OT Deep Space Waste 9

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Shut up :crang:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: DIESEL BRODOZER, R53 JCW

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:04 pm
nuggstein wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:41 pm In the kitchen, at this client, there are pamphlets that read "We celebrate our LGBT colleagues."

How do you guys feel about this? It pisses me off. Why are we celebrating them? I do not view them as any different than you or I. To me, they are people, just human. Same for Black History month.

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said "proud father of a lesbian daughter."

Ugh, really grinds my gears.
I hightly doubt it means they're celebrated with parties and shit. It's more letting people know that they have a strict stance on bigotry and that people who are LGBT aren't just tolerated there, they're accepted.

Why does the dad's bumper sticker annoy you? It wasn't until very recently that coming out as gay was accepted, and I'd argue that unfortunately for many people, it's still not accepted. There are countless stories of parents disowning their children who came out as gay. I think it's rad that this guy loves his daughter so much that he doesn't care if the whole world (or whoever is driving behind him) knows that she's gay.
:dat:
*reserved for no content*
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

nuggstein wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:12 pm

I hightly doubt it means they're celebrated with parties and shit. It's more letting people know that they have a strict stance on bigotry and that people who are LGBT aren't just tolerated there, they're accepted.

Why does the dad's bumper sticker annoy you? It wasn't until very recently that coming out as gay was accepted, and I'd argue that unfortunately for many people, it's still not accepted. There are countless stories of parents disowning their children who came out as gay. I think it's rad that this guy loves his daughter so much that he doesn't care if the whole world (or whoever is driving behind him) knows that she's gay.
Oh, I know there's no parties...but still. Because to me...gay, not gay, transgender, or whatever...does not mean anything. There's no reason it should be announced. Like I said, they are just a person. There's no celebrating for straight people, or white people. No "white history month". No, "Asian History Month." "German History Month."

I forgot who it was....I think Morgan Freeman was like :wtf: at Black History Month.
But it doesn't matter what it means to you. What matters is there are still backward ass people all over the world who view people who are gay, transgender, the "wrong" religion, a different race, etc. as being substandard. These are the people that need the reminders.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

And I handed in my expenses from May for reimbursement today.

:fuckyeah: :waxer:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:56 pm I'm having a difficult time giving any fucks at the moment.
:butwhy:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Since we don't breed, the vast majority of our friends are gay guys. We have a trans dude (was girl) thrown in for good measure, and it's amazing how much the opinions change.

Trans dude wants no celebration. He doesn't want people knowing he's trans...he just wants to be a dude that likes beer, sports, working out, normal dude stuff. And I totally get that.

On the other hand, I have some friends who spent their childhood hating themselves...or in the case of my dad 62 years pretending to be someone he's not. One friend tried to commit suicide at 13. FUCKING 13! Now that they're out and it's accepted, they really fucking own it, because they can finally be comfortable with who they are. And I'm right there with them. They're awesome guys, and they have every right that I do to be happy and embrace who they are.

What's sad is that there's still a lot of places that don't accept my friends. We've been to bars where people give them weird looks of make "fag" comments, etc. We just leave and never come back. But as a company, that's even harder. Imagine hiring it at a company and you have no idea how you're going to be treated. As a LGBT person, that flier might provide a sigh of relief...which I'm sure is very welcome.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Do Work, Son
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: CX-5

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:56 pm I'm having a difficult time giving any fucks at the moment.
We had a double retirement party with pizza and ice cream, I'm going to crash here in a second and I have three hours to go.
#AllPostsMatter
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:06 pm Since we don't breed, the vast majority of our friends are gay guys. We have a trans dude (was girl) thrown in for good measure, and it's amazing how much the opinions change.

Trans dude wants no celebration. He doesn't want people knowing he's trans...he just wants to be a dude that likes beer, sports, working out, normal dude stuff. And I totally get that.

On the other hand, I have some friends who spent their childhood hating themselves...or in the case of my dad 62 years pretending to be someone he's not. One friend tried to commit suicide at 13. FUCKING 13! Now that they're out and it's accepted, they really fucking own it, because they can finally be comfortable with who they are. And I'm right there with them. They're awesome guys, and they have every right that I do to be happy and embrace who they are.

What's sad is that there's still a lot of places that don't accept my friends. We've been to bars where people give them weird looks of make "fag" comments, etc. We just leave and never come back. But as a company, that's even harder. Imagine hiring it at a company and you have no idea how you're going to be treated. As a LGBT person, that flier might provide a sigh of relief...which I'm sure is very welcome.
All of :dat: but especially the bolded.

I think the one social movement that I'm not completely sold on is genderless (unisex?) bathrooms.. pretty much every restroom has individual stalls with toilets in them for privacy, or if they're a single person bathroom that's a non-issue anyways.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:15 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:06 pm Since we don't breed, the vast majority of our friends are gay guys. We have a trans dude (was girl) thrown in for good measure, and it's amazing how much the opinions change.

I think the one social movement that I'm not completely sold on is genderless (unisex?) bathrooms.. pretty much every restroom has individual stalls with toilets in them for privacy, or if they're a single person bathroom that's a non-issue anyways.
My beef with bathrooms is MIND YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS. My trans friend just goes in and uses a stall, ZFG. If he tried to go in the ladies room (like some want him to), it would be pandamonium because he looks exactly like a dude. Nobody in the men's room gives him a second look, and that's how it's supposed to be. No trans person wants to stand out, the point is they want to be accepted as the gender they identify with. Period. The fact that people freak out about trans people using the bathroom they identify with is absolute :rage: :rolleyes: :whocares:

Unisex bathroom or not, just grow the fuck up and accept people for how they are.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

nuggstein wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:41 pm In the kitchen, at this client, there are pamphlets that read "We celebrate our LGBT colleagues."

How do you guys feel about this? It pisses me off. Why are we celebrating them? I do not view them as any different than you or I. To me, they are people, just human. Same for Black History month.

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said "proud father of a lesbian daughter."

Ugh, really grinds my gears.

Its kind of the same thing with Black Lives Matter (but they go to extremes). Announcing that they support LGBTQ is the company's way of telling its employees that discrimination won't be tolerated and they are people too and have a right to work here. You don't need the reminder, others do.

BLM is similar in that they're bringing specifically black discrimination into the spotlight. People go around saying All lives matter, that's missing the point and really an attempt at reducing what they're trying to say. Which is that we're being discriminated against, wake up to it. Nobody needs a reminder that white lives matter, that's implied in this country. But people do need the reminder that others' lives do matter too.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:22 pm

My beef with bathrooms is MIND YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS. My trans friend just goes in and uses a stall, ZFG. If he tried to go in the ladies room (like some want him to), it would be pandamonium because he looks exactly like a dude. Nobody in the men's room gives him a second look, and that's how it's supposed to be. No trans person wants to stand out, the point is they want to be accepted as the gender they identify with. Period. The fact that people freak out about trans people using the bathroom they identify with is absolute :rage: :rolleyes: :whocares:

Unisex bathroom or not, just grow the fuck up and accept people for how they are.
Its fucking ridiculous. What are these sensitive snowflakes getting all up in arms about? A woman identifying as a man possibly seeing their peepee? By identifying as a man, they are basically broadcasting that they're not into men....
Do Work, Son

Any woman who advocates women using the same shitter as men needs to have her head examined. Do women know how bad we can smell?
#AllPostsMatter
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

We had coed bathrooms in my dorm at MIT, it was fine. No :derp: people there :doe:

Maybe we should change the bathrooms from men's and women's to triple and double digit IQ's...
Do Work, Son

You went to MIT? The MIT?
#AllPostsMatter
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:28 pm

We had coed bathrooms in my dorm at MIT, it was fine. No :derp: people there :doe:

Maybe we should change the bathrooms from men's and women's to triple and double digit IQ's...
Oh yea, we had coed bathrooms in some dorms at Michigan State too. I forgot about that.

It's just such a stupid thing to get upset about.
nuggstein
Drives: 2012 GTI

I understand now. Thanks guys. While I don't think they should be celebrated, I understand why some people would want that.
:crang:
Apex

Do Work, Son wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:28 pm

Any woman who advocates women using the same shitter as men needs to have her head examined. Do women know how bad we can smell?
:bruh: have you ever seen the inside of a public women's restroom? :nope: :disgust: :gag:
wap

SAWCE wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:35 pm
nuggstein wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:12 pm
Oh, I know there's no parties...but still. Because to me...gay, not gay, transgender, or whatever...does not mean anything. There's no reason it should be announced. Like I said, they are just a person. There's no celebrating for straight people, or white people. No "white history month". No, "Asian History Month." "German History Month."

I forgot who it was....I think Morgan Freeman was like :wtf: at Black History Month.
But it doesn't matter what it means to you. What matters is there are still backward ass people all over the world who view people who are gay, transgender, the "wrong" religion, a different race, etc. as being substandard. These are the people that need the reminders.
nuggstein

Speaking of which...how about toilet seat positions?

I prefer the toilet seat completely down and COVERED. Most people I know don't close the toilet completely. Usually leave it where you can sit, or completely open so you can stand and pee. I grew up with cats who loved water, so we always have to close the seats anyways. I think it's cleaner. My girlfriend never closes the seat completely, probably out of habit, as no one closes the seat completely at my mom's house either, if her friends visit or something.
wap

Apex wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:02 pm And I handed in my expenses from May for reimbursement today.

:fuckyeah:

:crang: needs some dough. Just sayin... :yeahok:
wap

:bravo:
Apex

wap wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:36 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:02 pm And I handed in my expenses from May for reimbursement today.

:yeahok: :lolol:
nuggstein

wap wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:36 pm

And I totally forgot to complete my expense report for last month. I have to wait until July to submit both May and June reports, and then get reimbursed on July 15th. That should be nice, lol. They pay me $75/month for my cell phone. Plus they let us expense commutes from where we live to the client, instead of from main office to client.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:27 pm

Its fucking ridiculous. What are these sensitive snowflakes getting all up in arms about? A woman identifying as a man possibly seeing their peepee? By identifying as a man, they are basically broadcasting that they're not into men....
Plus trans dudes (biologically female in da trousers but looking like a dude on the outside) have been using men's johns for decades/centuries (and wice versa) with no one being the wiser. Now it's suddenly an issue? Fuck off with that and :dealwithit:
Johnny_P

nuggstein wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:35 pm

Speaking of which...how about toilet seat positions?

I prefer the toilet seat completely down and COVERED. Most people I know don't close the toilet completely. Usually leave it where you can sit, or completely open so you can stand and pee. I grew up with cats who loved water, so we always have to close the seats anyways. I think it's cleaner. My girlfriend never closes the seat completely, probably out of habit, as no one closes the seat completely at my mom's house either, if her friends visit or something.
I close the seat because cat would play with the water and now I have :doge: