OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

We had a killer month last month so bossbro sprung for lunch for the whole building, both shifts. Taco's, tamales, rice and beans, etc. :fatty: :fuckyeah:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:23 pm I’d absolutely wear some khaki/chino shorts to work if I could. Especially in summer.

Agreed on some jeans/pants looking more casual than others and even some shorts.. the ones with all the intentional rips and whatnot.. never understood that style :wap:
:dat:

Same. :disgust:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

SAWCE wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:24 pm Sweatpants are a hard no but I basically live in (decent-fitting, not yuge baggy basketball style) gym shorts and plain athletic t-shirts right now. There's not much else suitable for 90 degrees and 100% humidity while getting around via biking/walking as a dude.
Yeah.. if it was as humid here as it is there my time would likely change. But the canvas-whatever material shorts I have from Costco are still pretty lightweight and breathable. I don’t mind pulling them on instead of gym shorts.
I mainly like having some stretch in addition to the lightweight/breathable fabrics, which I guess is becoming more available in "normal" looking stuff for dudes recently. Otherwise it needs to be baggy to ride the bike.

My old summer standard was the typical white guy baggy cargo shorts, good ole function over form.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:08 pm
SAWCE wrote:
Yeah.. if it was as humid here as it is there my time would likely change. But the canvas-whatever material shorts I have from Costco are still pretty lightweight and breathable. I don’t mind pulling them on instead of gym shorts.
I mainly like having some stretch in addition to the lightweight/breathable fabrics, which I guess is becoming more available in "normal" looking stuff for dudes recently. Otherwise it needs to be baggy to ride the bike.

My old summer standard was the typical white guy baggy cargo shorts, good ole function over form.
Yeah these ones have a bit of stretch in them. Costco clothes in general have been pretty solid lately. Nice styles, fabrics, and prices.

We’ve come a long way from my days of buying women’s jeans in high school and college :fuckyeah:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:55 pm We had a killer month last month so bossbro sprung for lunch for the whole building, both shifts. Taco's, tamales, rice and beans, etc. :fatty: :fuckyeah:
:jelly:

I will probably make a salad or some :bs: shortly. :ohwell:
troyguitar

SAWCE wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:08 pm I mainly like having some stretch in addition to the lightweight/breathable fabrics, which I guess is becoming more available in "normal" looking stuff for dudes recently. Otherwise it needs to be baggy to ride the bike.

Yeah these ones have a bit of stretch in them. Costco clothes in general have been pretty solid lately. Nice styles, fabrics, and prices.

We’ve come a long way from my days of buying women’s jeans in high school and college :fuckyeah:
I still wear one pair jeans from then, but I wore out most of them long ago. Having no hips I wear a size 2. :jalepenis:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Acid666 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:40 am Took a stab at sushi this weekend with the wife. Bought short grain rice, some sushi vinegar, imitation crab meat sticks, tempura, sesame seeds, made my own spicy mayo, cream cheese, shrimp and some pre done raw smoked salmon, and a rolling mat. Not gonna lie, shit tasted EXACTLY like the shit we get at sushi restaurants. I was worried the rice wouldn't be right and fuck up the flavor and shit, but the rice was on point. Little difficult to work with and my knife blade kind of dragged along when I cut it so maybe it's a little too sticky, but it worked out pretty nice.
We're big fans of smoked salmon in rolls and nagiri. I bought some pre-smoked salmon for this attempt, but I dug into making my own that's sushi grade and I think I figured it out. So I got a smoke tube for my pellet grill and I'm going to attempt to cold smoke some salmon slabs next. Apparently that smoke tube is the magic missing piece of the puzzle for getting a deeper smoke taste with all the pellet grilling I've been doing.
Wow, this looks fantastic! Nice work!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

D Griff wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:12 pm
wap wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:55 pm We had a killer month last month so bossbro sprung for lunch for the whole building, both shifts. Taco's, tamales, rice and beans, etc. :fatty: :fuckyeah:
:jelly:

I will probably make a salad or some :bs: shortly. :ohwell:
Correction: No tamales. Still, carnitas and salsa in 2 corn tortillas with rice and beans was :drool:
SAWCE

Man I could crush some Mexican food right now.. I think I’m now at the 12 week mark of no cheat meals or any deviations from my meal plan at all.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:43 pm Man I could crush some Mexican food right now.. I think I’m now at the 12 week mark of no cheat meals or any deviations from my meal plan at all.
My sympathies. :(
troyguitar

We had some pulled pork nachos for luncho de mayo, was 4/7. Needed more beer.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:11 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:08 pm I mainly like having some stretch in addition to the lightweight/breathable fabrics, which I guess is becoming more available in "normal" looking stuff for dudes recently. Otherwise it needs to be baggy to ride the bike.

Ahhh skinny Jeans. The bandwagon I'm glad I never jumped on. Gotta be straight legged baw! That Jnco style
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:43 pm Man I could crush some Mexican food right now.. I think I’m now at the 12 week mark of no cheat meals or any deviations from my meal plan at all.
When Arnold was training for the 1970 Mr. Olympia, he thought only of victory, not Mexican food.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:44 pm
My sympathies. :(
:wub:

It’s all good. I choose to do this to myself.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:55 pm
When Arnold was training for the 1970 Mr. Olympia, he thought only of victory, not Mexican food.
This is true!

Although I may try to do some Mexican style seasoning on my chicken tonight and squeeze a lime over that and my salad.
ChrisoftheNorth

Wife already mixed up margs and I'm going to get the grill going for carne asada tacos. :excited:

We've got some Mexican dudes working on the lower roof of the house and they must think we're idiots. Wife did give them some extra chicharrones con carne she picked up from the Mexican market in town, but I think they're more interested in her than the chicharrones. In northern MI, her Italian features = Mexican to most.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:47 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:55 pm

This is true!

Although I may try to do some Mexican style seasoning on my chicken tonight and squeeze a lime over that and my salad.
That'll work!

Squeeze lime over the chicken too, with some mexican seasoning that will probably do the trick.
ChrisoftheNorth

Acid666 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:45 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:11 pm

Ahhh skinny Jeans. The bandwagon I'm glad I never jumped on. Gotta be straight legged baw! That Jnco style
Remember Jnco jeans with the legs so wide it looked like people were floating when walking?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:49 pm Wife already mixed up margs and I'm going to get the grill going for carne asada tacos. :excited:

We've got some Mexican dudes working on the lower roof of the house and they must think we're idiots. Wife did give them some extra chicharrones con carne she picked up from the Mexican market in town, but I think they're more interested in her than the chicharrones. In northern MI, her Italian features = Mexican to most.
Plus :tits:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:51 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:49 pm Wife already mixed up margs and I'm going to get the grill going for carne asada tacos. :excited:

Plus :tits:
Those too.
troyguitar

Acid666 wrote:
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:11 pm Yeah these ones have a bit of stretch in them. Costco clothes in general have been pretty solid lately. Nice styles, fabrics, and prices.

Low rise boot cut was the way at that time. I'd rather just wear leggings (which feel awesome by the way) than skinny jeans.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:13 pm
Acid666 wrote:

Low rise boot cut was the way at that time. I'd rather just wear leggings (which feel awesome by the way) than skinny jeans.
I actually think it was you last year that was extolling the virtues of modern pants made with "Active" material. I bought a pair from Costco last month that look like nice khaki pants, but made out of stretchy active type material, and bought two more pairs because I like them so much. I barely wear jeans anymore, they're so comfortable. Wife claims leggings are the same way, just tighter.

:datass: :megusta:
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:50 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:47 pm

This is true!

That'll work!

Squeeze lime over the chicken too, with some mexican seasoning that will probably do the trick.
Yeah! I usually chop the grilled chicken up and add it to my salad, so I’ll do that and squeeze lime over the whole thing.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:18 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:13 pm Low rise boot cut was the way at that time. I'd rather just wear leggings (which feel awesome by the way) than skinny jeans.
I actually think it was you last year that was extolling the virtues of modern pants made with "Active" material. I bought a pair from Costco last month that look like nice khaki pants, but made out of stretchy active type material, and bought two more pairs because I like them so much. I barely wear jeans anymore, they're so comfortable. Wife claims leggings are the same way, just tighter.

Yep, those modern fabrics can be pretty :amazing: You don't even have to go full on golf bro look, there are plenty of stretchy jeans and chinos available.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:13 pm Low rise boot cut was the way at that time. I'd rather just wear leggings (which feel awesome by the way) than skinny jeans.

:notwrong:

It's cool that the tech has trickled down to costco level now. I'll have to do some shopping when we have a functioning house and some free time. Those fabrics keep you warm and cool at the same time. How do they know?