IX-Lemon Life.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:05 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:00 pm Where did the TSX go?!
Gifted to in laws
:nice:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

🤣 :plac: masochist
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tar wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:14 pm 🤣 :plac: masochist
I dunno… how is trying to lemon law a brand new 6 figure car masochism … considering the situation ?

What if something else breaks ? Shit out of service again for 30+ days?
max225

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:04 pm Just got another update ….
Module is coming in 9/10-13. It is officially a lemon.
A fucking mazing
Bumping this for those too lazy to page back.
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:21 pm
I dunno… how is trying to lemon law a brand new 6 figure car masochism … considering the situation ?

Gently used cars are good value for money because people like you exist
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I’d be doing the same thing if I was in your shoes.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:05 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:00 pm Where did the TSX go?!
Gifted to in laws
Just like with :tits: fiesta
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:24 pm

What does people like you exist even mean?!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I'm just quoting MH, not my personal opinion or anything. It's definitely a strong statement. I'd be more then happy to do the same if confronted with the same conditions.
max225

If anyone has experience with lemon law please chime in. The likely hood seems to have jumped the threshold of a mere possibility
Last edited by max225 on Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:54 pm If anyone has experience with lemon law please chime in. The likely hood seems to have jumped the threshold of possibility
You do one of two things:

1: Have a lawyer take care of it for you.
2: Wait until day 31, call BMW and tell them you want the car bought back and work directly with them.

option 2.5: if you actually like the car, negotiate a significant cash settlement to keep the car. If you go this route, if you ever do lemon it later, you will likely have this settlement credited from the total payment to buy it back.

As a service advisor with experience on the dealer end... 20-30 days to get a control unit right now is totally normal, especially with these new electric/hybrid platforms.
max225

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:47 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:54 pm If anyone has experience with lemon law please chime in. The likely hood seems to have jumped the threshold of possibility

2: Wait until day 31, call BMW and tell them you want the car bought back and work directly with them.

option 2.5: if you actually like the car, negotiate a significant cash settlement to keep the car. If you go this route, if you ever do lemon it later, you will likely have this settlement credited from the total payment to buy it back.

As a service advisor with experience on the dealer end... 20-30 days to get a control unit right now is totally normal, especially with these new electric/hybrid platforms.
Yea since this is the wife’s car … she is pretty much annoyed to no end and doesn’t care for it at the moment. She will also be incapacitated for 3 months… makes sense to explore option 2.

The experience with the CC team has been fairly bad considering they are an IX specific team and Shaniqua (not even kidding) was kind of a bitch already.

We also made the mistake of servicing at a dealer where we didn’t buy the car … so they have 0 incentive to maintain a customer relationship. We’re in between 3 parties, none of which care for any sort of outcome that is favorable to us.

Many lessons learned as always when it comes to this.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:45 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:47 pm

Yea since this is the wife’s car … she is pretty much annoyed to no end and doesn’t care for it at the moment. She will also be incapacitated for 3 months… makes sense to explore option 2.

The experience with the CC team has been fairly bad considering they are an IX specific team and Shaniqua (not even kidding) was kind of a bitch already.

We also made the mistake of servicing at a dealer where we didn’t buy the car … so they have 0 incentive to maintain a customer relationship. We’re in between 3 parties, none of which care for any sort of outcome that is favorable to us.

Many lessons learned as always when it comes to this.
Not ideal.

The people you really need to talk to won't be available to talk to until you hit their criteria. Until then you're dealing with low level employees whose job it is to get bitched at by unhappy people and basically act as a buffer until you go away. Shaniqua doesn't have the power to deliver what you're asking for. On day 31 when you're eligible to start asking for it to be bought back for real, this will change.

There is still the chance someone shits out a control unit and it shows up on day 25 and the car is fixed. I have had that happen several times.

Dealer won't give a fuck because they've made no money selling you the car and get stuck fixing it and dealing with an unhappy owner. I've been in this situation several times. The shittier you are with me, the shittier I will be with you... even though the badge is on my business card, we didn't sell you this hunk of shit but we're the franchise dealing with the crap.
We'll get fucked when we don't get fully reimbursed for the loaner you're in, the whole ticket will be audited by the manufacturer and they'll find one little thing we didn't do properly during the initial inspection, and we'll end up getting debited a bunch of labor time at the end of the year. For a car we didn't sell, we'll get stuck with the lemon claim.

Selling dealer won't help because they've got your money and the problem is somewhere else. They're :aintcare: and don't need to get involved.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:mindblown:

This makes me happy to own two pretty new cars with ancient tech from the 00s.
golftdibrad1

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:44 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:24 pm

What does people like you exist even mean?!
you deal with the pain of getting all the minor factory shit and recalls delt with
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

It's one problem, that has occurred once. You're trying to lemon law it because the dealership is slow to resolve and you want to :plac:. Did you tell them you intend to lemon law it if they don't resolve it in 30 days? I doubt they're even thinking that unless you explicitly told them, because you're using a loaner that's the same exact vehicle almost.

If something else breaks, and is in service again for 30+ days, you could lemon law it then :iono:

This all very much reads like you're acting in bad faith because you don't want the vehicle anymore and this is free way out.
max225

MrH42 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:24 pm

It's one problem, that has occurred once. You're trying to lemon law it because the dealership is slow to resolve and you want to :plac:. Did you tell them you intend to lemon law it if they don't resolve it in 30 days? I doubt they're even thinking that unless you explicitly told them, because you're using a loaner that's the same exact vehicle almost.

If something else breaks, and is in service again for 30+ days, you could lemon law it then :iono:

This all very much reads like you're acting in bad faith because you don't want the vehicle anymore and this is free way out.
The only people that know about the “lemon” sitch are here. I have been as nice as can be with the dealer. Just requested a loaner + requested weekly updates on the repair. That’s it.

I’m not going to go bark up a tree until I have a case. I don’t have a case until 9/10.

What I also don’t have is a car that was purchased/leased for a large sum of money on 7/31.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:29 pm
MrH42 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:24 pm

The only people that know about the “lemon” sitch are here. I have been as nice as can be with the dealer. Just requested a loaner + requested weekly updates on the repair. That’s it.

I’m not going to go bark up a tree until I have a case. I don’t have a case until 9/10.

What I also don’t have is a car that was purchased/leased for a large sum of money on 7/31.
That's exactly the problem. The dealer feels they're compensating you fairly by putting you in nearly the exact same car as a loaner. It would be one thing if they put you in a base 3-series, but they put you in nearly the identical vehicle, and you're putting miles on that instead of your car :iono:

Putting on a smiling face and not indicating you're dissatisfied, only to slap them with a lemon law right at day 30 is really two-faced. The outcome you're hoping for is you get every dollar back, not that you have a working car.
max225

MrH42 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:16 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:29 pm

That's exactly the problem. The dealer feels they're compensating you fairly by putting you in nearly the exact same car as a loaner. It would be one thing if they put you in a base 3-series, but they put you in nearly the identical vehicle, and you're putting miles on that instead of your car :iono:

Putting on a smiling face and not indicating you're dissatisfied, only to slap them with a lemon law right at day 30 is really two-faced. The outcome you're hoping for is you get every dollar back, not that you have a working car.
:gtfo: Two faced? It is what it is. For the first 3 days there was no loaner, then they tried to put me into an X1. It goes without saying that a car in service for 30 days is not ok.
If they can't fix the car they should be compensated by BMW. Not my problem if they aren't.
golftdibrad1

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:20 pm
MrH42 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:16 pm

:gtfo: Two faced? It is what it is. For the first 3 days there was no loaner, then they tried to put me into an X1. It goes without saying that a car in service for 30 days is not ok.
If they can't fix the car they should be compensated by BMW. Not my problem if they aren't.
Agree, Max is not out of line here. He should at least get a free payment if it takes over 30 days.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:40 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:20 pm

Agree, Max is not out of line here. He should at least get a free payment if it takes over 30 days.
He's already getting that
max225 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:01 pm They are submitting with bmfs to cancel one payment…. Which seems fair. Hopefully this doesn’t disqualify me from future lemon law issues etc.
max225

MrH42 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:47 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:40 pm

max225 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:01 pm They are submitting with bmfs to cancel one payment…. Which seems fair. Hopefully this doesn’t disqualify me from future lemon law issues etc.
I haven’t gotten shit from anyone other than a loaner car that is inferior to mine as far as age and the spec I actually paid for.

So while it is nice that I’m getting a comparable car and I’m grateful it happened.

I have also partaken in an abysmal customer experience here with multiple hard resets of the car to see if it would remedy the problem, multiple dealer visits (to drop off car and pick up loaner).

And multiple interactions with the staff on securing loaner which was first not offered period, then attempts to get us into another car because we’ve had it too long etc.

Calls to bmwFS who points to the dealer who points us to bmw. And original dealer who told us to kick rocks.

This is shit. I don’t agree with putting this back on me. And calling me two faced. That’s just a low blow man
max225

Compare and contrast that to I4. 1700 miles and 0 issues and I still love that car.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Hm. I’d dump the pile of shit if it was me. You buy a new car so you don’t deal with this. I see nothing wrong with Max’s approach here. Dealer / BMW knows the risk of a lemon law coming at them if it’s not finished within 30 days.

If BMW doesn’t have the spare parts available to keep a brand new $100k car running… then that’s their problem to figure out.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:53 pm
MrH42 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:47 pm

I haven’t gotten shit from anyone other than a loaner car that is inferior to mine as far as age and the spec I actually paid for.

So while it is nice that I’m getting a comparable car and I’m grateful it happened.

I have also partaken in an abysmal customer experience here with multiple hard resets of the car to see if it would remedy the problem, multiple dealer visits (to drop off car and pick up loaner).

And multiple interactions with the staff on securing loaner which was first not offered period, then attempts to get us into another car because we’ve had it too long etc.

Calls to bmwFS who points to the dealer who points us to bmw. And original dealer who told us to kick rocks.

This is shit. I don’t agree with putting this back on me. And calling me two faced. That’s just a low blow man

You already told us you don't need the car and don't want it anymore. You're purposely staying quiet in hopes the dealer slips past the lemon law period. I think that's pretty unethical to at least not let the dealer know you're unhappy with the rate it's going and you expect it to be resolved within the 30 days. You're keeping them in the dark on purpose so you can :plac: away with costing you a dime. It is what it is :iono: