OT 13: Unholy Guacamole

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

I need some :meat: now. Thanks for all the grill talk guys.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:08 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:45 am I'd probably cap my dog at $1500 for a single visit.
That's not how it works IRL. You go into the vet to look at the big lump that's been growing on your dog's leg....Dog is 10 yoa. They do cytology on the lump, out for results. $400. Phone call to Brandon "Lump is malignant, but the good news is that is hasn't traveled to the lymph nodes, I feel like we have a good chance of cutting it out with good margins." How much to cut it out?" "$1800."

So are you going to put the dog down right there or just take it home and put some .45 ACP into its cranium out in a field?

My guess is neither.
:dat:

My friend had a dog before we got our pup (he has her sister) and his dog was sick. She was a great dog and loved to hunt, lots of memories. After a lot of meds and tests my friend balked at the comments of paying $400 to put the dog down and said... and I quote.. "I'll take her out hunting one last time and shoot her myself before I pay $400 for them to give her poison."

In the end he had her put down and cried like the little bitches we all are for about a day. Sometimes I still see him start to tear up if I mention her.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:35 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:29 pm I'm still paralyzed by the whole grill discussion. Deciding which to buy first, Kamado style or Trager Pellet style.
I've used the Trager pellet style and found it to be ok...at best. Sure, the convenience is crazy. Set it and forget it, no dicking with anything, food comes out a solid 3-4/7.

But to me, the ceramic grille is :mindblown: it's nearly the same level of set it and forget it. I can get it lit and up to temp in under 30 minutes, and once you get the airflow right for the desired temp, you can just forget about it. I've got a wireless meat thermometer so I can monitor meat temps without disturbing things, and the results have been incredible. Everyone that tries the stuff I pull off the grille are blown away. Smoked fish, seared steaks, pizzas, and everything in between.
Yeah I'd probably go with the egg thing if it were between the two. Seems more usable.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Right now my grill retinue is fully poverty. A Kirkland gas grill salvaged from my marriage....thing must be 15 years old. It's made out of T-304 Stainless though and does polish up nice. And a Weber Kettle that is so beat up a homeless guy living under a railroad bridge wouldn't touch use it. Come to think of it I may need to kill myself.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:39 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:08 pm

That's not how it works IRL. You go into the vet to look at the big lump that's been growing on your dog's leg....Dog is 10 yoa. They do cytology on the lump, out for results. $400. Phone call to Brandon "Lump is malignant, but the good news is that is hasn't traveled to the lymph nodes, I feel like we have a good chance of cutting it out with good margins." How much to cut it out?" "$1800."

So are you going to put the dog down right there or just take it home and put some .45 ACP into its cranium out in a field?

My guess is neither.

My friend had a dog before we got our pup (he has her sister) and his dog was sick. She was a great dog and loved to hunt, lots of memories. After a lot of meds and tests my friend balked at the comments of paying $400 to put the dog down and said... and I quote.. "I'll take her out hunting one last time and shoot her myself before I pay $400 for them to give her poison."

In the end he had her put down and cried like the little bitches we all are for about a day. Sometimes I still see him start to tear up if I mention her.
Well said.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:42 pm Right now my grill retinue is fully poverty. A Kirkland gas grill salvaged from my marriage....thing must be 15 years old. It's made out of T-304 Stainless though and does polish up nice. And a Weber Kettle that is so beat up a homeless guy living under a railroad bridge wouldn't touch use it. Come to think of it I may need to kill myself.
Save it for your next Poverty Illustrated cover shoot.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I am dreading the day my :doge: has to be put down.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:44 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:42 pm Right now my grill retinue is fully poverty. A Kirkland gas grill salvaged from my marriage....thing must be 15 years old. It's made out of T-304 Stainless though and does polish up nice. And a Weber Kettle that is so beat up a homeless guy living under a railroad bridge wouldn't touch use it. Come to think of it I may need to kill myself.
:lolol:
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:44 pm

Things are looking up elsewhere in the abode but that area needs some money thrown at it.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:36 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:34 pm

Duuuuuude.

My infrared burner on my Napoleon can hit 1800
The BURNER, sure. But the inside temp of the grill? I've never met one that can get much above 500.
Well, imma tryin to cook the steak, not the roof of my grill

And I can get the inside up to that temp (800) but it's super inefficient.

That's where the egg kicks ass
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:45 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:36 pm
The BURNER, sure. But the inside temp of the grill? I've never met one that can get much above 500.

Do you put the steak directly on the burner?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

I've got a built-in Broilmaster natural gas grill that the PO installed outside of the house. It's mostly collecting dust now, convenience be damned.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:35 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:30 pm

Agreed.

I miss beer the most while eating Mexican food. Something about it makes me want a Pacifico or something similar.
I got a craving for a Mexican beer this weekend. Don't remember the last drink I had. Maybe a glass of wine at Thanksgiving?
I don't plan on never drinking again. Just not now while I have influence over my children. Nother 20 years or so?

Hopefully I live long enough to drink myself to death. :lolol:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:47 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:45 pm

Pretty fucking close. Maybe 1/2 inch away.
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:48 pm I've got a built-in Broilmaster natural gas grill that the PO installed outside of the house. It's mostly collecting dust now, convenience be damned.
Problem I've found with most natural gas grills other than really nice Webers is they cook unevenly/not so good, allow flareups, and just generally are half assed.
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:51 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:47 pm
:notbad:

Probably 5/7.
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:49 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:35 pm

I got a craving for a Mexican beer this weekend. Don't remember the last drink I had. Maybe a glass of wine at Thanksgiving?
I don't plan on never drinking again. Just not now while I have influence over my children. Nother 20 years or so?

Hopefully I live long enough to drink myself to death. :lolol:
I probably won't have a single drink all of this year. Next year I'll be more relaxed though. I'll put bodybuilding on the back burner and do more of my other hobbies like camping and shit and enjoy some tasty brews whilst doing so.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:48 pm I've got a built-in Broilmaster natural gas grill that the PO installed outside of the house. It's mostly collecting dust now, convenience be damned.
Those are nice for the occasional use. Not having to worry about propane is nice
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:51 pm
Problem I've found with most natural gas grills other than really nice Webers is they cook unevenly/not so good, allow flareups, and just generally are half assed.
Turns out that "Broilmaster" is a :waxer: brand. When we first moved in, I cleaned it up, replaced a few parts to get it working at optimal, and it's been a really good grille. Cooks rather evenly, zero flare-ups, and solid construction. The same grille today is also over $1k (and it's small), so :iono:

All that said, I'd skip it and just get an egg, personally. A cheap chinese knock-off like mine, or a :waxer: name-brand BGE. The results are just too fantastic.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:52 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:51 pm

Probably 5/7.
It's a totally separate burner. No flare up with infrared..., Almost instant heat.

It's the..,.wave....of the future.....
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:53 pm
Those are nice for the occasional use. Not having to worry about propane is nice
Yea, it's really nice to not have to deal with bropane containers anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:54 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:52 pm

Probably 5/7.
It's a totally separate burner. No flare up with infrared..., Almost instant heat.

It's the..,.wave....of the future.....
:science:
SAWCE

You guys really have me hating shitty apartment life today. I want a place where I have room to do some grilling.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:44 pm I am dreading the day my :doge: has to be put down.
Let's not go there, I don't need to start in on that emotional roller coaster.

She's already 3.5 years old and it seems like yesterday she was just a tiny turd when I brought her home at 8 weeks old.

KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:54 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:51 pm

Turns out that "Broilmaster" is a :waxer: brand. When we first moved in, I cleaned it up, replaced a few parts to get it working at optimal, and it's been a really good grille. Cooks rather evenly, zero flare-ups, and solid construction. The same grille today is also over $1k (and it's small), so :iono:

All that said, I'd skip it and just get an egg, personally. A cheap chinese knock-off like mine, or a :waxer: name-brand BGE. The results are just too fantastic.
I gotta get one of these to use as a smoker