Gberg's Alpo Gorf with a bit of Plac Profit

Strut your greasy stuff!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:22 am
max225 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:59 pm

Def pick it up during the day. I had multiple cars with factory/delivery issues. They are quite common.
dealer buddy said roughly 10% of cars off the truck go straight to the body shop
Supposedly body issues get fixed at the vpc and if it's a big enough issue then they tell the dillership.

Ship moved from one port in nyc to the other and it's now at the bmw vpc. Hopefully I get an update today.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:09 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:22 am

dealer buddy said roughly 10% of cars off the truck go straight to the body shop
Supposedly body issues get fixed at the vpc and if it's a big enough issue then they tell the dillership.

Ship moved from one port in nyc to the other and it's now at the bmw vpc. Hopefully I get an update today.
Love how tight this race is.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:14 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:09 am

Love how tight this race is.
Unless bmw screws up on you again you're still winning. There's no way the car is at the dillership by monday.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Rage4 needs tires according to the :dillerman: . He says they're at 4/32 but I'll check it myself when I get it home. Only have 38k on it so it seems odd to need tires now.

Anyone know of a decent crossover tire? The Michelin Primacy A/S that came with it kinda sucked.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:56 pm Rage4 needs tires according to the :dillerman: . He says they're at 4/32 but I'll check it myself when I get it home. Only have 38k on it so it seems odd to need tires now.

Anyone know of a decent crossover tire? The Michelin Primacy A/S that came with it kinda sucked.
https://www.mickeythompsontires.com/lig ... /baja-boss
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:59 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:56 pm Rage4 needs tires according to the :dillerman: . He says they're at 4/32 but I'll check it myself when I get it home. Only have 38k on it so it seems odd to need tires now.

https://www.mickeythompsontires.com/lig ... /baja-boss
:fuckyeah:
max225

4/32 seems ok for another 5k miles. And getting 40k+ out of a set of tires seems decent.

I like Yokohama tires. They are decent quality and about 20-30% cheaper than the French man. Been running them on the tsx for the last 2 years
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:40 pm

4/32 seems ok for another 5k miles. And getting 40k+ out of a set of tires seems decent.

I like Yokohama tires. They are decent quality and about 20-30% cheaper than the French man. Been running them on the tsx for the last 2 years
I wonder if there's any difference between regular all seasons and "crossover/suv" all seasons? The yokos don't have tons of reviews so I really don't know what the popular tire is for a crossover.

Scheduled to pick the car up on the 9th. His last update was that it's still on the boat and docking today but it's already been there since this morning. He doesn't see why it shouldn't get to the dillership by then.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:49 pm

I wonder if there's any difference between regular all seasons and "crossover/suv" all seasons? The yokos don't have tons of reviews so I really don't know what the popular tire is for a crossover.

Scheduled to pick the car up on the 9th. His last update was that it's still on the boat and docking today but it's already been there since this morning. He doesn't see why it shouldn't get to the dillership by then.
Interested to hear what you end up getting. Good rebates on pirelli right now. The scorpion is a highly rated tire if you’re just staying on pavement.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I still maintain Michelin is a pretty overrated tire brand across the board. The ones on my 86 are pretty decent but I don’t envision actually buying a set anytime soon.

That said I haven’t purchased basic utilitarian tires maybe ever so I’m not sure on what’s good there.

I’ve enjoyed Falkens and Yokohamas that I’ve owned. Pretty good success with BFG and Bridgestone as well. The Bridgestone ATs on the Wrangler are still going strong at 45k miles and remain quiet.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:04 pm

Interested to hear what you end up getting. Good rebates on pirelli right now. The scorpion is a highly rated tire if you’re just staying on pavement.
"Mall Scorpion"
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail.

https://www.falkentire.com/wildpeak/att ... P3EALw_wcB

I have two friends with these and they love them.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Yeah. Dudebro at tire rack recommended either the mall scorpion as plus 3 or the continental crosscontact LX25. He also said there’s no difference with regards to “crossover/suv” tires and regular passenger so why does the crossover category exist? The load ranges and speed ratings are the same for the most part so it seems kind of pointless. An AT tire would be overkill.

Minor freakout about the M. The website went backwards a step and showed it back at port. Called the :dillerman: to confirm it’s actually in NJ and he says it is. Scheduled to be picked up by the carrier on the 7th which means the 9th should still be a go.

Kind of :fullretard: how the progress bar goes back a step when it arrives to port in NJ.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:58 am

Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail.

https://www.falkentire.com/wildpeak/att ... P3EALw_wcB

I have two friends with these and they love them.
Those look cool if you’re willing to sacrifice some MPGs and handling for the looks without going full bro.

I’d imagine gberg just wants minivan tires tho.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

If you stick to stock size I'd be surprised if there's any drop in mpg. That three mountain rating doe
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:20 pm

Yeah. Dudebro at tire rack recommended either the mall scorpion as plus 3 or the continental crosscontact LX25. He also said there’s no difference with regards to “crossover/suv” tires and regular passenger so why does the crossover category exist? The load ranges and speed ratings are the same for the most part so it seems kind of pointless. An AT tire would be overkill.

Minor freakout about the M. The website went backwards a step and showed it back at port. Called the :dillerman: to confirm it’s actually in NJ and he says it is. Scheduled to be picked up by the carrier on the 7th which means the 9th should still be a go.

Kind of :fullretard: how the progress bar goes back a step when it arrives to port in NJ.
You have 24 hrs
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:00 pm
Those look cool if you’re willing to sacrifice some MPGs and handling for the looks without going full bro.

I’d imagine gberg just wants minivan tires tho.
Minivan tires all the way.
max225 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:19 pm You have 24 hrs
Unless bmw screws you again you’ve got this by a few days.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

I like Yokohama tires.
yes
D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:35 pm

I’ve enjoyed Falkens and Yokohamas that I’ve owned. Pretty good success with BFG and Bridgestone as well.
also yes.

had hankooks on the acura mdx too and they were nice. Toyo is also good.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225

What's the shipping update :waiting:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:28 pm What's the shipping update :waiting:
No changes. It's still sitting at the port in new jersey. Truck is scheduled to pick it up on the 7th and diller should have it same day. I'll let them do PDI and I'm scheduled to pick it up this Saturday.

Dropping it off at the detailer the night of the 12th for cologard PPF, tint, and the color matched sidemarkers. Probably going to stick with 40% tint which was on my last GoRf. Should have the car back on the 15th.

Then I've got tire rack scheduled to do a mobile install at my house on the 16th to mount the DWS' on the Apex ramz and throw them on the car.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I've also become aware of a few annoying cost cutting measures that bmw has been doing. Only the interior rearview and driver side exterior mirror have auto dimming. I guess fuck everything on the passenger side? :disgust: This change happened in 2017 and apparently mercedes has been doing the same thing.

They also no longer put the M logo clips in the rear brake caliper like they did in 2021-2023. :pout: I asked the diller to investigate and that's the case now so I've got to buy them. They're only $21 but still. Why are they cheaping out on such an expensive car?

max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:09 pm I've also become aware of a few annoying cost cutting measures that bmw has been doing. Only the interior rearview and driver side exterior mirror have auto dimming. I guess fuck everything on the passenger side? :disgust: This change happened in 2017 and apparently mercedes has been doing the same thing.

They also no longer put the M logo clips in the rear brake caliper like they did in 2021-2023. :pout: I asked the diller to investigate and that's the case now so I've got to buy them. They're only $21 but still. Why are they cheaping out on such an expensive car?

Breh :wat: … who would even notice this … (logos ).
Also more egregious… are those sliders ?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:08 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:09 pm I've also become aware of a few annoying cost cutting measures that bmw has been doing. Only the interior rearview and driver side exterior mirror have auto dimming. I guess fuck everything on the passenger side? :disgust: This change happened in 2017 and apparently mercedes has been doing the same thing.

Breh :wat: … who would even notice this … (logos ).
Also more egregious… are those sliders ?
Lots of people noticed.

Unfortunately they are sliders in the rear BUT they upsized the front. F80 was 4 piston front and 2 piston rear. G80 is 6 piston front and 1 piston floating in the rear.
max225

Well they "cheapened" a lot with the G80... vs say the F80... but comparably speaking the F80 was actually quite a bit MORE expensive when adjusted for inflation.
as far as I know it doesn't have a carbon fiber drive-shaft anymore...
carbon fiber front fenders...
DCT vs pedestrian 8 speed
No Li-ion battery
No rear fixed calipers
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:35 pm Well they "cheapened" a lot with the G80... vs say the F80... but comparably speaking the F80 was actually quite a bit MORE expensive when adjusted for inflation.
as far as I know it doesn't have a carbon fiber drive-shaft anymore...
carbon fiber front fenders...
DCT vs pedestrian 8 speed
No Li-ion battery
No rear fixed calipers
Most of that stuff is :whocares: and unnecessary. The sliders in the rear is the only thing that really bothers me but I haven't seen any reviews complain about the brakes so whatever.

F80's also don't have carbon fiber fenders and the DCT supposedly can't handle the torque of the S58. But with how bulletproof the ZF is, I'd probably rather have that than the DCT anyways.