Waxer's Haus of Wax

Strut your greasy stuff!
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

[user not found] wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:22 pm Fuck it. 812 Superfast or bust.
Nice way to commute! :like: or entertain the workforce at the office :)

https://jalopnik.com/this-twin-supercha ... 1824262709
Davestr

max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Davestr wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:12 pm Option Vette - https://jalopnik.com/the-first-new-zr1- ... 1824243496
Wow streetspeed got picked up by jalop dude is living the :troywax: dream
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Davestr wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:12 pm Option Vette - https://jalopnik.com/the-first-new-zr1- ... 1824243496
My next vette will be a ME/C8. No reason to get a ZR1 when I have the Z06 for the street.

This tho.....hmmm the refresh is coming though and might give me some buyers remorse....

https://circleporsche.com/inventory/new ... ic+1729545
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:24 pm
My next vette will be a ME/C8. No reason to get a ZR1 when I have the Z06 for the street.

This tho.....hmmm the refresh is coming though and might give me some buyers remorse....

Great car. I don't even know how you can compare it to a Corvette. Different league of vehicle. That said... 570s is also a very interesting option.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

If you have the money this is the way to depart Corvettelyfe.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:46 pm

If you have the money this is the way to depart Corvettelyfe.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Ride off into the sunset with Hooters food to-go, and a Hooter’s girl calendar ready for proper pinnage on the wall.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

If you start a case with your :dillerman: , I MIGHT be able to get it escalated. PM me if you want.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Davestr

Makes sense on the Vette end.

The Gt3 is nice. I wouldnt worry about the refresh. GT3 and RS are good value holders for new. Go test it....worst case you buy, worst case you dont. Win win and it satisfies the curiosity. The refresh probably wont feel all that different.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

GT3 would be :tits:.

:doit:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

I vote for the RS5 Sportback or Coupe. Then hold out until you can snag a Zora.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:13 pm I vote for the RS5 Sportback or Coupe. Then hold out until you can snag a Zora.
Wife actually likes the GT3 idea, but I think I want to keep the Z06 and later get the Zora.

Probably going to go checkout the RS5 and maybe a TTRS this week.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:59 pm
wap wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:13 pm I vote for the RS5 Sportback or Coupe. Then hold out until you can snag a Zora.
Wife actually likes the GT3 idea, but I think I want to keep the Z06 and later get the Zora.

First model year Corvette? :nope:
TTRS.... :nope: it is just so god damn girly looking.
GT3 :fuckyeah:
RS5 makes a ton of sense for a daily
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:megusta:

:wap: approved. :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

GT3

/bread
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

After sleeping on it I think I decided on the final answer.

I will take the JLU as my daily.
JKU goes away.
1LE goes away.
Wife gets something generic like a smaller crossover for her 2 mile commute and around town stuff.
Z06 stays.

The JLU will be fine for my commute when the weather isn't great, and won't almost kill me like the 1LE tried to do in the rain about a week ago. Literally thought I was going to end up with it totalled and me possibly hurt.

Going to save the bigger money toys for when I don't have to do the commute and pile on the miles for no good reason, shouldn't be that long anyway.. Makes zero sense to me to put 30k+ miles a year on a GT3.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:26 pm After sleeping on it I think I decided on the final answer.

JKU goes away.
1LE goes away.
Wife gets something generic like a smaller crossover for her 2 mile commute and around town stuff.
Z06 stays.

The JLU will be fine for my commute when the weather isn't great, and won't almost kill me like the 1LE tried to do in the rain about a week ago. Literally thought I was going to end up with it totalled and me possibly hurt.

Going to save the bigger money toys for when I don't have to do the commute and pile on the miles for no good reason, shouldn't be that long anyway.. Makes zero sense to me to put 30k+ miles a year on a GT3.
You haven't put that many miles on the 1LE or the Z06, why would the GT3 get more than their combined miles. You have other vehicles to split the mileage... Like the JLU :notsure:

offing the defective 1LE makes sense... Z06 makes sense. Getting the JLU well that's a given it is almost here. Then getting wife something like a Macan and offing the JKU also makes sense. This way you have a JLU as a daily and a GT3 as a fun car. 3 cars for 2 people seems plenty, get her the "Turbo" macan and then drive that on the days you drove the Slowmaro and leave her the JLU at that point.

Voila... problem solved, everyone is driving a different car that is much nicer than before. And you don't have to add any extras into the stable.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:40 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:26 pm After sleeping on it I think I decided on the final answer.

JKU goes away.
1LE goes away.
Z06 stays.

You haven't put that many miles on the 1LE or the Z06, why would the GT3 get more than their combined miles. You have other vehicles to split the mileage... Like the JLU :notsure:

offing the defective 1LE makes sense... Z06 makes sense. Getting the JLU well that's a given it is almost here. Then getting wife something like a Macan and offing the JKU also makes sense. This way you have a JLU as a daily and a GT3 as a fun car. 3 cars for 2 people seems plenty, get her the "Turbo" macan and then drive that on the days you drove the Slowmaro and leave her the JLU at that point.

Voila... problem solved, everyone is driving a different car that is much nicer than before. And you don't have to add any extras into the stable.
In the last calendar year I had the BMW for 3.5 months as well, and drove the JKU when the wife was off work for the breaks she gets as a teacher a few times.

I think if I spend $180k on a car, racking the miles on the commute is stupid and I would be driving it almost every single day it wasn't raining because..... it cost me $180k.

Would rather keep that money invested and buy it later when I can drive it 100% for enjoyment, and it will be a year or three newer with any updates to the new car.

Plus, I have two checks here totalling $139k that I have to send off to the Internal Revenue Service and CA Franchise Tax Board that make me not want to spend $180k on a car right now that I will debate driving excessively for no enjoyment and potentially killing it's value.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:54 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:40 pm

In the last calendar year I had the BMW for 3.5 months as well, and drove the JKU when the wife was off work for the breaks she gets as a teacher a few times.

I think if I spend $180k on a car, racking the miles on the commute is stupid and I would be driving it almost every single day it wasn't raining because..... it cost me $180k.

Would rather keep that money invested and buy it later when I can drive it 100% for enjoyment, and it will be a year or three newer with any updates to the new car.

Plus, I have two checks here totalling $139k that I have to send off to the Internal Revenue Service and CA Franchise Tax Board that make me not want to spend $180k on a car right now that I will debate driving excessively for no enjoyment and potentially killing it's value.
Right so the fuck do you care if the GT3 is depreciating if you enjoy it enjoy it. If you wanted to save money you'd drive a Prius. The option I presented would allow you to have two other vehicles that you can use on the "shitty" days.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:57 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:54 pm

Right so the fuck do you care if the GT3 is depreciating if you enjoy it enjoy it. If you wanted to save money you'd drive a Prius. The option I presented would allow you to have two other vehicles that you can use on the "shitty" days.
No, I'm saying I would enjoy it less on the commute and more if it was more of a daily when my daily means hitting the fun roads because I don't need to work.

Also, the thing that kills me every time I go through this is that I680 has been a bitch on my cars. So many broken windshields, way too much rock chip damage. Would really not want to drive that car on that road all the time. Money or not, when shit gets messed up and I have to fix it I start losing the desire to keep the car because it's always going to be "patched" in my mind. Kind of like why I don't buy used since I can only speculate how much shit was repaired/replaced and being not 100% sure it was done correctly.

I've got issues with this stuff.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:03 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:57 pm

No, I'm saying I would enjoy it less on the commute and more if it was more of a daily when my daily means hitting the fun roads because I don't need to work.

Also, the thing that kills me every time I go through this is that I680 has been a bitch on my cars. So many broken windshields, way too much rock chip damage. Would really not want to drive that car on that road all the time. Money or not, when shit gets messed up and I have to fix it I start losing the desire to keep the car because it's always going to be "patched" in my mind. Kind of like why I don't buy used since I can only speculate how much shit was repaired/replaced and being not 100% sure it was done correctly.

Yea I hear you 100% even though my car is a lease and not that nice. I prefer to take the crown vic on certain days, because a black car needs a wash after every rainstorm otherwise it looks like garbage. 680 potholes make you cringe and those lovely quarry trucks all over the place.

But why not drive the JLU to work? seems fun enough... or the macan as mentioned.GT3 is pretty much a weekend car, doing that commute would be utterly uncomfortable.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:09 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:03 pm

Yea I hear you 100% even though my car is a lease and not that nice. I prefer to take the crown vic on certain days, because a black car needs a wash after every rainstorm otherwise it looks like garbage. 680 potholes make you cringe and those lovely quarry trucks all over the place.

But why not drive the JLU to work? seems fun enough... or the macan as mentioned.GT3 is pretty much a weekend car, doing that commute would be utterly uncomfortable.
If I did the GT3 I would not be getting something else for the wife, she would have the JLU.

Her reasoning was sound... a car up to $200k should mean ONE car... or I should have two that total up to $200K, but having ~$250K in cars and $40-$50k in motorcycles for just me is crazy.

I couldn't really argue that point, so I will live with it.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote:

JKU goes away.
1LE goes away.
Z06 stays.

Forgot the pickup :truk:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:05 pm

First model year Corvette? :nope:
TTRS.... :nope: it is just so god damn girly looking.
GT3 :fuckyeah:
RS5 makes a ton of sense for a daily
Makes no difference when you're going to Plac it in a year anyway.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.