OT 11: Troyway to Heaven

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:29 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:54 pm Jerbs.... Ugh. Mine has blown ass this week. Next week should be :fuckyeah: though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've had several instances this week where my boss emailed me asking why projects weren't done and I had to forward his own emails from last week back to him where he'd stated that he was going to take care of those projects. Each time he's come back with "oh yeah... well I need you to get that done today" :eyeroll: I don't mind doing it, but I don't want to be rushing and half-assing a project because you sat on it for a week without working on it like you said you would.
:disappoint:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote:
D Griff wrote: I think he's in New York now? I'd choose DC over that. I'm in the shit hole of NYC currently.
Ahhh that could be, tough call :doe:
I'm particularly :disgust: with NYC as the experience over the past two weeks has been awful.

I think next year I might just :nope: out and tell them NYC and :truk: don't mix and not come here.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Or I could just find a new job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:yesth:

Made it on standby, flying home in a few minutes.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:
troyguitar wrote:Ahhh that could be, tough call :doe:
I'm particularly :disgust: with NYC as the experience over the past two weeks has been awful.

I think next year I might just :nope: out and tell them NYC and :truk: don't mix and not come here.
Driving in that place blows for sure. I'd be OK with never going back myself.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

More work :rage: ... just got an email with pictures so I could see from our fab house.. a part that is supposed to go on this board is twice as wide as it should be. Check the BOM from our customer that we're building the for. It's the right part number. Do some research on my own, and find out that they left out an "N" at the end of the part number on their BOM, which denotes the narrow version of this integrated circuit... Idiots.

On top of that, it's an obsolete part and there's hardly any stock out on the market for it. Luckily the place that I bought the non "N" version has the "N" in stock, but now I have to try to sweet talk them into doing a straight swap for the parts, which is unlikely since most obsolete parts are ordered as Non-Cancleable/Non-Refundable..

:rage: :rage: :rage:
:rage: :angry: :rage:
:rage: :rage: :rage:
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:44 pm
nuggstein wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:25 pm
like all sports?
I don't sports.
I've watched some sweet MTB action on RedBull TV.
C00bs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

troyguitar wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:54 pm
C00bs wrote:Phone interview for a dream job at 3pm tomorrow. Would improve my standard of living and require a D.C. move. COME ON. I WANT YOU JERB.
How is living in DC an upgrade?
The job will pay me $50k+ more than I make now 2 years from now. D.C. area is nicer than where I live now. I have lots of friends there.

I am in upstate NY, so the cost of living will be more in D.C., but the pay will be better as well as the advancement opportunities. Doesn't have to be forever.
SAWCE

C00bs wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:21 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:54 pm How is living in DC an upgrade?
The job will pay me $50k+ more than I make now 2 years from now. D.C. area is nicer than where I live now. I have lots of friends there.

I am in upstate NY, so the cost of living will be more in D.C., but the pay will be better as well as the advancement opportunities. Doesn't have to be forever.
Dat locality pay. $50k more in two years, but how much more right off the bat?
SAWCE

[user not found] wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:26 pm I need career change ideas to ponder.

:[user not found]: suggested security sales.

The :dillerman: life is burning me up right now.
Get in at a department store? Friend tried to get me in at Nordstrom before she moved away. Start in a random department and work up to men's shoes or suits. Then become department manager. She's already the department manager for one of the Nordstroms in Portland now at 27.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

[user not found] wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:26 pm I need career change ideas to ponder.

Still interested in sales?
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Do you have a degree? If so your experience + degree might be good for a team lead salaried position with Target or the like.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

I've been pondering the same thing.

I shall continue tomorrow, where I'll be driving 46 miles to work for my one scheduled service appointment: a tire repair.

I'll probably take a three hour lunch, feign interest in what's going on around me, drink about ten cups of coffee and go take a trip to the McLaren store to check out the P1 GTR they have.
Apex

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:27 pm

I shall continue tomorrow, where I'll be driving 46 miles to work for my one scheduled service appointment: a tire repair.

I'll probably take a three hour lunch, feign interest in what's going on around me, drink about ten cups of coffee and go take a trip to the McLaren store to check out the P1 GTR they have.
Bring your bike and ride on "lunch"?
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:31 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:27 pm

there are 0 miles of MTB trails in Delco.
Apex

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:40 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:31 pm

there are 0 miles of MTB trails in Delco.
:gay:
wap

datgrundle wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:43 pm Image
:gag:
wap

:hai:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Since you just planted roots and bought a house, why don't you move to California and come work for me?

:derp:
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:58 pm

Since you just planted roots and bought a house, why don't you move to California and come work for me?

:derp:
:ohdang:
C00bs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

SAWCE wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:24 pm
C00bs wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:21 pm

Dat locality pay. $50k more in two years, but how much more right off the bat?
$9k more right off the bat. After year 1 is done then another 17k or something like that. After year 2, another 17k+. Basically, this is a job doing stuff I have always wanted to do and the promotion potential is awesome. I want it so baddddd.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Today, I had two fantastic customers. One was the ex owner/CEO of Dogfish Head brewing company. I thanked him profusely for Sea Quench and we talked beer for a few minutes.

The second customer was an older guy named Jim, and we got talking a little and he asked about where I was before I started at Porsche. I told him about my Toyota background, and that moving to Porsche after so long was a big challenge but it was nice to have to have the drive to prove myself again.

He told me that he ran a construction company, and joked that it's fun to try to prove yourself "when your brother was also the vice president"... I laughed, and said "well, you can always make sure he never takes over and becomes president".

"Well, we'll see what happens" he said. Gave the guy his loaner car keys, and his license back. I took a quick look at his name because I missed his last name, and just about shit.

This guy was Joe Biden's brother.
Apex

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:25 pm Today, I had two fantastic customers. One was the ex owner/CEO of Dogfish Head brewing company. I thanked him profusely for Sea Quench and we talked beer for a few minutes.

The second customer was an older guy named Jim, and we got talking a little and he asked about where I was before I started at Porsche. I told him about my Toyota background, and that moving to Porsche after so long was a big challenge but it was nice to have to have the drive to prove myself again.

He told me that he ran a construction company, and joked that it's fun to try to prove yourself "when your brother was also the vice president"... I laughed, and said "well, you can always make sure he never takes over and becomes president".

"Well, we'll see what happens" he said. Gave the guy his loaner car keys, and his license back. I took a quick look at his name because I missed his last name, and just about shit.

This guy was Joe Biden's brother.
:notbad:
SAWCE

Shop tried two different downpipes with a combination of four different O2 sensors and nothing worked. Traced all the wiring back and everything looks normal. They’re putting everything back tomorrow and I’m gonna take it to a dealer to diagnose. Need to come up with a limit for what I’ll spend on a new ECM vs just dumping the car and using that money as part of my down payment on something else.