OT 13: Unholy Guacamole

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

SAWCE wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:27 pm Michelle just had that phone interview for the job in Portland... No word on the potential job at Sharp yet since the initial contact.
My friend got a job offer at Sharp a few months ago, but declined and stayed with his current company for more $.
:crang:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

nuggstein wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:54 pm
razr390 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:52 pm

At least he was honest with you unlike that VW dealership charging you $730 for a carbon cleaning when that’s what it costs without the intake manifold being opened up by warranty. :lolgasm:
yo this dude doesn't know who I am. Or who we are as a company. Imagine I said that to one of our customers? They have an issue and I go, I don't think you'll understand, but here you go anyways? And VW didn't charge me $730 for a carbon cleaning...

:wtf:
I mean I agree he shouldn’t have said the “you might not understand but here you go” and I would’ve just said “simply put this is what happened...”

How much did you pay for the carbon cleaning?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

nuggstein wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:43 pm So some of us are testing/deploying a patching management product that is cloud based (works off of the internet/website - we don't host the servers). Anyways, while we were working with it yesterday, the site went down on numerous occasions for hours. And this wasn't the first time. So, I was asked to send an email out to the support team requesting a root cause analysis of the issue. I mean, we're supposed to be testing this so we sign up other customers/manage their patching through this. We've already purchased the product.

Anyways, some "Security & Operations Manager" responds to my email shortly after I send it. He apologies about the issue, said they have been working on it around the clock for the past two days, and they finally resolved it. Then he has the audacity to say the following:

"I’m afraid much of the root cause you most likely will not be familiar with, but to lay it out as simply as possible." And then proceeded to explain the issue. We're the customers! Dafuq?

What a :dong:
Was he right doe?

Still not very tactful
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

razr390 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:20 pm

yo this dude doesn't know who I am. Or who we are as a company. Imagine I said that to one of our customers? They have an issue and I go, I don't think you'll understand, but here you go anyways? And VW didn't charge me $730 for a carbon cleaning...

I mean I agree he shouldn’t have said the “you might not understand but here you go” and I would’ve just said “simply put this is what happened...”

Three fiddy.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
nuggstein

like 320 or 350 or something?
razr390

Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:21 pm

Three fiddy.
Free.99

That’s still too much money
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
nuggstein

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:21 pm
nuggstein wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:43 pm So some of us are testing/deploying a patching management product that is cloud based (works off of the internet/website - we don't host the servers). Anyways, while we were working with it yesterday, the site went down on numerous occasions for hours. And this wasn't the first time. So, I was asked to send an email out to the support team requesting a root cause analysis of the issue. I mean, we're supposed to be testing this so we sign up other customers/manage their patching through this. We've already purchased the product.

Anyways, some "Security & Operations Manager" responds to my email shortly after I send it. He apologies about the issue, said they have been working on it around the clock for the past two days, and they finally resolved it. Then he has the audacity to say the following:

"I’m afraid much of the root cause you most likely will not be familiar with, but to lay it out as simply as possible." And then proceeded to explain the issue. We're the customers! Dafuq?

What a :dong:
Was he right doe?

Still not very tactful
No, in fact I wish he explained it in more detail than he had.
razr390

nuggstein wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:21 pm

like 320 or 350 or something?
Still a bit too much to be honest.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

nuggstein wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:22 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:21 pm

Was he right doe?

Still not very tactful
No, in fact I wish he explained it in more detail than he had.
How did you respond?

Keep it 💯 ?
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:22 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:21 pm
Three fiddy.
Free.99

How? At $100/hour, 3.5 hours seems like what it would cost. :iono:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

razr390 wrote:Just came to the realization that it’s great to be ambitious but it’s also great to enjoy what you have and accomplish shit at your own pace. Fuck the Jones’s
:dat:

You're like a lot of us... Guilty of always chasing the next thing. Absolutely nothing wrong with just enjoying where you're at, learning from it, and getting really good at it.

The part of a job a couple years in when I realize you're excellent at what you do is really nice.
razr390

Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:28 pm
Free.99

When I went to my local :dillerman: for the IM warranty job they charged me $138 for the carbon cleaning. I saw them scrubbing AND work order said “performed carbon cleaning manual scrub”
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Free.99

VW tech takes 3 hours to clean it? Damn.

Taking it apart and putting it back together should be all warranty work, no?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote:Michelle just had that phone interview for the job in Portland... No word on the potential job at Sharp yet since the initial contact.
I was in Portland this week. It is certainly a beautiful part of the world and seems liveable. I was on a run and saw a nice waterfront townhouse with garage for $350k :notbad:

Also traffic wasn't at horribad levels at all.

I think it would be a nice place to live if you can handle the :poop: weather.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:29 pm
razr390 wrote:Just came to the realization that it’s great to be ambitious but it’s also great to enjoy what you have and accomplish shit at your own pace. Fuck the Jones’s

You're like a lot of us... Guilty of always chasing the next thing. Absolutely nothing wrong with just enjoying where you're at, learning from it, and getting really good at it.

The part of a job a couple years in when I realize you're excellent at what you do is really nice.

Completely agree.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm

:dat: what I’m saying. Labor to take apart and put back the intake manifold is covered under warranty. How long does it take to scrub the parts of carbon?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

@surf, the house is looking great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
razr390

D Griff wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:29 pm

For sure. I think what it breaks down to for me is to have the mentality of “enjoy what you have while you chase what you want”

Or else you’ll never really be happy
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:35 pm
SAWCE wrote:Michelle just had that phone interview for the job in Portland... No word on the potential job at Sharp yet since the initial contact.
I was in Portland this week. It is certainly a beautiful part of the world and seems liveable. I was on a run and saw a nice waterfront townhouse with garage for $350k :notbad:

Also traffic wasn't at horribad levels at all.

I think it would be a nice place to live if you can handle the :poop: weather.
Yeah, housing is much more affordable than it is out here.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

razr390 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:36 pm

:dat: what I’m saying. Labor to take apart and put back the intake manifold is covered under warranty. How long does it take to scrub the parts of carbon?
And which dealer would that be?

I believe I have the carbon cleaning invoice and that took just as long
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:00 pmHowdy folks
:hai: eating carne asada, green beans, and rice. My favorite meal of the day.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:30 pm
When I went to my local :dillerman: for the IM warranty job they charged me $138 for the carbon cleaning. I saw them scrubbing AND work order said “performed carbon cleaning manual scrub”
Yea, because warranty covered the cost to remove the intake. It probably would have been 350 of they hadn't done the warranty work.
ChrisoftheNorth

Why would it be covered under warranty?
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:23 pm

I have the same question. I never heard of the intake manifold being taken apart being covered by someone's warranty.
razr390

SAWCE wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:25 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:23 pm
I have the same question. I never heard of the intake manifold being taken apart being covered by someone's warranty.
Intake manifold was a “water pump” sort of repair item on 2011-2014 mk6 GTI’s. It is covered under extended manufacturer/warranty up to 120,000 miles.