OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:51 am
Tar wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:32 pm The Canada flag was from a local anti lockdown dude... message is still legit doe
What the boots on the ground sitch my dude

It's real, it's bigger than advertised, and it's the biggest national divide we've ever had. Apparently the Prime Minister thinks he may have caught covid, PCR tests negative and he's fully vaxxed so he can go to work but has decided that he should #stayhome #staysafe
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Citizens are joining the march, which claims to be a peaceful demonstration.

Yesterday every major artery in Toronto was clogged up, and the truckers who lead the freedom march are not leaving Ottawa until mandates get dropped or Trudumb resigns.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Tar wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:08 am Citizens are joining the march, which claims to be a peaceful demonstration.

Yesterday every major artery in Toronto was clogged up, and the truckers who lead the freedom march are not leaving Ottawa until mandates get dropped or Trudumb resigns.
Good. I hope they follow through with that statement of resolve.

I saw that the government has turned off traffic cameras in the area where the convoys are. You guys need to oust that fucker unless you like living in a banana republic.
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:22 am
Tar wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:08 am Citizens are joining the march, which claims to be a peaceful demonstration.

I saw that the government has turned off traffic cameras in the area where the convoys are. You guys need to oust that fucker unless you like living in a banana republic.
I know people who are heading up there to support the protest, apparently farmers are starting their journey to Ottawa as well. Realistically, like 10% of the population feels moved by this, much more my age. It'll be :popcorn: fo sure.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Tar wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:39 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:22 am

I know people who are heading up there to support the protest, apparently farmers are starting their journey to Ottawa as well. Realistically, like 10% of the population feels moved by this, much more my age. It'll be :popcorn: fo sure.

Canada population: 38 million times 1% (knocking down your estimate by a factor of 10, on purpose) = 380k
Canada military size: 100k. They can't supress a movement of that size. Turdeau better do as they demand unless he wants the actual government to fail.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

If you have Male children you NEED to read this

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/why-ar ... sting-kids

I pointed out this logic a month ago. Sorry I'm just an engineer and not a journalist.
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:01 pm
But you know, I'm the crazy right wing anti-science guy.

Speaking of science.
let define a thing
Myocarditis-Inflammation of the middle layer of the heart wall. Myocarditis is usually caused by a viral infection. A severe case can weaken the heart, which can lead to heart failure, abnormal heartbeat, and sudden death. Symptoms include chest pain, abnormal heartbeat, and shortness of breath.
Treatment may include medication to regulate the heartbeat and improve heart function. In rare but severe cases, a device may be needed to help the heart function.
Rare
Fewer than 200,000 US cases per year

Lets see what the FDA has been up to with the vax data on young people. This is a risk benefit for TEH BOOSTERS of phaser vax. pew pew.
https://www.fda.gov/media/154869/download

Lets look at the raw data, and review the only table/figure in this memo on page 7
Table 1. Pfizer’s Benefit Risk Analysis
Age Range Age 16-17 years
COVID-19 cases averted 13,843−43,143
Hospitalizations averted 29 to 69
Post-vaccination myocarditis 11-54 (among all 16-17 year olds)
23-69 (among male 16-17 year olds)

Observe how they don't report CI's on this data. What's the take? Well, the cure is just as bad as the disease, and maybe worse with the future unknown risks. All for a virus with *checks notes* a survival rate of 0-19 99.9973% or ~3 deaths per 100k in that age group. IE far less than car crashes and other dumb shit teens get themselves into.

Observe how the recommendation in the conclusion is in direct opposition to the data published within said memo.
Based on the data *snip*, the review team concludes that the data support that the known and
potential benefits outweigh the known and potential risks, and therefore recommends authorization of the
use of a single booster dose of the [vaccine]
"They", whatever power that is even perhaps if it's mass psychosis, are now lying DIRECTLY to all your faces. They are serving you a shit sammich and if you continue to buy into it you are eating it with a smile.
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Looks like someone just used the 'endemic' word. Truckers/farmers/general public don't care, nobody is going anywhere until Trudumb steps down for lock-downs are removed. Even the polite Canadians can turn if provoked badly enough, but 80 or 90° of the population is scared and doesn't mind the lock-downs.

New tune from "health officials":
https://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/ontari ... -1.5756493
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Tar wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:28 pm Looks like someone just used the 'endemic' word. Truckers/farmers/general public don't care, nobody is going anywhere until Trudumb steps down for lock-downs are removed. Even the polite Canadians can turn if provoked badly enough, but 80 or 90° of the population is scared and doesn't mind the lock-downs.

How scared will they be of the supply chain and increased COL due to these truckers as well?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

My direct report just tested Positive for COVID. We were both in close contact yesterday (but not direct, we masked up etc.) as she sits next to me and we walked together through the site.

She told me she is calling out sick this morning due to some very overt but mild symptoms. I had a few at home tests so I took one to her house (I WFH on Fridays so it happened to work out). She was able to test and it immediately came back positive.

Monitoring my symptoms and I will test if I get symptoms or on Sunday so I can figure out my work-week next week. Thankfully our company gives employees who test positive admin leave so they don't burn through their accrued leave.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:29 pm
Tar wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:28 pm Looks like someone just used the 'endemic' word. Truckers/farmers/general public don't care, nobody is going anywhere until Trudumb steps down for lock-downs are removed. Even the polite Canadians can turn if provoked badly enough, but 80 or 90° of the population is scared and doesn't mind the lock-downs.

How scared will they be of the supply chain and increased COL due to these truckers as well?
The mandates restrict USA truckers from entering into Canada unvaccinated.... There goes 50% of the American supply chain, the mandates need to be dropped and in my opinion this is the only way our government will start doing that. Things keep getting worse, the Province of Quebec is instilling a vaccinated only for big box stores including Costco and Walmart. Fuck them.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Tar wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:55 pm
razr390 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:29 pm

The mandates restrict USA truckers from entering into Canada unvaccinated.... There goes 50% of the American supply chain, the mandates need to be dropped and in my opinion this is the only way our government will start doing that. Things keep getting worse, the Province of Quebec is instilling a vaccinated only for big box stores including Costco and Walmart. Fuck them.
mandates will segregate society and well we know that's bad for a whole host of reasons.

It's not even logical. Vaccines protect the individual. If they worked, there would be no need for a mandate.
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:10 am
Tar wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:55 pm

mandates will segregate society and well we know that's bad for a whole host of reasons.

It's not even logical. Vaccines protect the individual. If they worked, there would be no need for a mandate.
I know man, they're so fucked up. I actually like what Europe is proposing to do with cross border traffic. Let's say (for arguments sake) that the vaccines reduce severe side effects :notbad: , and maybe some spread :notsure: , then their proposal makes sense:
Way to cross:
Vaccination status good for 270 days
Covid recovered status good for 180 days
Otherwise:
Negative PCR test gets you across for 72 hrs

Done and done. No drama.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

razr390

max225 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:24 am Image
Some may say the tax paid isn’t monetary.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I have the VID. Mild hack and generally feel like shit. A few chills. It's arrival will have the perfect timing of fucking up a family event. I have to say, that after 23 months, I AM GETTING TIRED OF THIS SHIT. Spouse tested today. I stayed away from her last night with suspicions. Same with Daughter. TBD. Frankly I'd prefer to quarantine by driving my car to Charleston and back with the phone off and the stereo up yo.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Desertbreh wrote:I have the VID. Mild hack and generally feel like shit. A few chills. It's arrival will have the perfect timing of fucking up a family event. I have to say, that after 23 months, I AM GETTING TIRED OF THIS SHIT. Spouse tested today. I stayed away from her last night with suspicions. Same with Daughter. TBD. Frankly I'd prefer to quarantine by driving my car to Charleston and back with the phone off and the stereo up yo.
I would be careful about leaving the wife alone, someone might drop a turd in her mouth.

At any rate hope you feel better dude, and fingers crossed on the fam.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:39 pm I have the VID. Mild hack and generally feel like shit. A few chills. It's arrival will have the perfect timing of fucking up a family event. I have to say, that after 23 months, I AM GETTING TIRED OF THIS SHIT. Spouse tested today. I stayed away from her last night with suspicions. Same with Daughter. TBD. Frankly I'd prefer to quarantine by driving my car to Charleston and back with the phone off and the stereo up yo.
Solid plan. :doit:

Hope you're better soon, Dirk. Glad you're vaxxed.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

rockchops wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:35 pm
Desertbreh wrote:I have the VID. Mild hack and generally feel like shit. A few chills. It's arrival will have the perfect timing of fucking up a family event. I have to say, that after 23 months, I AM GETTING TIRED OF THIS SHIT. Spouse tested today. I stayed away from her last night with suspicions. Same with Daughter. TBD. Frankly I'd prefer to quarantine by driving my car to Charleston and back with the phone off and the stereo up yo.
I would be careful about leaving the wife alone, someone might drop a turd in her mouth.

At any rate hope you feel better dude, and fingers crossed on the fam.
:lolol: :realfax:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:39 pm I have the VID. Mild hack and generally feel like shit. A few chills. It's arrival will have the perfect timing of fucking up a family event. I have to say, that after 23 months, I AM GETTING TIRED OF THIS SHIT. Spouse tested today. I stayed away from her last night with suspicions. Same with Daughter. TBD. Frankly I'd prefer to quarantine by driving my car to Charleston and back with the phone off and the stereo up yo.
:impressive: , looking forward to hearing about your speedy recovery! How did you guys catch it, I thought that you're kind of live a reclusive life? I notice that most people who've have had it stop living in fear, so you can look forward to that at least.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Facebook and Insta working hard to mute anyone who supports protest pics or opinions today. Messed up world we live in.
max225

Tar wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:20 pm Facebook and Insta working hard to mute anyone who supports protest pics or opinions today. Messed up world we live in.
Reddit keeps posting some sort of Nazis in that rally ? And 1000s of comments saying how everyone is a Nazi doing it etc
max225

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tar wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:29 pm
:impressive: , looking forward to hearing about your speedy recovery! How did you guys catch it, I thought that you're kind of live a reclusive life? I notice that most people who've have had it stop living in fear, so you can look forward to that at least.
Spouse is negative as is daughter so far. Given the fact that I'm the only one who got it I'm going to vote gym. I generally am able to and do keep my distance in there, it is sparsely occupied in the morning, but it is filled with
a. Young people who don't give a fuck because odds are in my favor
b. Young people who are asymptomatic for the VID even if they did give a fuck.
c. Lots of young and olds wearing dirty rags on their faces, chin diapers, nose above chin rags etc. (Gotta BREATHE MAN, I'M WORKING OUT.")

I wear KN95 or better, full coverage, no cheating. It was a risk, which so far has paid off. Pretty much a selfish thing like Brandon, sometimes the hour I spend in the gym is the best part of the day.

That said, I really have no fucking idea where I got it. Spouse and I both ate out at an inside joint on Monday night, that would have been perfect incubation time.

Reclusive is a bit of an overstatement I simply do not have large contact groups at work or play. Nor do I care for crowds of any stripe. I would not "risk it" to see Whitesnake live one more time, yo.

As to your fear point, there is definitely part of me that had a "goddammit two years of this bullshit is long enough, lets get it on and get it over with." On the other hand, I have not been chafing under any particular yoke on my "freedoms".........wearing a mask no longer bothers me in the least little bit and they ought to make it mandatory on planes for all eternity. It's just a tool. While restrictions have sucked, basically not being sick for two years has been ayaight. I also do not have young crotchfruit, the man stares back at me in the mirror every morning so no "forced vaccine" issues to fret about, I'm not making any more crotchfruit so any of this MNRa hysteria about reproduction........don't care about that either. I am twice pfizered and once pfizer boosted and I think it would be pretty cavalier to think that doesn't have a fair contribution to my mild symptoms. Other than being taken down for a single day by the second Pfizer I suffered no ill effects from those shots, unlike yourself.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:28 pm
Such Juxtaposition, much irony, wow.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Edit to my last post. There are some OLD FUCKING PEOPLE who go to my gym. 80+. Lot of these dudes are nose over the rag guys. At that age I would not risk the gym, and I would N95 or bust. What they are doing is the same as maskless.