OT 16: A pirate's life for me!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:40 am We adopted two Ivory Point Siamese kittens last night... stumbled into PetsMart, and they had a litter of four. Wifey's wanted a Siamese cat for a while but most of the litters she found had either a calico or orange tabby as the others, and we can't "replace" the two we lost last year.

We adopted a male/female bonded pair, and named them Lily & Neville.

:neat: :pussy: :pussy:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:45 am
troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:43 am I'm too lazy to hunt for things at thrift stores, especially since almost everything is way too big for me. It might be different if we lived in a real city with some skinny people.
Yea, as a :fatty: it works pretty well. Plus, wife enjoys going to thrift stores, so I never even have to set foot in one. She makes outings of it with friends. "Fun" :disgust:
:disgust:
Mine has started hitting our local Good Will store, too. She does occasionally come home with some :notbad: :scrooge: clothing finds :doe: . Saturday she bought a jacket with the original tag still on it so it had never been worn. The original price on the tag was $69.99 and she paid $5.99 for it.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:00 am
troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:54 am :notwrong: :derp:

:lol: :notwrong: but we’ve also gone from “lack of access to information” to every fucktard having a soapbox to spread misinformation from...
:dat: :disgust:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:00 am
troyguitar wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:54 am :notwrong: :derp:

:lol: :notwrong: but we’ve also gone from “lack of access to information” to every fucktard having a soapbox to spread misinformation from...
:dat:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:40 am We adopted two Ivory Point Siamese kittens last night... stumbled into PetsMart, and they had a litter of four. Wifey's wanted a Siamese cat for a while but most of the litters she found had either a calico or orange tabby as the others, and we can't "replace" the two we lost last year.

We adopted a male/female bonded pair, and named them Lily & Neville.

:neat: , those are some pretty :pussy:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

KITTIES
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:45 pm Image
Cute little evil doers.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

The lighter one kinda looks like a jungle cat with the thicker snout
SAWCE

Slept like shit most of last week and then into this week. Finally feel like I got a good night’s sleep last night. Huge difference in how I’m feeling at my desk this morning.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:51 am Slept like shit most of last week and then into this week. Finally feel like I got a good night’s sleep last night. Huge difference in how I’m feeling at my desk this morning.
Didja quit dope or something?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I am finding it tough to give a shit this week knowing I have the interview at Wheatstone Friday.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:52 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:51 am Slept like shit most of last week and then into this week. Finally feel like I got a good night’s sleep last night. Huge difference in how I’m feeling at my desk this morning.
There were a few nights where I didn’t smoke, but I think it was just mental from dealing with the breakup.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:59 am

There were a few nights where I didn’t smoke, but I think it was just mental from dealing with the breakup.
Yeah that can definitely make things hard... ::hue:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Wait :wat:

Also, hi I'm back, checking in from mobile
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:59 pm

Michelle and I called it quits. No big fight, just sat to talk and came away from it with the realization that it’ll be best for us both in the long run. Too many differences in both lifestyle and thought processes, different goals, etc.

She’s going to be moving out. Has a holding deposit down on a place, but the current tenants won’t be out until 8/26 or something, so we’re cohabiting “our” place until then. I’ll start looking for a roommate to rent the second room out tonight. Gonna clean and take pictures and throw an ad up.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:21 pm

Michelle and I called it quits. No big fight, just sat to talk and came away from it with the realization that it’ll be best for us both in the long run. Too many differences in both lifestyle and thought processes, different goals, etc.

She’s going to be moving out. Has a holding deposit down on a place, but the current tenants won’t be out until 8/26 or something, so we’re cohabiting “our” place until then. I’ll start looking for a roommate to rent the second room out tonight. Gonna clean and take pictures and throw an ad up.
:wub: you bro. Hope things are starting to look up.

Wishing you luck on the roommie search, roommates can be a challenging thing.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:59 pm

Thanks man. First few days were tough, but we were kinda leaning on each other for support.. last few days we’ve been back to arguing about dumb shit, so it’ll be nice when she’s finally out at the end of the month.

Hoping I can find someone decent for the room. It’s so much cheaper to live with someone out here, and 1br prices are even higher now than what I was paying last year. Worst case scenario, I just ride the end of this lease out with someone who is whatever until February, then we go separate ways and I get a place if my own. Hoping to find someone cool that I wouldn’t mind signing another year with after this lease is up though. Keep saving money.

Split rent right now is $1150/month and I have a washer/dryer, dishwasher, a/c, a small garage, and includes my water, trash, and sewage bills. A one bedroom with none of those amenities would run me about $1600.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:14 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:59 pm

Thanks man. First few days were tough, but we were kinda leaning on each other for support.. last few days we’ve been back to arguing about dumb shit, so it’ll be nice when she’s finally out at the end of the month.

Hoping I can find someone decent for the room. It’s so much cheaper to live with someone out here, and 1br prices are even higher now than what I was paying last year. Worst case scenario, I just ride the end of this lease out with someone who is whatever until February, then we go separate ways and I get a place if my own. Hoping to find someone cool that I wouldn’t mind signing another year with after this lease is up though. Keep saving money.

Split rent right now is $1150/month and I have a washer/dryer, dishwasher, a/c, a small garage, and includes my water, trash, and sewage bills. A one bedroom with none of those amenities would run me about $1600.
Yeah that's really not bad. Apartments are expensive. Our one bedroom is about $1600 OTD with everything. :disgust:

How much is buying a decent house in the outskirts of San Diego?
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:01 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:14 pm

Yeah that's really not bad. Apartments are expensive. Our one bedroom is about $1600 OTD with everything. :disgust:

Still too much. All the way out in Santee, 3 bed 2 bath houses are going for mid 500s. And it’s not a place you’d want to live at all.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:07 pm

Still too much. All the way out in Santee, 3 bed 2 bath houses are going for mid 500s. And it’s not a place you’d want to live at all.
No condo? That could be a great call.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Diego/335 ... me/5857908
https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Diego/570 ... me/5513078
etc?
SAWCE

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:29 pm

No condo? That could be a great call.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Diego/335 ... me/5857908
https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Diego/570 ... me/5513078
etc?
:notbad: but I know I won’t be in San Diego long term, so buying doesn’t interest me. Ideally I’ll be out in the next couple of years.

Think I’ve mentioned it on here, but don’t remember. Getting PMP certificate through work, then I plan on trying to move up to our WA location as a program manager.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:word:

In all of the recent excitement with my interview Friday, I decided to float doing outside sales here by my boss to see where I'm at with that before possibly :nope: out. We were talking about Western US outside commercial sales and SD came up as a possible area to live. I'd love to with the great weather, access to beaches/mountains, etc but figured it's a little bit less expensive than SF/LA.. still kind of too much :doe:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:35 pm
:notbad: but I know I won’t be in San Diego long term, so buying doesn’t interest me. Ideally I’ll be out in the next couple of years.

Think I’ve mentioned it on here, but don’t remember. Getting PMP certificate through work, then I plan on trying to move up to our WA location as a program manager.
Seattle would be so dope but I think it's even more :waxer: than SD...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Dang, sorry to hear,but probably for the best
brain go brrrrrr