OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:29 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... &PC=EMMX01

T'was a bold strategy, Cotton.
:fullretard:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:29 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... &PC=EMMX01

T'was a bold strategy, Cotton.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60050996
Her son, Jan Rek, said she got infected on purpose when he and his father had the virus, so she could get a recovery pass to access certain venues.

Mr Rek and his father, who are both fully vaccinated, both caught Covid over Christmas. But he said his mother had decided not to stay away from them, preferring instead to expose herself to the virus.

snip

On Sunday morning, the day she died, Ms Horka said she was feeling better and dressed to go for a walk. But then her back started hurting, so she went to lie down in her bedroom.

"In about 10 minutes it was all over," her son said. "She choked to death".
That sounds fishy dudes, like there were other factors at play in this example.

But, instead of reading a blatant propaganda piece from the US, at least the beeb gave some other insight. Including that the "vaccine" didn't work for son and pops. I'll also say that most persons that are sick enough to choke to death from covid 19 do so in a hospital and were not 'feeling better'

The other point here that is part of the moral hazards of gov vaxports (for experimental medicine no less!) is it puts people in a difficult position and they do dumb shit like this. Perhaps the act of bug chasing made her infection worse. Maybe she had other risk factors and that's why she didn't want vax (which would generally speaking also be a reason to avoid covid). Maybe she didn't want to be part of the mass mRNA experiment. As the media is so quick to point out, 'vaccinated' means 2 doses and maybe like our friend Mario she got the first, had a bad experience, and decided to opt out the second. But she needed that vaxport. Details surrounding this are absent at this time.

Tragic no doubt for family and fans. But people on both sides of what should be a personal decisions need to put it in perspective. In a planet of 6 BILLION people, this was the most famous person we could find this week that was unvaxed and died of covid? Imma chalk this one up to 'shit happens' personally.
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:28 am Nope, not a dangerous virus folks, definitely couldn’t be the case. It’s oTHeR fAcToRs.

:lolol:
Not in it’s current state. 1-2 million infected daily for 2 weeks… imagine if it was actually deadly
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

So what's the plan now? Fauci says we're all in stage one of a five stage process :lolol:

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/p ... warns.html

Even a :fullretard: knows that it's going to be with us forever, so you guys have to admit that this bitch is getting drawn out for the rest of our natural lives unless we start to move on with or without our politicians. I really want to know what everyone thinks.

Most my province is in full lockdown mode after two years, and an 85% double vaccination rate.
max225

Tar wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:35 am So what's the plan now? Fauci says we're all in stage one of a five stage process :lolol:

Even a :fullretard: knows that it's going to be with us forever, so you guys have to admit that this bitch is getting drawn out for the rest of our natural lives unless we start to move on with or without our politicians. I really want to know what everyone thinks.

Most my province is in full lockdown mode after two years, and an 85% double vaccination rate.
We’ve been in this stage with respiratory viruses in all of documented humanity. We just decided to freak the fk out for 2 years. I think at this point most will move past this rapidly unless there is a yet new even more deadly variant.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Tar wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:35 am So what's the plan now? Fauci says we're all in stage one of a five stage process :lolol:

Your province makes me sad.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:38 am

We’ve been in this stage with respiratory viruses in all of documented humanity. We just decided to freak the fk out for 2 years. I think at this point most will move past this rapidly unless there is a yet new even more deadly variant.
Until dudes like @Huckleberry (majority population carry a similar mindset) are the key to progress, not people with our perspective (minority). When do you think the majority will decide that they want to move on with their lives? Open invite to share your thoughts guys, I'm not bashing anyone's POV. We all have a partial truth to offer and I agree with both sides.

@[user not found], what are your thoughts about getting back to normal? Yes or no? Should we wait until we are at 100% vaccination and updated booster participation?
@huckman, how do we get through this without bankrupting the country, hyperinflating prices with continuous bailouts or whatever we want to call them?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:44 am

Round one and two was okay, we all did our part and I made every effort to support restaurants by commonly leaving 50% tips with each takeout order. But guess what? I'm done with that noise, I'm going to avoid supporting my community and will watch it :thisisfine: until the MAJORITY pushes back. Good luck motherfuckers.
razr390

Tar wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:47 am

Round one and two was okay, we all did our part and I made every effort to support restaurants by commonly leaving 50% tips with each takeout order. But guess what? I'm done with that noise, I'm going to avoid supporting my community and will watch it :thisisfine: until the MAJORITY pushes back. Good luck motherfuckers.
I am not for being “muh freedumbs” but it’s also time to face reality and call this for what it is.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

"Vaccines" if you think they work, were available for all americans for literal months. Like a 1/3 of the population by even the most pessimistic standards had covid and recovered. By all accounts with vax plus infections we would have had herd immunity if it was going to work for covid.

I was giving everything to end of 21 to get with the program and start ignoring covid. I slightly extended that due to pending SC decisions. Now that that has been rightfully slapped the fuck down, my answer to your question is this:

I simply will not comply. Not with government for sure, but everything else too.
Mask required to enter? well you don't want my money.
Requiring vax for your workforce? You don't want my money.
Bold enough to ask for my vax card to enter? You don't want my money. I'll also probably curse you under my breath.

You want to advocate to FORCE me to give my CHILD an EXPERIMENTAL, EUA authorized, non-sterilizing, dangerous risk profile drug to protect them from a disease that poses no statistically significant risk to them? You are my enemy now and I will fight you politically, and if necessary physically to stop it.

Again, if the vaccine benefit to risk profile was favorable government would not have to entice people to take it. Period.

1st, fuck every last fucking thing that comes out of his mouth from now on. He belongs in fucking Jail.
Max gets it. But you are just a tech guy so why trust what you say? Oh yea, lock a smart person in their house for a month over a virus....they gonna be pretty fucking educated on viruses at the end of that month.

Want to see something truly disturbing?

Fuck all these people. I give no quarter any more to the cult of branch covidians. Its over and the longer they drag it out the more foolish they look. I pray we can heal the damage this has caused for young people sooner rather than later. Part of that is stopping all this foolishness NOW. The UK is the example to follow here. It came too late, but as they say better late than never.
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tar wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:45 am

Until dudes like @Huckleberry (majority population carry a similar mindset) are the key to progress, not people with our perspective (minority). When do you think the majority will decide that they want to move on with their lives? Open invite to share your thoughts guys, I'm not bashing anyone's POV. We all have a partial truth to offer and I agree with both sides.

@[user not found], what are your thoughts about getting back to normal? Yes or no? Should we wait until we are at 100% vaccination and updated booster participation?
@huckman, how do we get through this without bankrupting the country, hyperinflating prices with continuous bailouts or whatever we want to call them?
I am hesitant to get involved in all of this :lolol:

But why not, I'm bored with work at the moment.

As most have likely ascertained, I am (by my own terms) pretty far left leaning, I value environmental and social programs a lot, I don't have a problem with the high amounts I pay in taxes, typically vote for Democrats, etc. I have also respected the mandates around COVID, I do believe it's real, I don't prescribe to conspiracy theories around it, hell, I lost my own SIL to it, a woman in her early 40s.

All of that being said, I am pretty much in the camp that it is more or less over. The vaccines seemed to have helped significantly from my POV. The virus has also followed a natural mutation to being more spreadable and less dangerous (Omicron variant). I am and have been living my life. I went to a Broadway musical and out to dinner last night for example. I wore a mask for the show as it was required, but I also think that sitting in a room for 2.5 hours with a thousand+ other people, masks or no, is obviously about as risky as it gets, and you know what, I really don't care.

I can say anecdotally that dozens of people in my inner circle, including my parents, people here like Chris, my coworkers, have all had COVID in the past month and they are all 100% fine and reported that it wasn't fun but it also wasn't :doomed:

I think we all should have learned a lot from this thing. Feeling sick? Stay the fuck home. Going on a plane or sitting in a theater for three hours inside? A mask is likely a good idea. Wash your hands throughout the day. In my inner circle, I will say that people I know seemed to have contracted far less disease like cold/flu while social distancing, masking, etc. Know that there are risks to going to crowded places, do what you can to mitigate, accept that you could get sick, calculate the risks, act accordingly. I'm not mad at anyone wanting to stay home but I also don't plan to do so. I am the opposite of a homebody, I know in my personal world, many people who have zero desire to get out and do anything are the ones criticizing others for doing so, we're all different and should respect each other.

There has always been a flu season, there will always be a COVID season, I think it's time we stay vigilant but accept that we can 'go back to normal' for the most part.

In4 :triggered:
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:07 pm

As most have likely ascertained, I am (by my own terms) pretty far left leaning, I value environmental and social programs a lot, I don't have a problem with the high amounts I pay in taxes, typically vote for Democrats, etc. I have also respected the mandates around COVID, I do believe it's real, I don't prescribe to conspiracy theories around it, hell, I lost my own SIL to it, a woman in her early 40s.

All of that being said, I am pretty much in the camp that it is more or less over. The vaccines seemed to have helped significantly from my POV. The virus has also followed a natural mutation to being more spreadable and less dangerous (Omicron variant). I am and have been living my life. I went to a Broadway musical and out to dinner last night for example. I wore a mask for the show as it was required, but I also think that sitting in a room for 2.5 hours with a thousand+ other people, masks or no, is obviously about as risky as it gets, and you know what, I really don't care.

I can say anecdotally that dozens of people in my inner circle, including my parents, people here like Chris, my coworkers, have all had COVID in the past month and they are all 100% fine and reported that it wasn't fun but it also wasn't :doomed:

I think we all should have learned a lot from this thing. Feeling sick? Stay the fuck home. Going on a plane or sitting in a theater for three hours inside? A mask is likely a good idea. Wash your hands throughout the day. In my inner circle, I will say that people I know seemed to have contracted far less disease like cold/flu while social distancing, masking, etc. Know that there are risks to going to crowded places, do what you can to mitigate, accept that you could get sick, calculate the risks, act accordingly. I'm not mad at anyone wanting to stay home but I also don't plan to do so. I am the opposite of a homebody, I know in my personal world, many people who have zero desire to get out and do anything are the ones criticizing others for doing so, we're all different and should respect each other.

There has always been a flu season, there will always be a COVID season, I think it's time we stay vigilant but accept that we can 'go back to normal' for the most part.

I think this is the state that most "reasonable" people are in IMO. But obviously there will be outliers that will be amplified in the news that claim masks make you sick and on the other hand those that claim it killed their hamster (this is a real story in china btw)
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:50 am

4th seat useless no value add content
Oh he mad.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
:lolol: :dealwithit: :lolol:

brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

That's really good, thanks Dan!

EDIT: What are your thoughts on Fauci stating our position being at step 1 of a 5 step recovery plan?

razr390

This is the most reasonable take.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tar wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:15 pm

That's really good, thanks Dan!

EDIT: What are your thoughts on Fauci stating our position being at step 1 of a 5 step recovery plan?

:iono: if I want to go there, I'd say we are still in stage one under the definition that it is still very disruptive. This disruption though, is caused not only by the disease itself, but by tons of other factors (huge inflation primarily caused by the government, individual comfort levels/risk tolerances, restrictions put in place). A lot of these are country/region/area dependent.

I feel like on a personal level, I and not really very disrupted at this point, I can go out to eat, go to my office, travel, pretty much live my life as I always have. To me, the only real changes remaining are that traveling internationally is extremely inconvenient and I am not required to be on-site at my work place. There are other small things, like having to wear a mask. I think people crying about having to put on a mask need to get the fuck over it, it is not that big of a deal.

I was chatting with one of my besties who lives in CT though, and it's a totally different story for him. They can only do outdoor dining and it's obviously freezing. Places to go for fun leisure like breweries, theaters, etc. are still really restricted, so he and his wife are largely at home (both are boosted) because they can't do much publicly. I would be a lot more annoyed under these circumstances.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:27 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:12 pm

Oh he mad.

:lolol: :dealwithit: :lolol:

Nah, I'm not mad, I'm just pointing out that you comply to rules everyday, you "rebel."
A lot of rules really do contribute to the greater good :lolol:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:27 pm

Nah, I'm not mad, I'm just pointing out that you comply to rules everyday, you "rebel."
no, you accused me of potentially being a fucking domestic terrorist, whilst what I really said was i was not going to comply with unlawful shit, you know like Dr. Martin Luther King and Ghandi.

but keep up that virtue signaling and extremism! Its super good for you and everyone around you. Oh, thats right! #stayhome. no one is around you. :csb:

max225 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:10 pm

I think this is the state that most "reasonable" people are in IMO. But obviously there will be outliers that will be amplified in the news that claim masks make you sick and on the other hand those that claim it killed their hamster (this is a real story in china btw)
razr390 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:28 pm
This is the most reasonable take.
The time for compliance to be reasonable is long over. How long did we let civil rights fall by the wayside in the name of "go along to get along?" 100 years or so? Far too long even for a day. It's a core lesson of the American Experiment™. Or you know, we could do vaxports and re-enter a segregated society.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke

Tar wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:47 am

you get it. I'm also willing to let every blue state and city eat itself from the inside out if they don't shape up.
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:36 pm

Well, I had something typed up, but accidentally refreshed the page... :facepalm:

Anyways, I'm largely in agreement with Griff's take on things, but I'm choosing to avoid bars and restaurants or crowded indoor settings for a long while. I still don't want Covid, I certainly don't want my wife getting Covid, and I don't want to potentially give it to any friends or family; we have close friends who are immunocompromised and I have a 96 year old grandmother that I don't want to kill. I also think everyone as a whole wants to move on, why wouldn't they? I know that I do.

I don't think it's "over," though. I think that this will just become something else we'll have to deal with moving forward, I just hope that as time goes on, the virus becomes less virulent and we get better at understanding it.

While it's true that the latest variant 'isn't a big deal' for many, there are people out there who have underlying conditions (you know, those who "have one foot in the grave") and would appreciate if people just had some decency to respect their health concerns. Also, Delta is still fucking out there, folks. I also have friends who work in healthcare as nurses and doctors and it's fucking hell for them right now because of people who have done their own research, think it's all one big lie, haven't gotten vaccinated, and then come rolling into the ER gasping for help.

Wear a mask, be a decent human, do what you can to keep you and your loved ones safe, and get on with your life. Don't be an asshole. It really shouldn't be this fucking hard. :ayfkm:
That's also a reasonable approach, thanks for sharing your viewpoint on this Zilltastic!

How often do you visit your 96 y/o grandparents? Do you take pause from social gatherings or whatever risky things before visiting them? I'm happy that they have a place outside of Long Term Care centers... I'm learning that it is one of the worst places for the elderly.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Not sure if anyone cares, but this is kind of where my headspace is at with all this stuff, and why I want to hear from you all. This is kind of what's going on here in the Great White North, all restaurants/gyms/rec centers/theaters/sports events/basically anything public is completely shut down. Kids can't talk when they're eating, so teachers put a show/movie on during lunch (when they're actually in school). Plenty of mandates and restrictions for vaxxed and unvaxxed alike... And some of this politics to boot:

Our overly careful politicians have approved a LTC near St. Joseph's Hospital in Toronto as a COVID testing center for hospital visitors. I know this because my brother's GF used to get tested there to see her dad who was in the Hospital on his death bed thanks to cancer. Currently more than half of LTC centers in Ontario have Covid outbreaks! That's messed up. Do what you can, when you can!
https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1993139267728

27% of Ontario citizens think that unvaccinated members of society should go to jail, driven by our Prime Minister! Quebec wants to tax the unvaccinated extra.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/m ... ar-AASVI9M

Trudeau calling unvaccinated society racists and misogynists:
https://citizenfreepress.com/column-3/j ... isogynist/

You can see why a reasonable human in my shoes sides with anything/anyone who is blowing the freedom horn! It could be so much worse if politicians have unbridled control over y'all. It blows my mind that we are two years in, and the virus is commonly described as a milder mutant of it's former self.

Also, I don't think the old virus is around that much, the new one gets you quicker and puts you out for a few days making the old one die out rather quickly. Also fully aware of the stress on healthcare workers, so I'm respectful of that POV.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:11 pm
Tar wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:05 pm

That's also a reasonable approach, thanks for sharing your viewpoint on this Zilltastic!

How often do you visit your 96 y/o grandparents? Do you take pause from social gatherings or whatever risky things before visiting them? I'm happy that they have a place outside of Long Term Care centers... I'm learning that it is one of the worst places for the elderly.
I try to see her at least once a month, and I avoid contact with the public for a few days prior to visiting. She's vaccinated and wears a mask when she goes shopping, and if Covid gets her that way, so be it. It'll be on her own terms, and it won't be because of me.

LTC would be certain death for her, and I'd much rather she live out her remaining days in a house she knows and loves, and the house keeps her busy and keeps her going. At 96, she's still largely keeping up with the place and still does her own grocery shopping.
That's awesome man, I hope she gets many more years of healthy living! I guess you're already doing a multi-day detox from the public before visiting, hopefully that suffices.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Tar wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:11 pm Not sure if anyone cares, but this is kind of where my headspace is at with all this stuff, and why I want to hear from you all. This is kind of what's going on here in the Great White North, all restaurants/gyms/rec centers/theaters/sports events/basically anything public is completely shut down. Kids can't talk when they're eating, so teachers put a show/movie on during lunch (when they're actually in school). Plenty of mandates and restrictions for vaxxed and unvaxxed alike... And some of this politics to boot:

Our overly careful politicians have approved a LTC near St. Joseph's Hospital in Toronto as a COVID testing center for hospital visitors. I know this because my brother's GF used to get tested there to see her dad who was in the Hospital on his death bed thanks to cancer. Currently more than half of LTC centers in Ontario have Covid outbreaks! That's messed up. Do what you can, when you can!
https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1993139267728

27% of Ontario citizens think that unvaccinated members of society should go to jail, driven by our Prime Minister! Quebec wants to tax the unvaccinated extra.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/m ... ar-AASVI9M

Trudeau calling unvaccinated society racists and misogynists:
https://citizenfreepress.com/column-3/j ... isogynist/

You can see why a reasonable human in my shoes sides with anything/anyone who is blowing the freedom horn! It could be so much worse if politicians have unbridled control over y'all. It blows my mind that we are two years in, and the virus is commonly described as a milder mutant of it's former self.

Also, I don't think the old virus is around that much, the new one gets you quicker and puts you out for a few days making the old one die out rather quickly. Also fully aware of the stress on healthcare workers, so I'm respectful of that POV.
That is sickening an inhumane. I'm angry for you.

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:07 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:30 pm

no, you accused me of potentially being a fucking domestic terrorist, whilst what I really said was i was not going to comply with unlawful shit, you know like Dr. Martin Luther King and Ghandi.

but keep up that virtue signaling and extremism! Its super good for you and everyone around you. Oh, thats right! #stayhome. no one is around you. :csb:
...you put yourself in that boat, sir.
Big Brain Bradley wrote:You are my enemy now and I will fight you politically, and if necessary physically...
:iono:

Sounds pretty aggressive to me.
No I did not. You have reading comprehension issues, clearly. You are taking one thing I stated and equivalizing it with another different thing out of context. Typical illogical shithead move.

Cause, effect.
Cause, effect.
Cause, effect.

Not supporting a business is not equivalent to threatening violence upon some entity that wants to threaten violence on me and my family. And yes an unwanted medical procedure is by every reasonable definition violence. And it's not a threat it's a fucking promise, but it's also not anywhere near the realm of terrorism.

So take those kind of accusations and sit and spin you illiterate, weak minded, sad little "man".
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:03 pm

And now you're not just threatening violence, you're promising violence.

As stated I will meet violence with violence.

I'm clearly a better strong male role model than your father, so your opinion on the matter means about fuck all to me.
brain go brrrrrr