2019 Mazderp3

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:59 pm
I thought these were Buicks at quick glance
Same!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Detroit wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:10 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:59 pm

I thought these were Buicks at quick glance
Same!
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

https://jalopnik.com/here-is-the-2019-mazda3-1830695647

Digging the sedan. Not so sure on the c pillar area on the hatch
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Not liking the hatch whatsoever
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Yea gotta see the hatch in person. I have a feeling it'll look better in the metal.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

[user not found] wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:49 pm Did some snooping in the Mazderp backend and dug out some info:

Sedan looks to drop the manuel completely.

There is no Sport trim on the hatch.

AWD will be offered on both sedan and hatch in both Touring and Grand Touring trims.

Manuel is Grand Touring hatch only.

Colors on the hatch will be the following, with either black or red interiors on the Grand Touring, and black and grey on the touring.
Sonic silver metallic
Deep crystal blue mica
Polymetal gray mica
Soul red crystal metallic
Machine gray metallic
Titanium flash metallic
Jet black mica
Snowflake white pearl

Colors on the sedan will be the following, with either black or white interiors on the Grand Touring, or black and grey on the touring, and only black interior on the sport.
Jet black mica
Snowflake white pearl
Sonic silver metallic
Deep crystal blue mica
Machine gray metallic
Soul red crystal metallic
Titanium flash mica

Sport trim will be limited to only Deep crystal blue, Snowflake white, Jet black, and Sonic silver exterior colors.

Obviously things are subject to change, but I've confirmed that the AWD will be auto only. That is 100%.
Nor surprised awd will be auto only, i recall the a3 hatch here only comes with manuel on its fwd application
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I'll be interested to see the red and white GT interiors, and eventually test them with the new engines. The sedan looks way better than the hatch. I already hate the visibility and chopped rear on our hatch, I'm guessing we'd just go sedan on the new one.

It'll be a tough sell at probably $30k and no more IRS when the fancy engine finally comes out :doe: That's :turboyaris: territory.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Dat's purty
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

:whocares: :wrong: :butwhy:

Now that that’s out of the way... I’ll like the hatch in soul red metalic :megusta:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Info rotary controller is new. Touch sensitive maybe?

I don’t know what to feel about this. Sedan looks great and closer to an evolution from the 1st gen. Hatch looks...... I dunno. Off. Gotta see it in person.

AWD is good, skyactivX supercharged engine should be good, automatic is good. That’s a nice ass interior a step above current VWs IMO.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

No manual with awd is disappointing
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

In this day and age when Japanese cars need to be caricatures of themselves, Mazda continues to be refreshingly elegant and simple. Love that 3 hatch, inside and outside. Nobody else is making something like this. Whether there's a market for it or not remains to be seen, but it's very well done IMO.

:bravo:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

I'm also really interested in the driving reviews with the new rear suspension
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Hopefully they change their minds and offer the manual with the sedan. I'd have to see the hatch in person, but right now, I'm not digging it. The sedan looks so much more elegant.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

dtraill27 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:14 am No manual with awd is disappointing
Probably FWD biased :aintcare:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:47 am Info rotary controller is new. Touch sensitive maybe?

I don’t know what to feel about this. Sedan looks great and closer to an evolution from the 1st gen. Hatch looks...... I dunno. Off. Gotta see it in person.

AWD is good, skyactivX supercharged engine should be good, automatic is good. That’s a nice ass interior a step above current VWs IMO.
It's supercharged, but not really for powah. It's there to control A/F ratios for the (spark assisted) compression ignited mixture.

it's all quite complicated, but I'm super interested to see how well Mazda has pulled it off.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dtraill27 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:14 am No manual with awd is disappointing
:dat: it would be a great alternative to the wrx
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:31 am I'll be interested to see the red and white GT interiors, and eventually test them with the new engines. The sedan looks way better than the hatch. I already hate the visibility and chopped rear on our hatch, I'm guessing we'd just go sedan on the new one.

It'll be a tough sell at probably $30k and no more IRS when the fancy engine finally comes out :doe: That's :turboyaris: territory.

Looks really dark, hopefully it's not like that in real life. One thing I want in a car if I ever spend $20k+ on one is a bright and airy cabin.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:44 am I'm excited to get this in and see it in person.

The wife is excited about the red interior option, so I'm gonna keep stoking that fire and try and pull her away from the MINI lifestyle.
Did they say when to expect it in showrooms?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

More reasons to go to dc autoshow this year
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

The only thing I don't love about that hatch is how when viewed from behind, the sides taper in so much toward the top. I'd like them to be a little more up and down and boxy.. Seems like it would increase cargo space a bit too.
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:23 am In this day and age when Japanese cars need to be caricatures of themselves, Mazda continues to be refreshingly elegant and simple. Love that 3 hatch, inside and outside. Nobody else is making something like this. Whether there's a market for it or not remains to be seen, but it's very well done IMO.

:bravo:
Spot-on! :like: :like:
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

4zilch wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:58 am :whocares: :wrong: :butwhy:

Now that that’s out of the way... I’ll like the hatch in soul red metalic :megusta:
Soul-RED hatch FTW. Tan leather loaded. Will be interested to see the reviews. Better brakes????
troyguitar

SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:15 pm The only thing I don't love about that hatch is how when viewed from behind, the sides taper in so much toward the top. I'd like them to be a little more up and down and boxy.. Seems like it would increase cargo space a bit too.
The rear of the hatch reminds me a lot of the latest Velobster. Super :fatty: pear-shaped Hugh Jass look with tiny windows, a tiny hatch, and a tiny cargo area for no damn reason. :buywhy:

It's like they're purposely making hatches less and less useful to push people to buy SUV's instead. Fuckers.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:56 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:15 pm The only thing I don't love about that hatch is how when viewed from behind, the sides taper in so much toward the top. I'd like them to be a little more up and down and boxy.. Seems like it would increase cargo space a bit too.
The rear of the hatch reminds me a lot of the latest Velobster. Super :fatty: pear-shaped Hugh Jass look with tiny windows, a tiny hatch, and a tiny cargo area for no damn reason. :buywhy:

It's like they're purposely making hatches less and less useful to push people to buy SUV's instead. Fuckers.
Yeah.. the footprint is there, so why not take advantage of that interior space by running the sides almost straight up. I'm sure there's aerodynamics involved, but it can't make that big of a difference... Give us the interior space!