OT 20: rotisserie roller coaster

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:16 pm Damn, the world is :fullretard: right now.
The world is always :fullretard:
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

wap wrote:Damn, the world is :fullretard: right now.
I’ve been going :fullretard: in the grundle factory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

datgrundle wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:24 pm

Yasssss :megusta:

DFD salutes you.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:16 pm I'd be weary of a heavy capital outlay on house shit... especially in areas that used to be "cheap" at moonshot prices. Unless you have a plan to stay there for at least 5+ years. Then it makes sense to enjoy it all.
:dat: 100%
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:28 pm
It's the only thing we can count on these days.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

datgrundle wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:24 pm

You have a gift.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Detroit wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:41 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:55 am Its freaking beautiful outside this morning, headed to my 6:30 am shift (working doube today due to req. time off to make up those hours), it was a nice vibe with the sunroof back at 6 am.
:jelly:

We got a surprise snowstorm. Yay?
Our day also did end with a tornado warning. Usually when we get them, we don't experience it as much. I didn't witness any of the damages on the way home, but it did ruin a gas station local to me
https://www.nbcwashington.com/weather/w ... FB_DCBrand
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tar wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:29 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:43 am and to boss man Griff's point, sure would be fun to talk about something besides how fucked everything is.

My hot water tank started leaking at the house...shit not that.

The miata needs and engine and I have to change it in the driveway...shit not that either...

A small ded tree waits for me to deal with this afternoon while the plumber.... shit im bad at this

I have a ton of good beers to drink this weekend, a colab batch to make at a local brewery, and lots of meat to put on the smoker for friends night Saturday!

Beers: My new coolercuember: all grain edition. Some that I bought.

Meat: smoking a brisket and a pork butt while the smoker is going.

More beer: A local place does a colab with the brew club where they brew on their system and everyone takes home the wort to do with what we please, then we take the beer back to the brewer in a month for an event where the public gets to tryem out. Should be fun!

So i have a pretty full weekend ahead of me. might try to sneak off up the hill to the dragon saturday too, been so busy combined with general winter I have not made a run since January.
Yeah man, Dan and I both agree that we're PTSD about the insanity of the last two years. It's been such a shit-show, and I blame bad intentions, but going down that wormhole causes hard feelings. I'm also not even sure how much I can say lately, so I :stfu: and keep my opinions private. I'm always down for a side convo, and value your take on things.

On your point about the hot water heater, I'm currently renting one for about $30/month... Was going to replace it and have done that for $1400 at my last place. The ROI through rental savings is about 4 yrs, so I should really consider doing that soon. If I did it right when we moved in I'd be one year of payments away from having it paid for by now. I don't know current pricing, did pandemic shortages bump the price significantly? :iono: It's got to be one of the least exciting purchases on anyone's list :doe:
I'm not at all looking to shut anyone's convos down here, nothing from y'all has been offensive, rude, or in any other way negative in my book. Just throwing out my opinion that I'm kinda meh on all of the talk about house prices, gas prices, inflation, etc. Not just here but everywhere in life. I feel like I'm surrounded by a bunch of rich people circle jerking about how fucked and poor they are constantly, it's all a bit :notsure: to me.

Brad's Beer Chronicles for the weekend on the other hand, sound 5/7.

I am going to a brewery tomorrow for a little celebration with some friends, looking forward to that. :notsure: what else I'll do this weekend, :tits: is in Scottsdale on a bachelorette party. I am currently stuck at FLL airport with a delayed flight. I don't really mind as I have work t catch up on from the week, just as long as I land in time to pick up the :doge: from daycare at 7.

I think I'll rebleed the Beemah brakes tomorrow morning as it felt a little soft still, maybe take the dog on a hike or something. Maybe some disc golf. The world is my oyster.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:28 pm
:dat:

I suspect maybe instead of the economic downturn we've all been wondering about for years, the flip side is having money but goods/services very scarce relative to what we're all used to in North America. Every time/generation will have it's challenges, we as humans are required to innovate to make things work with the hands we are dealt.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:26 pm

Yeah man, Dan and I both agree that we're PTSD about the insanity of the last two years. It's been such a shit-show, and I blame bad intentions, but going down that wormhole causes hard feelings. I'm also not even sure how much I can say lately, so I :stfu: and keep my opinions private. I'm always down for a side convo, and value your take on things.

On your point about the hot water heater, I'm currently renting one for about $30/month... Was going to replace it and have done that for $1400 at my last place. The ROI through rental savings is about 4 yrs, so I should really consider doing that soon. If I did it right when we moved in I'd be one year of payments away from having it paid for by now. I don't know current pricing, did pandemic shortages bump the price significantly? :iono: It's got to be one of the least exciting purchases on anyone's list :doe:
I'm not at all looking to shut anyone's convos down here, nothing from y'all has been offensive, rude, or in any other way negative in my book. Just throwing out my opinion that I'm kinda meh on all of the talk about house prices, gas prices, inflation, etc. Not just here but everywhere in life. I feel like I'm surrounded by a bunch of rich people circle jerking about how fucked and poor they are constantly, it's all a bit :notsure: to me.

I am going to a brewery tomorrow for a little celebration with some friends, looking forward to that. :notsure: what else I'll do this weekend, :tits: is in Scottsdale on a bachelorette party. I am currently stuck at FLL airport with a delayed flight. I don't really mind as I have work t catch up on from the week, just as long as I land in time to pick up the :doge: from daycare at 7.

I think I'll rebleed the Beemah brakes tomorrow morning as it felt a little soft still, maybe take the dog on a hike or something. Maybe some disc golf. The world is my oyster.
Not worried about you broseph, I'm not posting my opinions on any social media outlets, period. You're a Rockstar when it comes to handling yourself as a forum admin.. keep doing what you do and thank you.

I only mentioned house shit cause Chris and I were debating stocks and investments in general. He's currently considering buying a place in Arizona, so we discussed. It's not going to make everyone feel great, but I'm about 98% done with GAF about people's feelings, we all have our own battle scars.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tar wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:44 pm

Not worried about you broseph, I'm not posting my opinions on any social media outlets, period. You're a Rockstar when it comes to handling yourself as a forum admin.. keep doing what you do and thank you.

I only mentioned house shit cause Chris and I were debating stocks and investments in general. He's currently considering buying a place in Arizona, so we discussed. It's not going to make everyone feel great, but I'm about 98% done with GAF about people's feelings, we all have our own battle scars.
:notwrong:

And hey man, talk about stocks, real estate, etc. as desired :aintcare: I just need to create some threads/try to jump start some other fun conversations. I guess no one is really :plac: at the moment, which takes away a bit of the spice of DFD :lolol:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Coincidentally enough, my friend did her bachelorette party at Scottsdale as well. Seemed 5/7 according to her insta stories, rented an airbnb with a nice big pool.

We all complain about one thing or another and its in our blood :sad: but we always find ways to blow off some steam. Im happy that my night shift supposed to start at 2:30, but its 4:30 because of my SSN renewal appoint at noon. Cause when I tried to get it online which the social security office only allows walkin by appointment and mind you I waited for good 2 weeks. The system tells me that im not a citizen, i brought my application for card renewal, my citizenship certificate and passport for proof, and turns out in the system I only had info for 1995 as my newest. So there's no proof that I became citizen in their systems, like bruh I became citizen 12 years ago. Anyway Im glad thats done, waiting for it in the mail.

So I got time to relax, gonna leave earlier and grab a bubble tea, watch some YouTube, look thru emails before heading to work. Spend time with family tomorrow and possibly do Accord's first wash (interior at best, because them salty mats). Hit the gym early in the morning. And also spend the late afternoon/night with :tits: after she's finished with her roomie along with a couple relatives of hers for brunch (they went to high school together).
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:51 pm

And hey man, talk about stocks, real estate, etc. as desired :aintcare: I just need to create some threads/try to jump start some other fun conversations. I guess no one is really :plac: at the moment, which takes away a bit of the spice of DFD :lolol:
Oh yeah, that shit is boring AF, and I need to be aware that it's also really deflating :flaccid: at times, I am aware of when and why, so I'll try and be mindful for my own personal social awareness if nothing else.

Right now, GR C is the only game in town... TBH if the used car market went completely bust and I did have like $30k to spend, I'd consider a C7. :plac:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Also, the ass and tiddies threads are :fire: right now. :jesus: :kwith:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Everyone has that cash money ready homey. But most aren't :fullretard: enough to go into a :dillerman: and waste 5-100k on markup. :disgust:

So I have an order... I think there is another 86 on order... Chris has his name on a list for a ROLLAAA... So we actually have some :plac: going on for sure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:14 pm

Everyone has that cash money ready homey. But most aren't :fullretard: enough to go into a :dillerman: and waste 5-100k on markup. :disgust:

So I have an order... I think there is another 86 on order... Chris has his name on a list for a ROLLAAA... So we actually have some :plac: going on for sure.
:popcorn: we’re all trying to carry on with the :plac: madness, the powers that be are doing work to prevent.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tar wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:02 pm

Oh yeah, that shit is boring AF, and I need to be aware that it's also really deflating :flaccid: at times, I am aware of when and why, so I'll try and be mindful for my own personal social awareness if nothing else.

Right now, GR C is the only game in town... TBH if the used car market went completely bust and I did have like $30k to spend, I'd consider a C7. :plac:
The good news is we’re all kind of on the same page with the occasional lack of awareness, so you’re good, at least around here.

C7 would be so dope. Have you driven one/been in one?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

It was pretty fun being in Miami this week, really went hard on the nostalgia at U of Miami, my Alma mater. I was super busy with work but was able to spend some time on campus doing my computer work and even bought some goods at the bookstore :notbad:

Has some pretty productive client meetings as well, despite huge growth goals, this year is shaping up nicely for my sales. I guess 35% growth is fairly easy to attain when that is just keeping up with inflation :trollface:

Last night I got together with a college bro who still lives in Miami, beers were had, good times.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:21 pm
Tar wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:02 pm

The good news is we’re all kind of on the same page with the occasional lack of awareness, so you’re good, at least around here.

C7 would be so dope. Have you driven one/been in one?
I sat in one that wasn't running, it has a pretty nice interior and is a Corvette, so that fills in many blanks. I think they're brilliant sports cars, and never really had issues to speak of after the initial GM growing pains of a new launch. A base model in a rare color would be fine if I could find one for cheap :yeahok:
ChrisoftheNorth

C7 is so fantastic, I'd love one at some point maybe. Only downside is they're rather cramped compared to the C5/6.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:07 pm C7 is so fantastic, I'd love one at some point maybe. Only downside is they're rather cramped compared to the C5/6.
I'm normal sized, it's a non-issue for me LOL
ChrisoftheNorth

Tar wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:12 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:07 pm C7 is so fantastic, I'd love one at some point maybe. Only downside is they're rather cramped compared to the C5/6.
I'm normal sized, it's a non-issue for me LOL
Yea, you'd love it.
ChrisoftheNorth

And I think less focus on doom and gloom and financial BS is a good idea. I just don't have much else going on, so while I fix that, need others to keep the discussion going!
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:42 pm And I think less focus on doom and gloom and financial BS is a good idea. I just don't have much else going on, so while I fix that, need others to keep the discussion going!
How about updating your :haus: thread, as you've been promising for a while now? :|
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:48 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:42 pm And I think less focus on doom and gloom and financial BS is a good idea. I just don't have much else going on, so while I fix that, need others to keep the discussion going!
How about updating your :haus: thread, as you've been promising for a while now? :|
Perhaps I'll devote some time to that...