Turn Signals Optional: Gberg’s M3

Strut your greasy stuff!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Finally back home from the :dillerman: . M3 acquired and I won the tire lottery by getting the Michelins. They did a nice job detailing it too as there are no swirls anywhere.

Car had just 16 miles on it.

wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Fuck, made a post and it disappeared into the ether. :|

Anyway, :fuckyeah: Enjoy! Curious to read what you think about the dash screens and the poverty rear brakes :hue:

Will be following this thread for sure. :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Love the ride ! And color ! Finally here !

How long did it take from order to driveway !?
Did you buy the all season mats ?
Do the m logos in the seats light up at night ?
How’s the manual ?
Are you getting the ///M logo cover to cover the ///m Logo in the caliper
What do you think of idrive 8.5?
How long is the break in?

:lolgasm: sorry I just :jizz: over here
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:45 pm Fuck, made a post and it disappeared into the ether. :|

Anyway, :fuckyeah: Enjoy! Curious to read what you think about the dash screens and the poverty rear brakes :hue:

Will be following this thread for sure. :like:
Thanks!

So far the dash screens are fine. I still need to configure some stuff but so far I haven’t had any issues figuring out how it works. The “genius” is going to call me and I can schedule an appointment with him if I need.

Not sure how I’ll ever get over the poverty sliders. I’ll have to commit seppuku.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:45 pm Love the ride ! And color ! Finally here !

How long did it take from order to driveway !? Deposit given end of June. Allocation acquired 9/27. Delivery 12/9
Did you buy the all season mats ? No. I asked him to throw them in which he did. He said he didn’t have the trunk liner though. I don’t know if I should hound him for that
Do the m logos in the seats light up at night ? They do
How’s the manual ? I think it’s the typical bmw manual. Fine. Long throws, light effort, and very rubbery. If I have one small annoyance it’s how I have to kind of point my toes to use the clutch. If I don’t sometimes the tip of my shoe gets caught on something under the dash. I’ll try messing with my driving position to fix it.
Are you getting the ///M logo cover to cover the ///m Logo in the caliper Not sure yet. Maybe?
What do you think of idrive 8.5? Don’t have 8.5 but maybe I’ll get an update overnight since it’s home? I’ll ask the genius about it when he calls
How long is the break in? There’s 2 parts to break in over the first 1200 miles. First 600, nothing over 5k rpm or 100 mph. 600-1200, nothing over 6k rpm. Service the car at 1200 miles for the run in service which is oil change and rear diff fluid change. There might be one more thing I’m forgetting

:lolgasm: sorry I just :jizz: over here
Answered. :like:
max225

:dang: appreciate it. The mats look identical to my I4, which I purchased. They are about $90 front and I think
80 rears. It’s kind of interesting to see the similarities and differences between the cars. How’s the back seat ? I think bmw actually kind of shrunk the G gen inside. My F gen felt bigger. Super random.

highly recommend the trunk mat. There are many online bmw places running around 20-30% off sticker on parts. The trunk liners in all my bmws feel flimsy and the second you put something in … fit it “scrapes” then etc.

My i4 got an OTA update that was atrocious to download .. the sequence is… download to phone 15min… then sit in car and upload to car via phone 15 min and then have the car reboot … 10 min. Took almost an hr … and I thought I was getting 8.5 but it was just an update to my maps … which made the map look like 8.5 … which is actually my favorite part of 8.5.

So you still have the tiles and the Home Screen is in the top left corner ?

Also what do you think of the HK system ?

One last thing, what kind of pattern does your bmw project when you open the doors at night? The IX and i4 had very different ones…

I guess one more one more last thing … who the fk is this bmw genius ? I didn’t have anyone call me
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Looks great man!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Sexy beast! Congrats on the new whip. It's going to turn heads!
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

Would fuck!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:07 pm Would fuck!
:dat: Fantastic
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

So excited this is finally here, congrats dude! Looks amazing.

I’m stoked to hear about the ownership experience.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:11 pm :dang: appreciate it. The mats look identical to my I4, which I purchased. They are about $90 front and I think
80 rears. It’s kind of interesting to see the similarities and differences between the cars. How’s the back seat ? I think bmw actually kind of shrunk the G gen inside. My F gen felt bigger. Super random. That’s because I’m pretty sure they are identical. There are no M style rubber mats. Only carpeted and they look like a total waste especially with how expensive they are. Back seat is definitely usable. A :baby: seat will fit just fine

highly recommend the trunk mat. There are many online bmw places running around 20-30% off sticker on parts. The trunk liners in all my bmws feel flimsy and the second you put something in … fit it “scrapes” then etc. It lists for 150 but I can only find it for around 130ish

My i4 got an OTA update that was atrocious to download .. the sequence is… download to phone 15min… then sit in car and upload to car via phone 15 min and then have the car reboot … 10 min. Took almost an hr … and I thought I was getting 8.5 but it was just an update to my maps … which made the map look like 8.5 … which is actually my favorite part of 8.5. I checked my bmw app and it says my car is up to date. Sounds like a pain to update

So you still have the tiles and the Home Screen is in the top left corner ? Yeah. M style tiles

Also what do you think of the HK system ?. Sounds alright but I haven’t messed with any settings yet

One last thing, what kind of pattern does your bmw project when you open the doors at night? The IX and i4 had very different ones… No projection :(

I guess one more one more last thing … who the fk is this bmw genius ? I didn’t have anyone call me. Every diller is supposed to have one. It’s the tech guy cause obviously the people selling the car don’t know how it works.
:like:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Thanks bros! Who would’ve thought that :lemon: GoRf would set off a series of events that lead to this car.

I’ve been against wireless chargers and wireless CarPlay forever. It never made sense to me as the wireless charger will never be able to keep up with the battery suck from wireless CarPlay. On my 35 minute drive home I tried the wireless charger and I will never use it again. My phone was HOT. Throttle house dudes joke about it being just a phone warmer but it was legitimately hot and laggy until it cooled down. Anytime I use CarPlay I’ll always plug the phone in via usb.
max225

You can turn on the projection in the light settings. Might was default off on the I4 but on in the IX. It’s a super useful feature at night. Unless they they take em out on the M cars for some reason due to the side skirts or what not. (They project behind the front wheels)
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:46 am Thanks bros! Who would’ve thought that :lemon: GoRf would set off a series of events that lead to this car.

I’ve been against wireless chargers and wireless CarPlay forever. It never made sense to me as the wireless charger will never be able to keep up with the battery suck from wireless CarPlay. On my 35 minute drive home I tried the wireless charger and I will never use it again. My phone was HOT. Throttle house dudes joke about it being just a phone warmer but it was legitimately hot and laggy until it cooled down. Anytime I use CarPlay I’ll always plug the phone in via usb.
Interesting does your car have cooling holes with a little fan ? It worked really well on the IX actually … but my i4 is poverty spec so it only has the key card reader in that slot. I had 0 issues with wireless car play in either car but I prefer to use the integrated maps to not get annoying phone notifications etc
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:51 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:46 am Thanks bros! Who would’ve thought that :lemon: GoRf would set off a series of events that lead to this car.

Interesting does your car have cooling holes with a little fan ? It worked really well on the IX actually … but my i4 is poverty spec so it only has the key card reader in that slot. I had 0 issues with wireless car play in either car but I prefer to use the integrated maps to not get annoying phone notifications etc
I looked in the exterior lighting settings and didn’t see anything for puddle projectors. There is a plain white led light shining from under the skirt though. I thought the puddle projectors were on the bottom of the door.

I’ll look again for the cooling holes but I don’t think so. My wireless charger is in the center armrest and it has a little tensioner that keeps the phone in its place on its side. It’d be a nice setup if it didn’t set the phone on fire. I thought the wireless charger was in the forward cubby in front of the shifter for previous model years.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:52 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:51 am

I looked in the exterior lighting settings and didn’t see anything for puddle projectors. There is a plain white led light shining from under the skirt though. I thought the puddle projectors were on the bottom of the door.

I’ll look again for the cooling holes but I don’t think so. My wireless charger is in the center armrest and it has a little tensioner that keeps the phone in its place on its side. It’d be a nice setup if it didn’t set the phone on fire. I thought the wireless charger was in the forward cubby in front of the shifter for previous model years.
Interesting. There are door handle lights (I think the i4 door handles may be diff l) and the under body projectors which sounds like you already have running. You can change those around to get the M logo etc
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:22 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:52 pm

Interesting. There are door handle lights (I think the i4 door handles may be diff l) and the under body projectors which sounds like you already have running. You can change those around to get the M logo etc
I double check again. But clips for my poverty sliders or under door projectors?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

:fuckyeah: very happy for your car! Love it. The exterior and black is :notbad: I'm more of a fan of saddle interiors :doe:

Cannot wait to see more of the journey!!
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

nice man
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:57 pm Image
My 330e rental had the same one. Wonder if it's for the phev/EV only
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Sweet car!
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

So more thoughts. I just walked past a green one at the local grocery store. And my man. If the blue has that same depth of color then nice choice. The green looked absolutely incredible.

And the front grille isn’t nearly as bad / noticeable. Since the surrounds are black, and you don’t look at a car from a vantage point 1 ft off the ground. At normal person eye level the buck teeth fade away.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:57 pm Image
Don’t have them. Just poverty lights for me. I’d have to buy the kit + lenses which is around $170ish. :nope:

But those $40 brake clips. :jimp: