OT 18: Anti-Social Distancing

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Apex wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:09 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:47 pm :impressive: amounts of PTO, ZFG, YOLO, and :wasteful: from y'all. I don't see myself at a beach again until... dunno, doesn't seem likely to ever happen. :doomed:
#CarpeDiem

You could, you just refuse to.
:dat:

I guess the ZFG/YOLO comments are in reference to the 'VID? :whocares: really? Being on a breezy beach isn't going to kill anyone.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:I love how Troy talks about PTO. Bruh, you're retired you have exactly zero to complain about.
You can leave your (immunocompromised) family to go party ZFG? Sorry, I don't have that in me. If I leave, I'm not welcome back.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:28 pm We just booked a beach house for next summer. Nice thing to look forward to.
We're still debating our trip to Hawaii in December. Good thing is the management company will refund us 100% on the house we reserved for the last 2 weeks of the year, but we'll be hosed on airfare. We already have $13k in flight credits from other flights this year which we will likely never use, so that might as well be money wasted if we have to cancel the flights and they just add it to our account.
troyguitar

D Griff wrote:
Apex wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:09 pm

#CarpeDiem

I guess the ZFG/YOLO comments are in reference to the 'VID? :whocares: really? Being on a breezy beach isn't going to kill anyone.
Uh, I fucking care? It's a little bit of everything though, not just the travel restrictions or the PTO or the cost or the fucking basic human decency of not worsening a pandemic even if it's unlikely to cause significant harm to me personally.

You're one selfish motherfucker if you don't GAF about spreading this shit just so that you can have fun. Why do you care more about the environment than your fellow man?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:jesus: fucking christ.

Dude that admits to drunk driving and not giving a fuck is going to pull the card saying you're endangering people?

Pretty sure the odds of infecting someone and them dying from Covid is A LOT less than getting behind the wheel and hurting someone when you just have to get McDonalds after a normal day of laying around the box of wine.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:50 pm Uh, I fucking care? It's a little bit of everything though, not just the travel restrictions or the PTO or the cost or the fucking basic human decency of not worsening a pandemic even if it's unlikely to cause significant harm to me personally.

You're one selfish motherfucker if you don't GAF about spreading this shit just so that you can have fun. Why do you care more about the environment than your fellow man?
Going to a beach has a near zero chance of transmission.
If they're driving to the beach, hanging out alone there, and driving straight home? Sure.

But they're not. Griffette especially is full :thisisfine: irresponsible as reported by the Griffballzmeister himself, out partying ZFG weekly.

They're young, white, healthy, and not broke so they'll probably be fine. Fuck everyone else. It is what it is.
troyguitar

CorvetteWaxer wrote::jesus: fucking christ.

Dude that admits to drunk driving and not giving a fuck is going to pull the card saying you're endangering people?

Pretty sure the odds of infecting someone and them dying from Covid is A LOT less than getting behind the wheel and hurting someone when you just have to get McDonalds after a normal day of laying around the box of wine.
I don't even deserve to be alive for what I've done over the years, but while I am I'll keep trying to do better and encouraging others to do the same. Sorry we're not all starting out perfect and then improving from there. Some of us are born stupid.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:10 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:09 pm I don't even deserve to be alive for what I've done over the years, but while I am I'll keep trying to do better and encouraging others to do the same. Sorry we're not all starting out perfect and then improving from there. Some of us are born stupid.
All very true, then why do you expect perfection from others?
Because we’re all privileged! :triggered:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:08 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:02 pm :jesus: fucking christ.

I didn't die from COVID, I died from this. Amazing.
Death cert still says COVID. :lol:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:09 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote::jesus: fucking christ.

I don't even deserve to be alive for what I've done over the years, but while I am I'll keep trying to do better and encouraging others to do the same. Sorry we're not all starting out perfect and then improving from there. Some of us are born stupid.
Dude, you just stay stupid.

I'm not telling anyone what to do, and I personally have what the CDC says as of a couple days ago is an underlying condition that is a big part of the death toll numbers. If I'm not preaching, why are you? You're already staying home tucked into your bed from your own admission, going nowhere. You're safe.

MYOB, nobody needs another NIMBY type, especially one that isn't 80 years old.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:09 pm I don't even deserve to be alive for what I've done over the years, but while I am I'll keep trying to do better and encouraging others to do the same. Sorry we're not all starting out perfect and then improving from there. Some of us are born stupid.
All very true, then why do you expect perfection from others?
I expect others to try to improve, not literally say :whocares: about being responsible like Dan says.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:13 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:08 pm

I didn't die from COVID, I died from this. Amazing.
:lolol: :like:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I went to Home Depot today and I didn't wear a whole body condom and a mask while I was in my own car. I hope that doesn't upset anyone!
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:13 pm I expect others to try to improve, not literally say :whocares: about being responsible like Dan says.
Where did he say that? Link?
D Griff wrote:
Apex wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:09 pm #CarpeDiem

Obviously I'm :wrong: as usual for caring about anyone but myself.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:18 pm Obviously I'm :wrong: as usual for caring about anyone but myself.
I'm probably more cautious about all this shit than you are and I don't get your logic here in the least? His who cares was clearly in reference to being on a beach which is clearly a safe thing to do.

Really not following your leap here.
A weekend trip with other people is a lot more than that... and since it was addressed to me it would have to be a significantly longer weekend trip or a flight to get anywhere warm from up here.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:14 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:13 pm

I'd be classified as an "indirect excess death" in the statistics. COVID wasn't the cause but I'd still be alive if it wasn't around.
:sass: :lol:
troyguitar

CorvetteWaxer wrote:

I'm not telling anyone what to do, and I personally have what the CDC says as of a couple days ago is an underlying condition that is a big part of the death toll numbers. If I'm not preaching, why are you? You're already staying home tucked into your bed from your own admission, going nowhere. You're safe.

This attitude is why our country is the worst in the world at containing this shit.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:26 pm A weekend trip with other people is a lot more than that... and since it was addressed to me it would have to be a significantly longer weekend trip or a flight to get anywhere warm from up here.
This isn't about you not going to the beach Troy, this is about your comments about what other people are doing. You made an unfair and inaccurate leap. It's fine, it happens, just own your error.
The dude specifically said he's going for the weekend with at least another couple. It's not a solo day trip by his own admission.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:33 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:31 pm The dude specifically said he's going for the weekend with at least another couple. It's not a solo day trip by his own admission.
And why the assumption that is unsafe?

Two hotel rooms, masks in public, and on the beach? There is absolutely nothing unsafe or against recommendations about that.

Now... If I said that the wife and I were spending a weekend with another couple, your criticisms would be fair. But Griff ain't down with what we do with other couples.
Have you asked? :lol:
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:31 pm The dude specifically said he's going for the weekend with at least another couple. It's not a solo day trip by his own admission.
And why the assumption that is unsafe?

Two hotel rooms, masks in public, and on the beach? There is absolutely nothing unsafe or against recommendations about that.

Now... If I said that the wife and I were spending a weekend with another couple, your criticisms would be fair. But Griff ain't down with what we do with other couples.
I assumed they'd be irresponsible because he already said that Griffette is acting that way weekly. But I guess that was unfair, I should have thought that she'd suddenly change her act for the weekend. Sorry!
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:36 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:35 pm

Have you asked? :lol:
:lol: nah I just know my boy doesn't roll like that.
:mahman: :lol:
troyguitar

Where's the unfair leap in assuming that people will act in the future as they have in the very recent past, with no (additional) extraordinary events?
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:36 pm I assumed they'd be irresponsible because he already said that Griffette is acting that way weekly. But I guess that was unfair, I should have thought that she'd suddenly change her act for the weekend. Sorry!
Man you're an asshole. You can't even keep people that agree with you almost 100% on this topic on your side (me).
Also, no fucking shit. I can't convince anyone of anything no matter what. That's why I'm a worthless human being.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:29 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:

This attitude is why our country is the worst in the world at containing this shit.
So, it is this bad because I think people shouldn't try to police others. :yeahok:

Actually I will offer the counter argument. If there weren't so many loudmouths out there telling people what to do, there likely wouldn't be so many people refusing to comply.

For instance, you and me on the street: If you tell me to stay on the sidewalk, I'm going onto the grass, just to tell you that you are not the authority over me and can fuck yourself in your ass with your wife's dick.
troyguitar

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:29 pm This attitude is why our country is the worst in the world at containing this shit.
So, it is this bad because I think people shouldn't try to police others. :yeahok:

Actually I will offer the counter argument. If there weren't so many loudmouths out there telling people what to do, there likely wouldn't be so many people refusing to comply.

For instance, you and me on the street: If you tell me to stay on the sidewalk, I'm going onto the grass, just to tell you that you are not the authority over me and can fuck yourself in your ass with your wife's dick.
Who IS the authority? Sure it's not me, but it's not you either.

I think the problem is that many don't recognize any authority. Do you really think that everyone will just do the right thing without being told (either to do it or even what the right thing is)?

IIRC you have said that most people are too stupid to even know the right thing. If they can't identify the right thing, how can they do it?