:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:13 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:11 pm

Yeah when she first offered it to me in like October(?) she had said they were looking for 10k.

She randomly texted me last night to say they were looking at some vehicles in Utah and wanted to see if I had any interest in it before they pulled a trigger. When I saw it this morning I told her about the vehicles I’ve been casually browsing and that right now my max budget is $6k but I’m looking more in the $4-5k range just for something to get me to the gym and back with more flexibility and she said they could probably do that, but she’d talk to BIL and see what kind of trade in offer he gets today.
Curious what they get also... it is "tax season" and used car inventories are relatively low still unlike new car... so I'd be curious what the :dillerman: does.
Same.. it sounds like they’re primarily looking for a minivan at this point as she said that they want whatever they get to have captains chairs for that second row to make it easier with two car seats.
SAWCE

Hmmm.. she just asked me about $7500. Might be a little high. I don’t know what trim it is. If it’s the Prestige, maybe. Waiting on her to check with him and confirm.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Broham... FUCK THE TRIM. What is the MAINTENANCE HISTORY?
max225

Both of these packages are included as standard equipment on the Premium Plus trim. With Premium Plus, you also get 18-inch wheels, auto-dimming and heated mirrors, heated front seats, driver memory functions, tri-zone automatic climate control and split-folding rear seats. To that you can add the MMI Navigation package, which includes front and rear parking sensors, Audi's console-mounted MMI infotainment interface, a navigation system, a rearview camera, HD radio and Audi Connect (enhanced Web-based navigation, information and WiFi access).

The Prestige trim includes the MMI Navigation package and tacks on adaptive xenon headlights, keyless ignition/entry, a blind-spot warning system and a premium 14-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system. Optional on both the Prestige and Premium Plus trims is a Sport package that includes a lowered sport-tuned suspension, front sport seats and a three-spoke steering wheel (with shift paddles for automatic transmissions). Other stand-alone options include 18-inch wheels with performance tires and rear side airbags.

I don't think I see the BANG System in the pics...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:04 pm Both of these packages are included as standard equipment on the Premium Plus trim. With Premium Plus, you also get 18-inch wheels, auto-dimming and heated mirrors, heated front seats, driver memory functions, tri-zone automatic climate control and split-folding rear seats. To that you can add the MMI Navigation package, which includes front and rear parking sensors, Audi's console-mounted MMI infotainment interface, a navigation system, a rearview camera, HD radio and Audi Connect (enhanced Web-based navigation, information and WiFi access).

The Prestige trim includes the MMI Navigation package and tacks on adaptive xenon headlights, keyless ignition/entry, a blind-spot warning system and a premium 14-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system. Optional on both the Prestige and Premium Plus trims is a Sport package that includes a lowered sport-tuned suspension, front sport seats and a three-spoke steering wheel (with shift paddles for automatic transmissions). Other stand-alone options include 18-inch wheels with performance tires and rear side airbags.

I don't think I see the BANG System in the pics...
Wait, were these made with a :manuel: ? That would be a neat pickup.

:iono: if trade in is $4300 seems kinda high. Also seems like a good bit of car for the money if it’s decently reliable.
SAWCE

Probably gonna pass. Finally talked to BIL vs sister. Oil consumption is worse than it used to be and his mechanic friend thinks there’s something else going on besides the normal “these things sip oil”.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:22 pm Probably gonna pass. Finally talked to BIL vs sister. Oil consumption is worse than it used to be and his mechanic friend thinks there’s something else going on besides the normal “these things sip oil”.
Yea … someone didn’t change the oil and the oil control rings are gunked the fuck up… that’s how they all go, if you maintain them like shit.

My stepmoms Q popped a turbo by 120k miles also
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:22 pm Probably gonna pass. Finally talked to BIL vs sister. Oil consumption is worse than it used to be and his mechanic friend thinks there’s something else going on besides the normal “these things sip oil”.
Major pass.

Oil consumption in these is a known issue. There's a TSB fix for replacing the crankcase breather and updating engine software, but it seems to be hit or miss. A LOT of these have needed new pistons and rings.
SAWCE

coogles wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:56 am
Major pass.

Oil consumption in these is a known issue. There's a TSB fix for replacing the crankcase breather and updating engine software, but it seems to be hit or miss. A LOT of these have needed new pistons and rings.
Yep. If I were closer to them and could take it to a shop to get diagnosed first and knew it didn’t need new pistons/rings I’d consider pulling the trigger. But for now it’s too big of a risk for me.

I’m taking that money and hiring a new bodybuilding coach instead :lol: time to get massive.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

:mahman:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:48 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:43 pm Ran KBB... $6400 private party 4300 trade in... i'd say that's fair.
Yep! That’s what we talked about. I’d happily pay $5k for this.
Yes. You're going to drop another 1K for tires immediately, and then plan on another $3-4K to get it sorted, fluids of every stripe and then the inevitable things they didn't really notice/forgot to mention. The scratch/mar looks buffable. There are a lot of boogers and dead skin in there.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Sorry didn't see the hard pass. Not too surprising. Why do people hate their cars?
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:41 pm Sorry didn't see the hard pass. Not too surprising. Why do people hate their cars?
You know the answer.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:04 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:41 pm Sorry didn't see the hard pass. Not too surprising. Why do people hate their cars?
You know the answer.
We are the 1%
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Im going to put kirkland non LL-01 oil in the BMW.

:popcorn:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:16 pm

SuperTech next baby!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Whenever I see a greasy, shiny, steering wheel I assume the car has been neglected.

I get full :triggered: seeing it
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:58 pm
Whenever I see a greasy, shiny, steering wheel I assume the car has been neglected.

#metoo.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:33 pm

SuperTech next baby!
bob's oil guy forms like it, suspect its just repackaged Rotella T. Im sure it will be fine at 5k intervals and 7 liters capacity.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:58 pm

Curbed rims, yellowing headlights, once chrome exhaust tips covered with the soot of 1000 coal mines, paint swirled by 1000 nylon bristles, lifetime fill fluid changes, boogers, dead skin, yellowing french fries under seats. All evidence of turning simple ownership of a chattel into Nuremberg level crimes against humanity.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:44 pm

SuperTech next baby!
bob's oil guy forms like it, suspect its just repackaged Rotella T. Im sure it will be fine at 5k intervals and 7 liters capacity.
Yeah the Kirkland oil suspiciously got really good reviews from multiple “sources”.

It’ll be fine for sure. But given the price point I’m a bit :suspicious: that it’s as good as some others
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:18 pm

Yeah the Kirkland oil suspiciously got really good reviews from multiple “sources”.

It’ll be fine for sure. But given the price point I’m a bit :suspicious: that it’s as good as some others
If it's outsourced like their 17 year old sherry cask scotch, everything is going to be muy bueno.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

SuperTech next baby!
same thing yo. Its good nuff.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:25 pm

If it's outsourced like their 17 year old sherry cask scotch, everything is going to be muy bueno.
:mahtroy:

:yesth:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I used it in my genny and truck. Truck gets the ford syn blend or the costco syn every 5-6k. 3 years isnt a massive data point like a 10 year crown vic doe.