OT 17: WELCOME TO THE CORONADOME!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

I am quarantined the next 7 days due to covid-19 exposure. Waiting to see if any symptoms emerge and playing it by ear. FML
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Barnes93cb wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:03 pm I am quarantined the next 7 days due to covid-19 exposure. Waiting to see if any symptoms emerge and playing it by ear. FML
RIP bro.

:dislike:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Barnes93cb wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:03 pm I am quarantined the next 7 days due to covid-19 exposure. Waiting to see if any symptoms emerge and playing it by ear. FML
Dang man, sorry to hear that. The good news is, I guess, that if you did contract it, it should have rather minimal effects on you given your age and whatnot.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:45 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:40 pm

We cancelled Tennessee next week and instead are going to hit some national parks in Ca, like Joshua Tree and Sequoia.. Also going to go back and likely lay a deposit down and setup an appointment to change the plans on a custom house in Utah that we want to have built. We went out to the area about a month ago and love it.
Oh :nice: , where in Utah?

So much of that state is absolutely gorgeous.
Hurricane.

Just outside St. George, about 25 miles to Zion and about 1.5 hours to Vegas.

The community is cool as hell, every house is custom, they have like 70 model plans, but you get to adjust and customize anything you want before they get permits and build.

Looking at a 5,000 square foot house that is 2500 upstairs and has all the "house". The basement will be 2500 square feet mostly open as a game room, but with a theater room, and an actual gun vault with steel plated walls and a vault door. House has a 4 car garage + RV attached and the RV has full hookups in the garage (50A, water and sewer). They told me it is no problem to put in a french drain and set the walls up as waterproof to wash cars in the garage. :like:

It's right next to a huge 170k acre state park, and they got it zoned as legal to drive SxS/Rzrs and dirtbikes on the roads there since everyone goes to the park for 4x4/off road activities.

Supressors = legal.
SBR = legal
CCW = I already have a Utah permit, just need to convert it to resident.
Close to Vegas = Win.
Beautiful landscapes = Awesome
Neighbors that aren't up in your business unless you're an outspoken commie/liberal = Perfect.
Fiber internet = yep.
Work remote 100% of the time = Boss signed off.
Better quality of life = Yes, please.
Price = Cheaper. All in, this house will cost about $700k.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:pouroneout:

Just kidding, I'm sure you'll be fine. Just follow orders.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:23 pm

Hurricane.

The community is cool as hell, every house is custom, they have like 70 model plans, but you get to adjust and customize anything you want before they get permits and build.

Looking at a 5,000 square foot house that is 2500 upstairs and has all the "house". The basement will be 2500 square feet mostly open as a game room, but with a theater room, and an actual gun vault with steel plated walls and a vault door. House has a 4 car garage + RV attached and the RV has full hookups in the garage (50A, water and sewer). They told me it is no problem to put in a french drain and set the walls up as waterproof to wash cars in the garage. :like:

It's right next to a huge 170k acre state park, and they got it zoned as legal to drive SxS/Rzrs and dirtbikes on the roads there since everyone goes to the park for 4x4/off road activities.

Supressors = legal.
SBR = legal
Close to Vegas = Win.
Neighbors that aren't up in your business unless you're an outspoken commie/liberal = Perfect.
Fiber internet = yep.
what's the downside? I don't seem to see any...
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Hurricane.

Supressors = legal.
SBR = legal
Close to Vegas = Win.
Fiber internet = yep.
:fuckyeah:
:jelly:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:45 pm Oh :nice: , where in Utah?

Hurricane.

Supressors = legal.
SBR = legal
Close to Vegas = Win.
Fiber internet = yep.
Whoa. :impressive:

I'm hoping this push for companies to allow remote work means that we can :gtfo: of our shitty state too. Maybe we'll be neighbors.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:26 pm

Hurricane.

Supressors = legal.
SBR = legal
Close to Vegas = Win.
Fiber internet = yep.
what's the downside? I don't seem to see any...
Maybe the Mormons, if you like to get into religious conversations with people and tell them why they are wrong.

We've been up there 3 times in the last 3 months when we've gone to Vegas and can't find anything wrong with the area, other than you need to drive 30 minutes to get anything lie Best Buy/retail other than groceries or food.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Supressors = legal.
SBR = legal
Close to Vegas = Win.
Fiber internet = yep.
:amaze:

a thing I can only dream of. :bravo:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:24 pm I got some groceries.

Our trip to Iceland next Sunday is seemingly out.

Mulling over cancelling my Utah trip Sunday. I'd like to go somewhere besides here for a few days but it's likely a bad idea, could end up trapped there.

They scheduled a town hall tomorrow over Skype, I'm thinking they will announce company-wide WFH.

Fuck all this doom and gloom, I think I will go take an extended lunch and ride my bike in the woods a bit.
Drive up to philly and help me tear my house to bits.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

dubshow wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:36 pm

Supressors = legal.
SBR = legal
Close to Vegas = Win.
Fiber internet = yep.
:amaze:

a thing I can only dream of. :bravo:
:dat:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:40 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:24 pm I got some groceries.

Our trip to Iceland next Sunday is seemingly out.

Mulling over cancelling my Utah trip Sunday. I'd like to go somewhere besides here for a few days but it's likely a bad idea, could end up trapped there.

They scheduled a town hall tomorrow over Skype, I'm thinking they will announce company-wide WFH.

Fuck all this doom and gloom, I think I will go take an extended lunch and ride my bike in the woods a bit.
We cancelled Tennessee next week and instead are going to hit some national parks in Ca, like Joshua Tree and Sequoia.. Also going to go back and likely lay a deposit down and setup an appointment to change the plans on a custom house in Utah that we want to have built. We went out to the area about a month ago and love it.
:hai: waxer

Joshua tree is a neat place. Unique for sure.

Utah is awesome. Jelly of that move.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

wap wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:09 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:46 pm
Her family is fine yes there's cultural hurdles but our issues are my fault. Something should have been small turned into something really big. I take the blame
:(
You can tell us about it, if you want to talk about it. If not, no worries.
I'm leaving out most of it for respect to her privacy. Back in November we got had a fight over a misunderstanding, but it was serious at the time. I have insecurities that make me think I need to lie when I've let someone important to me down or disappointed them because in my head if they realize i fucked something up then the rest of me won't be good enough for them to care anymore. So anyways in Nov we had a misunderstanding and I did lie, but confessed later and we talked it through. We explained both sides and were working things out. Things were fantastic up until 5am Monday. I woke up for work and she was in a good mood we said goodmorning etc, then when I got out of the shower she was pissed. It caught me off guard as I was only awake for about 12min. Turns out I forgot to say anything to her like "happy international womens day" etc. To be fair she is the only international woman in my life. She does not hold a USA passport. I apologized at least twice but she wasn't having it. She was legitimately upset as far as I could tell. I was super bummed and felt bad, said I'm sorry I didn't even realize, which was worded poorly since I was tired. What I meant to say was I didn't realize I never said anything. I saw the same curbed wheel picture that was posted here but I couldn't show her that as I curbed a wheel on HER car. So anyways she says "oh you didnt know what day it was yesterday"? Half asleep me not wanting to deal with this while I'm trying to get ready for work responded with "yeah I had no idea".

That's when everything went to shit. To her lying is essentially the #1 thing not to do, since we are long distance much of the time. When we fought in Nov she told me to never lie, and just tell the truth. She might be pissed but at least she would know the truth. I told her yes I will do my best to get over my insecurities issue I explained earlier (this affects a select few people in my life so not exclusive to her). I was doing great and taking my blows until Monday. I wasn't even fully aware of what was even going on yet here I am. Possibly ended our almost 5 year relationship over me fucking saying some retarded ass lie. The worst part is she hasn't been in the US since the end of October so having this distance between us is making it much harder. I panic bought a plane ticket to Abu Dhabi yesterday through Chase wanting to talk to her in person, but she kept saying she doesn't see a point as she has nothing to say anymore, and if she did have anything to say it wouldn't make any difference. She never directly said not to visit, but I can't help thinking it's selfish of me to put myself, and thus her in danger. Now I'm passed the 24hr free cancellation period.

Sorry if that post was tough to read I'm all over the place right now.
Trevor1342
Spinbait
Spinbait
Drives: 2020 Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor

Dow closed at 21.2k today... 401k is obliterated. Coronavirus is bringing us all back to DFD. Going to stock up on supplies tonight, will stuff both the trunk and frunk. I’m partially worried about this because it is blowing up on Long Island, cases are exponentially going up...
2020 Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor/Long Range (Acceleration Boost + FSD pack)
2018 Jetta S 1.4T - Silk Blue
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Hurricane.

Supressors = legal.
SBR = legal
Close to Vegas = Win.
Fiber internet = yep.
Oh yeah, St. George is dope. One of my clients/dealers is out there that is awesome, if you want someone to build out your theater room for you, I could get you his info.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:00 pm
Trevor1342 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:55 pm Dow closed at 21.2k today... 401k is obliterated. Coronavirus is bringing us all back to DFD. Going to stock up on supplies tonight, will stuff both the trunk and frunk. I’m partially worried about this because it is blowing up on Long Island, cases are exponentially going up...
Self quarantine if you can to keep from spreading it or contracting it.

Areas with high population densities are where it'll be the worst.
I really don't think it's a matter of IF you will get it, but WHEN you will get it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:53 pm

I'm leaving out most of it for respect to her privacy. Back in November we got had a fight over a misunderstanding, but it was serious at the time. I have insecurities that make me think I need to lie when I've let someone important to me down or disappointed them because in my head if they realize i fucked something up then the rest of me won't be good enough for them to care anymore. So anyways in Nov we had a misunderstanding and I did lie, but confessed later and we talked it through. We explained both sides and were working things out. Things were fantastic up until 5am Monday. I woke up for work and she was in a good mood we said goodmorning etc, then when I got out of the shower she was pissed. It caught me off guard as I was only awake for about 12min. Turns out I forgot to say anything to her like "happy international womens day" etc. To be fair she is the only international woman in my life. She does not hold a USA passport. I apologized at least twice but she wasn't having it. She was legitimately upset as far as I could tell. I was super bummed and felt bad, said I'm sorry I didn't even realize, which was worded poorly since I was tired. What I meant to say was I didn't realize I never said anything. I saw the same curbed wheel picture that was posted here but I couldn't show her that as I curbed a wheel on HER car. So anyways she says "oh you didnt know what day it was yesterday"? Half asleep me not wanting to deal with this while I'm trying to get ready for work responded with "yeah I had no idea".

That's when everything went to shit. To her lying is essentially the #1 thing not to do, since we are long distance much of the time. When we fought in Nov she told me to never lie, and just tell the truth. She might be pissed but at least she would know the truth. I told her yes I will do my best to get over my insecurities issue I explained earlier (this affects a select few people in my life so not exclusive to her). I was doing great and taking my blows until Monday. I wasn't even fully aware of what was even going on yet here I am. Possibly ended our almost 5 year relationship over me fucking saying some retarded ass lie. The worst part is she hasn't been in the US since the end of October so having this distance between us is making it much harder. I panic bought a plane ticket to Abu Dhabi yesterday through Chase wanting to talk to her in person, but she kept saying she doesn't see a point as she has nothing to say anymore, and if she did have anything to say it wouldn't make any difference. She never directly said not to visit, but I can't help thinking it's selfish of me to put myself, and thus her in danger. Now I'm passed the 24hr free cancellation period.

So this entire thing is due to her being upset that you didn't wish her happy women's day?

Seems a bit blown out of proportion to me... or that you lied about forgetting that day?
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Wait. I understand that she’s upset about the lie about you not knowing it was international women’s day, but Jesus fuck she was actually mad that you didn’t say “happy international women’s day” to her? That’s :fullretard: I didn’t say that shit to anyone and anyone who expected me to can shove a fucking calendar up their ass.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:12 pm

So this entire thing is due to her being upset that you didn't wish her happy women's day?

Seems a bit blown out of proportion to me... or that you lied about forgetting that day?
It's about me lying about forgetting.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Hurricane.

Supressors = legal.
SBR = legal
Close to Vegas = Win.
Fiber internet = yep.
This is sick. I love Utah, and south Utah is gorgeous. Reminds me of home growing up in the desert, but some of the plants are actually green!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:15 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:12 pm

I really don't think it's a matter of IF you will get it, but WHEN you will get it.
:dat:

If we continue on with life as normal, yes. If we take precautions... the impact may be minimized somewhat.

But, the tipping point may have passed. We don't know because the testing protocol right now in the US is terrible.
The other problem is that you could have it and show zero symptoms and just be a carrier.

It's a lost cause, just hope you and your loved ones are strong enough to recover.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:07 pm

Wait, hol up. :notsure:

International women's day is to celebrate women and their achievements on a global level. It's not just a day designated for only women who have immigrated into the US (or any other country from their country of origin, for that matter).

Anyways... is she holding a conversation with you, or is it forced, or is she returning your calls and messages at all? Real talk: She may just want some space right now.

Also, there's that whole pandemic thing going on. And you'd be a furner in the middle of the brown sea. Not a good place to be as a white boi.
She wasn't really that mad, but more annoyed I didn't even mention anything. She's mad about the lying, which I understand. She is responding to me If I reach out, but I can tell she's not happy about doing so. FWIW I've been the the UAE twice and nobody even looks twice at a white guy. UNLESS you're with an Emirati woman like me. Then you get looks from basically every other Emirati.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex, Max

How bad is it? In the banking side?
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:19 pm
[user not found] wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:07 pm

Wait, hol up. :notsure:

International women's day is to celebrate women and their achievements on a global level. It's not just a day designated for only women who have immigrated into the US (or any other country from their country of origin, for that matter).

Anyways... is she holding a conversation with you, or is it forced, or is she returning your calls and messages at all? Real talk: She may just want some space right now.

Also, there's that whole pandemic thing going on. And you'd be a furner in the middle of the brown sea. Not a good place to be as a white boi.
She wasn't really that mad, but more annoyed I didn't even mention anything. She's mad about the lying, which I understand. She is responding to me If I reach out, but I can tell she's not happy about doing so. FWIW I've been the the UAE twice and nobody even looks twice at a white guy. UNLESS you're with an Emirati woman like me. Then you get looks from basically every other Emirati.
Either way it seems like a blatant overreaction on her part dude. Imagine a lifetime of these reactions everytime you don't remember some arbitrary construct. Did she remember International Mans day?

Over 23 years of marriage (and 5 years dating before that) I have forgotten a few birthdays, a mothers day or two, three Valentine's day's and EVERY SINGLE international Women's Day. And she has forgotten just as many.

I don't know about the first lie that she was upset over, but this one was as white as you are in a sea of Emirate's.