:plac: Finds: Show us your automotive goldmines

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:44 pm
wap wrote:
:wat: :butwhy:
It was a terrestrial corporate jet. It was the essence of cool. It almost replaced the 911. What's not to love?
It's Porsche makes a Corvette that isn't as good as a Corvette... :iono: front engine Porsche don't do a ton for me, but it is a neat car. I like how he put 928 in the price :doe: :lolol:
But it was tons better than a C3 :doe:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:16 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:49 pm

I found infotainment in the Fiata to be perfectly satisfactory. One thing that really impressed was the ability to successfully have a phone conversation through Bluetooth with top down on the freeway. I like that it's relatively simple too, will somewhat strand up to the test of time.

I still want one... But the fact that you can't track one kills it for me for now.
Just the RF targa can’t be tracked the ragtop can.
It all depends largely on the organizer. Most of the ones around me require 06 or newer. Moar robust rollover protection isn’t a bad idea :doe:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Desertbreh wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:47 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:28 pm https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... /overview/

Holy crap. $45k BRAND NEW C7.
Yeah wow. That makes a lot of the cars that get talked about on this forum look pretty stupid.
+1 cannot deny value and power for the $$. A good deal.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:16 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:49 pm

I found infotainment in the Fiata to be perfectly satisfactory. One thing that really impressed was the ability to successfully have a phone conversation through Bluetooth with top down on the freeway. I like that it's relatively simple too, will somewhat strand up to the test of time.

I still want one... But the fact that you can't track one kills it for me for now.
Just the RF targa can’t be tracked the ragtop can.
With roll bar :doe: ? I don't really want one and I think I'd be too tall to pass the broomstick test even if I did install one.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:16 pm Just the RF targa can’t be tracked the ragtop can.
With roll bar :doe: ? I don't really want one and I think I'd be too tall to pass the broomstick test even if I did install one.
I think I'm going to keep fixing things that come up on the 5.5, it's not the be-all in the handling department but overall hard to give up for most things on the market. Did you ever take Max up on the offer to test drive a 350/370Z?
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 5:07 pm
D Griff wrote:
I think I'm going to keep fixing things that come up on the 5.5, it's not the be-all in the handling department but overall hard to give up for most things on the market. Did you ever take Max up on the offer to test drive a 350/370Z?
I'm kinda done with :dillerman: test drives, I feel that they're pretty pointless for my purposes. I will rent one on Turo at some point when the opportunity arises.

I'm kind of lukewarm on a 370Z now though... :iono: more money to wind up in a similar car that's heavier, less power, less interior space.... the only real benefit is losing the scrape. If my car got totaled or something, it would be high on the list for a replacement, but kind of feels like a lateral move.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

:impressive:
Bryan_H;2124246 wrote:For Sale to a good home.

This has been the hardest ad I've ever written. I *really* like this car. It's time to simplify a bit on the automotive front.

2007 Daytona Blue 350Z HR (2007 was the only year Daytona Blue was available with the HR)
Enthusiast package (cruise / traction control / steering wheel audio controls / HomeLink)
77k miles

2016 & 2017 STU National Champion
2017 STUL 2nd place Solo Nationals
2017 STU Spring Nats ProSolo and Champ Tour winner
Three additional class wins at ProSolos

The 350Z in STU is a jack of all trades. It has good power, responsive handling, it stops well, sounds great, is reliable, and it's a ton of fun to drive. With the right shock valving it can also be reasonably comfortable on the street for an ST car. STU is about the most fun you can have on street tires, in my opinion. Ask anyone in the class.

This garage-kept US-spec car was purchased as a C-Street car from a Canadian autocrosser in the summer of 2016, with about 55k miles. Shortly afterward it was converted to STU trim using parts from the 2013 STR / 2014 STU Championship winning 2003 350Z that Brian Peters campaigned (which is now my stock daily driver). Setup has evolved as needed as tires got grippier and the chassis changed. The HR engine was chosen for its higher power output and higher rev limiter over earlier 350Zs. The vast majority of the miles put on the car since purchase have been highway miles to and from autocross events, including driving it from CA to Lincoln NE and back on three occasions. The prior owner also road-tripped it all over Western North America to events to run in CS.

Go-Fast Goodies:
  • Ceramic coated PPE Engineering long-tube headers
  • Custom PPE Y-pipe with high flow cats
  • B-Line non-resonated midpipe
  • [Above items are not currently on the car]
  • B-Line Y-pipe and resonated midpipe that go together behind stock cats
  • B-Line muffler
  • Dyno tuned to 290rwhp, 250rwtq on 91 octane with a torque curve as flat as Kansas. Tuning by Specialty Z in SoCal.
  • UpRev Osiris Tuner (full unlocked editor), currently with 5 maps loaded onto the ECU (different octanes and rev limits). Maps are switchable on the fly using the cruise control buttons.
  • Custom-valved double adjustable aluminum-body Koni 2812s by ProPartsUSA. Spherical upper mounts front and rear.
  • 1200lb Hyperco front race springs
  • 850lb/800lb Eibach rear race springs with helpers
  • Threaded adjustable rear spring perches
  • Hotchkis front sway bar (newest bar with stop rings and 4 adjustment holes per side)
  • Whiteline adjustable rear sway bar
  • Whiteline polyurethane subframe bushings and differential mount bushings
  • Megan Racing harder rubber motor/trans mounts and front suspension bushings
  • Modified Kinetix front upper control arms
  • Quaife LSD
  • Stoptech brake pads
  • Shorai 4.8lb LiFePO4 battery (never given me even a hint of trouble)
  • XXR 531 18x11” wheels wrapped in 275/35-18 Nexen SUR4G tires that are about half worn. 3mm spacers needed for the front – four are included in case you're like me and enjoy that little extra flushness at the rear. Until you're dirty all Saturday at a ProSolo and you take them out to give yourself a 0.05% better chance of being clean Sunday morning.
  • Stock suspension parts can be included, as well as a small light single-exit race muffler.
Other Modifications:
- Pioneer AVIC-X940BT head unit. It has navigation, bluetooth with mic installed, iPod connector in the center cubby, and it's interfaced with the stock steering wheel audio controls.
- Polk db651 speakers front and rear
- Window switch trim wrapped in 3M or Avery (I forget) textured CF-look vinyl. The OEM plastic scratches when you look at it funny. This was my solution. I liked the look so I wrapped the light gray steering wheel button trim, too.
- Tomei shift knob
- Clear front reflector lenses [see my username title]

The Good:
- It's fast and crazy good fun.
- It's in excellent condition inside, outside, and mechanically, aside from items listed below.
- The oil galley gasket issue has been taken care of with the updated metal-reinforced gaskets. This is a very labor intensive project that every VQ35HR has to have done at some point. Dealers charge in the thousands.
- Recent Genuine Nissan thermostat, drive belt, transmission oil.
- Freshly polished and sealed paint.
- The rear hatch fully releases for one-handed lifting. This is a common problem on 350Zs but not this particular car.
- No leaks and no rust

The Not-so-good:
- Front bumper was never in great shape since owning the car. There's a deep scratch or two and a split part near the bottom corner of the grille, plus some cone rash on leading lower edges.
The front of the hood also has some small stone chips from the highway miles.
- There's a repaired chip in the center of the windshield that I often forget about because it hides behind the rear view mirror from the driver's perspective. It's been there since I bought the car and has never changed.
- The rear diff has a whine/hum at highway speeds. I've run it this way since 2015, no other issues aside from the noise. It's not real noticeable with the 'full race' exhaust on, but I'm reminded of it now that I've been driving with the quieter exhaust configuration.
- One post-cat O2 sensor for the relocated cats throws a harmless code for the heater circuit. I check codes periodically since the light is always on – no other codes have been triggered. What's currently installed is a new sensor with shorter wiring that works only with the stock cat location and does not illuminate the CEL.

Recent Kahlifornya emissions certificate.

$19,000 with everything listed above. I'm keeping the race seat because they're a personal fit thing and I've found my Goldilocks seat. I can throw in the Megan 350Z seat bracket if the buyer would like it.

Bryan_H;2124254 wrote:The pictures:

I can't stand the car this dirty. Image This was 2016 Nationals, the car was converted to STU in the ~10 days leading up to departure for Nebraska. There was no time to make it pretty. That had to wait.

This one's not a current photo but I like the complimentary colors anyway.

More here: http://www.pbase.com/bryanh/07350zfs
troyguitar

Pics aren't showing, trying again.
Bryan_H;2124254 wrote:The pictures:

I can't stand the car this dirty. Image This was 2016 Nationals, the car was converted to STU in the ~10 days leading up to departure for Nebraska. There was no time to make it pretty. That had to wait.

This one's not a current photo but I like the complimentary colors anyway.

More here: http://www.pbase.com/bryanh/07350zfs
Johnny_P

I bet that Z is a barrel of fun :amazing: find there Troy

:megusta:
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 1:42 pm I bet that Z is a barrel of fun :amazing: find there Troy

:megusta:
:word:

It's the best one in the country, probably in the world.

Or if you're into the 80's, there's this beauty:

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/ ... 57865.html

White on blue, complete with glass t-top and a 6-pack in the passenger footwell. :impressive:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/ ... 95763.html

Woa, cheap LS3 C6. I wonder if that hideous spoiler is drilled in?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:41 am https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/ ... 95763.html

Why does the stripe not continue down onto the hood and bumper? :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:59 am
Detroit wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:41 am https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/ ... 95763.html

Why does the stripe not continue down onto the hood and bumper? :lol:
Noticed that. It's probably wrecked.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

This car is a no fly because of the 1/2 stripe and spoiler. This 1/2 assed attitude will likely carry over to all phases of the car and you deserve what you get.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P

:unicorn:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... ode1=328XI

E91 manuel sport pack without nav. Xdrive doe, so not the rainbow-tipped unicorn.
Listed at $17k with 86k on the clock.
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Johnny_P wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 11:33 am :unicorn:

E91 manuel sport pack without nav. Xdrive doe, so not the rainbow-tipped unicorn.
What most CUV's wish they were. Nice find. Love it!
ChrisoftheNorth

:notbad:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

That's about 10k too high. This is almost a 2 gen old wagon. That has been quite "used up" I'd rather roll in a new Golf AllTrack for the same money and not deal with all these "old" BMW issues.
max225

Carbon FIBER too. :disgust: 'ing car doe.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 2:21 pm

That's about 10k too high. This is almost a 2 gen old wagon. That has been quite "used up" I'd rather roll in a new Golf AllTrack for the same money and not deal with all these "old" BMW issues.
Oh yeah its overpriced for sure. Should be $12k or less IMO. But it is what it is. Brah knows he has the rarepupper version.
ChrisoftheNorth

An under $20k LS3 C6, you get what you pay for.

I just wonder how much can be undone...
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 2:23 pm

An under $20k LS3 C6, you get what you pay for.

That tiny white dog too... :yikes: I wonder what that owner is like... My fear is he treated his "baby" in a very peculiar and :disgust: manner.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 2:28 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 2:23 pm An under $20k LS3 C6, you get what you pay for.

That tiny white dog too... :yikes: I wonder what that owner is like... My fear is he treated his "baby" in a very peculiar and :disgust: manner.
:disgust: