Turn Signals Optional: Gberg’s M3

Strut your greasy stuff!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:47 pm So more thoughts. I just walked past a green one at the local grocery store. And my man. If the blue has that same depth of color then nice choice. The green looked absolutely incredible.

And the front grille isn’t nearly as bad / noticeable. Since the surrounds are black, and you don’t look at a car from a vantage point 1 ft off the ground. At normal person eye level the buck teeth fade away.
I thought about doing the launch spec of green over orange or tartufo but I’m a blue car guy. Isle of man green is amazing :doe: . I think the blue does have that depth to it too.

I think so too. The only one it would probably stand out on is white. At least these buck teeth are functional unlike the ones on other bmws that are mostly closed off.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Guys. Jerking it to puddle lights is gay af.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:42 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:47 pm So more thoughts. I just walked past a green one at the local grocery store. And my man. If the blue has that same depth of color then nice choice. The green looked absolutely incredible.

And the front grille isn’t nearly as bad / noticeable. Since the surrounds are black, and you don’t look at a car from a vantage point 1 ft off the ground. At normal person eye level the buck teeth fade away.
I thought about doing the launch spec of green over orange or tartufo but I’m a blue car guy. Isle of man green is amazing :doe: . I think the blue does have that depth to it too.

I think so too. The only one it would probably stand out on is white. At least these buck teeth are functional unlike the ones on other bmws that are mostly closed off.
Bingo.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Yes, it's definitely hot in the darker/richer colors like the blues, green, and AARPurple.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:42 pm

:dat: It really slays me on the EVs... but :ohwell:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:51 am Guys. Jerking it to puddle lights is gay af.
:dat:
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

Wow, looks great. Portimao Blue, right?

Was the black interior for mostly resale reasons? I'd be so tempted to go with one of the wild interior colors (the Fjord blue, the ugly teal, orange, or even the superman red.)

Pretty much perfect spec though. Manual M3s will always be sought after. This is the end of the road for them sadly.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

MrH42 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:34 am Wow, looks great. Portimao Blue, right?

Was the black interior for mostly resale reasons? I'd be so tempted to go with one of the wild interior colors (the Fjord blue, the ugly teal, orange, or even the superman red.)

Pretty much perfect spec though. Manual M3s will always be sought after. This is the end of the road for them sadly.
Yeah, it's portimao blue. I kind of wanted tartufo but the wife unit preferred the black. I thought about superman spec with red interior and red calipers but black is the safe choice I think.

Yep, that's one reason I wanted to do it now. With the M boss saying the G87 M2 is the last new car they'll make with a manual and rumors of the base model being dropped for the refresh next year, that means this year might be the last of a manual M3.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:51 am Guys. Jerking it to puddle lights is gay af.
:bs: lights are important.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Car has been dropped at the detailer for ppf and tint. He doesn't have 40% so I've gotta go 35%. :ohwell:
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:05 am Car has been dropped at the detailer for ppf and tint. He doesn't have 40% so I've gotta go 35%. :ohwell:
Godspeed
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:16 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:05 am Car has been dropped at the detailer for ppf and tint. He doesn't have 40% so I've gotta go 35%. :ohwell:
Godspeed
We'll see if I get pulled over again. The :lemon: :gorf: had 35%

Car also hasn't moved yet. It's still sitting outside of the garage. Used the spycams to confirm. :lolol:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:24 am
max225 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:16 am

Godspeed

Car also hasn't moved yet. It's still sitting outside of the garage. Used the spycams to confirm. :lolol:
50/50 chance of they didn’t start the job yet, or they finished and now the car won’t start.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:31 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:24 am

50/50 chance of they didn’t start the job yet, or they finished and now the car won’t start.
I'll tell him not to unplug any tweeters
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Got it back from PPF yesterday. Of course he forgot to do the side markers so he said he’ll do them when I go back in a couple weeks to make sure the film has settled. He didn’t pull the emblems off but the lines are so tight you have to be inches away to see so I don’t think it’ll be a big deal. I got full front, roof, and B-pillars done. He overbooked himself so he didn’t do tint either which means I’ll just go to my usual tint place instead.

Tire rack came on Saturday BUT of course they don’t have the proper adapters to jack the car despite me calling to make sure they do. I bought one from Amazon and have another coming Monday from hamburger motorsports. They’ll be back on Tuesday to mount the apex ramz.

@Griff Did you use those jack pad adapters on the 328? Tire rack dude said they will get damaged using the pucks they normally use which is why I put it off.

The 2 ugly ducklings.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:05 pm Got it back from PPF yesterday. Of course he forgot to do the side markers so he said he’ll do them when I go back in a couple weeks to make sure the film has settled. He didn’t pull the emblems off but the lines are so tight you have to be inches away to see so I don’t think it’ll be a big deal. I got full front, roof, and B-pillars done. He overbooked himself so he didn’t do tint either which means I’ll just go to my usual tint place instead.

Tire rack came on Saturday BUT of course they don’t have the proper adapters to jack the car despite me calling to make sure they do. I bought one from Amazon and have another coming Monday from hamburger motorsports. They’ll be back on Tuesday to mount the apex ramz.

@Griff Did you use those jack pad adapters on the 328? Tire rack dude said they will get damaged using the pucks they normally use which is why I put it off.

The 2 ugly ducklings.

Yep, I did use them, they worked well/easily, just slightly tedious to hold them on while raising the jack, be careful not to smash your fingers. I think I got some Amazon cheapos.

Better they waited than damaging the new ride :notbad:

If a shop ever breaks the actual jack point they are like $25 and replaceable as well so not the end of the world.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

That color is so good
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:29 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:05 pm Got it back from PPF yesterday. Of course he forgot to do the side markers so he said he’ll do them when I go back in a couple weeks to make sure the film has settled. He didn’t pull the emblems off but the lines are so tight you have to be inches away to see so I don’t think it’ll be a big deal. I got full front, roof, and B-pillars done. He overbooked himself so he didn’t do tint either which means I’ll just go to my usual tint place instead.

The 2 ugly ducklings.

Yep, I did use them, they worked well/easily, just slightly tedious to hold them on while raising the jack, be careful not to smash your fingers. I think I got some Amazon cheapos.

If a shop ever breaks the actual jack point they are like $25 and replaceable as well so not the end of the world.
:word: Tire rack guy said he’s seen plenty of them damaged on BMW’s but I’d hope the diller would use those points.

This one just got here today. It slides forward and backward inside the adapter but I think it’ll still work. I ordered wheel hangers from burger last week and threw the puck in as well but when tire rack does the install, they use 2 jacks on one side of the car to do both wheels at once. I’ll just have an extra puck for wheel changes.

https://a.co/d/j9UpOUK
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:02 pm
D Griff wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:29 pm

:word: Tire rack guy said he’s seen plenty of them damaged on BMW’s but I’d hope the diller would use those points.

This one just got here today. It slides forward and backward inside the adapter but I think it’ll still work. I ordered wheel hangers from burger last week and threw the puck in as well but when tire rack does the install, they use 2 jacks on one side of the car to do both wheels at once. I’ll just have an extra puck for wheel changes.

https://a.co/d/j9UpOUK
I think mine slid back and forth as well, NBD. You’d definitely want at least two anyway so you can go on jack stands or whatever. I think I have/had four, may have given them to Jeremy when he bought my car.
max225

The 2 ugly ducklings.

So let me get this straight... The epic dude.
1. Didn't do your tint
2. Didn't pull emblems ?
3. Didn't do the side markers?

:wtf: is up with that ?

BTW car looks great.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:50 pm

The 2 ugly ducklings.

So let me get this straight... The epic dude.
1. Didn't do your tint
2. Didn't pull emblems ?
3. Didn't do the side markers?

:wtf: is up with that ?

BTW car looks great.
:lol: Yep. Needless to say, I wasn't too happy. He said he overbooked as it's just himself and a part time guy. His initial estimate was to keep the car from wednesday to friday but based on what the mybmw app was telling me, he didn't start working on it until Thursday. He did send me a text on wednesday asking if he could keep the car over the weekend to get to everything but I couldn't do that as I thought tire rack was putting my wheels on. Skipping tint would get me the car back before the weekend so I just went with that. But as far as the sidemarkers go, I even sent him a reminder text about them on thursday. Don't know why he skipped them. I'm not being charged for the B-pillars though so I got that going for me.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

And my second adapter wasn’t delivered today despite being out for delivery at 8am. Good stuff.

Tire rack guy will just have to do them one at a time.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

The blue is hot.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:53 am The blue is hot.
:dat:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Ramz installed. The extra adapter came as the dude was putting the tires on the ramz.