How Hard Are You Working From Home?

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!

What's the current work/motivation situation?

Furloughed/laid off
14%
Early retirement :mahtroy: style
5%
Business as usual still working on site at the job
19%
Working from home and more productive than in office
24%
Working Hard (status quo) From Home
14%
Hardly Working From Home
24%

Total votes: 21
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Is anyone else just struggling immensely to continue giving a fuck about work? Our quotas are still based on improving over 2019 revenue generation so my shot at making commission is zero. I've been at home every day without a day off for over 8 weeks now and am just getting very :aintcare: I make calls and send emails as they track these metrics at my job, I try to stay in the top 3rd of productivity which is rather easy, but I am working probably five hours/day and just caring less and less.

Any tips on getting excited about work right now? I don't really find this job all that engaging at the best of times and now it's really 1/7.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Putting in like 10+ hours a week more being home than the office. The last 2 months have been brutal, and we are down 3 FTE at the moment.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

As someone that has worked at home even way before covid has even gotten in the global picture, or any other sort of pandemic for that matter.

I'll start with the current situation, surprisingly enough, I'm still getting paid but not nearly as I used to and I don't think I have to come back onto the site anytime soon, will jump on the unemployment application bandwagon once I'm :nope: which I wouldn't be surprised, already watched the tutorial and took notes. Secondly while I like the people I work with and the boss is 5/7, I also too have same feelings with your current job as well. Now that there's much less going on, it feels like a slightly less of a part time job to me as far as workload goes and I am also on the :aintcare: mode, but still try to be prompt as I can and check emails off my phone with notifications turned on. Overall I feel somewhat unmotivated, but basically I only have extrinsic motivation at best. I am looking to leave soon, but trying to ride this out in the mean time as a more of a need.

Tips, as far as that goes, I would be thankful that you're still getting paid and definitely could've been in a much worse situation, like no income, relying on trump bucks and unemployment aid. That's basically what I'm sticking with it solely for extrinsic like I said earlier, especially when this is not a good time for a promotion and such that you may have worked hard for. I always have thought I may probably gotten used to it during the first couple months when I got hired in September, but :nope: not for me. :ohwell:

As far as my normal work at home, well I don't personally like working actually at home every single day, usually at a coffee shop and such, I tend to be more lazier when I'm at home too, sometimes even take a little xbox break and take that for granted. But sleeping in more to spare time for commuting, plus shower and get ready is 5/7.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:15 pm As someone that has worked at home even way before covid has even gotten in the global picture, or any other sort of pandemic for that matter.

I'll start with the current situation, surprisingly enough, I'm still getting paid but not nearly as I used to and I don't think I have to come back onto the site anytime soon, will jump on the unemployment application bandwagon once I'm :nope: which I wouldn't be surprised, already watched the tutorial and took notes. Secondly while I like the people I work with and the boss is 5/7, I also too have same feelings with your current job as well. Now that there's much less going on, it feels like a slightly less of a part time job to me as far as workload goes and I am also on the :aintcare: mode, but still try to be prompt as I can and check emails off my phone with notifications turned on. Overall I feel somewhat unmotivated, but basically I only have extrinsic motivation at best. I am looking to leave soon, but trying to ride this out in the mean time as a more of a need.

Tips, as far as that goes, I would be thankful that you're still getting paid and definitely could've been in a much worse situation, like no income, relying on trump bucks and unemployment aid. That's basically what I'm sticking with it solely for extrinsic like I said earlier, especially when this is not a good time for a promotion and such that you may have worked hard for. I always have thought I may probably gotten used to it during the first couple months when I got hired in September, but :nope: not for me. :ohwell:

As far as my normal work at home, well I don't personally like working actually at home every single day, usually at a coffee shop and such, I tend to be more lazier when I'm at home too, sometimes even take a little xbox break and take that for granted. But sleeping in more to spare time for commuting, plus shower and get ready is 5/7.
:notwrong: Even the base salary I'm getting is decent/livable while a lot less than last year. I am just kinda riding the wave of :aintcare:

I also don't see actually returning to onsite happening anytime soon, possibly never. I suspect the rest of 2020 will be from home and I imagine travel won't happen again either :ohwell:

I am kind of casually considering other jobs at this point, but there's something to be said for staying somewhere where I have a history as a "top performer" rather than jump into the unknown, while everything else is so crazy.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

My job has been boring as shit lately and trying to stay “plugged in” has gotten more difficult because I operate off of “fires to put out” at all times.

Anyways, I’ve been looking up some certificates and trainings related to my job and have been brainstorming with my friend on maybe starting up a project/hobby that can be monetized.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:25 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:15 pm As someone that has worked at home even way before covid has even gotten in the global picture, or any other sort of pandemic for that matter.

:notwrong: Even the base salary I'm getting is decent/livable while a lot less than last year. I am just kinda riding the wave of :aintcare:

I also don't see actually returning to onsite happening anytime soon, possibly never. I suspect the rest of 2020 will be from home and I imagine travel won't happen again either :ohwell:

I am kind of casually considering other jobs at this point, but there's something to be said for staying somewhere where I have a history as a "top performer" rather than jump into the unknown, while everything else is so crazy.
:notbad:

I work as an event coordinator now, so no longer in the travel industry since then. But yes, business travel will be non-existent as far as 2020 and atleast early 2021 no question, since a good amount of my clients were in fact them. My uncle also works for Marriott in a managerial position and his pay got cut down by 40%, plus he :plac: shortly after that when he got his v10 M6, which has salvage title :hue: and let the wifey drive the 150k mileage Cayenne with a Passat v6. I have had a chat with my previous employer that I may be subjected come back and offered me to come back. I know for sure some leisure travel will happen, since I saw on the news some :waxer: germans booked their hotels in Spain. But that's definitely not enough. It's only a matter of time what can be atleast predicted once things begins to be easier. But feeling optimistic.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I have very little to do from a work perspective, so to appease the head honchos I made up a game plan to not bill more then two days a week. I squeeze in everything I need to do into those 16 hrs and the rest of the time I don't bother working.

The US management that approves my service contracts loves that I'm not moving on (keeping me on ice) for a fraction of my original cost.

I have enough to fill my other five days with emergency home schooling and :haus: :pinshit: . I can't imagine trying to do 40 hr weeks at a desk from home. My wife does it though and kills it every week. She's a rare bird :doe:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:39 pm I have very little to do from a work perspective, so to appease the head honchos I made up a game plan to not bill more then two days a week. I squeeze in everything I need to do into those 16 hrs and the rest of the time I don't bother working.

The US management that approves my service contracts loves that I'm not moving on (keeping me on ice) for a fraction of my original cost.

I have enough to fill my other five days with emergency home schooling and :haus: :pinshit: . I can't imagine trying to do 40 hr weeks at a desk from home. My wife does it though and kills it every week. She's a rare bird :doe:
:dat:
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

We're working from home, but we're also set up for it. I'm set up at my wet bar. We just VPN to our server and it allows me access to any software licenses that I don't have that are standalone on my machine. Most of us are set up on laptops but a couple of us senior guys have both high power desktops and laptops.

We're currently slow because the price of oil per barrel is such a great rate right now. When we're normally busy, I can get more work done at home since I can just barrel thru shit and not have to deal with pointless 30 minute meetings that I have nothing to do with me, and people aren't barging into my office every 10 minutes with small ass questions.
Right now I'm busy with boat engine guy, and that's really the only billable work I've got. But we're set up to work remotely so it's no change for us really. Just wish we had more work coming in.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Acid666 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:25 pm We're working from home, but we're also set up for it. I'm set up at my wet bar. We just VPN to our server and it allows me access to any software licenses that I don't have that are standalone on my machine. Most of us are set up on laptops but a couple of us senior guys have both high power desktops and laptops.

We're currently slow because the price of oil per barrel is such a great rate right now. When we're normally busy, I can get more work done at home since I can just barrel thru shit and not have to deal with pointless 30 minute meetings that I have nothing to do with me, and people aren't barging into my office every 10 minutes with small ass questions.
Right now I'm busy with boat engine guy, and that's really the only billable work I've got. But we're set up to work remotely so it's no change for us really. Just wish we had more work coming in.
You're the winner of the coolest home office award.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

This hasn't been a huge transition for me, as I am already working internationally/from home 2 days a week at least going in. But I am working way harder than before. 10 hr days... are now norm.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

Nothing in my life has changed except wearing a mask in home depot. NFG. They lifted the mask requirement here but businesses can do what they want. As for :tits: the courts open up June 1st. Trying to make rich people settle out of court ain't happening. :lol: You hear things like :"I'd rather give my lawyer money than give it to her" all day long :waxer:
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

Zero change for me, still going to work as normal. To echo :[user not found]: above, I do not envy anyone in a sales related job right now.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I'm working hard...harder than I was in the office. I'm having trouble staying motivated, but mostly because I hate my company. That's carryover from before the virus, but at least at home I'm distanced from the crap that makes me :disgust: the most.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Roller coaster of "busy" but really leisure pace and just hanging around hoping to get more work in.

The lack of clear future and uncertainty is whats been wearing the most on me. Having hit or miss billable work day by day is what's the worst.

As of today, I was placed on a job that is good til October, but reduced to 30 hours. We have to stretch it until more work comes in.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I'd be more productive, but the laptop I have probably has a bad HDD, and the network latency is atrocious.
Work at the office: 1 Hr.
Work at Home: 1.5-2 Hrs.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:59 pm This hasn't been a huge transition for me, as I am already working internationally/from home 2 days a week at least going in. But I am working way harder than before. 10 hr days... are now norm.
I also previously WFH two days a week, but also traveled about once a month and was in the office the other three days. SOmething about this feels very different, almost like ground hog day. It's the fucking exact same shit day after day, week after week. It seems like I can more or less just ride it out at 50% effort and there's zero chance of commission for me in May anyway, so I guess that's what I'll do :aintcare:
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:18 am
max225 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:59 pm This hasn't been a huge transition for me, as I am already working internationally/from home 2 days a week at least going in. But I am working way harder than before. 10 hr days... are now norm.
I also previously WFH two days a week, but also traveled about once a month and was in the office the other three days. SOmething about this feels very different, almost like ground hog day. It's the fucking exact same shit day after day, week after week. It seems like I can more or less just ride it out at 50% effort and there's zero chance of commission for me in May anyway, so I guess that's what I'll do :aintcare:
Right... if you're not incentivized anymore fk em.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:23 am
D Griff wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:18 am

Hey Max I'd gladly WFH for Logitech. Schedule is open. Temp basis. Data entry. PPT's and XL's. Setting up zoom calls. LMK.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Acid666 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:25 pm We're working from home, but we're also set up for it. I'm set up at my wet bar. We just VPN to our server and it allows me access to any software licenses that I don't have that are standalone on my machine. Most of us are set up on laptops but a couple of us senior guys have both high power desktops and laptops.

Desk needs more candles
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:25 pm
max225 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:23 am
Hey Max I'd gladly WFH for Logitech. Schedule is open. Temp basis. Data entry. PPT's and XL's. Setting up zoom calls. LMK.
I actually may have an opening, but it is below what you're looking for it is a pretty green role.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:
D Griff wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:18 am I also previously WFH two days a week, but also traveled about once a month and was in the office the other three days. SOmething about this feels very different, almost like ground hog day. It's the fucking exact same shit day after day, week after week. It seems like I can more or less just ride it out at 50% effort and there's zero chance of commission for me in May anyway, so I guess that's what I'll do :aintcare:
The incentive is to keep your job.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:34 pm
max225 wrote: Right... if you're not incentivized anymore fk em.
The incentive is to keep your job.

But why bother doing more than the minimum to achieve that? THe whole point of sales is to be motivated by ze commission. I'm not excited about the products or anything like that.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

I'm getting a little burned out. The hours have gotten longer since I always start early, but others have grown to start later and schedule calls later in the day. The savings in gas and not needing to commute 35 minutes each way is cool, but being at home is growing tiresome. The most taxing thing is the directional changes that seem to happen on an almost daily basis. Someone makes a decision, so we work towards implementing it, and by the next day, the entire direction has changed and we have to now work towards that goal, which will undoubtedly change again. It's like someone took the normal corporate bullshit and turned the dial to 11.

I have some projects coming up, so I'll be going into the office once those kick off in June. It will make for a nice change of pace.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:34 pm The incentive is to keep your job.

But why bother doing more than the minimum to achieve that? THe whole point of sales is to be motivated by ze commission. I'm not excited about the products or anything like that.
Dunno. I can't imagine doing the bare minimum and feeling in any way safe while in the worst employment market in the modern era. If I had a good job I'd be working my ass off to be the one who comes out of this up a notch or two - which is exactly what I'm trying to help the wife do now.

I fully expect her to be fired anyway but it sure won't be from lack of effort.