OT 11: Troyway to Heaven

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:51 am
nuggstein wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:50 am I don't think I can ever be "sold a car" just by walking into a dealership. I know what I'm looking for and know a price point. The same way advertisements and commercials don't do anything for me.
They should have the service writers sell you cars.
:lolol: They'd all become millionaires in no time.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

razr390 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:22 am
nuggstein wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:01 am
I kinda want you to sell me a car. :gaydance:
:wat:

This makes no sense.
Fucking :crang:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

wap wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:47 am
razr390 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:22 am

:wat:

This makes no sense.
Fucking :crang:
:dat:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:01 am Found donuts in the break room. Such profit. Mood has improved dramatically.
:fuckyeah: Great way to start a Friday.
wap

Apex wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:30 am
wap wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:27 am

Industrial sales is much easier than retail, IMO. You're generally dealing with a more knowledgeable clientele than general retail :derp: s. And you tend to have a smaller, repeating customer base.

Though, I've never worked any sort of retail sales jerb so I may be full of :poop:
I think you're pretty spot on.
:fuckyeah:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Going with my friend to UM so he can show me the campus since I showed him FIU’s campus and now the police station.

Shouts out to Griffington
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:36 am
wap wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:33 am

:lolol:

He's a 'walk softly and carry a big :alpo: can' kinda man.
:notbad: :lol:
wap

razr390 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:27 am Going with my friend to UM so he can show me the campus since I showed him FIU’s campus and now the police station.

You flying to Ann Arbor or driving?
wap

[user not found] wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:33 am Apparently I have a new avatar?
:fuckyeah:
Secret :[user not found]: Man!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

razr390 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:27 am Going with my friend to UM so he can show me the campus since I showed him FIU’s campus and now the police station.

:fuckyeah: :jimp:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:33 am Apparently I have a new avatar?
:fuckyeah: Fitting for Secret :[user not found]: Man!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:34 am

:rolleyes:

wap

D Griff wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:43 am
wap wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:34 am

:rolleyes:

:trollface:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Michelle agreed to watch a coworker's dog. It's a little shit and I hate it already. Chihuahua/daschund mix or some shit. Barks like crazy at everything, and then I was getting upset at Ava cause she kept going over to check it out, which would set it off again and then she'd bark back at it. It's not her fault, so it's not fair for me to get mad at her, but if I get mad at that thing I'll wind up punting it into the neighbors yard...
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

[user not found] wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:01 am Found donuts in the break room. Such profit. Mood has improved dramatically.
Today parts manager brought in donuts. Service manager brought in breakfast sandwiches. Customer sent in a box of cookies with their pickup. Other customer works for the local japanese restaurant and had them drop off some amazing Spicy Chicken Basil Fried Rice.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Happy Friday fuckers. Returned from the wonderful air quality in SF to glorious levels of allergies in Austin. Yaaaaaaaay!
razr390

UM is 5/7. Chicks everywhere.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

So one of my "friends" messaged me and asked me if I wanted to go to a comedy show next Friday, since he had an extra ticket. It's near where we both used to live. I assume that by "extra ticket" means that I am paying for it, and he was just inviting me. I told him I will probably go, but I that need to figure out what my plans are. I have a wedding to attend to with my family on Saturday, as well as with my girlfriend. My friend lives in NYC. He does not have a car, nor does he have a license. His mom never let him use her car to practice with. He takes public transportation to and from work, and he works in Jersey...which is the completely opposite of what you want to do when you live in NYC. He just lives in NYC because of all of the bars and girls.

I told him I'd probably want to stay at my mom's and not drive back to Hoboken. Anyways, after telling him this, he said it should end around 1130pm, and we'd be back by 12am. That's pretty inconvenient for me because I'd have to wake up early and go immediately back to my mom's house. I also told him I'd also be inconveniencing my girlfriend since she'd have to take the train to my mom's house in the morning rather than me drive her. (so both sides have an inconvenience. )

So he said, "go back to Hoboken, otherwise I have to uber." (he'd be able to take the train from there)

We talked a bit more, then he said that the "tickets were $70 and that I could have gone for free", but now he is rescinding my offer and will find someone else to go. He said because I didn't "offer to drive him home" and was selfish and only thought about myself.

Dafuq? He said that it would take him an hour to get back to the city otherwise. I told him I was going to offer him to stay at my mom's place, or I'd drive him to a bus or train. I told him if he had asked me to drive him home, I probably would've done it, but instead it was "go back to Hoboken, otherwise I have to uber."

what the fuck.
:crang:
razr390

Who the fuck cares
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Get better friends? Sounds like a bunch of bullshit.
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:38 pm
nuggstein wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:32 pm So one of my "friends" messaged me and asked me if I wanted to go to a comedy show next Friday, since he had an extra ticket. It's near where we both used to live. I assume that by "extra ticket" means that I am paying for it, and he was just inviting me. I told him I will probably go, but I that need to figure out what my plans are. I have a wedding to attend to with my family on Saturday, as well as with my girlfriend. My friend lives in NYC. He does not have a car, nor does he have a license. His mom never let him use her car to practice with. He takes public transportation to and from work, and he works in Jersey...which is the completely opposite of what you want to do when you live in NYC. He just lives in NYC because of all of the bars and girls.

I told him I'd probably want to stay at my mom's and not drive back to Hoboken. Anyways, after telling him this, he said it should end around 1130pm, and we'd be back by 12am. That's pretty inconvenient for me because I'd have to wake up early and go immediately back to my mom's house. I also told him I'd also be inconveniencing my girlfriend since she'd have to take the train to my mom's house in the morning rather than me drive her. (so both sides have an inconvenience. )

So he said, "go back to Hoboken, otherwise I have to uber." (he'd be able to take the train from there)

We talked a bit more, then he said that the "tickets were $70 and that I could have gone for free", but now he is rescinding my offer and will find someone else to go. He said because I didn't "offer to drive him home" and was selfish and only thought about myself.

Dafuq? He said that it would take him an hour to get back to the city otherwise. I told him I was going to offer him to stay at my mom's place, or I'd drive him to a bus or train. I told him if he had asked me to drive him home, I probably would've done it, but instead it was "go back to Hoboken, otherwise I have to uber."

what the fuck.
You need new friends.
Sounds like they're both very passive aggressive and each should have said exactly what they wanted.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

[user not found] wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:48 pm
nuggstein wrote:So one of my "friends" messaged me and asked me if I wanted to go to a comedy show next Friday, since he had an extra ticket. It's near where we both used to live. I assume that by "extra ticket" means that I am paying for it, and he was just inviting me. I told him I will probably go, but I that need to figure out what my plans are. I have a wedding to attend to with my family on Saturday, as well as with my girlfriend. My friend lives in NYC. He does not have a car, nor does he have a license. His mom never let him use her car to practice with. He takes public transportation to and from work, and he works in Jersey...which is the completely opposite of what you want to do when you live in NYC. He just lives in NYC because of all of the bars and girls.

what the fuck.
Dude he's not your friend. He was looking for someone to give him a ride.
He's not his friend, he's his TWIN.

razr390

stripethree wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:36 pm Get better friends? Sounds like a bunch of bullshit.
:crang: gonna :crang:
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:48 pm
SAWCE wrote:
Sounds like they're both very passive aggressive and each should have said exactly what they wanted.
Also that
How the conversation should have went:

"Hey :crang: I have an extra ticket to a comedy show tomorrow night.. I was hoping you could give me a ride to the show in exchange for the ticket and we'll call it even"

"Yeah dude, sounds like fun. Thanks!"
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:35 pm Who the fuck cares
:dat: