo: We like it, we can set firmness on either side
Yeah, that's legit.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:15 pm https://www.nectarsleep.com/

I have one of these. Ordered when they were $699 + free pillows then said I wanted to return it when Purple went on sale, and they gave me a $250 refund just to keep it. Turns out I fucking love it and sleep like a champ, and all in it cost me $450. They have a 1 year return policy too. You'll probably have to just take some stuffing out of the pillows.
We were looking at these too. Does it stay fairly cool?

Seems to be the same thing as purple but slightly less $$.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:32 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:15 pm https://www.nectarsleep.com/

We were looking at these too. Does it stay fairly cool?

Seems to be the same thing as purple but slightly less $$.
The designs of the two are completely different, but I have no other bed to compare the Nectar to besides the $2000+ Casper (amazing). I'm not sure how cool the bed stays in warmer climates like NC, but I remember sweating alot more often with my old traditional pillow top mattress. I'd say for the price it might be worth trying and if it's not what you want you have a year to return it or put it in a guest room I imagine. It's too bad there's really no way to try all these mattress in a box beds.
Last edited by CaleDeRoo on Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Get the ones with a year trial, return them every year, sleep for free. :math:
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:43 am Get the ones with a year trial, return them every year, sleep for free. :math:
:mindblown:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:43 am Get the ones with a year trial, return them every year, sleep for free. :math:
You have to buy it, then the return is you donating it to habitat or something similar... then they refund you.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

We ended up buying a Casper Hybrid CA King, about $1200 after tax. Seemed like Purple, Brooklyn, Casper, Nectar are all similar, Casper had a better :dill: /price and was rated higher on Consumer Reports so we'll try that out. Hopefully it's :fuckyeah: , I imagine any of them will be.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Mine is 3 years old and sagging in the center. Piece of shit. Forget the brand but probably a beauty rest or some bs.

I sleep hot. Not sure if the foam ones are a good idea. I also find a lot of the foam jawns are too firm for light weight side sleepers.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:39 am We ended up buying a Casper Hybrid CA King, about $1200 after tax. Seemed like Purple, Brooklyn, Casper, Nectar are all similar, Casper had a better :dill: /price and was rated higher on Consumer Reports so we'll try that out. Hopefully it's :fuckyeah: , I imagine any of them will be.
That's a great bed. I compared that one to the Casper "Wave" at the store and while I thought the Wave was better you would only ever know using them back to back. You're gonna love the mattress :like:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:13 am Mine is 3 years old and sagging in the center. Piece of shit. Forget the brand but probably a beauty rest or some bs.

I sleep hot. Not sure if the foam ones are a good idea. I also find a lot of the foam jawns are too firm for light weight side sleepers.
There are foam bed that will help both of these but they aren't cheap.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:26 am
Johnny_P wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:13 am Mine is 3 years old and sagging in the center. Piece of shit. Forget the brand but probably a beauty rest or some bs.

There are foam bed that will help both of these but they aren't cheap.
Which juans?
haleyann
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Forester & Fiata

I bought this bed in a box from amazon, under $300 for a king because I went :scrooge: on my new bedroom. I actually love it. It's super comfortable and supportive.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074N ... UTF8&psc=1
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

I was having back issues and bought a Tuft and Needles California King. That's the stuff. I love it. It's too hard for some people, but now I've got another one in a guest room too.