2021 :plac: life!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:35 pm Image
:amazing:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Merry Toyotathon, FTW!
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:55 am
[user not found] wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:08 am

Been too busy looking around, I guess.

Did Tarspin spec the Toyota Exclusive premium bumper dent package?
I specifically asked for the dents to be preinstalled. 2022 Camry Hybrid SE Upgrade (moon roof/dimming mirror/headed wheel and some additional bs). Celestial silver metallic on some vegan dark grey/black pleather with cloth insert heated seats. I need to :scrooge: for the next few years and this move will save me a few bucks on fuel (2k/yr) and VW related repairs.

Here are the dents pictured in the color of choice:
Are those quad exhaust tips on the hybrid?

Gotta say, this thing is legit :notbad: looking overall.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:14 am
Merry Toyotathon, FTW!
Certainly rings true here this year. My 4R, your Camry, Fled's 86 (eventually), probably other Toyota transactions I'm forgetting.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:20 am
Tarspin wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:14 am

Merry Toyotathon, FTW!
Certainly rings true here this year. My 4R, your Camry, Fled's 86 (eventually), probably other Toyota transactions I'm forgetting.
Hopefully my GR86 comes along in 2022.

:mk6: > :poorvette: > :truk: > :jeep: > :gorf: Toyota?

Not really the direction I expected the crew to go, but here we are. If other manufacturers could just release some compelling shit.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:31 am

Not really the direction I expected the crew to go, but here we are. If other manufacturers could just release some compelling shit.
Hey man some of the crew is doing some :fullretard: shit out here.
ChrisoftheNorth

I'm still :mindblown: that Toyota of all OEMs is the one making the compelling shit now.

I'm VERY :popcorn: on the GR Corolla.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:33 am

I'm still :mindblown: that Toyota of all OEMs is the one making the compelling shit now.

Don’t forget that Ford actually brought out some transformative shit also.
Bronco
Maverick
Raptor
Mach E
New ranger about to hit…
No small cars :doe:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:45 am

Bronco
Maverick
Raptor
Mach E
New ranger about to hit…
Yea, no fun smaller vehicles, all neat mainstream vehicles (crossovers and trucks). Bronco is cool :doe: but like a Wrangler, I just don't see it as a better DD than a 4R.

Toyota has a few cool off-roaders including SUVs and pickups, soon what might be the most broad mainstream performance portfolio (Corolla GR, BR86, Supra), AND great efficient pods. It's the only OEM I can think of that's covering just about every corner of the market.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:54 am

Bronco
Maverick
Raptor
Mach E
New ranger about to hit…
Yea, no fun smaller vehicles, all neat mainstream vehicles (crossovers and trucks). Bronco is cool :doe: but like a Wrangler, I just don't see it as a better DD than a 4R.

Toyota has a few cool off-roaders including SUVs and pickups, soon what might be the most broad mainstream performance portfolio (Corolla GR, BR86, Supra), AND great efficient pods. It's the only OEM I can think of that's covering just about every corner of the market.
Depends on how you look at it… They are the worlds biggest car maker so they have to right ? VW also has something for everyone depending on which brand you shop for. Completely different ethos tho.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:57 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:54 am

Depends on how you look at it… They are the worlds biggest car maker so they have to right ? VW also has something for everyone depending on which brand you shop for. Completely different ethos tho.
VW has no off-roaders, and no dedicated sports cars. GTI, Golf R, sure...but nothing like a BR86 or Supra.

GM has the Corvette (which is incredible), but no real affordable performance now that the Camaro is all but dead. If you want to off-road, you have to get a ZR2.

Toyota doesn't HAVE to cover the niche corners, yet is anyway. Pretty :impressive: to me.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:18 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:55 am

I specifically asked for the dents to be preinstalled. 2022 Camry Hybrid SE Upgrade (moon roof/dimming mirror/headed wheel and some additional bs). Celestial silver metallic on some vegan dark grey/black pleather with cloth insert heated seats. I need to :scrooge: for the next few years and this move will save me a few bucks on fuel (2k/yr) and VW related repairs.

Here are the dents pictured in the color of choice:
Are those quad exhaust tips on the hybrid?

Gotta say, this thing is legit :notbad: looking overall.
They do quad tips on a V6 version, but I got the one with a battery because I'm a cuck. It's actually comedic, apparently the gas 4 cyl has two tips on the right, and the hybrid has two tips on the left. It's how these gays decipher one another LOL

Also, thank you! I think it looks better then the new civic or some random Jetta/Passat, but some people can argue that ze Germans have better aesthetics... Or did before the recent MK8 releases.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

If I could’ve talked the wife into a sedan, we most likely would have a TRD Camry right now. I would’ve also liked a 4Runner, but finding one around me for a comparable price to what we paid for the Blazer wasn’t happening, and honestly, the interior is dated enough that she wasn’t a fan. Their lineup is by far the best, most wide ranging without having to have niche vehicles for sure, and it’s baffling to me
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Bronco
Maverick
Raptor
Mach E
New ranger about to hit…
Ford is certainly doing a better job than many others... but IMO they were actually where Toyota is today like five years ago - enthusiast choices in every price category/style - FiST, FoST, FoRS, Mustangs from EcoBoost and up, the GT350 which was one of the coolest new cars around at the time...

Now they have a bunch of nice main stream shit but no enthusiast vehicles outside of the Mustang which is now $50K for a GT version that's been around for 10 years and the Bronco. Both are still great vehicles, but I'd say 'yota is pushing the envelope more going :fullretard: on models that make no sense but are awesome (Supra and 86) and also pushing enthusiast oriented main streamers like the GR 'rolla, 4R and Taco.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:21 am

Bronco
Maverick
Raptor
Mach E
New ranger about to hit…
Ford is certainly doing a better job than many others... but IMO they were actually where Toyota is today like five years ago - enthusiast choices in every price category/style - FiST, FoST, FoRS, Mustangs from EcoBoost and up, the GT350 which was one of the coolest new cars around at the time...

Now they have a bunch of nice main stream shit but no enthusiast vehicles outside of the Mustang which is now $50K for a GT version that's been around for 10 years and the Bronco. Both are still great vehicles, but I'd say 'yota is pushing the envelope more going :fullretard: on models that make no sense but are awesome (Supra and 86) and also pushing enthusiast oriented main streamers like the GR 'rolla, 4R and Taco.
:dat: was exactly my point.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

I’ll try to make a thread/write up on the Blazer next time I’m at my computer, cause I’ve actually got quite a few, but the all circle back to the fact that I made the right choice with the purchase of it. Wish there was an aftermarket for it, but it’ll come in time and o don’t foresee us getting rid of this thing anytime in the coming years.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Devilchrono wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:56 pm I’ll try to make a thread/write up on the Blazer next time I’m at my computer, cause I’ve actually got quite a few, but the all circle back to the fact that I made the right choice with the purchase of it. Wish there was an aftermarket for it, but it’ll come in time and o don’t foresee us getting rid of this thing anytime in the coming years.
:nice:

In4review.
max225

Man we already matched the 2020 total even given all the car market insanity
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:15 am
max225 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:03 am Man we already matched the 2020 total even given all the car market insanity
I think this is the first year I’m not on the :plac: list.
There's still time...
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:27 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:51 am
There's still time...
Hell no. :lol:
:yeahok:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:15 am
max225 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:03 am Man we already matched the 2020 total even given all the car market insanity
I think this is the first year I’m not on the :plac: list.
:mindblown:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

Oddly saw my first new BRZ IRL yesterday. It was at a hiking trail head on snow tires. I actually had to take a few secs to realize it was a new one. Looked :tits: :doe:
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:35 am Oddly saw my first new BRZ IRL yesterday. It was at a hiking trail head on snow tires. I actually had to take a few secs to realize it was a new one. Looked :tits: :doe:
Yea it takes a bit of time to see… :notsure: if that’s good or bad
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:38 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:35 am Oddly saw my first new BRZ IRL yesterday. It was at a hiking trail head on snow tires. I actually had to take a few secs to realize it was a new one. Looked :tits: :doe:
Yea it takes a bit of time to see… :notsure: if that’s good or bad
Right. Photos make it look drastically different, but not so much IRL.

This one also had a Japanese front plate and a bunch of ricer stickers and shit on it. They haven't been for sale that long, so this kid was clearly ready to "make it his own" as soon as he got it. That threw me off too and also :disgust:

Because Japanese cars are somewhat rare in Michigan, people seem to feel obligated to go over the top with rice type decorations, especially on BRZ/FRS.