Dem bicicletas, doe

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Johnny_P wrote:Philly bros: Friday and Saturday shaping up to be hella nice. Trails should be dry too. :popcorn:
Pre PDRBQ meat up? I'd be down. Although I don't have laminx for my roof rack yet. I guess I can put it on for the day and take it off after.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:23 pm
Johnny_P wrote:Philly bros: Friday and Saturday shaping up to be hella nice. Trails should be dry too. :popcorn:
Pre PDRBQ meat up? I'd be down. Although I don't have laminx for my roof rack yet. I guess I can put it on for the day and take it off after.

Throw it in the hatch :zing:
I throw my 29er in the trunk NFG
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:23 pm Pre PDRBQ meat up? I'd be down. Although I don't have laminx for my roof rack yet. I guess I can put it on for the day and take it off after.

Throw it in the hatch :zing:
I throw my 29er in the trunk NFG
Doesn't really fit in the GoRf that well. I just checked Amazon and the roof rack protection film is back in stock. I'll order that now.

fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

I'll be down to clown saturday morning as long as I'm home by noon. Wifey has a Liv skills clinic from 3-6 in Bethlehem.

I'm down for Sunday, too.
Johnny_P

I won't be around Sunday but I could do post-work on Friday or almost any time Saturday I think. I'll go out for a ride either way. Belmont/Wiss, or drive somewhere and meat up with you guys.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I'm good anytime Saturday but it's gotta be afternoon on Sunday.

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

coogles wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:31 pm :ohdang:

Dude on Facebook is selling a 2018 Trance Advanced 1 in my size. Dat bloo. :jimp:

Guy is asking $3,949, but bicycle blue book says it's only worth $2,950 or so. On a MSRP of of $5,100? :nuke: :lolol:
Asking price dropped to $3,599. Offer $3,000 and see what happens? WANT.

Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:59 pm
coogles wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:31 pm :ohdang:

Dude on Facebook is selling a 2018 Trance Advanced 1 in my size. Dat bloo. :jimp:

Guy is asking $3,949, but bicycle blue book says it's only worth $2,950 or so. On a MSRP of of $5,100? :nuke: :lolol:
Asking price dropped to $3,599. Offer $3,000 and see what happens? WANT.

I mean it’s worth what he’s asking. It’s a brand new $5k bike mang.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Price drop was 4 weeks ago, doe. If he's intent on selling I bet he'd take $3k.

Doesn't matter either way, wife vetoed it. Not that she's being unreasonable. Kid due in 3 months, she'll only be bringing in 70% while on mat leave, plus the delivery costs on top of everything else we still need to buy in the coming weeks. Dropping 3 grand on a bike right now wouldn't be the most intelligent financial decision ever made.

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
coogles wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:38 pm Price drop was 4 weeks ago, doe. If he's intent on selling I bet he'd take $3k.

Doesn't matter either way, wife vetoed it. Not that she's being unreasonable. Kid due in 3 months, she'll only be bringing in 70% while on mat leave, plus the delivery costs on top of everything else we still need to buy in the coming weeks. Dropping 3 grand on a bike right now wouldn't be the most intelligent financial decision ever made.
Ride whatchu gots, mang.

Kid's gonna :wasteful: you.
This is what I have.

https://www.bicyclebluebook.com/searchl ... x?id=12581

A couple serious outings and it'll be dead, then I'll be left without a :derp: around bike. It's either buy something or no trail riding for me this year.

Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:29 pm
[user not found] wrote:
Ride whatchu gots, mang.

Kid's gonna :wasteful: you.
This is what I have.

A couple serious outings and it'll be dead, then I'll be left without a :derp: around bike. It's either buy something or no trail riding for me this year.

I used to slay the Wiss on a bike just like that. I broke a lot of shit.

You can have my Sram 9 speed shit if you want it. X5 shifters, x7 3 ring front, x9 rear. Have cassette and chain too. No crank. Rear derailleur needs a new jockey pulley but you could probably steal from your parts.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:26 pm
coogles wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:29 pm This is what I have.

O.

Yeah, you need a new bike.
Pretty much
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:29 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:26 pm

O.

Yeah, you need a new bike.
Pretty much
This goes for you, too.
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:38 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:29 pm

Pretty much
This goes for you, too.
:dat:
Johnny_P

https://www.thehubpisgah.com/about-the-hub

Might try and visit here if I get a chance when I'm in Asheville area. They stock Santa Cruz, Pivot, Evil, and Transition. Like, actually have them in stock.

Apparently Evil has a horrible reputation for quality and warranty work. Forums are littered with Evil bikes that have warranty rejections for design flaws. In one case, a dude had a warranty claim denied by Evil for a bike that would hit it's rear tire on the seat tube when landing off a jump/feature. Like, how does that even happen?

Meanwhile Pivot, SC, and Transition all seem to have a decent reputation with warranty and crash replacement policies. Honestly though, Trek has been fantastic to me. Best bike company I've encountered regarding honoring warranty work. Shame I didn't care for the Fuel EX all that much.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

We riding tomorrow?

Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:40 am We riding tomorrow?

I'm apparently going to White Clay with a friend, he offered to drive so :millennial: me will tag along
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:12 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:40 am We riding tomorrow?

I'm apparently going to White Clay with a friend, he offered to drive so :millennial: me will tag along
FUUUUUUUU.... I wanna go there.

I won't ride early tomorrow. On the road to Bethlehem around noon.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:07 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:12 am

Where's White Clay?

:disappoint:

Apex??
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:18 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:07 pm

Where's White Clay?

:disappoint:

Apex??
Northern Delaware
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I'm all alone. :(

Maybe I'll just do the canal path to get used to riding again.

Bandit
Spinbait
Spinbait
Drives: Legacy Swagon | Nissan 240sx

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:08 am https://www.thehubpisgah.com/about-the-hub

Might try and visit here if I get a chance when I'm in Asheville area. They stock Santa Cruz, Pivot, Evil, and Transition. Like, actually have them in stock.

Apparently Evil has a horrible reputation for quality and warranty work. Forums are littered with Evil bikes that have warranty rejections for design flaws. In one case, a dude had a warranty claim denied by Evil for a bike that would hit it's rear tire on the seat tube when landing off a jump/feature. Like, how does that even happen?

Meanwhile Pivot, SC, and Transition all seem to have a decent reputation with warranty and crash replacement policies. Honestly though, Trek has been fantastic to me. Best bike company I've encountered regarding honoring warranty work. Shame I didn't care for the Fuel EX all that much.
I bought a Santa Cruz Chameleon a few months ago and I absolutely love it. Definitely enjoy the more laid back geometry over a race XC bike (I previously had a Stumpjumper) and the 27.5+ tires are like velcro. The Pivot Mach 429 Trail is a sweet ride and apparently the guys who own that company are great to work with. They all still ride and care about the bikes they are putting out (same deal for Santa Cruz).

I haven't dealt with Evil or Transition before so I don't have an opinion of them. People do really like Transition bikes though, so they could be a contender. If forums are crawling with Evil issues, I'd stay away just based on that.

Are you looking for a new bike? Or just looking? The new Santa Cruz's for this year are :wub:
Johnny_P

Slayed Belmont this afternoon. Bike rode so nicely. Shimano shifters can go to hell but the rest is good and I like 1x overall.
Johnny_P

Bandit wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:31 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:08 am https://www.thehubpisgah.com/about-the-hub

I bought a Santa Cruz Chameleon a few months ago and I absolutely love it. Definitely enjoy the more laid back geometry over a race XC bike (I previously had a Stumpjumper) and the 27.5+ tires are like velcro. The Pivot Mach 429 Trail is a sweet ride and apparently the guys who own that company are great to work with. They all still ride and care about the bikes they are putting out (same deal for Santa Cruz).

I haven't dealt with Evil or Transition before so I don't have an opinion of them. People do really like Transition bikes though, so they could be a contender. If forums are crawling with Evil issues, I'd stay away just based on that.

Are you looking for a new bike? Or just looking? The new Santa Cruz's for this year are :wub:
Yeah been looking for a while now. But it’s hard in the Philly area because shops don’t stock full squish MTBs in the city.

Front runner is a Giant Anthem. I rode a cf one at a demo day and it blew me away. Tried a Pivot Mach 429T and it rode rough. Pivot Switchblade was stupid fun but is an enduro bike so likely too much for this area. Only SC I’ve ridden was a 5010 1st gen on a demo day many years ago but it was a lot of fun too.
Bandit
Spinbait
Spinbait
Drives: Legacy Swagon | Nissan 240sx

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:54 pm
Bandit wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:31 pm

Yeah been looking for a while now. But it’s hard in the Philly area because shops don’t stock full squish MTBs in the city.

Front runner is a Giant Anthem. I rode a cf one at a demo day and it blew me away. Tried a Pivot Mach 429T and it rode rough. Pivot Switchblade was stupid fun but is an enduro bike so likely too much for this area. Only SC I’ve ridden was a 5010 1st gen on a demo day many years ago but it was a lot of fun too.
Makes sense. I'm spoiled out here, everyone wants full squish. You'll see maybe one or two hardtails on the floor.