Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:38 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:37 pm

So now two bro truks and the Z?
Yeah 1LE is gone.
That’ll work. Impressed by ZR2
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:06 pm HmmmImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
:doit:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

CorvetteWaxer wrote:Is it weird that I'm about to have 3 silver vehicles at the same time?
It's your legacy. Don't mess with it.
Last edited by Tar on Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Desertbreh wrote:
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:38 pm Yeah 1LE is gone.
That’ll work. Impressed by ZR2
This. Congrats fucker! Your fleet always makes me :drool:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:fuckyeah:

#dreamfleet
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:04 am :fuckyeah:

#dreamfleet
:dat:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

#dreamfleet
Thanks man. Appreciate your advice and insight.

I got a pretty good deal on this one in my opinion.

MSRP: $44,200
Sale price: $39,100.00

That checks out to be a bit less than employee price if I did my checking correctly. Owning the Jeep got me some extra rebate on top of the others and the discount.

While I was there two other dealers that were kinda hard balling me texted and were sounding desperate to deal late in the day.

This thing rides like a Caddy and handles extremely well / flat for a lifted truck. I am amazed.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:fuckyeah: :truk:
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:23 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:28 pm

Don't need that and a new heep.
Need?

Don't make me laugh!

Bought it.
LOL!! Impulse buying. Its not just a WalMart thing :) Nice rig!
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:47 am

#dreamfleet

That checks out to be a bit less than employee price if I did my checking correctly. Owning the Jeep got me some extra rebate on top of the others and the discount.

While I was there two other dealers that were kinda hard balling me texted and were sounding desperate to deal late in the day.

This thing rides like a Caddy and handles extremely well / flat for a lifted truck. I am amazed.
Yea, REALLY solid price for your area without any Corp discounts. I wouldn't have been able to help get you any more off. Now is the best time since the Colorado launched to buy one. Serious dealer incentives.

I get :roasted: on here for saying how well the truck drives on the road. Apparently, it's impossible to ride well and be fun. I'm curious to hear how it compares to the JL when that finally comes in.

Wait until you take it off road...

We had them out in the desert last week for a dealer event, bombing 60-70 down dirt trails it rides like a car. Truly an amazing machine. I hope you enjoy it!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:46 am

Yea, REALLY solid price for your area without any Corp discounts. I wouldn't have been able to help get you any more off. Now is the best time since the Colorado launched to buy one. Serious dealer incentives.

I get :roasted: on here for saying how well the truck drives on the road. Apparently, it's impossible to ride well and be fun. I'm curious to hear how it compares to the JL when that finally comes in.

We had them out in the desert last week for a dealer event, bombing 60-70 down dirt trails it rides like a car. Truly an amazing machine. I hope you enjoy it!

Yeah, I watched a bunch of youtube reviews and honestly I did not believe the reports about the ride on-road until I drove it. Those shocks must be some kind of alien magic.

I'm sure the JL won't ride as nice overall, but I am interested as well. Looking forward to taking it on the "guys trip" to the desert in northern Nevada this summer when we load up a bunch of guns, ammo, food and firewood and spend 4-5 days out in the middle of nowhere.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:03 am
Detroit wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:46 am

Yeah, I watched a bunch of youtube reviews and honestly I did not believe the reports about the ride on-road until I drove it. Those shocks must be some kind of alien magic.

I'm sure the JL won't ride as nice overall, but I am interested as well. Looking forward to taking it on the "guys trip" to the desert in northern Nevada this summer when we load up a bunch of guns, ammo, food and firewood and spend 4-5 days out in the middle of nowhere.
ZR2 is perfect for that kind of stuff. I've got a few trips like that planned out here as well this summer.

The DSSV shocks are pretty exotic and very :waxer: Spool valves are pricey to machine, but man...what a difference. If you're curious, they essentially alter damping rates based on wheel travel and frequency. So when on the road and the tires aren't moving much, they're firm. Results in a firm, flat ride that's surprisingly fun (which has been deemed impossible on here, BTW). Then off road when the wheels are moving more and more frequently, the damping softens so it's more compliant over rough stuff. It's :mindblown: how comfortable it is offroad. MSRC would overheat within minutes offroad, these things being 100% mechanical (just fluid passages) will last forever. Supposedly, they're "lifetime" shocks. We'll see.

The ZR2 is my favorite vehicle I've ever had. I absolutely love that truck.

:triggered: :wrong:
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

:jelly: :troywax: :fuckyeah:

I'd love to replace my Colorado with a ZR2, but have no practical reason to at this time since mines only 2 years old and we'll need a bigger family car than the Rav first before the truck will need replaced.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Davestr wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:53 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:23 pm

Need?

Don't make me laugh!

Bought it.
LOL!! Impulse buying. Its not just a WalMart thing :) Nice rig!
Thanks, Dave.

It's not really that impulse, at least not for me. :lol: I have been thinking of offing the Camaro for awhile with it eating oil. Then, a couple weeks ago the car and weather aligned to tried to kill me and really reinforced that the idea of getting rid of it was a good one.

A couple weeks ago I was a bit late going to work and traffic was VERY slow because it was raining like crazy. It was about 4:45AM and traffic on the freeway was moving about 60 MPH (normally everyone does about 80 at this hour). I was already sketched out a bit from some light hydroplaning earlier on the commute so I was on high alert and taking precautions. I was in the left-middle lane flowing with traffic and giving good following distance while a guy was riding my ass. So, I slowly moved to the right and get in the next lane over, everything is fine...... until the guy that was behind me is beside me 2 seconds later and my rear end kept going right! There I am, 60 miles an hour in a full drift with my car pointed far to the left with the asshole that was behind me in my headlights. I was countersteering like a motherfucker and after maybe 8 seconds (felt like an hour) the ass end started to come back around. The rear came back and the active handling was able to keep me from having to deal with any reverse fishtailing and kept the car straight. I unclinched my butt and looked in the rear view mirror to see NO LIGHTS. everyone that was behind us apparently slowed way down expecting me to wreck. :shock:

So, at that point I came to a brilliant conclusion :oops: and decided that slightly worn Goodyear Supercar tires were as bad or worse than the Sport Cup 2's on the Z06 in the rain and our roads here just don't evacuate water fast enough when the rain is heavy. Even in the snow and ice traction mode, nothing is going to help a massive hydroplane with those big track focused tires. Rather than putting some shitty wheels and tires on the car for the 2-3 days a month, 3-4 months a year we see any rain like this I would rather drive something else like the Jeep.

My wife started looking at vehicles for herself, to give me the JKU until the JLU comes and I would take that. She was initially looking super cheap because she doesn't see value in a car when looking at the numbers (she likes the features though, so I think she's just cheap). She was looking at the Civic, Cruze, Mazda 3, etc when I reminded her about our Labrador... so she started looking at some crossovers.. Then settled back on a Volt due to the tax incentives.

I had a conversation with Detroit about his Volt and he also mentioned the Colorado. I shared this info with her and she told me that she actually liked the Colorado, but didn't want to mention it because she knew I wanted to get a full size later for towing and stuff. I told her I would be okay with the Colorado IF we upped the trim level from something basic and that we could then share the Colorado and the JLU frequently to spread the commute miles out, so we started looking for ZR2 inventory... which was hard. Everyone had a boatload of the diesel, and either none or one/two of the gas config. Most of the gas trucks were either black, or had the goofy package that puts the light bar in the bed with the silly ZR2 sheet metal advertising. These trucks are moving fast around here, I called some dealers after seeing little inventory online and they were telling me that they had some, but they have been flying off the lot. Tons of the work truck models are around though and an okay but smallish number of Z71's.

I found three white and one silver ZR2s that were somewhat local and started email negotiations. Then it moved fast from there, as it usually does.

Besides all of that, I was also feeling a bit weird about being a few short years away from 50 and driving a Camaro. Don't get me wrong, the car is insane and so much fun to drive, but I think it really fit my style and age group much better when I was in my 20's and out looking for trouble on a nightly basis in my 4th gen F-body.
Last edited by CorvetteWaxer on Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

:truk: is always the answer. Nice ZR2!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Devilchrono wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:26 am

I'd love to replace my Colorado with a ZR2, but have no practical reason to at this time since mines only 2 years old and we'll need a bigger family car than the Rav first before the truck will need replaced.
Thanks man.

Yeah, if I had a Colorado already I would not be upgrading that soon. One thing I was telling the sales guy yesterday when we he asked about how I knew so much about the business was that I really haven't ever gone full :plac: and bought the same car again. I mean, I did go from GTI to .:R, and Stingray to Z06, but that's the closest and not the same in my opinion.
Last edited by CorvetteWaxer on Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

#dreamfleet

That’s a pretty good price. Goes to show you how outlandish the JL pricing has become ... fking 54k for a jlu rubicunt for the same type of performance essentially.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:52 am

That’s a pretty good price. Goes to show you how outlandish the JL pricing has become ... fking 54k for a jlu rubicunt for the same type of performance essentially.
Kinda different animals IMO.

Now, if you compared this to the Scrambler/JL Truck I would agree more.

With the Wrangler you can get the top-off, doors off, windshield down experience with an insane aftermarket. I don't think anything else really compares to that.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:48 am :truk: is always the answer. Nice ZR2!
Thanks.

14 hours of ownership and I'm already online shopping for big belt buckles, boots and a hat.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:03 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:52 am

With the Wrangler you can get the top-off, doors off, windshield down experience with an insane aftermarket. I don't think anything else really compares to that.
How often do you do the everything-off experience?
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:52 am
Devilchrono wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:26 am

Thanks man.

Yeah, if I had a Colorado already I would not be upgrading that soon. One thing I was telling the sales guy yesterday when we he asked about how I knew so much about the business was that I really haven't ever gone full :plac: and bought the same car again. I mean, I did go from GTI to .:R, and Stingray to Z06, but that's the closest and not the same in my opinion.
Only time I've ever done the same car thing was when I traded my 03' v6 Mustang for an 03' Mach1. When the time comes to replace the Colorado, I'll probably get another one if I don't have a need for a FS at that point. While I'd love the new V6/8spd combo, it's not worth the financial hit I'd take dumping my current truck just for those updates, IMO.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:19 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:03 pm

Me? Once. Not the windshield though, on the JKU its a bitch and would scratch everything up. The JL is much simpler and can be done anytime you want..... But these are options people do use all the time. I see them all over the place running around naked. If mine was in a garage and more of a toy without a lot of freeway use, I could see it staying like that for months at a time. I left the roof off my C5 for almost a year.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Devilchrono wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:27 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:52 am

Thanks man.

Only time I've ever done the same car thing was when I traded my 03' v6 Mustang for an 03' Mach1. When the time comes to replace the Colorado, I'll probably get another one if I don't have a need for a FS at that point. While I'd love the new V6/8spd combo, it's not worth the financial hit I'd take dumping my current truck just for those updates, IMO.
I think that's different enough... I was talking about just buying the same spec car, even if only 1 model year newer again... like :plac: with the GTI/Charger/GTI/Charger/GTI/...... At one point he bought back his GTI from the dealer he traded it to, IIRC.
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Waxer - WOW! That is a scary story. I can see why you would be looking for something to handle the conditions and meet some other needs. Thanks for the story. The 370Z was also a mess in the rain. Forum full of folks hydroplaning around as well. Can happen to any car really. Best of luck with the new truck. Size wise its a nice proportion as well.

Interested in your Jeep vs Truck thoughts now that you will/do have both.

Wife is smart to think like she does for you and offer options!! Thats a good thing when the Plac man cometh :)
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:36 pm
Detroit wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:19 pm
Me? Once. Not the windshield though, on the JKU its a bitch and would scratch everything up. The JL is much simpler and can be done anytime you want..... But these are options people do use all the time. I see them all over the place running around naked. If mine was in a garage and more of a toy without a lot of freeway use, I could see it staying like that for months at a time. I left the roof off my C5 for almost a year.
That's my point. People think it's way more fun than it actually is or how often they actually use it. With the soft top on our JK, we had it down a lot...but when it was up, it was not pleasurable at all. The Colorado is so much nicer to drive day-to-day.