OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:56 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:52 pm
I don't know enough about the "HPC" market...but I can say that I absolutely love our Yeti 45...bought to match our Hopper soft cooler. Those two handle all of our camping needs without complaint.

Hard coolers aren't rocket science. I imagine anyone can make a really high performing hard cooler if the market supports. RTIC is pretty cheap and I've heard great things too. I always thought Pelican products were :waxer: AF.
I bought a Pelican 20 quart for $150 and the build quality on every facet is like a nice handgun. Locking latches, stainless hinge rods.....it's honestly something that my kid will own one day. I think one of their wheeled coolers is next I'm getting tired of the POS handle on my "Poverty Spec" one.
There's a lot of mechanical moving parts with latches and hinges and whatnot on that cooler...so it better be built very well. I like the simplicity of the Yeti stuff though, less to potentially go wrong.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:59 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:52 pm

We recently bought an RTIC as the Yeti cost is just difficult to swallow. It has been really excellent, still pricey but far more palatable and seems to offer similar performance.
I looked at RTIC before settling on Pelican. There is something a little frat boy about the last 15% of the Yeti premium that turns me off. Kind of like a BMW.
If I were doing it over again, I'd probably try RTIC to save the :butwhy: premium. I've looked at RTIC stuff at the store, and it looks really well built...very similar to the Yeti.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:00 pm

I bought a Pelican 20 quart for $150 and the build quality on every facet is like a nice handgun. Locking latches, stainless hinge rods.....it's honestly something that my kid will own one day. I think one of their wheeled coolers is next I'm getting tired of the POS handle on my "Poverty Spec" one.
There's a lot of mechanical moving parts with latches and hinges and whatnot on that cooler...so it better be built very well. I like the simplicity of the Yeti stuff though, less to potentially go wrong.
True dat.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:43 pm I have about 40g total every day that I don’t have a cheat meal. About 4850 calories per day on those normal days, so fat is only like 7-8% of my intake.
That is... rough. Fat is good.
Fat is flavor. That's my food philosophy.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:52 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:43 pm

I have about 40g total every day that I don’t have a cheat meal. About 4850 calories per day on those normal days, so fat is only like 7-8% of my intake.
Indeed. It’s working well though. I’ve never been this heavy while staying somewhat (to me) lean.
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:12 pm
D Griff wrote:
Fat is flavor. That's my food philosophy.
:notwrong:

I did a cheat meal last night. Fat loaded burgers from shake shack :drool:
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:57 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:56 am Ate my breakfast too fast and some of it came back up. May need to talk to my coach about changing this meal a bit, it’s a rough one.
"Make the cut through Bulimia, the Sawce Way!"
:lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:02 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:59 pm

I looked at RTIC before settling on Pelican. There is something a little frat boy about the last 15% of the Yeti premium that turns me off. Kind of like a BMW.
If I were doing it over again, I'd probably try RTIC to save the :butwhy: premium. I've looked at RTIC stuff at the store, and it looks really well built...very similar to the Yeti.
We got https://smile.amazon.com/RTIC-Soft-Pack ... 374&sr=8-1 in teal... It is pretty great, it really can keep things cold for days, :impressive: for a soft cooler. It's the perfect size to get :drunk: on the beach with.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:21 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:12 pm Fat is flavor. That's my food philosophy.

:jelly:

I may hit Taco Bell tonight, probably the $5 box with beans subbed in for the beef + a beefy fritos burrito since they're on the way out. :fatty:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:54 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:21 pm

:jelly:

I may hit Taco Bell tonight, probably the $5 box with beans subbed in for the beef + a beefy fritos burrito since they're on the way out. :fatty:
:drool:

I haven't been to Taco Bell in ages.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:07 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:29 am
Don't forget the :doge:

https://www.yeti.com/en_US/more-gear/bo ... YB8DB.html
My god, a $50 dog bowl :nevermind:
That's less than 50% price of the bucket with all the accessories.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I'm bored. Is it 6 PM yet?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Went on a 14 mile MTB/trail ride this morning and hiking 5-6 miles tonight with my pack after work... trying to do some last minute final training for my backpacking trip in NH week after next.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:Went on a 14 mile MTB/trail ride this morning and hiking 5-6 miles tonight with my pack after work... trying to do some last minute final training for my backpacking trip in NH week after next.
Bring lots of lube and take it slowly.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:30 pm I'm bored. Is it 6 PM yet?
I know you probably start work much later than I do, but fuck I can’t imagine being at work at 6pm.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:57 pm

There is a lot to be said for an item that can last the rest of your life. I also enjoy telling people about how I've "owned this for 15 years" or whatever. This is typically true of most of my clothing.
speaking of keeping clothes for a long time, I only kept probably around 10-15 clothes that are 5 years or older, a few being my gym shirts. I have this Hollister shirt I rocked in high school when I got it probably in 2007 and that thing feels like I just bought it, even has that teeny bit of that traditional smell to it. The quality is like no other, thicker than most of my t-shirts, pretty unique if you ask me, so I started rocking it more often. Recently I've gotten a few Hollister shirts, even the plain $10 ones and they feel like any other shirt. Fits perfect but that's about it, I feel like the quality is maybe going downhill where I can conclude this isn't the Hollister that brought me the nostalgia of my teenage years.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:11 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:30 pm I'm bored. Is it 6 PM yet?
I know you probably start work much later than I do, but fuck I can’t imagine being at work at 6pm.
Yeah I’m pretty much doing 10-6, when I was in the office it was 10-7. My accounts are on the West Coast so not much I can do before 10 PST. I like the hours, I love having my mornings to work out, walk the doge, etc.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:32 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:57 pm

There is a lot to be said for an item that can last the rest of your life. I also enjoy telling people about how I've "owned this for 15 years" or whatever. This is typically true of most of my clothing.
speaking of keeping clothes for a long time, I only kept probably around 10-15 clothes that are 5 years or older, a few being my gym shirts. I have this Hollister shirt I rocked in high school when I got it probably in 2007 and that thing feels like I just bought it, even has that teeny bit of that traditional smell to it. The quality is like no other, thicker than most of my t-shirts, pretty unique if you ask me, so I started rocking it more often. Recently I've gotten a few Hollister shirts, even the plain $10 ones and they feel like any other shirt. Fits perfect but that's about it, I feel like the quality is maybe going downhill where I can conclude this isn't the Hollister that brought me the nostalgia of my teenage years.
I feel like most brand’s quality is super inconsistent. My RL Polo stuff is quite well made though, I have multiple shirts from 05-10 range that still look good.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:37 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:32 pm

I feel like most brand’s quality is super inconsistent. My RL Polo stuff is quite well made though, I have multiple shirts from 05-10 range that still look good.
Some of my RL stuff was good, some was crap.

Surprisingly, I have some concert T's from the late 80's and early 90's that have been worn so many times, but are still better than some new clothes I've bought.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Also, WTF is up with all the "slim fit" shirts in the last few years??

Us fatties get no respect.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Most of the slim fit stuff is still too baggy for me :lolol: ALthough who knows now, I never put on my real clothes anymore.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:51 am Also, WTF is up with all the "slim fit" shirts in the last few years??

I have a disdain for the clothing design. 6'1" and 185 pounds. IF YOU GET TALLER WHY DOES THE SHIRT GET FATTER? I hate that. So I'm a little fit upper body, but otherwise standard white boy special, right? Finding a shirt i feel comfortable with at times is sometimes frustrating. . XL and i look like a cancer patient. Large arent long enough. XL thin crust fits my pepperonis the best. I wear skate shirts, swim trunks , and sandals to work. :idbu:
ChrisoftheNorth

There's way too much diversity in sizing. I only buy "tall size" shirts for the length, and generally a standard fit XL tall works well. They don't even make XXL Tall, which is what I'd need for "slim fit".
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

NeonJonny wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:52 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:51 am Also, WTF is up with all the "slim fit" shirts in the last few years??

I have a disdain for the clothing design. 6'1" and 185 pounds. IF YOU GET TALLER WHY DOES THE SHIRT GET FATTER? I hate that. So I'm a little fit upper body, but otherwise standard white boy special, right? Finding a shirt i feel comfortable with at times is sometimes frustrating. . XL and i look like a cancer patient. Large arent long enough. XL thin crust fits my pepperonis the best. I wear skate shirts, swim trunks , and sandals to work. :idbu:
:dat: I have the exact same problem. I'm also 6'1" and 185 and pretty fit. I have short legs so my torso is very long. I am really a medium in everything but length but I have to try to find Large/Tall/Slim to come remotely close.

:ohwell: I don't go to work or go out anymore so :whocares:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

https://slickdeals.net/f/14214755-certi ... BarV2Algo1

Decent cooler deal

Just enter SLICK25 and the shipping page.