What is your current car lust?

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote:
MexicanYarisTK wrote:
Man the si will look like the rich mexican high school kids car then lol. I'll take the 9th gen with the good ol NA engine. I have had a glorified honda with a different K24 series engine with roughly the same redline, hp and torque.
DEPORT IT ON DAY 1
then the sales will suffer, civic si is to younger latinos as chrysler 300, chargers to black people lol.
personally 9/10 i see an Si, is a hispanic. my friends older brother whose also in the same nationality had one and he looks hispanic too lol.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote:
Detroit wrote: Yea, the engine is the weak point in the STI. In the others, it's the rest of the car. :lolol:
Yeah. However, if you leave it stock it shouldn't really have a problem for the first owner.

I'm really really :notsure: about that RS rear diff. It's soooo small. And reports of overheating already :disgust:
I think the RS is too far on the edge. People will mod them and explode them in short order.

But yea, you'd never have an issue with an STI during your ownershit. As long as you off it by 70k miles, you're fine.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: DEPORT IT ON DAY 1
BUILD THE WALL NAOOO
Actually. If trade agreements are shattered and imports are taxed out the fucking ass.... the time is now to buy an import car. Low depreciation will be even lower due to new models costing way more in tax.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
BUILD THE WALL NAOOO
then mexico will have worse economy than rest of central american countries. If they actually pay for it.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
then the sales will suffer, civic si is to younger latinos as chrysler 300, chargers to black people lol.
personally 9/10 i see an Si, is a hispanic. my friends older brother whose also in the same nationality had one and he looks hispanic too lol.
Most hombres in my hood go for the older civics and put speed holes, tow hooks, and wings on them.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote:
Detroit wrote: BUILD THE WALL NAOOO
Actually. If trade agreements are shattered and imports are taxed out the fucking ass.... the time is now to buy an import car. Low depreciation will be even lower due to new models costing way more in tax.
Good point.

I just don't see trade agreements being :nuke: anytime soon. Maybe in the next few years, if ever. Trump will not fulfill this promise, IMO. He's a biznezz man, and he knows the truth deep down.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

troyguitar wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Recent TTAC article on the :manuel: civic hatch made it sound totally appliance like. No, the way to Civic is and always has been Si. And that gets revealed next week.
No hatch on the Si plus it's more money. :iono: it can't be any less exciting than a GTI.
It's real "exciting" with the shit all seasons they put on it.
:therapist:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Yeah. However, if you leave it stock it shouldn't really have a problem for the first owner.

I'm really really :notsure: about that RS rear diff. It's soooo small. And reports of overheating already :disgust:
I think the RS is too far on the edge. People will mod them and explode them in short order.

But yea, you'd never have an issue with an STI during your ownershit. As long as you off it by 70k miles, you're fine.
or total them, drift mode yo. :lolol:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:
MexicanYarisTK wrote:
Most hombres in my hood go for the older civics and put speed holes, tow hooks, and wings on them.
here too and yet I have seen some hispanic looking people in 9th gen refresh, but mostly it's either azn's or white college students.
Johnny_P

Calvinball wrote:
troyguitar wrote: No hatch on the Si plus it's more money. :iono: it can't be any less exciting than a GTI.
I remain very curious about the base 2.0 motor. The last civic base motor was "kill me now" kinds of awful. This one sounds like a 2.0 version of the one in your car. 158 HP. Lightweight car. It won't handle overly well and the brakes are probably totally shit, but might be fun in the old Honda "shitty car that you drive the balls off" sort of way. Like the 1st gen Fit was with :manuel:
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Most hombres in my hood go for the older civics and put speed holes, tow hooks, and wings on them.
here too and yet I have seen some hispanic looking people in 9th gen refresh, but mostly it's either azn's or white college students.
DEPORT DEPORT DEPORT!
ChrisoftheNorth

:thankstrump:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:
MexicanYarisTK wrote:
DEPORT DEPORT DEPORT!
you're against azn's too?

It's a good thing I look like a white american :lol:
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 2017 Subaru STi / Vapemachine

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
KiaGiver wrote:I want this STi to get the fuck over here already.
you jumped the BMW ship?

Here's an advice, STI has turn signals. I hope it won't be that hard to get used to

:trollface:
This guy
I like rumbles, vape juice and mudflaps :gay:

Need Modz? Hit me up!
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: DEPORT DEPORT DEPORT!
you're against azn's too?

It's a good thing I look like a white american :lol:
The news has been really sad lately. Lots of shit happening in HIGH SCHOOLS across the country, with people chanting build a wall in lunch rooms, etc. People with headdresses getting their clothing pulled and choked. Swastikas being spray painted in high schools and public places across SE PA. People harassing anyone non-white about "better leave the country now!"

I get the argument FOR Trump, really. People upset that their manufacturing jobs and plants are closing, their communities degrading because there's no work and no influx of money. But this is the kind of shit I was worried about, the 5% of Trump supporters that are raging assholes lashing out at innocent people.
KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Johnny_P wrote:
KiaGiver wrote:
Did you order yours yet? What color did you get?
I did not :sad:
One thing after another, no time for an entire day of :dillerman:
I should email that dillerbreh doe. See if he can locate a blue one for me. I'm like a swing state but I think I'm swinging blue.
?? it took me all of 15 minutes to order the STI lol. What took me longer was the test drive and talking about my trade in - which I could have done at the time of sale in January. I ended up selling my M3 private party anyway.

Need Modz? Hit me up!
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote:
Detroit wrote: Yea, the engine is the weak point in the STI. In the others, it's the rest of the car. :lolol:
Yeah. However, if you leave it stock it shouldn't really have a problem for the first owner.

Dude for normal peasant driving the car will be in fwd mode. The rear diff will be fine and almost never be used.

The only way to overheat it, is to put it into drift mode to try and pretend that an awd car with at most 60% rear torque split can drift, whoever the retard was that designed that should lose his job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
max225

Johnny_P wrote:
Calvinball wrote:
I remain very curious about the base 2.0 motor. The last civic base motor was "kill me now" kinds of awful. This one sounds like a 2.0 version of the one in your car. 158 HP. Lightweight car. It won't handle overly well and the brakes are probably totally shit, but might be fun in the old Honda "shitty car that you drive the balls off" sort of way. Like the 1st gen Fit was with :manuel:
No... 0-60 in 9 seconds. Fuck that id rather base golf

Johnny_P

KiaGiver wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: I did not :sad:
One thing after another, no time for an entire day of :dillerman:
I should email that dillerbreh doe. See if he can locate a blue one for me. I'm like a swing state but I think I'm swinging blue.
?? it took me all of 15 minutes to order the STI lol. What took me longer was the test drive and talking about my trade in - which I could have done at the time of sale in January. I ended up selling my M3 private party anyway.
It's a 45 minute drive on a good day to get to :dillerman:
Spend a few there. Explain that I have my own financing. Let finance guy freak out. An hour or two later they find financing and I sign papers and 15 minutes of declining extra warranties.
Then 45 minute drive home without new car because they have to go pick it up.

Easy 4 hours, maybe more.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

maxtdi wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Yeah. However, if you leave it stock it shouldn't really have a problem for the first owner.

Dude for normal peasant driving the car will be in fwd mode. The rear diff will be fine and almost never be used.

The only way to overheat it, is to put it into drift mode to try and pretend that an awd car with at most 60% rear torque split can drift, whoever the retard was that designed that should lose his job

Probably got a bonus doe.
Johnny_P

maxtdi wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: I remain very curious about the base 2.0 motor. The last civic base motor was "kill me now" kinds of awful. This one sounds like a 2.0 version of the one in your car. 158 HP. Lightweight car. It won't handle overly well and the brakes are probably totally shit, but might be fun in the old Honda "shitty car that you drive the balls off" sort of way. Like the 1st gen Fit was with :manuel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUePLA-iBCA

9? More like high 7s.
Johnny_P

maxtdi wrote:

That's the other reason I'd STI. Power always going to the :datass:
It really did drive incredibly well too. And the engine was buttery smooth. So nice.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:
maxtdi wrote:

9? More like high 7s.
Dangerously slow.
max225

Johnny_P wrote:
maxtdi wrote:

9? More like high 7s.
Right and the brz goes 0-60 in under 6. Clutch shattering launches don't count. That shit is slow as balls. It is all about the 1.5T
The 1.8 that is in the azns mk1 civic is a shit engine, it has no power anywhere. This is just the same pos with a bit of extra displacement. Literally my tdi destroys that's car from a launch or just in daily driving. And that's pathetic because it is a turd

KiaGiver
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Johnny_P wrote:
KiaGiver wrote:
It's a 45 minute drive on a good day to get to :dillerman:
Spend a few there. Explain that I have my own financing. Let finance guy freak out. An hour or two later they find financing and I sign papers and 15 minutes of declining extra warranties.
Then 45 minute drive home without new car because they have to go pick it up.

Easy 4 hours, maybe more.
My brother's WRX took about a week and as the week progressed they slowly did the paperwork through email/fax and then my brother picked up the car and signed 1-2 more forms and called it a day

Just do it all through phone or email - especially since you have your own financing anyway

Need Modz? Hit me up!