Car Talk 2: Un-American Motor Company.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

I will admit that I do keep thinking about putting my NRA Benefactor Life Member sticker on the ZR2 just to :triggered: people around here.

It's something I come back to every few months, but I know I live in the land of POS pussies that would get out of their Nissan Leaf and hit my cars with an environmentally friendly, zero carbon footprint baseball bat in a parking lot and run away before ever saying anything to my face.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:09 am I will admit that I do keep thinking about putting my NRA Benefactor Life Member sticker on the ZR2 just to :triggered: people around here.

It's something I come back to every few months, but I know I live in the land of POS pussies that would get out of their Nissan Leaf and hit my cars with an environmentally friendly, zero carbon footprint baseball bat and run away before ever saying anything to my face.
They'd probably vandalize your truck. Its just not worth it IMO. I dont broadcast anything on vehicles. People are insane enough and I want to avoid them at all costs.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:10 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:09 am I will admit that I do keep thinking about putting my NRA Benefactor Life Member sticker on the ZR2 just to :triggered: people around here.

It's something I come back to every few months, but I know I live in the land of POS pussies that would get out of their Nissan Leaf and hit my cars with an environmentally friendly, zero carbon footprint baseball bat and run away before ever saying anything to my face.
They'd probably vandalize your truck. Its just not worth it IMO. I dont broadcast anything on vehicles. People are insane enough and I want to avoid them at all costs.
Yeah, that's why I don't.

I mean fuck... not too many years ago a dude from up here was in Los Angeles at a Dodgers game wearing a Giant's cap and was turned into a vegetable. Mental midgets are a real threat.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

We pay about 1700 a month just to have someone watch our kids while we go to work to earn money. Forget the cost of things they need.

:mindblown:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:29 am
Davestr wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:13 am Its cool to be rich and a rebel and make an amazing car. Worth a look.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... us-ferrari
I love 'outlaw' cars.

Bringing classic cars into the modern era with subtle, OE-appearing updates, is awesome.
:dat: Aside from the pricetag, 'outlaw' cars are awesome.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:01 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:57 am
Today when we got to work, we parked next to a Camaro with the sticker from your avatar in the back window. :tits: loved it and asked if we could put that in the back of the truck.

I'm against stickers, otherwise I would. People completely underestimate the cost of children and often forget that it's a choice you make. If you don't want to make the trade-off, don't. It's :lolol: how many people tell us how "lucky" we are that we don't have to pay for x,y,z kid shit. It's not luck, it's :math: and :science:
:dat:

It's a conscious decision made with my own well being in mind.

Kids would kill me, financially, mentally, and spiritually. I'd be one broken fucking man.
Same. In my case, even more so because :tits: has an expensive taste in wine (keep the cellar full) and travel. I'd rather spend money on that anyway.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:14 am We pay about 1700 a month just to have someone watch our kids while we go to work to earn money. Forget the cost of things they need.

:mindblown:
That's more than the income of many people.

:disgust:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:05 am The only stickers I have on my cars are the DFD ones. I've got a :poorvette: one on the truk with a :neek: and a tiny DFD is going on the Meata.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:05 am The only stickers I have on my cars are the DFD ones. I've got a :poorvette: one on the truk with a :neek: and a tiny DFD is going on the Meata.
:lolol: :lolgasm:

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:26 am
:lolgasm: :dat:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:lolgasm:

POTD.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

:bravo:

:bravo:
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:29 am
Davestr wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:13 am Its cool to be rich and a rebel and make an amazing car. Worth a look.

I love 'outlaw' cars.

Bringing classic cars into the modern era with subtle, OE-appearing updates, is awesome.
Fully agree. Well said!! :like:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:32 am
Desertbreh wrote:
There are a lot more people than you would think that are just :plac: for any number of reasons. Same people who are on their 12th relationship in 5 years, 12th job in 5 years, etc. Especially wimmenz. They buy a car and are :triggered: by some aspect of it and just can't stand it. No lecture from Maximillian Zhukov about the transactional costs, taxes, depreciation etc. utterly flushed down the toilet will sway them. Gotta :plac:
I found this late last night.

The truth is out. Plac profit never existed.

This is incredible. You've found the grassy knoll. Also LOL on BEFORE KIDS, WHEN I HAD MONEY.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Davestr

MURICA LOL....fantastic LOL :) :like: :like:
Davestr

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:51 am
[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:50 am

Especially these days.

One of many reasons the wife and I have chosen the DINK lyfe.
:dat:

I knew long ago that I personally didn't want to spend money on kids.

The :plac: message reads like it's a setup for a plea for donations that is forthcoming.
Ive never woken up wondering why Im not a Dad. I knew in my late teens that was not on the cars. I had a cool Mom and when I discussed it with her later in my mid twenties, she said its not for everyone. Dont even worry about it!

Was nice to feel zero pressure about that issue from her. I know alot of folks who are obsessed with it and their families pushed them harder into it. Fk that!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

:stig:

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

God those were gorgeous cars. This modernization is awesome.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:34 pm
[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:32 am

I found this late last night.

The truth is out. Plac profit never existed.

This is incredible. You've found the grassy knoll. Also LOL on BEFORE KIDS, WHEN I HAD MONEY.
:dat: :lolol:
The truth will out.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:30 pm
Davestr wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:33 pm

Ive never woken up wondering why Im not a Dad. I knew in my late teens that was not on the cars. I had a cool Mom and when I discussed it with her later in my mid twenties, she said its not for everyone. Dont even worry about it!

Was nice to feel zero pressure about that issue from her. I know alot of folks who are obsessed with it and their families pushed them harder into it. Fk that!
I got a little push from my mom shortly after my brother died in 2011, but I had to sit her down and say it's nahgonnahappen and she's given up the ghost. She's OK with grandpets.
Thank goodness my bro had kids to keep the grandkid jones fed for my mother. My MIL however, :rolleyes: ...
Davestr

troyguitar wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:36 pm :stig:

I love that model Miata! Looks superb :like:
Davestr

wap wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:16 pm

God those were gorgeous cars. This modernization is awesome.
+1 the so called ''Purists' be damned LOL. Would love to go to Monterey and see that in person this summer. Have not made that journey in a while. If you are car person you need to hit those if you can.
Davestr

The gym I workout at is not at all near me but worth the ride. The owner is a way cool car guy and its near some upper end dealers. Aston is across the street and this Vanquish had nice yellow highlight trim to coordinate with the yellow brake waxable calipers! :)

CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Davestr wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:07 am The gym I workout at is not at all near me but worth the ride. The owner is a way cool car guy and its near some upper end dealers. Aston is across the street and this Vanquish had nice yellow highlight trim to coordinate with the yellow brake waxable calipers! :)

I love the styling on those cars.
Davestr

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:19 am
Davestr wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:07 am The gym I workout at is not at all near me but worth the ride. The owner is a way cool car guy and its near some upper end dealers. Aston is across the street and this Vanquish had nice yellow highlight trim to coordinate with the yellow brake waxable calipers! :)

I love the styling on those cars.
I would not cry if I had to man that car up on occassion :) :like: