DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:52 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:25 am

I always wonder if chicks are actually physically attracted to the dad bod, or if they just “like” it because it takes pressure off of them to keep a fit figure as well.
I think it's more that, but also we all have our own tastes, plenty of chicks like fit dudes, others don't care.
:word:
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

Childbearing takes quite the toll on the female body. To the point us men will never understand.

I’ve seen my wife deal with that after she gave birth and still dealing with it four years later.

I probably tend to agree with that team lead on the ab thing, but from the standpoint that I’ve seen what constantly working, and not focusing on your health can do to you . For the last five years or so, I’d say I have forego health in the pursuit of growing my career and just working more hours. Having worked in real estate the last eight years, the fatter the Realtor, typically the harder that guy works.

I know because I used to be kind of chubby. I’ve since taken a step back from trying to grow things so quickly, and I’m dedicating 2 to 3 hours every day to focus on my health. This means turning down appointments, clients, and missing out on opportunities. But my goals have kind of changed from just trying to become Uber Rich to having a more balanced life. There’s zero chance at our age you get abs without working out and simply just dieting. Which means it takes time and dedication to want to do that, meaning you’re missing out on other things.

I think my wife is going through that realization right now. She works a ton and her commute. Kind of sucks. So a lot of her days is dedicated to either commuting or sitting at a desk or in meetings. So she’s been making concerted effort to take her workout clothes and work out during her lunch hour. Getting back in shape as a woman after having a baby or two or three has been one of the toughest things.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:58 am Childbearing takes quite the toll on the female body. To the point us men will never understand.

I’ve seen my wife deal with that after she gave birth and still dealing with it four years later.

I probably tend to agree with that team lead on the ab thing, but from the standpoint that I’ve seen what constantly working, and not focusing on your health can do to you . For the last five years or so, I’d say I have forego health in the pursuit of growing my career and just working more hours. Having worked in real estate the last eight years, the fatter the Realtor, typically the harder that guy works.

I know because I used to be kind of chubby. I’ve since taken a step back from trying to grow things so quickly, and I’m dedicating 2 to 3 hours every day to focus on my health. This means turning down appointments, clients, and missing out on opportunities. But my goals have kind of changed from just trying to become Uber Rich to having a more balanced life. There’s zero chance at our age you get abs without working out and simply just dieting. Which means it takes time and dedication to want to do that, meaning you’re missing out on other things.

I think my wife is going through that realization right now. She works a ton and her commute. Kind of sucks. So a lot of her days is dedicated to either commuting or sitting at a desk or in meetings. So she’s been making concerted effort to take her workout clothes and work out during her lunch hour. Getting back in shape as a woman after having a baby or two or three has been one of the toughest things.
That is most definitely not the case in this region. Top producing male realtors are good looking, buff and 80% gay. That's how they sell real estate to other gay dudes.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:02 pm
J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:58 am Childbearing takes quite the toll on the female body. To the point us men will never understand.

That is most definitely not the case in this region. Top producing male realtors are good looking, buff and 80% gay. That's how they sell real estate to other gay dudes.
That’s one market I haven’t been able to corner yet. Gay dudes simply do not trust straight realtors.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:05 pm

That’s one market I haven’t been able to corner yet. Gay dudes simply do not trust straight realtors.
Human nature is to gravitate towards people like ourselves. Many of us try to overcome that, but it's in our genetic makeup, IMO.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I think a lot of this has to do with the culture of the industry more than time management :doe: If your work involves wining/dining people, networking a lot, etc. it is very difficult to not eat/drink a bunch of shit at those types of things, so that plus working a ton of hours won't be good. But I don't think spending 5-10 hours/week working out is making or breaking any sort of career. Abs are like 95% driven by calories in/calories out.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:14 pm I think a lot of this has to do with the culture of the industry more than time management :doe: If your work involves wining/dining people, networking a lot, etc. it is very difficult to not eat/drink a bunch of shit at those types of things, so that plus working a ton of hours won't be good. But I don't think spending 5-10 hours/week working out is making or breaking any sort of career. Abs are like 95% driven by calories in/calories out.
:dat:

If you meal plan you're 80% or more of the way there. Add in 3-5 workouts a week consisting of a mix of strength and conditioning work and voila, abs. It takes planning and discipline, but it isn't exactly "hard".
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:14 pm

I think a lot of this has to do with the culture of the industry more than time management :doe: If your work involves wining/dining people, networking a lot, etc. it is very difficult to not eat/drink a bunch of shit at those types of things, so that plus working a ton of hours won't be good. But I don't think spending 5-10 hours/week working out is making or breaking any sort of career. Abs are like 95% driven by calories in/calories out.
Great point.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

The other 20% of the time they’re crushing mad amounts of puss.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:21 pm

No man. They are not.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:27 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:21 pm

No man. They are not.
Let me make my jokes goddamnit.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

I’m not getting abs by dieting :doe: gotta workout for that to appear….

Also, I tend to agree with you that it doesn’t affect your career if you have a 9-5, but I don’t. I’m running a business, and I can count many times over the last two months where I missed out on opportunities and money making ones at that because I set aside time to workout or work on mental health stuff. And that’s fine, it’s gonna happen, but it just isn’t as easy for me as say Maxx, who knows he is gonna work 40 set hours and be done with no other responsibilities.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:13 pm

No man. They are not.
Plenty of :tits: in Charlotte real estate willing to throw that puss around….. alas, I’m a happily married man!
SAWCE

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:06 pm

Plenty of :tits: in Charlotte real estate willing to throw that puss around….. alas, I’m a happily married man!
:mahman:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

No man. They are not.
I'll allow it.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:46 pm

I'll allow it.
Thank you, Daddy.

80/100
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Also, I tend to agree with you that it doesn’t affect your career if you have a 9-5, but I don’t. I’m running a business, and I can count many times over the last two months where I missed out on opportunities and money making ones at that because I set aside time to workout or work on mental health stuff. And that’s fine, it’s gonna happen, but it just isn’t as easy for me as say Maxx, who knows he is gonna work 40 set hours and be done with no other responsibilities.
I get it. In my role I could certainly make more if I chose to work like 70 hours instead of what I do (I'd say I'm like 45/week while home and 50-60 while on the road).
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:57 pm

I get it. In my role I could certainly make more if I chose to work like 70 hours instead of what I do (I'd say I'm like 45/week while home and 50-60 while on the road).
I can acknowledge that my view point is also coming from a job where you get absolutely nothing for working over your 40hrs/week, so it’s very easy for me to say that fitness doesn’t negatively impact job performance or salary at all.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:00 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:57 pm

I can acknowledge that my view point is also coming from a job where you get absolutely nothing for working over your 40hrs/week, so it’s very easy for me to say that fitness doesn’t negatively impact job performance or salary at all.
Regardless I think it's kind of a bullshit excuse, particularly around abs. You could work out from 6-7 AM three times/week and have great abs if your diet was right. Getting yuge requires a lot more work IMO, as would say, training for an Ironman or ultra marathon.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:35 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:00 pm

Regardless I think it's kind of a bullshit excuse, particularly around abs. You could work out from 6-7 AM three times/week and have great abs if your diet was right. Getting yuge requires a lot more work IMO, as would say, training for an Ironman or ultra marathon.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

It's hard to put in hours when you are busy stuffing your suitcase with ziplocks of cold chicken.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:35 am Regardless I think it's kind of a bullshit excuse, particularly around abs. You could work out from 6-7 AM three times/week and have great abs if your diet was right. Getting yuge requires a lot more work IMO, as would say, training for an Ironman or ultra marathon.

And for anyone with a family, that's going to take far more time than meal prepping and working out a few times a week. Good luck working 70 hours per week unless you completely ignore your spouse and children. Better make enough money to pay a gardener and a nanny, son.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:05 am It's hard to put in hours when you are busy stuffing your suitcase with ziplocks of cold chicken.
That’ll be me this weekend prepping for my trip to DC. Got a gold’s gym 1.6 miles from my hotel at least. I’ll likely hit that on Tuesday, unless we finish meetings early in which case I’ll jet the 10 miles to DMV Iron Gym and back before we do a team dinner at 6:45. Thursday I should be good for getting to DMV Iron regardless of work stuff.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:01 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:05 am It's hard to put in hours when you are busy stuffing your suitcase with ziplocks of cold chicken.
That’ll be me this weekend prepping for my trip to DC. Got a gold’s gym 1.6 miles from my hotel at least. I’ll likely hit that on Tuesday, unless we finish meetings early in which case I’ll jet the 10 miles to DMV Iron Gym and back before we do a team dinner at 6:45. Thursday I should be good for getting to DMV Iron regardless of work stuff.
Bingo.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:13 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:01 pm

Bingo.
DC meal prep is complete. 4 beef meals, 8 chicken shakes (7 frozen so I can bring them in a cooler as my “personal item” on the flight, 1 in the fridge so I can grab and go and drink it on the way to the airport in the morning, and 8 servings of whey all portioned out. Gives me 5 of my 6 daily meals, and then I’ll eat dinner with the team every night.