The :baby: :baby: :baby: chronicles

Strut your greasy stuff!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

So now the race is on. Who is going to :plac: their tractor first? Johnny or Coogles?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:36 pm So now the race is on. Who is going to :plac: their tractor first? Johnny or Coogles?
They only offered $28.5k, so probably won't be me. :lol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:00 pm Trade fun new STI with two sets of :ramz: for a used automatic gray Audi? :butwhy:

They're quick and quiet but not fun.
:dat:

I'd rather drive the rice harvesting tractor and I detest Subaru. :iono:

I guess I'm just :gay: .
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:36 pm So now the race is on. Who is going to :plac: their tractor first? Johnny or Coogles?
I'm perfectly content with my car :iono:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:14 pm
Being content is for poors. You'd be happy in a JL.
Johnny_P

SAWCE wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:48 pm

:fuckyeah: :wasteful:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:48 pm

:notbad:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

coogles wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:10 am
:dang: that's pretty lowish you can likely get 32-33 PP
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:26 pm
coogles wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:10 am

:dat: I'd also check Carmax and see what they'd give you for it. Or do that KBB guaranteed value :bs: and see if that bumps up the number a bit.

But, his is a high option one and they do take a harder hit. :sad:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:48 am
max225 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:26 pm

:dat: I'd also check Carmax and see what they'd give you for it. Or do that KBB guaranteed value :bs: and see if that bumps up the number a bit.

If I remember correctly the residual on the base model leases was 67 or 68%, mine was 63%. The Limiteds definitely don't maintain their value like the base models, especially when they have a shit ton of port installed options on them like mine. I got mine for ~$39.8k, but the MSRP was just over $42k. A couple months ago I saw some like mine retailing for $37-$38, but now it seems like prices are down closer to $35k at retail. Even at that price I'd expect to get $31-$32 on trade, $28.5 is a non-starter.

I wasn't really all that sure I wanted to sell the thing anyway, but with an offer like that it's not even worth considering, and I really don't feel like dealing with selling the thing PP when I don't have the title.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:00 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:48 am

If I remember correctly the residual on the base model leases was 67 or 68%, mine was 63%. The Limiteds definitely don't maintain their value like the base models, especially when they have a shit ton of port installed options on them like mine. I got mine for ~$39.8k, but the MSRP was just over $42k. A couple months ago I saw some like mine retailing for $37-$38, but now it seems like prices are down closer to $35k at retail. Even at that price I'd expect to get $31-$32 on trade, $28.5 is a non-starter.

I wasn't really all that sure I wanted to sell the thing anyway, but with an offer like that it's not even worth considering, and I really don't feel like dealing with selling the thing PP when I don't have the title.
Yeah fuck Subaru in that regard. They load up their cars with port horseshit which has exactly zero resale value. You got a decent amount off MSRP though, so that limits the hit. I'd agree that $31-32k would be fair. You could tell :dillerman: that you'd accept $32k and when he comes back with $31k shake his hand :doe:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Insane levels of door panel buzzing today. :triggered: Nice timing, scoob.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:30 pm Insane levels of door panel buzzing today. :triggered: Nice timing, scoob.
lol
My defroster vents buzz up by the windshield. Usually just put the defroster on to heat them up and they stop.
Eh, it's a cheap car at its base, these things are to be expected I think.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Why sell it :doe: :dill: wasn’t there so let the inner :plac: go
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Well that was fun.

:fuckyeah:

I was a huge :pussy: about it all at first, but after a couple really shitty attempts I was stringing "corners" together and having a blast. I had 3 or 4 other cars come in to drift with me while I was over there too. "Hey, that looks like fun!" :lol:

Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

coogles wrote:Well that was fun.

:fuckyeah:

I was a huge :pussy: about it all at first, but after a couple really shitty attempts I was stringing "corners" together and having a blast. I had 3 or 4 other cars come in to drift with me while I was over there too. "Hey, that looks like fun!" :lol:

Rally car bro!

Seriously, even my wrx was a hoot in the snow on proper tyres.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
Johnny_P

:lolol: :fuckyeah:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Snow is the only time I miss my WRX. It was a terrific hoonmobile
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Apex
Drives: Abominable

4zilch wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:22 pm Snow is the only time I miss my WRX. It was a terrific hoonmobile
:dat:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Got the parcel shelf rattle TSB done this morning, no more buzzing around 1500rpm. :fuckyeah: The noise pipe delete MAF tube and firewall plug arrived yesterday as well. Will hopefully get those installed soon and provide impressions.

:csb: :whocares:
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:24 am Got the parcel shelf rattle TSB done this morning, no more buzzing around 1500rpm. :fuckyeah: The noise pipe delete MAF tube and firewall plug arrived yesterday as well. Will hopefully get those installed soon and provide impressions.

:csb: :whocares:
What did they do for the shelf? Been debating letting the grease monkeys work on this.
Interested to hear impressions on the noise pipe. I like the turbo wheezing and whistling noises though but I realize I'm probably in the minority.

IMO 2 things would make this car exceptional.
1) Less retarded throttle
2) Less bouncy suspension
That's about it, I love everything else.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:09 am What did they do for the shelf? Been debating letting the grease monkeys work on this.
Interested to hear impressions on the noise pipe. I like the turbo wheezing and whistling noises though but I realize I'm probably in the minority.

Service advisor said they just remove the rear shelf, put foam tape all over the place where the TSB tells them to, and reinstall. Something you could easily do yourself, but eh, it's free. :aintcare:

I like the turBRO noises at full throttle, but rarely do I have the chance to do that in the city. Usually I'm just barely getting into boost even when I'm driving somewhat like an asshat, and the vacuum cleaner noises that sound tube makes under partial throttle situations are :disgust: IMO.

Agree with you on both of the last two things. Both are easy enough to fix in the aftermarket, but one will fuck your warranty and the other is :waxer: (Ohlins). Still a great car.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:51 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:09 am What did they do for the shelf? Been debating letting the grease monkeys work on this.

Service advisor said they just remove the rear shelf, put foam tape all over the place where the TSB tells them to, and reinstall. Something you could easily do yourself, but eh, it's free. :aintcare:

I like the turBRO noises at full throttle, but rarely do I have the chance to do that in the city. Usually I'm just barely getting into boost even when I'm driving somewhat like an asshat, and the vacuum cleaner noises that sound tube makes under partial throttle situations are :disgust: IMO.

Agree with you on both of the last two things. Both are easy enough to fix in the aftermarket, but one will fuck your warranty and the other is :waxer: (Ohlins). Still a great car.
I wonder if there's a flatbrim out there that would trade a regular WRX's suspension with the STI's. Not that I'd do it but that would probably be fine, honestly. No need to go coilovers IMO the WRX rode pretty decently. The bounce/buck motions are what fucks me up, because couple that with the stupid throttle and it gets hard for me to control the car from surging and huge throttle induced bucking over bad roads at low (sub 15 MPH) speeds.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

You can fix bouncing with good shocks, but I've tried to tell you that multiple times already and you'd rather whine about it than fix it.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:54 am I wonder if there's a flatbrim out there that would trade a regular WRX's suspension with the STI's. Not that I'd do it but that would probably be fine, honestly. No need to go coilovers IMO the WRX rode pretty decently. The bounce/buck motions are what fucks me up, because couple that with the stupid throttle and it gets hard for me to control the car from surging and huge throttle induced bucking over bad roads at low (sub 15 MPH) speeds.
I definitely wouldn't care for the height adjustment, I'd get the Ohlins just for the quality of dampers they come with. I don't know if anyone even makes good dampers for this car that aren't part of a coilover setup.