Dem bicicletas, doe

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/mens- ... 545-154960

Gorgeous. Giants are a better value with the carbon wheelset but this looks so nice.
Johnny_P

https://www.thehubpisgah.com/

I stopped here on my Asheville trip. We were going to rent bikes and ride in Pisgah but it didn't happen. She had a little meltdown that day and instead we hiked a mountain which was awesome so NFG. But I got to at least see some high end bikes up close. I love all of Santa Cruz's paint jobs this year. They're basically all gloss and simple colors and not slathered in branding. Killer. I also liked the baby blue on the Pivot Switchblade. They're all so god damn expensive though. Over $5k for anything there. I'm not good enough to appreciate a $5k bike.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:16 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:03 pm

:yeahok:
:pftch: :lolol:
pftch is new? :notbad: Shouldn't it be pfft?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:36 pm https://www.thehubpisgah.com/

I stopped here on my Asheville trip. We were going to rent bikes and ride in Pisgah but it didn't happen. She had a little meltdown that day and instead we hiked a mountain which was awesome so NFG. But I got to at least see some high end bikes up close. I love all of Santa Cruz's paint jobs this year. They're basically all gloss and simple colors and not slathered in branding. Killer. I also liked the baby blue on the Pivot Switchblade. They're all so god damn expensive though. Over $5k for anything there. I'm not good enough to appreciate a $5k bike.
The gloss ink on the 5010... :megusta: :megusta:

They're definitely :waxer:, doe.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:32 pm https://www.specialized.com/us/en/mens- ... 545-154960

Gorgeous. Giants are a better value with the carbon wheelset but this looks so nice.
New Stumpjumper does look damn nice.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:43 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:36 pm https://www.thehubpisgah.com/

The gloss ink on the 5010... :megusta: :megusta:

They're definitely :waxer:, doe.
Yeah the 5010 is a rad bike. I really liked the gloss red with the black badging. Looks so good. I really don't like matte colors or branding slathered all over bikes. The orange/yellow OG 5010 was such a cool looking bike and fun to ride. Pedaled kind of poorly doe, compared to current rigs.

But yes, :waxer: AF, don't ride any better than Giants, worse component spec for the money compared to major brands, and proudly made in China now. Also heavy. A solid 4-6 lbs more than a comparable Giant Trance or Anthem.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:44 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:32 pm https://www.specialized.com/us/en/mens- ... 545-154960

Boost axles, able to handle plus tires on every frame, every frame can handle every wheel size, threaded bottom brackets, water bottle cage inside the triangle, lighter than it used to be, stiffer, and not super slacked out, lifetime frame warranty and 5 year swingarm warranty. Sounds pretty great.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:54 pm
coogles wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:44 pm

Boost axles, able to handle plus tires on every frame, every frame can handle every wheel size, threaded bottom brackets, water bottle cage inside the triangle, lighter than it used to be, stiffer, and not super slacked out, lifetime frame warranty and 5 year swingarm warranty. Sounds pretty great.
And you still won't buy one.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:01 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:54 pm

And you still won't buy one.
I wanna try it before I plunk down $4500 on one, and if nobody has any in stock and no demos and no nothing, then you're correct.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:
Apex wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:01 pm And you still won't buy one.
I wanna try it before I plunk down $4500 on one, and if nobody has any in stock and no demos and no nothing, then you're correct.
Same reasoning for how I ended up with a Trance. Nothing else I rode made me grin like this bike, and I couldn't demo anything else I was interested in. Made my decision pretty easy.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:36 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:38 pm

pftch is new? :notbad: Shouldn't it be pfft?
Pft is more of a :meh: kinda thing. Dismissive.

The official rage-moji is pffftttchh but that's silly: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/pffftttchh
Interesting
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Whelp, I didn't get out on the trails today. Made it to Town Run by about 5:30, but it turns out the trail is closed due to flooding from a couple weeks ago. Didn't have enough time to make it over to Fort Ben since the in-laws are inbound.

Giant shock pump is awesome, btw. Works beautifully.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

This is a sexy bike.

The double offset rear shock is amazing. One of the best design cues from the Orbea Rallon on this bike looks awesome because it snakes around the frame.

Want.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:01 pm Peloton arrived. :fuckyeah:

I didn’t know they did one with a dropper post.
Johnny_P

Interesting. I have Lisa’s bike hooked up to a Kurt Kinetic Road Machine trainer. She likes it.
Johnny_P

Not bad. Would be a good thing for me to have during winter. I despise trainers with a passion but this green Kinetic one is not terrible. Quiet and has a heavy flywheel so it feels more natural.
Johnny_P

The MTB is :mindblown: now guise. I made it over some gnarly shit yesterday.

Not my pic, but that's a log stack that is about 45 degrees to the trail and rather sketchy to even walk over. Rode it uphill yesterday. First time I've ever done that! The new wheels are stiffer, the 32t ring gives me a bunch more clearance than the 42t 3x crank I had before, the new stem and bars have me positioned a bit more back on the bike and give me a bunch more leverage and stability over these type of features. And the 32x46 low gear is perfect, anything lower and I'd just be lifting the wheel but anything higher and I'd be walking sections. 5/7.

Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:19 am
Johnny_P wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:29 pm Not bad. Would be a good thing for me to have during winter. I despise trainers with a passion but this green Kinetic one is not terrible. Quiet and has a heavy flywheel so it feels more natural.
Yeah, I don't have fun on trainers. Good for race warmups and that's about it for me.

The Kinetic one is nice, doe - had a few friends with the green ones in college.
I bought it used on :crang: slist for like half off and it came with a super heavy flywheel attachment thingy too. It's not horrible to use but still not fun. Whatever, she uses it like 15-20 mins a few times a week so that's fine. At least its pretty quiet.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I think i'd Zwift with a Cycleops Hammer before I peloton.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:53 am So, tried to get the tires on the Whorbea sealed up last night, the beads are all gunked up with Stans and I can't seem to peel the boogers off. Like they're fused with the rubber.

Soooo... :wasteful:

Ordered 2.4 Conti X-kings from Jenson.
The X king I have on my rear hasn't held up. Needs replacement after a year of light riding. Then again I do ride to/from the trails so each ride has like 15-20 miles of pavement. Which is hell on knobbies.

But its chunking and missing knobs at this point. Grippy fast tire for the back, IDK about out front. I like my Nobby Nic for front duties.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:21 pm
Apex wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:18 pm

:ohdang:

My boss and her husband have one and her husband loves it! In4resultsgettingwifeonabike
Yeah, she even said, "after I get some fitness back we can ride with Fled and Mrs. Fled again."

:fuckyeah:
These things have always looked awesome to me. Spin class without needing to adhere to spin class schedules....
If you are a busy guy/live in the city/can't get to a gym/are too lazy to get to a gym this looks like to go-to device for weight control and fitness.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:04 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:58 pm

These things have always looked awesome to me. Spin class without needing to adhere to spin class schedules....
If you are a busy guy/live in the city/can't get to a gym/are too lazy to get to a gym this looks like to go-to device for weight control and fitness.
Being in sales means my schedule is all over the place. I can now do a spin class at 11:30 at night if I wanted to.

Woke up this morning and did my 2nd one at 8AM. This one was a live class.

Utterly fantastic - I love that I can track all the metrics.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1526763178
Yeah it's the first piece of home exercise equipment that really looks worth the money to me.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:13 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:11 pm

Yeah it's the first piece of home exercise equipment that really looks worth the money to me.
My only worry is that the network behind it collapses at some point.

Aside from that, it's a very well thought-out piece of equipment. And I usually view most home machines other than weight racks or benches with a lot of skepticism.
The cost and (according to the reviews) accompanying build quality of the bike make me think the network is going to be around for while.....
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:rage: :rage:

At this rate I'll never get out on the trails. :(
Apex
Drives: Abominable

coogles wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:18 pm Image

:rage: :rage:

At this rate I'll never get out on the trails. :(
Spend the weekend in Jersey for PDRBQ and brap some trails.