:wrong: Soviet car reviews

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Valkyrie
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Brooks Glycerin

D Griff wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:08 am Huh, I have avoided Nissan products like the plague at the rental counter, I will give them a second look moving forward. Nice review!

I actually find the current gen Camry to be kind of a go-to when there's nothing interesting to rent or only sedans, :truk: , CUVs, and minivans.

I've had Chevy, VW, slanty H/fake Lexus (Kia) sedans and all are worse than Camry IMO. The Chevy and VW are blandsville from the get-go but the Hyundai/Kia are most disappointing because they actually look really good and then are just sort of blah once you're in them.
I think that once you get above the versa/sentra the Nissans are fine as appliances. I had an Altima rental probably 10 years ago now that was fine, got like 38 mpg on the highway and was comfortable and quiet enough. The lower tier ones are trash, the last one I had, can't remember if sentra or versa, didn't even have cruise control - not adaptive cruise, just regular... I went back to the counter and exchanged it for some SUV since I was about to drive 12 hours on the highway and had booked "Jetta or similar" :disgust:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Altima has a “giant” 2.5 liter beast. I’d prefer that over any sort of gm turbo nightmare.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

My friends are always impressed when they get a Maxima rental too.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:57 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:08 am Huh, I have avoided Nissan products like the plague at the rental counter, I will give them a second look moving forward. Nice review!

I actually find the current gen Camry to be kind of a go-to when there's nothing interesting to rent or only sedans, :truk: , CUVs, and minivans.

I've had Chevy, VW, slanty H/fake Lexus (Kia) sedans and all are worse than Camry IMO. The Chevy and VW are blandsville from the get-go but the Hyundai/Kia are most disappointing because they actually look really good and then are just sort of blah once you're in them.
The sonata seems kind of nice inside, no? Yeah Chevy Malibu might be the worst new car I’ve ever rented. Infotainment was ok but everything else was awful. I was pretty disappointed they gave me that instead of an Altima last year. I should have spoken up. That 1.5?t and CVT combo was horrific.
Yeah, nice enough and quite comfy... I just hate the way they drive. Not that a Camry is exciting but it at least feels like a car... the slanty H products all feel somehow a few levels removed, like you're driving a computer that is operating the vehicle. I don't like that. I also have no faith in the reliability of the brand at this point.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:18 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:57 pm

The sonata seems kind of nice inside, no? Yeah Chevy Malibu might be the worst new car I’ve ever rented. Infotainment was ok but everything else was awful. I was pretty disappointed they gave me that instead of an Altima last year. I should have spoken up. That 1.5?t and CVT combo was horrific.
Yeah, nice enough and quite comfy... I just hate the way they drive. Not that a Camry is exciting but it at least feels like a car... the slanty H products all feel somehow a few levels removed, like you're driving a computer that is operating the vehicle. I don't like that. I also have no faith in the reliability of the brand at this point.
Not to mention, these cars are easily targeted as they seem to be very easy to steal. Especially in my neck of the woods. Apparently you need a phone charger is pretty much the only thing you need. I felt that on the forte that it does feel like driving a video game, not horrible to drive id give it that though. And fucking kia still does ridiculous markups on mediocre mobiles that happen to look good.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.