What's in Charlotte?

Share the juicy deets of your worldly travels, and discuss your pipedreams for future trips.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:08 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:06 pm

No yard upkeep is nice.
There's a :manuel: for dat.
:manuel: is :wasteful: :doe:

Yard made of stones > paying :manuel: to maintain grass you don't want and won't use
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:08 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:06 pm Also, the finishes in the Bricktopia "Epic" option are decidely non-epic. Once again, we have the whole "fox hunting, landed gentry, let's go down to [user not found]'s for a drink" brick front facade with a deck you will have to refinish every year, more fucking leaves than the Charlie Brown Halloween Special, rental poverty spec bathroom and kitchen finishes, a detached 2 car garage, where you are probably supposed to park your :minivan:
Another breeder special.
If that's what's on the market then that's what's on the market :doe:
I don't think it would be all that bad. Yeah the kitchen is poverty. You could re-do it if you want and add value to the house. Or not I'm sure it's functional as-is. :iono: We lived in a McMansion-ish house one time and it wasn't all that bad. Biggest issue were shoddy build quality bs problems but labor was dirt cheap in San Antonio so my parent's didn't mind that much.

Agreed on the deck though. Exposed wood is :disgust: to maintain.
My point is that the Friar Tuck house checks off a lot of Troybro boxes, still looks nice (and in many ways nicer than "Epic") for $60K LESS.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:06 pm Also, the finishes in the Bricktopia "Epic" option are decidely non-epic. Once again, we have the whole "fox hunting, landed gentry, let's go down to [user not found]'s for a drink" brick front facade with a deck you will have to refinish every year, more fucking leaves than the Charlie Brown Halloween Special, rental poverty spec bathroom and kitchen finishes, a detached 2 car garage, where you are probably supposed to park your :minivan:
Another breeder special.
We can't all be :waxer: :doe:

I live in a "vinyl village" type subdivision now and it's actually quite nice. The house is 10-15 years old so it's still "reliable", I don't want my house to be an ownershit experience like an E39 M5. I'd rather be fixing car stuff than house stuff. I've done small things at our (my gf's) place, but nothing major is needed ever. The neighborhood also offers a nice pool, a safe environment to walk a dog, a couple of parks with playgrounds if crotchfruit is your thing. Also due to the high volume of homes, shops and other things are easily reached. Plus, the house was cheap and therefor my monthly outlay to my gf is cheap. Despite all of this the interior is pleasant. Is it custom? No, but everything works and looks pretty good.
Desertbreh

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:24 pm
Another breeder special.
We can't all be :waxer: :doe:

I live in a "vinyl village" type subdivision now and it's actually quite nice. The house is 10-15 years old so it's still "reliable", I don't want my house to be an ownershit experience like an E39 M5. I'd rather be fixing car stuff than house stuff. I've done small things at our (my gf's) place, but nothing major is needed ever. The neighborhood also offers a nice pool, a safe environment to walk a dog, a couple of parks with playgrounds if crotchfruit is your thing. Also due to the high volume of homes, shops and other things are easily reached. Plus, the house was cheap and therefor my monthly outlay to my gf is cheap. Despite all of this the interior is pleasant. Is it custom? No, but everything works and looks pretty good.
Once again, my point is that the Friar Tuck house offered substance over style for a $60K savings.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Another breeder special.
POTD
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh

[user not found] wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:51 pm
Desertbreh wrote:Also, the finishes in the Bricktopia "Epic" option are decidely non-epic. Once again, we have the whole "fox hunting, landed gentry, let's go down to [user not found]'s for a drink" brick front facade with a deck you will have to refinish every year, more fucking leaves than the Charlie Brown Halloween Special, rental poverty spec bathroom and kitchen finishes, a detached 2 car garage, where you are probably supposed to park your :minivan:
Another breeder special.
Consider the price point though.
I must be opaque in this post because you're the third guy who hasn't smelled what I am cooking. I am taking aim at this property as compared to Friar Tuck only, not as compared to the Charlotte market as a whole or Charlotte vs. the rest of the U.S.

Friar Tuck offers an attached 3 car Garage vs. 2 car detached, only 100 less square feet, WAY NICER kitchen and bath finishes, a lot that is twice as big in size to keep others at arms length because Troy hates people, and to me appears to be the superior house in almost every way unless you are in love with that atrium and deck which will need 40 gallons of Behr stain every year....ALL for $60K less asking.

But, like, that's just my opinion man.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Another breeder special.
You missed that there is a 2 car detached garage AND a 2 car attached garage. It's "Epic" because it's 4 cars.
troyguitar

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:17 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:51 pm Consider the price point though.
I must be opaque in this post because you're the third guy who hasn't smelled what I am cooking. I am taking aim at this property as compared to Friar Tuck only, not as compared to the Charlotte market as a whole or Charlotte vs. the rest of the U.S.

Friar Tuck offers an attached 3 car Garage vs. 2 car detached, only 100 less square feet, WAY NICER kitchen and bath finishes, a lot that is twice as big in size to keep others at arms length because Troy hates people, and to me appears to be the superior house in almost every way unless you are in love with that atrium and deck which will need 40 gallons of Behr stain every year....ALL for $60K less asking.

But, like, that's just my opinion man.
I don't want a big lot :doe: - and see previous post about the "epic" having dual 2 car garages. Location is less middle-of-nowhere on it too while still being nowhere near the city.
Desertbreh

troyguitar wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:21 pm
Another breeder special.
You missed that there is a 2 car detached garage AND a 2 car attached garage. It's "Epic" because it's 4 cars.
:( :derp: OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see the attached garage? Maybe the detached is just double deep?
Desertbreh

Or is it like [user not found]'s where the front three windows on the left are for the garage?
troyguitar

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:30 pm Or is it like [user not found]'s where the front three windows on the left are for the garage?
:dat:

Desertbreh

troyguitar wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:31 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:30 pm Or is it like [user not found]'s where the front three windows on the left are for the garage?

My name is Eric and I am wrong.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:35 pm

RIP Dirk Divebomber.. got too close for missiles, but forgot to switch to guns.
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:38 pm

troyguitar

You were presenting alternative :fax:
Johnny_P

SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:38 pm

Poor Dirk :(
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:Though you were wrong I think an important point was brought up, quality of construction.

:mahtroy: might go nuts living in a place with obviously cut corners that Joe Six-pack might not care about. The first few houses we looked at were like that and it was rage inducing, even for me, and I don't have an eye for that stuff.
You can only care about so many things before you run out of choices entirely :doe:

Location+price+features+quality+style all being optimal doesn't exist unless you have :alpo: luck.
Desertbreh

[user not found] wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:47 pm Though you were wrong I think an important point was brought up, quality of construction.

:mahtroy: might go nuts living in a place with obviously cut corners that Joe Six-pack might not care about. The first few houses we looked at were like that and it was rage inducing, even for me, and I don't have an eye for that stuff.
Once the need for bedrooms for crotchfruit is addressed, I would rather live in a 2500 square foot home with quality finishes than a 4500 square foot home that uses the cheapest everything.
Desertbreh

Also none of these 3 and 4 car garage homes had pictures of the garage interior. :disappoint: :dafuq:
troyguitar

Desertbreh wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:47 pm Though you were wrong I think an important point was brought up, quality of construction.

Once the need for bedrooms for crotchfruit is addressed, I would rather live in a 2500 square foot home with quality finishes than a 4500 square foot home that uses the cheapest everything.
Good luck finding that in the right place for the right price with 600+ sq ft garage.
troyguitar

Desertbreh wrote:Also none of these 3 and 4 car garage homes had pictures of the garage interior. :disappoint: :dafuq:
:dat: too. It's standard practice. :disgust:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Batting 1000 there, Dirk. You even got your fucking name wrong. :disappoint:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P

wap wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:38 pm

Batting 1000 there, Dirk. You even got your fucking name wrong. :disappoint:
:lolol: :lolgasm: POTD
Johnny_P

I saw so much shoddy bs when I was looking, it was insane. Houses listing at $450-550k with uneven ceilings, windows installed backwards, etc. My parents house is guilty of this. They live in a mcmansiony neighborhood in Birmingham AL. Their fridge doors can't open all the way because they hit the corner of the kitchen counter across from them. True story. I would have raged out at that but they dgaf.

Their house was cheap doe, esp for new construction. I guess some bs is to be expected for cheap price.
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:53 pm Their house was cheap doe, esp for new construction. I guess some bs is to be expected for cheap price.

Half of the windows in our current place are cheaply made and/or poorly installed such that you can't fully open them or it takes a ridiculous effort to do so, like you feel like you're going to break something. I never open windows anyway, we have climate control for a reason. :aintcare: