Cucktrek: Making Money Never Felt So Good

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:42 pm That :ramz: :dill: is epic! Especially if some similar sets are sitting on FBM listed at $1K... limited market in your area and people will probably reach out to every FBM ad lowballing and see how low they can get. I doubt much over $850 is realistic anyway.

:fuckyeah: glad to hear you're loving the car. I've liked 4R since high school, :neat: to see another one on this here 'yota forum.
Yea, I figured I'd be lucky to get $600 for the wheels after they sat on FBM for $1k and I dealt with morans lowballing for months. $850 for zero effort is 5/7.

We do have quite a few Toyota here now, not sure I saw that coming. :mindblown:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Oh nice updates then! The gauges really looked shitty with the monochrome screen so that’s nice they have been upgraded. And it only needed a new radio screen to feel fresher inside.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

In4interiorpics
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:52 pm Oh nice updates then! The gauges really looked shitty with the monochrome screen so that’s nice they have been upgraded. And it only needed a new radio screen to feel fresher inside.
It's not a Tesla, but it doesn't feel ancient IMO. There were a number of updates for the 2020 model year that most people ignored because it's more fun to make fun of the 5 speed transmission than recognize the thing isn't entirely stuck in the past.

LED headlights and Fog lights standard on all that are :impressive: bright

8" infotainment that's...usable and feels modern

New gauge cluster with color screen
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:11 pmIn4interiorpics
Guess I need to take some...
wap

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:56 pm
wap wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:11 pmIn4interiorpics
Guess I need to take some...
:doit:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Inb4 Michele “has always wanted a Landcruiser” and this thing gets dumped in six months.

Seriously though, it is a sweet ride that could go the distance, especially if a second car is added.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:44 am Inb4 Michele “has always wanted a Landcruiser” and this thing gets dumped in six months.

Seriously though, it is a sweet ride that could go the distance, especially if a second car is added.
DEAD :lolgasm:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:44 am Inb4 Michele “has always wanted a Landcruiser” and this thing gets dumped in six months.

:impressive: :popcorn:
ChrisoftheNorth

Money from the Cucktrek hit the account this morning, full amount. :mindblown: :impressive:

I saved the VIN, curious to see what it lists for. Still no idea how they'll make any sort of money...

They had to pay the guy to come do the paperwork

Then pay the tow truck guy to come get the car

The car was pretty dirty inside and out, which was apparently ZFG, so they'll have to clean it inside and out.

And they paid me $34,405 for it.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:41 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:29 am Money from the Cucktrek hit the account this morning, full amount. :mindblown: :impressive:

I saved the VIN, curious to see what it lists for. Still no idea how they'll make any sort of money...

They had to pay the guy to come do the paperwork

Then pay the tow truck guy to come get the car

The car was pretty dirty inside and out, which was apparently ZFG, so they'll have to clean it inside and out.

And they paid me $34,405 for it.
:waxer:

Time for a new :bread: holmes.
Guess so...

:pouroneout: Cucktrek
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Thats fucking :amazing:
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:49 am
[user not found] wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:41 am

:waxer:

Time for a new :bread: holmes.
Guess so...

Getting rid of a lesbo-hatch with a CVT and replacing it with a real body on frame truck 4X4 with a sweet color, bronze ramz, and the biggest aftermarket after Jeep that will last 300K miles with oil changes and fluid film IS NOT "Pouring One Out." It is a most glorious victory that Charlemagne, Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan, Napoleon and George S. Patton all rolled together could only dream about. You're a nice man and a good husband, but you've also put together a 444 whp LS1 in your gay-rage. You know the score.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:47 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:49 am
Guess so...

Getting rid of a lesbo-hatch with a CVT and replacing it with a real body on frame truck 4X4 with a sweet color, bronze ramz, and the biggest aftermarket after Jeep that will last 300K miles with oil changes and fluid film IS NOT "Pouring One Out." It is a most glorious victory that Charlemagne, Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan, Napoleon and George S. Patton all rolled together could only dream about. You're a nice man and a good husband, but you've also put together a 444 whp LS1 in your gay-rage. You know the score.
:amazing: response as always.

The lesbo-hatch was the best car I could have bought at the time, hands down. It enabled the most epic car transactions of my life.

I bought it out of desperation, facing not being employed by choice, I wanted to keep it cheap and efficient. The Cucktrek served that purpose really well.

Drove it for 6 months almost on the dot, put 5,700 miles on it, didn't pay a single dime in maintenance or anything other than the purchase price, and made a $4,500 REAL profit (in the bank). I don't think there's another NEW sub-$30k OTD vehicle I could have done that with.

The best thing is the 4Runner is really what we should have had to begin with, but the Cucktrek was the :unicorn: bridge vehicle to get us there. I paid MSRP for a truck many people are paying a premium for, I picked it up with 3 miles on the odometer (a figure so low, I've never seen before), AND it's the color I want with all the right stuff. It's a fantastic truck that I hope we keep around for a decade. It's so much more fitting for us and what we do, and I'm actually glad to have something that I'm :fuckyeah: to look at and drive. The Cucktrek was never that, it was never supposed to be.

And the wife seems to like it so much that she's not instantly :nope: ing my hints at buying a fun car. Might not be a 444whp C5 again, but a GR Corolla could be :neat: Or maybe something a bit more obscure to tinker with? :iono:

This entire deal is so much winning, I can't even.
ChrisoftheNorth

Oh, and the :dillerman: came by this afternoon to pick up the stock wheels and gave me a check for $850. So my wheel and tire upgrade on the 4R was $1k. :mindblown: :unicorn:

We get more comments on the wheels than I expected. They really set the truck off in Army Green.
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:16 pm Oh, and the :dillerman: came by this afternoon to pick up the stock wheels and gave me a check for $850. So my wheel and tire upgrade on the 4R was $1k. :mindblown: :unicorn:

We get more comments on the wheels than I expected. They really set the truck off in Army Green.
I'm sure I've never seen so much winning in one :dill:
Makes my getting a check from the :dillerman: for $300 to swap my Detroit :rams: for Denvers seem :jalepenis: by comparison.
Way to go :mahman: :like: :like: :like:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:56 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:16 pm Oh, and the :dillerman: came by this afternoon to pick up the stock wheels and gave me a check for $850. So my wheel and tire upgrade on the 4R was $1k. :mindblown: :unicorn:

I'm sure I've never seen so much winning in one :dill:
Makes my getting a check from the :dillerman: for $300 to swap my Detroit :rams: for Denvers seem :jalepenis: by comparison.
Way to go :mahman: :like: :like: :like:
This entire thing was a :unicorn: deal in every measure. I'm stoked.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Just call this :dillerman: and put your name down for the GR 'rolla now
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:15 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:47 pm

:amazing: response as always.

The lesbo-hatch was the best car I could have bought at the time, hands down. It enabled the most epic car transactions of my life.

I bought it out of desperation, facing not being employed by choice, I wanted to keep it cheap and efficient. The Cucktrek served that purpose really well.

Drove it for 6 months almost on the dot, put 5,700 miles on it, didn't pay a single dime in maintenance or anything other than the purchase price, and made a $4,500 REAL profit (in the bank). I don't think there's another NEW sub-$30k OTD vehicle I could have done that with.

The best thing is the 4Runner is really what we should have had to begin with, but the Cucktrek was the :unicorn: bridge vehicle to get us there. I paid MSRP for a truck many people are paying a premium for, I picked it up with 3 miles on the odometer (a figure so low, I've never seen before), AND it's the color I want with all the right stuff. It's a fantastic truck that I hope we keep around for a decade. It's so much more fitting for us and what we do, and I'm actually glad to have something that I'm :fuckyeah: to look at and drive. The Cucktrek was never that, it was never supposed to be.

And the wife seems to like it so much that she's not instantly :nope: ing my hints at buying a fun car. Might not be a 444whp C5 again, but a GR Corolla could be :neat: Or maybe something a bit more obscure to tinker with? :iono:

This entire deal is so much winning, I can't even.
Agreed on all.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Can finally close this thread out. After nearly a month from selling it, the Cucktrek hit Carvana...

www.carvana.com/vehicle/2185458

$34,990 asking price. They paid me $34,405 for it. So $585 difference. They had to pay someone to pick it up, transport it somewhere, then clean the entire thing (it was pretty dirty). AT BEST they break even.

Wild.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:29 am Can finally close this thread out. After nearly a month from selling it, the Cucktrek hit Carvana...

$34,990 asking price. They paid me $34,405 for it. So $585 difference. They had to pay someone to pick it up, transport it somewhere, then clean the entire thing (it was pretty dirty). AT BEST they break even.

Wild.
It’s already underwater as theorized.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:50 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:29 am Can finally close this thread out. After nearly a month from selling it, the Cucktrek hit Carvana...

Wild.
:dat: Zero chance of break even here.

:notsure: :butwhy: they do this...
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:59 am
max225 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:50 am

They are just cornering the market and maybe someone will buy an extended warranty for 5k and finance at 8% and 96 months … so they’ll make their money back that way
wap

max225 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:05 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:59 am

They are just cornering the market and maybe someone will buy an extended warranty for 5k and finance at 8% and 96 months … so they’ll make their money back that way
:dat: is most likely :wat: they're hoping, and most likely :wat: will happen.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

wap wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:30 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:05 pm

:dat: is most likely :wat: they're hoping, and most likely :wat: will happen.
Financing is for sure their end game here.