MrH's Garage Carousel

Strut your greasy stuff!
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

A few updates:

On a whim, I checked Reddit while getting ready for work the other day. Someone posted on the Lightning subreddit that he discovered they opened the reservation list for the free Tesla Supercharger adapter. Saw it like 15 minutes after he posted it and signed up. Press release goes out at 8:00 AM, website gets flooded and crashes. At like 10:00 AM, it came back up and by 2:00, they were up over 10,000 orders, with delivery pushing back into June. Now it's well over 30k+. Might even be in the 50k. Delivery pushed all the way out to September for a lot of people.

I'm order #122 with an April delivery. I don't necessarily "need" it, but got lucky here. It'll just be nice peace of mind that I can road trip and can use most of Tesla's network in addition to Electrify America etc. That's all dependent on getting the software of the truck up to date to utilize the plug and charge functionality. Who knows when that will happen.

- The 80 amp charger is :megusta: Fills the truck fast. Now my portable charger just lives in the truck just in case.
- Been carrying all sorts of stuff in the truck. Having a truck is handy for house things.
- I can't believe this thing is advertised as a B&O sound system. It sounds terrible. The BRZ with the OEM Audio + speakers sounds much better. Someone did a full speaker and sub replacement and said it made a huge difference. I'm not one of those weird bass people. I might go cheap and just try swapping all the speakers and see if that fixes it.
- Still haven't got FORSCAN up and going to add the cool matrix headlights and such. Trying to get it to work on a M2 Macbook Air has been a pain in the ass. I don't have an actual windows laptop that I can use. I might just pick up my desktop and setup in the garage with a small monitor and a long usb cable to get things setup once. :facepalm:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

This Lightning has been truly filled with :alpo: luck :fuckyeah:

Kind of surprising the sound system sucks so hard, I feel like most of my American cars have had decent stereos.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

MrH42 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:21 am A few updates:

On a whim, I checked Reddit while getting ready for work the other day. Someone posted on the Lightning subreddit that he discovered they opened the reservation list for the free Tesla Supercharger adapter. Saw it like 15 minutes after he posted it and signed up. Press release goes out at 8:00 AM, website gets flooded and crashes. At like 10:00 AM, it came back up and by 2:00, they were up over 10,000 orders, with delivery pushing back into June. Now it's well over 30k+. Might even be in the 50k. Delivery pushed all the way out to September for a lot of people.

I'm order #122 with an April delivery. I don't necessarily "need" it, but got lucky here. It'll just be nice peace of mind that I can road trip and can use most of Tesla's network in addition to Electrify America etc. That's all dependent on getting the software of the truck up to date to utilize the plug and charge functionality. Who knows when that will happen.

- The 80 amp charger is :megusta: Fills the truck fast. Now my portable charger just lives in the truck just in case.
- Been carrying all sorts of stuff in the truck. Having a truck is handy for house things.
- I can't believe this thing is advertised as a B&O sound system. It sounds terrible. The BRZ with the OEM Audio + speakers sounds much better. Someone did a full speaker and sub replacement and said it made a huge difference. I'm not one of those weird bass people. I might go cheap and just try swapping all the speakers and see if that fixes it.
- Still haven't got FORSCAN up and going to add the cool matrix headlights and such. Trying to get it to work on a M2 Macbook Air has been a pain in the ass. I don't have an actual windows laptop that I can use. I might just pick up my desktop and setup in the garage with a small monitor and a long usb cable to get things setup once. :facepalm:
Can you use every Tesla supercharger or is it just select locations ?
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

MrH42 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:21 am A few updates:

This is obviously :wrong: as this is clearly not a real :truk:

Bus cereally, glad you're enjoying your not-a-truck. Sounds quite decent over all.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

D Griff wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:27 pm This Lightning has been truly filled with :alpo: luck :fuckyeah:

Kind of surprising the sound system sucks so hard, I feel like most of my American cars have had decent stereos.
They all seem to cheap out on speakers, which is weird to me. Good speakers vs dirt cheap paper speakers is like <$100 more at large scale.
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:04 pm
Any supercharger V3 and up I believe? Not sure what percentage of superchargers meet that requirement.

Kind of weird, but I guess it makes sense: This adapter is only for DC fast charging. Tesla level 2 AC chargers (like at someone's house or a destination charger at a hotel) require a totally different adapter. The one they're sending me is missing the AC pins, and the other one is missing the DC pins. I would have thought this adapter they're sending would be able to do both, but I guess not.
wap wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:14 pm

Bus cereally, glad you're enjoying your not-a-truck. Sounds quite decent over all.
It's a solid daily driver. I had some customers in town the other day for work. We were jumping between office locations, and one of them rode with me. A German guy who was really into cars. He couldn't wrap his head around it and kept laughing when I floored it. We agreed, it's the most American vehicle ever. Stuff a huge amounts of batteries into big truck and give it 580 hp and 775 lb-ft. Sounds about right.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

MrH42 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:19 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:27 pm This Lightning has been truly filled with :alpo: luck :fuckyeah:

They all seem to cheap out on speakers, which is weird to me. Good speakers vs dirt cheap paper speakers is like <$100 more at large scale.
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:04 pm
Any supercharger V3 and up I believe? Not sure what percentage of superchargers meet that requirement.

Kind of weird, but I guess it makes sense: This adapter is only for DC fast charging. Tesla level 2 AC chargers (like at someone's house or a destination charger at a hotel) require a totally different adapter. The one they're sending me is missing the AC pins, and the other one is missing the DC pins. I would have thought this adapter they're sending would be able to do both, but I guess not.
wap wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:14 pm

It's a solid daily driver. I had some customers in town the other day for work. We were jumping between office locations, and one of them rode with me. A German guy who was really into cars. He couldn't wrap his head around it and kept laughing when I floored it. We agreed, it's the most American vehicle ever. Stuff a huge amounts of batteries into big truck and give it 580 hp and 775 lb-ft. Sounds about right.
:truckyeah: :murica:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Got a nail in a tire this weekend. Luckily it was an easy plug.

Been getting software updates at a rate of about 1/week now. They're slowly getting everyone caught up. There have been some leaks about new stuff coming to 7.0 that will hopefully happen in the next month or two. Looks like their first step is to get most trucks to the current revision before they release the next big change.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

MrH42 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:13 pm Got a nail in a tire this weekend. Luckily it was an easy plug.

Been getting software updates at a rate of about 1/week now. They're slowly getting everyone caught up. There have been some leaks about new stuff coming to 7.0 that will hopefully happen in the next month or two. Looks like their first step is to get most trucks to the current revision before they release the next big change.
That’s a weird number of updates … what are they doing.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:13 pm
MrH42 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:13 pm Got a nail in a tire this weekend. Luckily it was an easy plug.

That’s a weird number of updates … what are they doing.
Tons of really minor things, nothing really memorable. Some are just improvement & stability updates. Others change the UI slightly and add some features. What's interesting: each ECU in the vehicle gets updates separately to some degree. There's a body control module, powertrain related one, battery one, etc. Last update was to get the truck to talk with Tesla superchargers. It's been radio silence for the last few weeks since I got that one.

In other news: I got my Tesla supercharger adapter. Seems nice :iono: Haven't used it yet, and probably won't for awhile. At some point, I'll go test it to make sure it works as intended before I try road tripping this thing anywhere.

I've decided these speakers suck too much. I'll be ripping them out and replacing them at some point. I'm not even an audiophile. They're just garbage. I'll take some pictures once I figure out what I'm doing with it.

Also, this is how I got a nail in my tire: https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/po ... hree-towns