OT 13: Unholy Guacamole

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:34 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:25 am Someone is massively pounding the porcelain in the bathroom. :impressive:
Taco Tuesday coming back to haunt them?
I don't want to know :yikes:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

dubshow wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:33 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:32 pm

Yeah, it’ll open a lot of door for her career and salary. The county used to have a licensing program, but they’re so understaffed right now that it’s non-functional.
:dat:

just tough it out. Which level does she currently have? LMSW is tier 1. Makes about 30-36k/year. Thats what you get right out of school. LCSW is the thing you want, but with out the right job, there is no financial gain for getting it. Need 2 years of supervision iirc. A lot of employers will let you get supervision from someone within the company. Others have to pay dearly to get the supervision hours, which is BS, as you already dont make shit.
Yeah she's currently not licensed at all. Just has her MSW. She's hoping the county reinstates the licensure program, but in the mean-time she's applying to places where she can get licensed.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:hai:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:05 am So Josie has the cone of shame on to protect the skin sample stitches. Have to keep that on for 2 weeks. Eating is rather hilarious with it and results in food just flying everywhere and her getting upset/embarrassed so I take it off for that. She's scared of the cone while walking, since she's running into things and can't see where noises are coming form. But she is eating, and is a bit happier now, the swelling has gone down quite a bit from the draining they did and steroids they gave her, she doesn't appear to be in as much pain. She'll have two scars on her muzzle from where they took skin samples.

She was totally drugged and out of it yesterday. Just a hopeless non-moving lump. Tail was wagging this morning though.

She also stinks, I think from the staph. Gave her a sponge bath last night which she seemed indifferent to but at least she's not as smelly now.

Food right now is boiled ground beef mixed with kibble and broth to soften. So she's eating like a princess.

Solid chance she'll either pee or shit in the house today from the steroids and antibiotics so we have a neighbor coming over to walk her around lunch.
Progress!

Hope it continues.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Found a good optometrist in my building and finally got contacts today. Been years since I had contacts because my last optometrist was a :wap: :derp: with fitting them.

Feels so good to see well without glasses. :fuckyeah:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:11 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:05 am So Josie has the cone of shame on to protect the skin sample stitches. Have to keep that on for 2 weeks. Eating is rather hilarious with it and results in food just flying everywhere and her getting upset/embarrassed so I take it off for that. She's scared of the cone while walking, since she's running into things and can't see where noises are coming form. But she is eating, and is a bit happier now, the swelling has gone down quite a bit from the draining they did and steroids they gave her, she doesn't appear to be in as much pain. She'll have two scars on her muzzle from where they took skin samples.

She was totally drugged and out of it yesterday. Just a hopeless non-moving lump. Tail was wagging this morning though.

She also stinks, I think from the staph. Gave her a sponge bath last night which she seemed indifferent to but at least she's not as smelly now.

Food right now is boiled ground beef mixed with kibble and broth to soften. So she's eating like a princess.

Solid chance she'll either pee or shit in the house today from the steroids and antibiotics so we have a neighbor coming over to walk her around lunch.
Progress!

Hope it continues.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:11 am Found a good optometrist in my building and finally got contacts today. Been years since I had contacts because my last optometrist was a :wap: :derp: with fitting them.

I think I need glasses. Not sure how to go about this. Guess I just find an optometrist that accepts my insurance, get a prescription, and then go wherever I get a discount to get frames/lenses made? This is a whole new world to me.

I can't read stuff on projector screens unless I'm sitting at the front of the room. Smaller sign lettering is blurryish until I'm closer to it. Driving is fine, really, and I pass the tests according to the state. Just finding myself annoyed at my vision lately.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:25 am Image

1. No
2. He'd fucking maul me
3. If he didn't maul me and I managed to actually accomplish this he'd hate me forever
:lolol:
Dem :angry: :howdareu: eyes!
wap

razr390 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:53 am Left my wallet at home today :rage:

Realized it after I ordered a breakfast sandwich. :rage:

Manager said to pay them back tomorrow and don’t worry about it :fuckyeah:
:notbad: outcome. :crang: 2.0 must come across as honest or something.

Pay in crangcoin
wap

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:16 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:25 am Image

1. No
2. He'd fucking maul me
3. If he didn't maul me and I managed to actually accomplish this he'd hate me forever
Penis pump: You're using it wrong.
:lolgasm:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:11 am Found a good optometrist in my building and finally got contacts today. Been years since I had contacts because my last optometrist was a :wap: :derp: with fitting them.

Last year my boss hooked me up with a friend of hers who's an optometrist near me. Great to deal with, got me setup with a different brand of contacts and they are 5/7. And a little homie-hookup on pricing. :notbad:
SAWCE

My vision insuranvce here sucks, none of the optometirsts near me have even heard of it, and the insurance website doesn't have a search function for places that will accept it :derp: That's one of the big benefits that I want to get back to NG for. Get back on VSP instead of this shit I have here.
wap

We just had eye exams this past weekend and dropped $1k on 3 pairs of glasses. :disgust:

Our optometrist is cool :doe: . He's an older hippie type. Long, graying ponytail but a cool dude. Gave us 5/7 tips for our upcoming road trip.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:19 am

I think I need glasses. Not sure how to go about this. Guess I just find an optometrist that accepts my insurance, get a prescription, and then go wherever I get a discount to get frames/lenses made? This is a whole new world to me.

I can't read stuff on projector screens unless I'm sitting at the front of the room. Smaller sign lettering is blurryish until I'm closer to it. Driving is fine, really, and I pass the tests according to the state. Just finding myself annoyed at my vision lately.
Most eyeglass stores have an independent optometrist on site. Our guy is in our local-ish For Eyes. You don't have to buy glasses there, though. Once you get your script you can take it to any eye glass store, pick a frame you like from the hundreds of samples on site, then they order the frame and lenses made to your prescription. About a week or so later they let you know they're in and you go pick them up. Easy. You can also do this on line but I never have. I like to try the frames on to see how they fit my mug, feel their weight, etc.
ChrisoftheNorth

You've never had glasses before? :impressive:

Do you pay for vision insurance?

Just go to an optometrist and get an exam. They'll give you a prescription and generally try to sell you glasses (where they make most of their money).

Go to a place like See or Warby Parker for discount glasses that look decent.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:32 am My vision insuranvce here sucks, none of the optometirsts near me have even heard of it, and the insurance website doesn't have a search function for places that will accept it :derp: That's one of the big benefits that I want to get back to NG for. Get back on VSP instead of this shit I have here.
Don't pay for it then. Many health insurance plans will cover an annual eye exam (look it up). This is the first year my company has offered vision insurance. Before, we had to pay out of pocket. TBH, when you add up the cost of insurance though the year, it's not much cheaper than just paying out of pocket. I signed up for it this year, but I"m going to see where it nets out at the end of the year. Might not be worth it.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:47 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:32 am My vision insuranvce here sucks, none of the optometirsts near me have even heard of it, and the insurance website doesn't have a search function for places that will accept it :derp: That's one of the big benefits that I want to get back to NG for. Get back on VSP instead of this shit I have here.
Don't pay for it then. Many health insurance plans will cover an annual eye exam (look it up). This is the first year my company has offered vision insurance. Before, we had to pay out of pocket. TBH, when you add up the cost of insurance though the year, it's not much cheaper than just paying out of pocket. I signed up for it this year, but I"m going to see where it nets out at the end of the year. Might not be worth it.
It's $15/year :lol: but yeah, that's a wasted $15 if I'm not using it.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:35 am

We just had eye exams this past weekend and dropped $1k on 3 pairs of glasses. :disgust:

Our optometrist is cool :doe: . He's an older hippie type. Long, graying ponytail but a cool dude. Gave us 5/7 tips for our upcoming road trip.
Glasses are :fullretard: expensive. We always go to cheaper places and end up paying somewhere in the $200/pair range. But now that I'm on contacts, assuming the cooperate for a full day (my old ones wouldn't), I'll probably only keep glasses around for night time. Contacts are roughly $200/year.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:48 am
A YEAR?!?

No wonder it's worthless.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:50 am
SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:48 am

A YEAR?!?

No wonder it's worthless.
Seriously.. $0.63/paycheck.
wap

Yea we got vision insurance for the first time this year, too, and this is our strategy as well. It costs me $7.35/paycheck so $191.10/year. $10 copay for eye exams plus you get a frame allowance and a discount on top of it. So with both of our exams this weekend, plus 2 pair of glasses for me (regular and prescription shades), and 1 pair for her, it saved us almost $300 total, so a little over $100 net savings, so it was worth it to have the insurance this year. I'll cancel it for next year and sign up again the next time we need glasses in a few years, then cancel the following year. Rinse and repeat.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Warby Parker glasses are $100/pair out the door, with or without insurance. :scrooge:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:02 pm
Yea we got vision insurance for the first time this year, too, and this is our strategy as well. It costs me $7.35/paycheck so $191.10/year. $10 copay for eye exams plus you get a frame allowance and a discount on top of it. So with both of our exams this weekend, plus 2 pair of glasses for me (regular and prescription shades), and 1 pair for her, it saved us almost $300 total, so a little over $100 net savings, so it was worth it to have the insurance this year. I'll cancel it for next year and sign up again the next time we need glasses in a few years, then cancel the following year. Rinse and repeat.
Sounds similar to our plan, and likely the outcome for us. Though, we'll need to keep it since contacts only come in annual qty's.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:05 pm Warby Parker glasses are $100/pair out the door, with or without insurance. :scrooge:

It's a great option.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:44 am

You've never had glasses before? :impressive:

Do you pay for vision insurance?

Just go to an optometrist and get an exam. They'll give you a prescription and generally try to sell you glasses (where they make most of their money).

Go to a place like See or Warby Parker for discount glasses that look decent.
IIRC vision is included and we get $100 off frames or some shit