DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 2017 Subaru STi / Vapemachine

I'll have to give that a shot! Thanks, dude!
I like rumbles, vape juice and mudflaps :gay:

Need Modz? Hit me up!
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

balius wrote:
Jaxper wrote: I initially read that as quality. I was about to say that you better not be half-repping these presses! in4videosoon
I read it that way too and almost face palmed. Touch your chest with the bar or gtfo.
I just go til upper arms are parallel to the ground. :iono:
:therapist:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Calvinball wrote:
balius wrote: I read it that way too and almost face palmed. Touch your chest with the bar or gtfo.
I just go til upper arms are parallel to the ground. :iono:
:disgust:

:trollface:
lagunasecaballs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: All the E46 M3s

I need to workout tomorrow. I think I have tendonitis or something, so I've been resting for the past couple weeks.
SAWCE

lagunasecaballs wrote:I need to workout tomorrow. I think I have seaverbitchitis or something, so I've been resting for the past couple weeks.
FTFY
lagunasecaballs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

balius wrote:
lagunasecaballs wrote:I need to workout tomorrow. I think I have seaverbitchitis or something, so I've been resting for the past couple weeks.
FTFY
:dat: and also :(
SAWCE

Even though 405 at my bodyweight isn't anything special, puling it for my deadlift has me wanting to do a powerlifting meet. A dude I used to know posted videos of his first meet, and he's bigger (fatter) than me, and can't lift as much as I can, but he somehow took gold in his meet. Seeing that pushed me towards wanting to compete too.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

lagunasecaballs wrote:I need to workout tomorrow. I think I have tendonitis or something, so I've been resting for the past couple weeks.
Tendonitis where?
The panda hath arrived.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

balius wrote:Even though 405 at my bodyweight isn't anything special, puling it for my deadlift has me wanting to do a powerlifting meet. A dude I used to know posted videos of his first meet, and he's bigger (fatter) than me, and can't lift as much as I can, but he somehow took gold in his meet. Seeing that pushed me towards wanting to compete too.
Once my shoulder is 100% healed and I have no issues from my AC joint sprain, I plan to compete. I'm hoping that it'll recover and I'll have enough time to train my bench again for first quarter next year.
The panda hath arrived.
SAWCE

Jaxper wrote:
balius wrote:Even though 405 at my bodyweight isn't anything special, puling it for my deadlift has me wanting to do a powerlifting meet. A dude I used to know posted videos of his first meet, and he's bigger (fatter) than me, and can't lift as much as I can, but he somehow took gold in his meet. Seeing that pushed me towards wanting to compete too.
Once my shoulder is 100% healed and I have no issues from my AC joint sprain, I plan to compete. I'm hoping that it'll recover and I'll have enough time to train my bench again for first quarter next year.
Yeah I'm looking up some meets now, only thing out here that I'm seeing is a big one next July. Something like that is probably a good idea, but I want to do one now lol.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

balius wrote:
Jaxper wrote: Once my shoulder is 100% healed and I have no issues from my AC joint sprain, I plan to compete. I'm hoping that it'll recover and I'll have enough time to train my bench again for first quarter next year.
Yeah I'm looking up some meets now, only thing out here that I'm seeing is a big one next July. Something like that is probably a good idea, but I want to do one now lol.
There are a bunch of different federations, many of which are tested, so I don't know if that puts you in a different class, or DQs you.

Check out RPS, IPF, USAPL, among others.
The panda hath arrived.
SAWCE

Jaxper wrote:
balius wrote: Yeah I'm looking up some meets now, only thing out here that I'm seeing is a big one next July. Something like that is probably a good idea, but I want to do one now lol.
There are a bunch of different federations, many of which are tested, so I don't know if that puts you in a different class, or DQs you.

Check out RPS, IPF, USAPL, among others.
Yeah the one I was looking at for July said that 10% of competitors are tested. If I do decide to compete I would abstain from takin anything between now and then.
lagunasecaballs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Jaxper wrote:
lagunasecaballs wrote:I need to workout tomorrow. I think I have tendonitis or something, so I've been resting for the past couple weeks.
Tendonitis where?
I feel it in my shoulder during certain movements like steering or loading anything 25lbs and over onto the bar. Total self-diagnosis after testing all arm and shoulder exercises: I think it's the tendon that connects my bicep to my shoulder.

It feels fine during deadlifts and I still have a full range of motion in my shoulder with no pain during any shoulder-isolated movements. But if I do anything that involves a curling motion it hurts. I'm blaming on taking zero time to warm up for the past few months. My own damn fault.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

lagunasecaballs wrote:
Jaxper wrote: Tendonitis where?
I feel it in my shoulder during certain movements like steering or loading anything 25lbs and over onto the bar. Total self-diagnosis after testing all arm and shoulder exercises: I think it's the tendon that connects my bicep to my shoulder.

It feels fine during deadlifts and I still have a full range of motion in my shoulder with no pain during any shoulder-isolated movements. But if I do anything that involves a curling motion it hurts. I'm blaming on taking zero time to warm up for the past few months. My own damn fault.
FACE PULLS ARE A GODSEND!
The panda hath arrived.
lagunasecaballs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Jaxper wrote:
lagunasecaballs wrote:

FACE PULLS ARE A GODSEND!
Yeah I was doing them usually 2x a week before. If I have no pain tomorrow I will definitely be doing some. They are probably my favorite shoulder exercise. Esp after a heavy bench day :megusta:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:doit:

Competing is fun; even doe I come in close to last. :lol:

I enjoy pushing myself doe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Calvinball

Is that stuff based on weight classes?
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Calvinball wrote:Is that stuff based on weight classes?
Yessir. They vary from fed to fed, and are in KG, but they ROUGHLY translate to every 20lbs from 140 to 220.
The panda hath arrived.
Calvinball

Jaxper wrote:
Calvinball wrote:Is that stuff based on weight classes?
Yessir. They vary from fed to fed, and are in KG, but they ROUGHLY translate to every 20lbs from 140 to 220.
What kinda numbers are competitive for 160-180 lbers?
SAWCE

Calvinball wrote:
Jaxper wrote: Yessir. They vary from fed to fed, and are in KG, but they ROUGHLY translate to every 20lbs from 140 to 220.
I think you'd do really well with your squat numbers. I don't remember how much you're deadlifting of benching, but a 315 squat for 8 reps is a lot for 180lb weight class.

The dude who I was talking about took gold with a 354lb squat and probably weighs closer to 230
Apex

Calvinball wrote:
Jaxper wrote: Yessir. They vary from fed to fed, and are in KG, but they ROUGHLY translate to every 20lbs from 140 to 220.
Without gear, probably looking at 1200-1400 lb totals.

Calvinball

balius wrote:
Calvinball wrote:
I think you'd do really well with your squat numbers. I don't remember how much you're deadlifting of benching, but a 315 squat for 8 reps is a lot for 180lb weight class.

The dude who I was talking about took gold with a 354lb squat and probably weighs closer to 230
Deadlift I was up to 285, bench 235. I'd probably need to back off a bit and work on form, but I'm just assuming my form needs work as I don't have anyone watching me. Also need to work on deeper reps, I'd guess.

I'm not really considering it, just curious what competitive folks can do at my weight.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

@calvinball, this is the fed - RPS - that my friend (Matt Peters on the first list) competes in:

165 -
SQUAT
385.00lbs Rin Van 10/08/2016
BENCH
330.00lbs Rin Van 10/08/2016
DEADLIFT
515.00lbs Matthew Peters 03/29/2015
TOTAL
1210.00lbs Rin Van 10/08/2016

181 -
SQUAT
550.00lbs Larry Dyles 05/07/2011
BENCH
395.00lbs Larry Dyles 05/07/2011
DEADLIFT
578.71lbs Zach Taylor 10/15/2016
TOTAL
1500.00lbs Larry Dyles 05/07/2011

EDIT: Feel free to post up some videos here, I'd be happy to check out your form. Because they like looking at my ass when I squat, I'm sure @apex and @balius would do the same for you too.
The panda hath arrived.
Apex

Jaxper wrote:@calvinball, this is the fed - RPS - that my friend (Matt Peters on the first list) competes in:

165 -
SQUAT
385.00lbs Rin Van 10/08/2016
BENCH
330.00lbs Rin Van 10/08/2016
DEADLIFT
515.00lbs Matthew Peters 03/29/2015
TOTAL
1210.00lbs Rin Van 10/08/2016

181 -
SQUAT
550.00lbs Larry Dyles 05/07/2011
BENCH
395.00lbs Larry Dyles 05/07/2011
DEADLIFT
578.71lbs Zach Taylor 10/15/2016
TOTAL
1500.00lbs Larry Dyles 05/07/2011

EDIT: Feel free to post up some videos here, I'd be happy to check out your form. Because they like looking at my ass when I squat, I'm sure @apex and @balius would do the same for you too.
:dat:

More than happy to watch :datass: and give any critiques.

lagunasecaballs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

I need to take some form videos. I haven't checked in a long time.