OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:25 pm
Tar wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:20 pm Facebook and Insta working hard to mute anyone who supports protest pics or opinions today. Messed up world we live in.
Reddit keeps posting some sort of Nazis in that rally ? And 1000s of comments saying how everyone is a Nazi doing it etc
There's all walks but that's bullshit. No surprise, not the first time people get pitted against each other with the race card.

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:28 pm
Found one, let's make the other 50+ thousand people fighting to regain some freedom and normality in the most locked down place in North America get labeled with that asshole.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Libs paid someone to put that fuck trudeau ensemble togther to derail the peaceful protest.

Pretty sure this guy isn't a neonazi:

https://instagram.com/stories/m_ozwald_ ... hare_sheet

More pics of evil protester nazis in Canada:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ments.html
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Good morning folks! I woke up EARLY for a startup support task from a client, NBD, for the first time in a long time I'm hopeful and see cracks in the system. Fucking nazi scumbags there or not, the rally in Ottawa has these politicians shook and articles are slowly emerging from our mainstream media supporting the rally. https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnis ... acceptable
It feels like a tipping point, and a freedom to live a normal prepandemic life waits at the end of it. Here's hoping anyways.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:19 pm
Tar wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:29 pm

:impressive: , looking forward to hearing about your speedy recovery! How did you guys catch it, I thought that you're kind of live a reclusive life? I notice that most people who've have had it stop living in fear, so you can look forward to that at least.
Spouse is negative as is daughter so far. Given the fact that I'm the only one who got it I'm going to vote gym. I generally am able to and do keep my distance in there, it is sparsely occupied in the morning, but it is filled with
a. Young people who don't give a fuck because odds are in my favor
b. Young people who are asymptomatic for the VID even if they did give a fuck.
c. Lots of young and olds wearing dirty rags on their faces, chin diapers, nose above chin rags etc. (Gotta BREATHE MAN, I'M WORKING OUT.")

I wear KN95 or better, full coverage, no cheating. It was a risk, which so far has paid off. Pretty much a selfish thing like Brandon, sometimes the hour I spend in the gym is the best part of the day.

That said, I really have no fucking idea where I got it. Spouse and I both ate out at an inside joint on Monday night, that would have been perfect incubation time.

Reclusive is a bit of an overstatement I simply do not have large contact groups at work or play. Nor do I care for crowds of any stripe. I would not "risk it" to see Whitesnake live one more time, yo.

As to your fear point, there is definitely part of me that had a "goddammit two years of this bullshit is long enough, lets get it on and get it over with." On the other hand, I have not been chafing under any particular yoke on my "freedoms".........wearing a mask no longer bothers me in the least little bit and they ought to make it mandatory on planes for all eternity. It's just a tool. While restrictions have sucked, basically not being sick for two years has been ayaight. I also do not have young crotchfruit, the man stares back at me in the mirror every morning so no "forced vaccine" issues to fret about, I'm not making any more crotchfruit so any of this MNRa hysteria about reproduction........don't care about that either. I am twice pfizered and once pfizer boosted and I think it would be pretty cavalier to think that doesn't have a fair contribution to my mild symptoms. Other than being taken down for a single day by the second Pfizer I suffered no ill effects from those shots, unlike yourself.
I haven't given this a response until now because it deserves a second read, thank you for sharing these thoughts. I really enjoyed your visual portrayals of people at your gym 😂

So after that commendable effort, you're not far behind my time-lines for catching the 'vid. The last few months prior to our most recent lockdown, wife and I have been running two kids from music lessons to taekwondo to soccer practice and of course school. We as a family unit have been to gyms, beaches, restaurants, dozens of workplaces, and maintained close contact relationships with some family and a handful of friends that also have kids in extracurricular activities. I guess my point is that there's no escaping transmission unless a person is hell bent on literally doing nothing, which is only possible for a very small population base, and ends with mental and physical health conditions anyways.

This is our rite of passage, and it is terrifying for many. Thankfully vaccines and maybe medications are now available to most people, but for some that's not enough to save them. It saddens me to the core to think of the losses of life, but it's my opinion as a father to two kiddos who need to live a normal life, that life needs to go on.

Last thing, after recovering from the vid it became clear to me that there is a mental divide between those who recovered from it and those who didn't have it yet. There was a family on our local toboggan hill who was basked to the gills, dad in a KN95, kids all wearing small sized medical grade surgeon's masks and mom making sure that the little one had hers on just right. Pops made sure the kids stayed on the side with the smallest crowd, and just looked stressed right out.... on a fucken toboggan hill, thanks to the fear of catching COVID. Now, I'm not knocking that family whatsoever, they are all beautiful people doing their best to stay safe, but I was there before and it is quite restricting. I think eventually they will catch it, recover from it, and leave some of that fear behind. I did, and it's mentally liberating.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Tar wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:38 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:10 am

mandates will segregate society and well we know that's bad for a whole host of reasons.

It's not even logical. Vaccines protect the individual. If they worked, there would be no need for a mandate.
I know man, they're so fucked up. I actually like what Europe is proposing to do with cross border traffic. Let's say (for arguments sake) that the vaccines reduce severe side effects :notbad: , and maybe some spread :notsure: , then their proposal makes sense:
Way to cross:
Vaccination status good for 270 days
Covid recovered status good for 180 days
Otherwise:
Negative PCR test gets you across for 72 hrs

Done and done. No drama.
If it was blood borne, gut, or basically not respiratory those would make sense. This thing has tons of animal reservoirs and animals don't do borders so all these measures do nothing to stop the spread.

That said, I really have no fucking idea where I got it. Spouse and I both ate out at an inside joint on Monday night, that would have been perfect incubation time.

Reclusive is a bit of an overstatement I simply do not have large contact groups at work or play. Nor do I care for crowds of any stripe. I would not "risk it" to see Whitesnake live one more time, yo.

.... they ought to make it mandatory on planes for all eternity. It's just a tool.
First off, hope you have a speedy recovery.

Point 1. A kn95 is a type of respirator and not a mask in the common ventricular so it does likely confer some protection. That being said, gym is a risky place to be if you don't want a respiratory virus. Oh, and masks, even n95s, legit nuckealr and biological level shit, wont do anything to stop source control! they simply are not rated to filter as you exhale, and on a n95 the seal around your face breaks on exhale due to pressure. You cant have source control unless its a scuba rebreather or a space suit. :science:

All that said its probably the restaurant. Time and exposure.

Point two, no. Masks....dont...work! You want to wear it fine, but dont make me. Flying is already shitty enough.
Tar wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:49 am Good morning folks! I woke up EARLY for a startup support task from a client, NBD, for the first time in a long time I'm hopeful and see cracks in the system. Fucking nazi scumbags there or not, the rally in Ottawa has these politicians shook and articles are slowly emerging from our mainstream media supporting the rally. https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnis ... acceptable
It feels like a tipping point, and a freedom to live a normal prepandemic life waits at the end of it. Here's hoping anyways.
Awesome. Its going to be over soon. Just gotta keep the pressure on to stop the madness.

Happy Monday.
https://greenwald.substack.com/p/the-pr ... on-spotify

Glenn is pissed and he is right.
For years, their preferred censorship tactic was to expand and distort the concept of "hate speech” to mean "views that make us uncomfortable,” and then demand that such “hateful” views be prohibited on that basis. For that reason, it is now common to hear Democrats assert, falsely, that the First Amendment's guarantee of free speech does not protect “hate speech." Their political culture has long inculcated them to believe that they can comfortably silence whatever views they arbitrarily place into this category without being guilty of censorship.
In modern-day American liberalism, however, censorship is a virtual religion. They simply cannot abide the idea that anyone who thinks differently or sees the world differently than they should be heard.

https://amgreatness.com/2022/01/29/a-pu ... is-coming/
Nationally and internationally, too many extreme decisions were made in too short a period by too few people with far too little reflection on the broader impact upon society.

In pushing for their preferred remedies of lockdowns, mask mandates, social distancing—as well as flirting with vaccine passports and mandates—our experts intervened like never before in the proper functioning of a free society.

They have made themselves the inevitable target of future investigations and potential retribution.

The reason is simple. The costs associated with their preferred and most extreme form of social control have been enormous. The vast majority have taken the brunt of these policies and have been greatly impoverished in the process.
IE, some people need to go to jail.

https://metatron.substack.com/p/prime-d ... TejJDiO9wA

The people that shouldn't be dying are doing so at a 20-30% higher rate than normal, and its NOT covid-19. I don't care if its lockdown side effects or the vax side effects causing it.... people belong in prison for murder.

edit: and here is the moral hazard of convincing the world that masks work. Because they fucking don't, and now you have people taking risks they otherwise should not.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/just-wea ... 43215.html
Maria Bernal, an employee at a Jack in the Box in Folsom, Calif., couldn’t read the orders popping up on her screen. Her vision was blurry, her hands shook from chills and her head felt heavy.

A pharmacist told her she probably had COVID-19. When she told her boss, the manager told Bernal to keep working.

“Don’t worry, everyone has it, you can still work. Just wear a mask and don’t tell anyone,” the manager said, according to a Jan. 14 complaint Bernal filed with Sacramento County’s public health department.

As the Omicron variant knocked out swaths of the labor force, people in a variety of jobs — fast-food workers, grocery clerks, teachers — say they have been under immense pressure to report to work while feeling sick or having tested positive with the virus.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

:notsure:

It's too bad he will be fine, probably.
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:05 am
Tar wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:38 am

I know man, they're so fucked up. I actually like what Europe is proposing to do with cross border traffic. Let's say (for arguments sake) that the vaccines reduce severe side effects :notbad: , and maybe some spread :notsure: , then their proposal makes sense:
Way to cross:
Vaccination status good for 270 days
Covid recovered status good for 180 days
Otherwise:
Negative PCR test gets you across for 72 hrs

Done and done. No drama.
If it was blood borne, gut, or basically not respiratory those would make sense. This thing has tons of animal reservoirs and animals don't do borders so all these measures do nothing to stop the spread.

.... they ought to make it mandatory on planes for all eternity. It's just a tool.
First off, hope you have a speedy recovery.

Point 1. A kn95 is a type of respirator and not a mask in the common ventricular so it does likely confer some protection. That being said, gym is a risky place to be if you don't want a respiratory virus. Oh, and masks, even n95s, legit nuckealr and biological level shit, wont do anything to stop source control! they simply are not rated to filter as you exhale, and on a n95 the seal around your face breaks on exhale due to pressure. You cant have source control unless its a scuba rebreather or a space suit. :science:

All that said its probably the restaurant. Time and exposure.

Point two, no. Masks....dont...work! You want to wear it fine, but dont make me. Flying is already shitty enough.
Tar wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:49 am Good morning folks! I woke up EARLY for a startup support task from a client, NBD, for the first time in a long time I'm hopeful and see cracks in the system. Fucking nazi scumbags there or not, the rally in Ottawa has these politicians shook and articles are slowly emerging from our mainstream media supporting the rally. https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnis ... acceptable
Awesome. Its going to be over soon. Just gotta keep the pressure on to stop the madness.

Happy Monday.
https://greenwald.substack.com/p/the-pr ... on-spotify

Glenn is pissed and he is right.
For years, their preferred censorship tactic was to expand and distort the concept of "hate speech” to mean "views that make us uncomfortable,” and then demand that such “hateful” views be prohibited on that basis. For that reason, it is now common to hear Democrats assert, falsely, that the First Amendment's guarantee of free speech does not protect “hate speech." Their political culture has long inculcated them to believe that they can comfortably silence whatever views they arbitrarily place into this category without being guilty of censorship.
In modern-day American liberalism, however, censorship is a virtual religion. They simply cannot abide the idea that anyone who thinks differently or sees the world differently than they should be heard.

https://amgreatness.com/2022/01/29/a-pu ... is-coming/
Nationally and internationally, too many extreme decisions were made in too short a period by too few people with far too little reflection on the broader impact upon society.

In pushing for their preferred remedies of lockdowns, mask mandates, social distancing—as well as flirting with vaccine passports and mandates—our experts intervened like never before in the proper functioning of a free society.

They have made themselves the inevitable target of future investigations and potential retribution.

The reason is simple. The costs associated with their preferred and most extreme form of social control have been enormous. The vast majority have taken the brunt of these policies and have been greatly impoverished in the process.
IE, some people need to go to jail.

https://metatron.substack.com/p/prime-d ... TejJDiO9wA

The people that shouldn't be dying are doing so at a 20-30% higher rate than normal, and its NOT covid-19. I don't care if its lockdown side effects or the vax side effects causing it.... people belong in prison for murder.

edit: and here is the moral hazard of convincing the world that masks work. Because they fucking don't, and now you have people taking risks they otherwise should not.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/just-wea ... 43215.html
Maria Bernal, an employee at a Jack in the Box in Folsom, Calif., couldn’t read the orders popping up on her screen. Her vision was blurry, her hands shook from chills and her head felt heavy.

A pharmacist told her she probably had COVID-19. When she told her boss, the manager told Bernal to keep working.

“Don’t worry, everyone has it, you can still work. Just wear a mask and don’t tell anyone,” the manager said, according to a Jan. 14 complaint Bernal filed with Sacramento County’s public health department.

As the Omicron variant knocked out swaths of the labor force, people in a variety of jobs — fast-food workers, grocery clerks, teachers — say they have been under immense pressure to report to work while feeling sick or having tested positive with the virus.
I already acknowledged the risk of the gym in my post.
I'm voting gym v. restaurant because my wife sat next to me and is currently negative. TBD.
KN95s and N95s work to a point, you acknowledge that. Those are my "masks." I have never worn a decorative rag.
I won't be deciding your fate on airplane respiration, as I am decidedly in the minority in terms of my ability to wear an N95 or KN95 without complaint. I can think of a lot of other rules that would be none too popular either, llike requiring anyone who can't squeeze themself in the confines of an imaginary coach seat box to buy a first class ticket. Callout to :mahtroy:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:03 am :notsure:

10 more days to hide. The world is watching.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Also, strangely, and I say this will all sincerity, the VID seems to have HEIGHTENED by sense of taste. Floral notes positively popped on my usual IPA last night and coffee this morning is exquisite.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:15 am Also, strangely, and I say this will all sincerity, the VID seems to have HEIGHTENED by sense of taste. Floral notes positively popped on my usual IPA last night and coffee this morning is exquisite.
:impressive:
The 'vid gave Dirk his very own superpower. :notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:04 am

I already acknowledged the risk of the gym in my post.
I'm voting gym v. restaurant because my wife sat next to me and is currently negative. TBD.
KN95s and N95s work to a point, you acknowledge that. Those are my "masks." I have never worn a decorative rag.
I won't be deciding your fate on airplane respiration, as I am decidedly in the minority in terms of my ability to wear an N95 or KN95 without complaint.
Fair point, but as Diamond Princess (didn't?) teach us, sometimes the way this thing spreads is unpredictable. Several cases of people on that boat isolated in rooms together where 1 person was positive and their roommate was not.
RE: them 95's, as Troy would point out, definitions of words matter as do ratings. I am familiar with these pre-covid, and I would never say the 95's were not potentially useful.

Glad you wont be retiring to the FAA rulemaking committee :lol:
Tar wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:05 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:03 am :notsure:

10 more days to hide. The world is watching.
Yea, the :caspian: part of me thought the exact same thing: good excuse for that sorry sack of shit to hide.
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:15 am Also, strangely, and I say this will all sincerity, the VID seems to have HEIGHTENED by sense of taste. Floral notes positively popped on my usual IPA last night and coffee this morning is exquisite.
Odd indeed. I lost smell a few days and taste was muted but never gone. Hopefully that's a good sign you will kick this things ass quickly.
brain go brrrrrr
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

You likely have that new new strain. Omarion doesn’t always take away the taste although his music does
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:47 pm
You likely have that new new strain. Omarion doesn’t always take away the taste although his music does
Had to Google. :lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

@Eric, godspeed in the recovery, hope that it isn't too terrible.

My sister and niece now have it as well, just as my parents have overcome the :bs:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:01 pm @Eric, godspeed in the recovery, hope that it isn't too terrible.

My sister and niece now have it as well, just as my parents have overcome the :bs:
It's going alright, thanks Dan. Cough is pretty much over. No fever. A lot of temperature variations, hot cold, hot cold. Mentally not too sharp. I'm pissed it ruined my family get together, but at least I haven't infected anyone, yet.

This shit just gets old.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Ontario not there yet, but the protests have done some work:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/c ... d=msedgntp
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Determined little fuckers aren't they...

razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Japan's Kowa says horse cum showed 'antiviral effect' against Omicron in research

https://www.reuters.com/article/health- ... SL1N2UB0AV
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:42 pm Japan's Kowa says horse cum showed 'antiviral effect' against Omicron in research

https://www.reuters.com/article/health- ... SL1N2UB0AV
:like:

Fuck, Brad is going to have a hay-day tomorrow morning. :facepalm:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

LOL IT CORRECTS TO HORSE CUM
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines. ... ctin-data/

Don’t know if fake news but I didn’t have time to sift through all this
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:53 pm https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines. ... ctin-data/

:impressive:

@Omarion doesn’t stand a chance against this kind of data
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:46 pm LOL IT CORRECTS TO HORSE CUM
:lol:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

max225 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:53 pm https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines. ... ctin-data/

pretty sure that's an in vitro (petri dish) study, same as ones used as a basis back in 20
Tar wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:44 pm

:like:

Fuck, Brad is going to have a hay-day tomorrow morning. :facepalm:
Ha. Well both Japan and India should have both been a covid 19 shit show, but they used IVM to help. India started to implement after their first big wave IIRC.
https://rwmalonemd.substack.com/p/socra ... horse cum

It either doesn't work, or it does and this is the most fucked conspiracy theory to come true, ever. I still maintain this should be between youz all and your drs, but the drug as a better safety profile than fucking asprin. And people who will demonize based on news stories that were LITERALLY FAKE by putting in childish word filters are fucking morons.

Said word filter breaks your link as well as mine. I guess that's what you can expect when a manchild sets up a website based on meatspin. But i digress, of course the NIH and the CDC are in on the conspiracy, if this is all true.

I've looked at the raw data for IVM and the results are ok, ie it appears to help but not a ton. Part of the problem is that so many people just survive covid it's hard to conduct big studies and get good statically significant results. IE, if 99 out of 100 cases don't need any interventions, once needs a large trial to determine if giving the drug helps everyone including the 1 that needs intervention. This is also hard because no one wants to run the studies because of the disinformation campaign against IVM; it could ruin them professionally so they go along to get along.

But, you know, if you get a cold and get a headache, you take an aspirin because why the hell not....and this drug is safer than that. Unless it interacts with another treatment (this is where your dr comes in) there is vanishingly little harm in trying it.

The fact that "they" are suppressing this fact and calling it dangerous when it is clearly not is what fuels the conspiracy theories around IVM.

@Tar
lets add more spice to the Canadian protest meme game.

I bet this one will really anger the libs on here. FA&FO
brain go brrrrrr