Waxer's Haus of Wax

Strut your greasy stuff!
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:38 pm
Devilchrono wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:27 pm

Only time I've ever done the same car thing was when I traded my 03' v6 Mustang for an 03' Mach1. When the time comes to replace the Colorado, I'll probably get another one if I don't have a need for a FS at that point. While I'd love the new V6/8spd combo, it's not worth the financial hit I'd take dumping my current truck just for those updates, IMO.
I think that's different enough... I was talking about just buying the same spec car, even if only 1 model year newer again... like :plac: with the GTI/Charger/GTI/Charger/GTI/...... At one point he bought back his GTI from the dealer he traded it to, IIRC.
I would agree it's probably different enough, was more or less making a point I guess. And yea, what :plac: did is just :datass: :fullretard: :mindblown: because it was such a waste.

Can't really wait to see what you do with the truck and then how it compares to the JLU once you get it.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:42 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:36 pm

Me? Once. Not the windshield though, on the JKU its a bitch and would scratch everything up. The JL is much simpler and can be done anytime you want..... But these are options people do use all the time. I see them all over the place running around naked. If mine was in a garage and more of a toy without a lot of freeway use, I could see it staying like that for months at a time. I left the roof off my C5 for almost a year.
That's my point. People think it's way more fun than it actually is or how often they actually use it. With the soft top on our JK, we had it down a lot...but when it was up, it was not pleasurable at all. The Colorado is so much nicer to drive day-to-day.
And it is a much better value... too bad there is no suv based off this platform ...
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Hardwired the V1 in the truck this afternoon.

Weird though, I couldn't get power from the wires behind the mirror like everyone claims. When I used the wires they say work my mirror light would go from green to red and the V1 wouldn't power on. Instead, for now I plugged my SAVVY into the OBD2 port and tucked the wire up the weatherstripping for the door and behind the A pillar and over to the detector. I would just leave this, but the OBD2 port is close to the e-brake pedal and I know I'm going to kick the Savvy dongle.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:54 pm Oh, fuck. Another ZR2. :jelly:

I drove one a few months ago - they drive nice. However it also reminded me of how nice my 2006 Bro-4X drives, as well, with the OEM Bilsteins.

Nice :truk:
Thanks man. BTW, great pics on the cleanup job on IG.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:04 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:48 am :truk: is always the answer. Nice ZR2!
Thanks.

14 hours of ownership and I'm already online shopping for big belt buckles, boots and a hat.
:lolol:

Grats on the :truk: , :waxer:

Looks :megusta: in silver!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:06 pm HmmmImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
OTPHJ worthy

I like it! Your story about the 1LE in the rain sounded horrifying. Glad you didn't get in a wreck in that. Super wide tires with shallow tread plus standing water is a recipe for trouble for sure.

Can't wait to hear how this compares to the JL. :like:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I like the silver and black. Raiders brah.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:35 am I like the silver and black. Raiders brah.
I should fly my Redskins banner in it... or for people around here a 49ers setup.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:22 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:06 pm HmmmImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
OTPHJ worthy

I like it! Your story about the 1LE in the rain sounded horrifying. Glad you didn't get in a wreck in that. Super wide tires with shallow tread plus standing water is a recipe for trouble for sure.

Thanks man.

Yeah, that ride was sketchy at best. First time I've really been worried while driving in a very long time.

I'm driving the ZR2 exclusively until the JL arrives, then will switch and compare after a few weeks.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Detroit wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:19 pm
How often do you do the everything-off experience?
Me? Once. Not the windshield though, on the JKU its a bitch and would scratch everything up. The JL is much simpler and can be done anytime you want..... But these are options people do use all the time. I see them all over the place running around naked. If mine was in a garage and more of a toy without a lot of freeway use, I could see it staying like that for months at a time. I left the roof off my C5 for almost a year.
so wait. Did you cancel the JL order? You still have the JK and this new hotness of ZR2?

Are the z06 and camaro still in stable?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:26 am

so wait. Did you cancel the JL order? You still have the JK and this new hotness of ZR2?

Camaro is gone, JK awaits replacement by JL, Z06 remains.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:29 am

:dat:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

To summarize, current stable is:

2015 JKU Hard Rock
2016 Z06/Z07
2018 ZR2
2018 JLU Rubicon - waiting for a train
2017 Ducati Monster 1200R
2018 Harley Davidson Road King Special
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:19 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:22 am

OTPHJ worthy

Thanks man.

Yeah, that ride was sketchy at best. First time I've really been worried while driving in a very long time.

I'm driving the ZR2 exclusively until the JL arrives, then will switch and compare after a few weeks.
I had a similar thing happen on a snow/ice covered overpass in my GTI on bald all seasons :yikes:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

good. good. Maro was pretty short lived then. Im really curious about your ZR2 experience.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:56 am

good. good. Maro was pretty short lived then. Im really curious about your ZR2 experience.
I got the Camaro on April 10th 2017, got rid of it on April 7th 2018.

Only downer is that if I really knew I was going to get rid of it I wouldn't have paid the DMV the registration money.... $521.00 wasted.

Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:47 pm
dubshow wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:56 am

I got the Camaro on April 10th 2017, got rid of it on April 7th 2018.

Only downer is that if I really knew I was going to get rid of it I wouldn't have paid the DMV the registration money.... $521.00 wasted.

If only people knew the suffering we endure. :D :like:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

JLU has been sitting waiting for a train for 34 days.

I finally got a customer service person at Jeep to commit to escalating the issue and fill out the forms. I should hear back tomorrow or Tuesday...... supposedly.

At this point I'm getting pretty ticked off though and it's souring the thought of getting the JL, especially since I have the ZR2 now.

There better be some incentive to keep the order and wait on Jeep's part, otherwise I feel like a visit to another dealership is in order.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:06 pm JLU has been sitting waiting for a train for 34 days.

I finally got a customer service person at Jeep to commit to escalating the issue and fill out the forms. I should hear back tomorrow or Tuesday...... supposedly.

At this point I'm getting pretty ticked off though and it's souring the thought of getting the JL, especially since I have the ZR2 now.

There better be some incentive to keep the order and wait on Jeep's part, otherwise I feel like a visit to another dealership is in order.
:doit: :nuke: :fuckyeah: :plac: :jeep: :well:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:06 pm JLU has been sitting waiting for a train for 34 days.

:well:
:(
Hang in there a little longer and let the service person do their job.
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

WTF...........refund the rip-off destination charge, as it is not at your destination. Basic logistics......jeez
wap

Davestr wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:34 am

WTF...........refund the rip-off destination charge, as it is not at your destination. Basic logistics......jeez
Great suggestion.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:49 am
Davestr wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:34 am

Great suggestion.
Useless people at FCA. The rep read me a statement from the "Brand Mentor" stating that my vehicle is "in transit" and on schedule for a delivery, but there is no ETA or movement. So, I went on a 20 minute conversation with her about how the comment was useless as well as a lie after she told me there was no further escalation path.

They can offer me nothing at this point, even though newer built Jeeps are getting on trains while mine waits. I basically told her that FCA was clearly failing and that they were very close to becoming like Ford, dead to me and I would be their biggest heckler to anyone I know.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:14 pm
wap wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:49 am

Great suggestion.
Useless people at FCA. The rep read me a statement from the "Brand Mentor" stating that my vehicle is "in transit" and on schedule for a delivery, but there is no ETA or movement. So, I went on a 20 minute conversation with her about how the comment was useless as well as a lie after she told me there was no further escalation path.

They can offer me nothing at this point, even though newer built Jeeps are getting on trains while mine waits. I basically told her that FCA was clearly failing and that they were very close to becoming like Ford, dead to me and I would be their biggest heckler to anyone I know.
Did you get to hear her cry or was she able to maintain composure until after she hung up?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:22 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:14 pm

Did you get to hear her cry or was she able to maintain composure until after she hung up?
She admitted that it was messed up and even said she agreed with me when I told her that clearly the Jeep brand has been tarnished by the whole FCA imminent failure scenario.