Johnny's Great Adventure

Share the juicy deets of your worldly travels, and discuss your pipedreams for future trips.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:16 am
Tarspin wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:39 pm So what's the latest? More actual hotel stays and an actual off road capable thing? Job rebuttled with a sweet offer so lighting that bridge on fire is now a distant memory and the plan is a one month tour then back to work? Any hoes in different area codes lined up through POF?
:whocares:

I have no idea. Take a month long trip to who cares where? The big ticket things I want to do are Canyonlands, Grand Canyon, Glacier, Colorado's mountain passes, and the drive to/from Fairbanks to see the northern lights and experience the solitude and nature on Canada's deserted highways that go through Jasper and Banff.

I could do Canyonlands/Grand Canyon in a month I guess. Fly there and rent a vehicle. Basically only doing one of these though, and not really doing any 4x4 stuff or mountain biking. So Canyonlands/GC is best left for another trip. Drive to Fairbanks and back while hitting Glacier, also not likely to happen in a month.

Guess I could be like every other white cuck and go to OBX for a week or two.
If you have a well planned month, I think you will be surprised how much time you will have to do nothing.
brain go brrrrrr
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tarspin wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:39 pm So what's the latest? More actual hotel stays and an actual off road capable thing? Job rebuttled with a sweet offer so lighting that bridge on fire is now a distant memory and the plan is a one month tour then back to work? Any hoes in different area codes lined up through POF?

I have no idea. Take a month long trip to who cares where? The big ticket things I want to do are Canyonlands, Grand Canyon, Glacier, Colorado's mountain passes, and the drive to/from Fairbanks to see the northern lights and experience the solitude and nature on Canada's deserted highways that go through Jasper and Banff.

I could do Canyonlands/Grand Canyon in a month I guess. Fly there and rent a vehicle. Basically only doing one of these though, and not really doing any 4x4 stuff or mountain biking. So Canyonlands/GC is best left for another trip. Drive to Fairbanks and back while hitting Glacier, also not likely to happen in a month.

What’s a white cuck?
What’s OBX?
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:37 am

If you have a well planned month, I think you will be surprised how much time you will have to do nothing.
Yea, I think you're underestimating what you can do in a month.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:09 am

What’s a white cuck?
What’s OBX?
:dat: :iono:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

OBX is Outer Banks, NC.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:37 am

I haven't tried to re-do the calendar yet.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:25 am OBX is Outer Banks, NC.
It's a certified fresh top 10 white person vacation spot.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:27 am
Pretty sure every other car up here has one of those OBX oval stickers on it.
max225

Yep. I suppose I’m not white then. Never heard of it, i will however research it now and put it on my to do.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:28 am

Pretty sure every other car up here has one of those OBX oval stickers on it.
:dat:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:29 am

Yep. I suppose I’m not white then. Never heard of it, i will however research it now and put it on my to do.
:mahtroy:
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:21 am

A month and you could only do one place with no 4x4 or mountain biking? This isn't computing in my head.
I looked at a trip out to Moab before and that would be 2 weeks, basically a week for travel and a week hanging out/camping/off-roading.
Going south is the only thing that makes sense. North will be a snowy shit show.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

What’s a white cuck?
What’s OBX?
Outer Banks, North Carolina
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

why obx, that place is good enough for me for only a weekend :lol: if i stay there for a week, i'd shoot myself. Why be more broad and go to New Orleans, Tejas, etc. those will feed in for 2 weeks better than OBX.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:40 am

What’s a white cuck?
What’s OBX?
Me, apparently.

I've spent a lot of time in OBX. It's great and awful all at the same time - great for decompression though.
:dat: i've spent a few weekends there and let's just say I don't exactly look forward for it. Mrytle however is a different story.
It's good for almost the first day, but falls down quickly, unless you're with a LOT of people.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Well that took a twist. :flaccid: but i guess :whocares:
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Dats where we go every year....because white cuck

PS We love it down there :doe:
Irish

max225

Irish wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:01 pm

What the EF is a white cuck?
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... white+cuck
It's not even on urban dictionary... :wtf:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I had to look up OBX.

Check my IG, I'm a white cuck in the OBX.

I'm fairly certain William Shakespeare would be highly dismayed at the state of the English language these days.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:40 am

What’s a white cuck?
What’s OBX?
Me, apparently.

I've spent a lot of time in OBX. It's great and awful all at the same time - great for decompression though.
What is awful about the Outer Banks?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:17 pm I had to look up OBX.

I'm fairly certain any adult who actually learned to read, write, and speak the language properly in their youth would be highly dismayed at the state of the English language these days.
:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:17 pm I had to look up OBX.

I'm fairly certain William Shakespeare would be highly dismayed at the state of the English language these days.
I am :notsure: I have your IG ? Also, Shakespeare is irrelevant because 1776 !
Irish

OBX is more family oriented and you have to get back onto the mainland in order to find things to do.

But each sub community abuts the beach, thus you are only sharing it with those who are staying close......this is a huge selling point for me because i :rage: at crowded beaches with all the :derp:

We generally stay near Duck, NC ..... though last year we did Corolla.......Duck is the on the northernmost section of the barrier islands

It is very nice and very relaxing....... Having spent the majority of my life going to the Jersey shore, the boardwalk thing is not my bag....so uncrowded beaches and a nice house with a pool is what I look for.....
Irish

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:06 pm
Irish wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:01 pm

What the EF is a white cuck?
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... white+cuck
It's not even on urban dictionary... :wtf:
cuck = cuckholded