Dem bicicletas, doe

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Hansgustaf wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Nice. Who sells Yetis in this area, Guys? I know they carry Santa Cruz now.

Honestly... the big box brands have real nice FS bikes anymore. Trek Fuel, Spesh Stumpy, Giant Trance/Anthem.... all great rides, and most are priced really attractively. Good warranties. Good parts spec at the price, etc.

Paint on most suck but that is what it is.
I really agree with what you wrote actually. I would not be opposed to a new Giant - they are nice as shit! I was thinking something a little more boutique only because this may be the last new bike I buy so I am going to spend more and get something crazy nice.

that being said - community bikes and boards in philly carries yeti.
Ah. They're kind of a bunch of skater bros. If you get a bike from them.... do a once-over yourself before riding it lol. IDK. There are shops in Philly that will do free yearly tune ups or offer some other incentive to get you to use them. When I shop for bikes I make sure to find out what the shop itself will do.
Johnny_P

Hansgustaf wrote:
Johnny_P wrote:Question for you FS peeps.... Most FS bikes can only carry one water bottle anymore. What do? Just man up with one bottle, or ride with a pack?

I generally can't stand the pack. They move around and hit my helmet when I jump logs and shit, annoying AF. My pack is an Osprey with a waist strap and it doesn't do shit to prevent the helmet slamming.
I ride without water. or when it is cooler I will wear a pack.

In the summer I wear a tank top and jorts - full bro status.

this time of year I wear volcom pants and a jersey / sometimes ems shell over that.

no gloves, hate gloves.
Yeah no water is no-go. I have 9 miles of road to ride before getting to the trail heads.
Hansgustaf
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: SdKfz 181

Johnny_P wrote:
Hansgustaf wrote:
I really agree with what you wrote actually. I would not be opposed to a new Giant - they are nice as shit! I was thinking something a little more boutique only because this may be the last new bike I buy so I am going to spend more and get something crazy nice.

Ah. They're kind of a bunch of skater bros. If you get a bike from them.... do a once-over yourself before riding it lol. IDK. There are shops in Philly that will do free yearly tune ups or offer some other incentive to get you to use them. When I shop for bikes I make sure to find out what the shop itself will do.
Agreed. I have met them before at NOX.

I have purchased in the past from Saucon Valley - they are a good shop.
my name is yan but i go by igor and i live under teh stairs
Hansgustaf
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:
Hansgustaf wrote:

This is part of the reason I may not get a Yeti. I want a shop that is going to back whatever I buy. Saucon has Pivot, Santa Cruz, Giant.
Johnny_P

Hansgustaf wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Ah. They're kind of a bunch of skater bros. If you get a bike from them.... do a once-over yourself before riding it lol. IDK. There are shops in Philly that will do free yearly tune ups or offer some other incentive to get you to use them. When I shop for bikes I make sure to find out what the shop itself will do.
This is part of the reason I may not get a Yeti. I want a shop that is going to back whatever I buy. Saucon has Pivot, Santa Cruz, Giant.
I mean they seem nice enough... and I'd trust them to install skateboard wheels correctly. But troublehsooting a problem on a rear shock or hydraulic brake or pressing in bearings? Yeah.... IDK.
Hansgustaf
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:
Hansgustaf wrote:
I mean they seem nice enough... and I'd trust them to install skateboard wheels correctly. But troublehsooting a problem on a rear shock or hydraulic brake or pressing in bearings? Yeah.... IDK.
I would buy it there but service it at Saucon Valley, other then pressing bearings I do all my service myself :doe:
Johnny_P

Hansgustaf wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: I mean they seem nice enough... and I'd trust them to install skateboard wheels correctly. But troublehsooting a problem on a rear shock or hydraulic brake or pressing in bearings? Yeah.... IDK.
I would buy it there but service it at Saucon Valley, other then pressing bearings I do all my service myself :doe:
I have shops do fork rebuilds because I don't really have a place to do it. But yeah same, I do everything else on my own. But if/when you do have a problem that necessitates a warranty replacement, it's helpful to have a shop where people know what they're looking at.
Hansgustaf
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:
Hansgustaf wrote:
I have shops do fork rebuilds because I don't really have a place to do it. But yeah same, I do everything else on my own. But if/when you do have a problem that necessitates a warranty replacement, it's helpful to have a shop where people know what they're looking at.
Yes! Agreed! Part of the reason I normally buy from them - they know me and actually want to help and take care of any issues!
Johnny_P

Hansgustaf wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: I have shops do fork rebuilds because I don't really have a place to do it. But yeah same, I do everything else on my own. But if/when you do have a problem that necessitates a warranty replacement, it's helpful to have a shop where people know what they're looking at.
Yes! Agreed! Part of the reason I normally buy from them - they know me and actually want to help and take care of any issues!
My Gary Fisher 29er cracked after a year. It was a super tiny hairline crack at the seat tube but it was making a lot of noise. Took it back to the shop, they handled everything and I got a new Trek frame. :notbad:

Shop I got the Cervelo from gives you a free tune up every year. So I take them up on it because they polish and wax the bike too. :notbad:
Hansgustaf
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:
Hansgustaf wrote:
My Gary Fisher 29er cracked after a year. It was a super tiny hairline crack at the seat tube but it was making a lot of noise. Took it back to the shop, they handled everything and I got a new Trek frame. :notbad:

Shop I got the Cervelo from gives you a free tune up every year. So I take them up on it because they polish and wax the bike too. :notbad:
both those are :notbad:
Johnny_P

Most / all other shops will have no issue with a free minor adjustment if you ride the bike over. Great for people that don't know shit about bikes.
Hansgustaf
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

just went to EMS and got hagan spd pedals and shoes. boooooo ya.
Hansgustaf
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Hansgustaf wrote:just went to EMS and got hagan spd pedals and shoes. boooooo ya.
He's finally seen the light, that @claudebernioux?
ya.
Hansgustaf
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:I may have to give some serious consideration to a 2017 Cdale Habit 4, still. Next year doe.
Spring is bike buying season
Johnny_P

Hansgustaf wrote:just went to EMS and got hagan spd pedals and shoes. boooooo ya.
Ever have cleated MTB pedals or is this the first time?
Hansgustaf
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:
Ever have cleated MTB pedals or is this the first time?
this will be his first time.
Hansgustaf
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Hansgustaf wrote:
Spring is bike buying season
I need to make fat stacks again before I make any big purchases.

I'm doing better now, but my :scrooge: piles are gone.
:scrooge:
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote:I may have to give some serious consideration to a 2017 Cdale Habit 4, still. Next year doe.
Had to look it up. Not a bad bike. The drivetrain is a bit disappointing given the price. But you get a kickass lefty and good rear shock. Great bike to build up over time.

Man. I loved my lefty.
Johnny_P

Hansgustaf wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Ever have cleated MTB pedals or is this the first time?
Yeah it's a :mindblown: difference
Hansgustaf
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:
Hansgustaf wrote:
Yeah it's a :mindblown: difference
Agreed.
Hansgustaf
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Had to look it up. Not a bad bike. The drivetrain is a bit disappointing given the price. But you get a kickass lefty and good rear shock. Great bike to build up over time.

Man. I loved my lefty.
Wrong.

No lefty on the 17 - RS Revelation RL.

And I'd rather SLX over XT. It's the 105 of MTB gruppos.

santa cruz? :jimp:
Hansgustaf
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Hansgustaf wrote:
santa cruz? :jimp:
That bike was stupid heavy for a CF bike doe. :notsure:
I want a non big box bike.
Hansgustaf
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Hansgustaf wrote:
I want a non big box bike.
:dat:

But warranty issues are nice to have some support on.
le sigh.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:
[user not found] wrote:
Actually, I've been kinda impressed with how easy my CAAD has been to clean.

A little windex and a rag and everything comes right off.
I'm thinking an All City Macho King is the ticket. Still steel, still down to get rad. Better tubeset, still CF fork, no rack mounts but everyone uses bags now anyways.
:dat:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Had to look it up. Not a bad bike. The drivetrain is a bit disappointing given the price. But you get a kickass lefty and good rear shock. Great bike to build up over time.

Man. I loved my lefty.
Wrong.

No lefty on the 17 - RS Revelation RL.

And I'd rather SLX over XT. It's the 105 of MTB gruppos.

SLX = :like:
Non-lefty Cdale = :notsure: