Tar's Adventures with a GoRf Failomatic

Strut your greasy stuff!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:11 pm Oh shit i almost forgot, i jogged back to the crime scene because I had some time to kill while waiting for the tow truk driver and found the culprit.

:thankstrump: Image
:amazing: you fucking delivered and handled this situation like a champ. Pics of everything, even the assault rock! Quick updates and ones that make sense too!

Meanwhile in the other thread ... a world of nothing and whining.

Keep us posted on the repair, I am hoping it isn’t too bad !
The dealer I'm working with is 5/7 so I have that advantage, and I'm hoping the damage is limited to oil pan/belly pan/oil change. I'm not going to worry about the scuff on the front bumper because it's 99% underneath. Another inch taller and that rock would've wreaked havoc on my car.

The only real update today is a quick call from my service advisor who wanted to let me know that they likely won't get to my car until Monday, and the inspection is typically $65 if its just external damage and possibly $120 (1 hr labor) if its to dig deeper for a better look. That gets absorbed somehow if the repair is done at their shop. He also asked me if I want the car washed or not. :wub:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tarspin wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:44 pm
max225 wrote: :amazing: you fucking delivered and handled this situation like a champ. Pics of everything, even the assault rock! Quick updates and ones that make sense too!

The dealer I'm working with is 5/7 so I have that advantage, and I'm hoping the damage is limited to oil pan/belly pan/oil change. I'm not going to worry about the scuff on the front bumper because it's 99% underneath. Another inch taller and that rock would've wreaked havoc on my car.

The only real update today is a quick call from my service advisor who wanted to let me know that they likely won't get to my car until Monday, and the inspection is typically $65 if its just external damage and possibly $120 (1 hr labor) if its to dig deeper for a better look. That gets absorbed somehow if the repair is done at their shop. He also asked me if I want the car washed or not. :wub:
When life gives you lemons...
Lemonade :like:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Tarspin wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:44 pm
max225 wrote: :amazing: you fucking delivered and handled this situation like a champ. Pics of everything, even the assault rock! Quick updates and ones that make sense too!

What a bunch of crooks. Quoting diag towards final repair?

Bastards.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:44 pm The dealer I'm working with is 5/7 so I have that advantage, and I'm hoping the damage is limited to oil pan/belly pan/oil change. I'm not going to worry about the scuff on the front bumper because it's 99% underneath. Another inch taller and that rock would've wreaked havoc on my car.

When life gives you lemons...
Lemonade :like:
Lol, true, true. :like:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:44 pm The dealer I'm working with is 5/7 so I have that advantage, and I'm hoping the damage is limited to oil pan/belly pan/oil change. I'm not going to worry about the scuff on the front bumper because it's 99% underneath. Another inch taller and that rock would've wreaked havoc on my car.

Bastards.
:iswydt:

To add to the grievances one can argue that waiting until Monday is not fair! :snowflake:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tarspin wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:05 pm
fledonfoot wrote:

Bastards.

To add to the grievances one can argue that waiting until Monday is not fair! :snowflake:
At least you have a free loaner :thisisfine:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:05 pm :iswydt:

At least you have a free loaner :thisisfine:
:dat:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:05 pm
fledonfoot wrote:

Bastards.

:aintcare:
More time for shitty hibachi.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Free loaners make everything better.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote:Free loaners make everything better.

In it's leatherette upscale form with the led lighting package, sunroof, and large touch screen the tsi is proving to be a nice place to spend time during a morning commute or in my case zfg mall crawling. I took the unit to costco, parked up close to the main entrance full :aintcare: attitude. I feel totally immune to the stresses of door swinging morans and possible stone chips. It's a 5/7 feeling to derp in someone else's liability.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:18 pm
Gberg2119 wrote:Free loaners make everything better.

In it's leatherette upscale form with the led lighting package, sunroof, and large touch screen the tsi is proving to be a nice place to spend time during a morning commute or in my case zfg mall crawling. I took the unit to costco, parked up close to the main entrance full :aintcare: attitude. I feel totally immune to the stresses of door swinging morans and possible stone chips. It's a 5/7 feeling to derp in someone else's liability.
:fuckyeah:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I received my update in email and I am taking this morning off to personally inspect the damage for myself. The email I received floored me!

From my boy at VW dillerman. Regardless of what I find superficial and remove from the list it will be over $1k so insurance is getting involved this morning. I just want to see if the damage looks like it came from a football sized rock or something new. If i don't like what they show me I may shop for a new dealer after this is said and done.ImageImage
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Holy shit. A new subframe, radiator, and control arm? :dafuq:

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

AND a new Pretoria? How? Did you feel the rock hit your wheel?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote:AND a new Pretoria? How? Did you feel the rock hit your wheel?
The pictures of the rock and direction of trabel prove otherwise unless its the back wheel.

:popcorn: AF on this one. This is not costing me more then my deductible but I'm really curious about the integrity of the shop.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Yea, I feel like they tack on a lot of stuff even if not 100% necessary. 5/7 would go inspect.

Still, sounds like insurance will be your best way to go. If it's like the US, this should fall under comprehensive, which won't screw your rates as much as a collision accident.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

That estimate seems :ludacris:. Definitely check it out. Although now it'll be the battle between insurance trying to fix it for as cheap as possible and the :dillerman: for as much as possible.

That $500 alignment :doe:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

So the dealer is honest about the damage,

Here is what I would change if it were out of pocket:

1.) Rad is fine, the outer bottom ridge is pushed up 2mm but not scratched.. it would stay

2.) The subframe got hit, and so did the control arm, clean it and repaint the contact point

3.) Ram got nicked but it would be left alone

With these changes made 90% of the labor would be scrubbed off and it would be a $800 bill for new oil pan/oil change and the noise dampener pan/can of rust paint.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Ram pictured. :whocares: Image
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Radiator dented on the front corner: Image
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Subframe and control arm hit:

These was once a a bubble/ripple along the subframe edge that touches the control arm, the bubble was pushed flat by the rock but that whole area needs a light sanding and repainting and it would be fine. :thisisfine: lolImage
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Oil pan.... should buff right out :trollface: Image
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:Yea, I feel like they tack on a lot of stuff even if not 100% necessary. 5/7 would go inspect.

Still, sounds like insurance will be your best way to go. If it's like the US, this should fall under comprehensive, which won't screw your rates as much as a collision accident.
Its the same as the US. No rate change is expected but who knows nowadays. Either way they are going to get the bill. It's why I pay them :ludacris: deposits of cash every month.

I'm kind of pissed off that some fuck tard stacks his :truk: with material in such an irresponsible way. It not the first time I have had to drive over building materials in the middle of the road.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote:That estimate seems :ludacris:. Definitely check it out. Although now it'll be the battle between insurance trying to fix it for as cheap as possible and the :dillerman: for as much as possible.

That $500 alignment :doe:
:dat: :knot:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Yea, all that damage is what I expected. Keep most of that stuff that's barely "damaged". You may want to keep the cost down anyway to reduce the chance of :knot: from insurance. :iono:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.