DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote:Arabzona :lolol:
:zing:

I added that in in hopes of some desertbreh approval.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote:
SAWCE wrote:Arms last night was fun.. Started with dumbbell curls, then hit the preacher machine, then finally used the arm blaster. This is only the second gym I've ever seen one at. Felt pretty cool, I'll probably start incorporating it. Finished biceps off with a hammer curl drop set.

Triceps I started with cable extensions with the rope attachment, then hit single arm overhead dumbbell extensions, overhand cable extensions, then finished off with a machine dip drop set.

Thinking I'll have today be just a shoulder day.. See how my triceps feel trying to press like that.
:notbad:

Hopefully your tris aren't beat from yesterday for OHP.

I'd be curious to compare doing arms days versus not and if it makes a difference in size. I used to roll with arms day/chest and back day/leg day, now I typically do one or two sets of arms at every workout, rotating between bis and tris.

Basically, bis get hit on squat and DL day, tris on bench and OHP day. I think my arms are as big as they were when I used to do arm days.
Yeah I haven't had a dedicated arms day in a while. I do one thing for biceps after my heavy back day, one thing for triceps after heavy chest/shoulder day, and then I hit bis and tris together after my hypertrophy chest day.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

HIIT class last night was brutal. the teacher bunred 700 calories. He has the super accuarate chest band HR monitor. I dont think i was an intense as he was, but when my band was working and we could compare to his they were always pretty close.

taking today off, going to hit gm for weights after a short workday tomorrow since there are no classes at the Y wednesday.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote:HIIT class last night was brutal. the teacher bunred 700 calories. He has the super accuarate chest band HR monitor. I dont think i was an intense as he was, but when my band was working and we could compare to his they were always pretty close.

taking today off, going to hit gm for weights after a short workday tomorrow since there are no classes at the Y wednesday.
What all do you hit in the HIIT (hue) class? Is it like a full body workout every time?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:HIIT class last night was brutal. the teacher bunred 700 calories. He has the super accuarate chest band HR monitor. I dont think i was an intense as he was, but when my band was working and we could compare to his they were always pretty close.

What all do you hit in the HIIT (hue) class? Is it like a full body workout every time?
more or less, but one day will tend to be more legs while another will be more upper body.

we do lots of squats, kettle bell moves, and push ups and variations of them, generally speaking. Yesterday was about even from upper to lower body :doe: , probably due to no class wednesday.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
SAWCE wrote:
more or less, but one day will tend to be more legs while another will be more upper body.

we do lots of squats, kettle bell moves, and push ups and variations of them, generally speaking. Yesterday was about even from upper to lower body :doe: , probably due to no class wednesday.
Nice. Yeah I'd want one to be upper body focused and one to be lower body focused so I could plan my normal weight lifting around that.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:

Nice. Yeah I'd want one to be upper body focused and one to be lower body focused so I could plan my normal weight lifting around that.
YES. when I was being super good about gym for about 6 months there, sunday was an offday, so monday one or the other would get KILT, then I'd focus weight training on the opposite group the next day, hit that group again the following day, and train weights on what we got in HIIT on thursday OR do a more well rounded workout friday. Saturday class is a mixed bag so i try not to worry about it.

I'm not going to be to critical about my gym / eating / drinking the rest of they year as long as i go at least twice a week and not be stupid, IE i want to maintain weight.

But after the holidays its on, eating right, weighing food, no booze for a month. I need to drop this 50 lbs.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
SAWCE wrote:
YES. when I was being super good about gym for about 6 months there, sunday was an offday, so monday one or the other would get KILT, then I'd focus weight training on the opposite group the next day, hit that group again the following day, and train weights on what we got in HIIT on thursday OR do a more well rounded workout friday. Saturday class is a mixed bag so i try not to worry about it.

I'm not going to be to critical about my gym / eating / drinking the rest of they year as long as i go at least twice a week and not be stupid, IE i want to maintain weight.

But after the holidays its on, eating right, weighing food, no booze for a month. I need to drop this 50 lbs.
It'll be interesting to see what happens with your weight as you get off text. Hopefully your doctor is able to get your natty production up with Clomid, Nolva, HCG, etc.. and you don't just have chronically low test for the entire time you're trying to have a baby. Low test = less massles and more fat storage.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:

It'll be interesting to see what happens with your weight as you get off text. Hopefully your doctor is able to get your natty production up with Clomid, Nolva, HCG, etc.. and you don't just have chronically low test for the entire time you're trying to have a baby. Low test = less massles and more fat storage.
i know :(
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Do I lift? No, no I don't

*sees himself out*
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Hopefully all goes well and I can get into some mountain biking for cardio and keep on the gainz train for lifting.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

I lifted a whole house over the past few days and deposited it here and there.

Sent from the beer depository
:therapist:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Calvinball wrote:I lifted a whole house over the past few days and deposited it here and there.

weak shit, i did that 4 times this year. catch up slacker
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Calvinball wrote:I lifted a whole house over the past few days and deposited it here and there.

:popcorn:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Big Brain Bradley wrote:

:dat:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

I haven't lifted since before my vacation when I wrapped up my program. With vacation ending yesterday, dealing with jetlag, and Thanksgiving later this week to throw off any schedule, I'll likely target weak points and then start another bout of J&T2 next week!
The panda hath arrived.
SAWCE

Jaxper wrote:I haven't lifted since before my vacation when I wrapped up my program. With vacation ending yesterday, dealing with jetlag, and Thanksgiving later this week to throw off any schedule, I'll likely target weak points and then start another bout of J&T2 next week!
Still doing your 22 push-ups a day?
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

SAWCE wrote:
Jaxper wrote:I haven't lifted since before my vacation when I wrapped up my program. With vacation ending yesterday, dealing with jetlag, and Thanksgiving later this week to throw off any schedule, I'll likely target weak points and then start another bout of J&T2 next week!
Still doing your 22 push-ups a day?
I've been slacking due to traveling back from Hawaii. I need to catch up on a few days.
The panda hath arrived.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I finished week three of a 531 cycle today. I'm in a similar boat with this cross country trip for a week, then Costa Rica for a week.

I'm going to just try to pop in when I can and hit some 5x5 on the big lifts if possible and then start another 531 cycle after all of this shit.
Apex

Hit squats at 265 for 3 sets of 10 tonight. Fucking tonnage. Might be time to slow down on the cardio with these squats and start moving some weight again. :megusta: Either way this was probably my last night of 10's.
Calvinball

Big Brain Bradley wrote:

No thanks!

Calvinball

Gonna get back in the gym today :fuckyeah:
Desertbreh

D Griff wrote:
SAWCE wrote:Arabzona :lolol:
:zing:

I added that in in hopes of some desertbreh approval.
You got it. New Chamber of Commerce Slogan from Williamsburg: "It's always a Pectacular Day in Arabzona!"

Just back from a week of treating my body like a trust funder college student in New Oleans. Dead lifts yesterday, OHP today. 205 X 8 DL, 100 X 5. My body is more than a little pissed off at me after a week of bourbon drinks and Johnny P dinners.
I won't disclose the final tally on the AMEX but it's hotter than Uranium 238.

Staring at a mountain of complex work. Reality sucks.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

I had gainz this weekend, but no the good kind.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

Big Brain Bradley wrote:I had gainz this weekend, but no the good kind.
Mass moves mass.