Dem bicicletas, doe

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:18 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:40 am Well I broke the goddamned Whorbea on Saturday.... Should be an easy fix, don't have time and want to ride next weekend, so I'm dropping it by the shop this morning.
What happened?
This dude was flying so I let him pass. Right after that we hit an uphill section, I'm faster than most uphill, so I caught back up, then tried to stay with him once we started going downhill again, and lost it, flew over the handlebars.

I think the front wheel is slightly bent, brakes are rubbing, handlebars not straight. I think it can all be adjusted back, doesn't look like any components actually broke. I may also have them bleed the brakes, braking feel has gotten way better, but still not as good as my friend's Trek.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:52 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:18 am

What happened?
This dude was flying so I let him pass. Right after that we hit an uphill section, I'm faster than most uphill, so I caught back up, then tried to stay with him once we started going downhill again, and lost it, flew over the handlebars.

I think the front wheel is slightly bent, brakes are rubbing, handlebars not straight. I think it can all be adjusted back, doesn't look like any components actually broke. I may also have them bleed the brakes, braking feel has gotten way better, but still not as good as my friend's Trek.
Yeah that can all be fixed rather quickly.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Despite the crash and all the others over had, I'm glad I'm getting a little more :stig: and less :pussy: on the bike.

This new park we went to was absolutely :fuckyeah: , great, fast flow.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Once you get comfortable and start to :stig: MTB becomes an incredible amount of fun. For me, way better than cars because you're not breaking the law (as long as you're on a designated trail).
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

I checked out some new (to me) trails yesterday. Found a fucking badass one in Belmont. So killer. You ride a ridge that has mind blowing drop offs on either side, and the trail has tons of features and shit to jump.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:05 am I checked out some new (to me) trails yesterday. Found a fucking badass one in Belmont. So killer. You ride a ridge that has mind blowing drop offs on either side, and the trail has tons of features and shit to jump.
Sounds 5/7.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:09 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:05 am I checked out some new (to me) trails yesterday. Found a fucking badass one in Belmont. So killer. You ride a ridge that has mind blowing drop offs on either side, and the trail has tons of features and shit to jump.
Sounds 5/7.
A lot of stuff in Belmont is overly technical, and ends up being complete :rage: torture that's barely rideable. Like, blind corner, come around and surprise there's a log at 45 degree angle to the trail and you have no momentum to get over it. That sort of thing. This trail had less of that, and some flow sections and drop offs.

Like I also did this one trail that's super challenging and I couldn't ride a bunch of it. I almost couldn't even walk the bike up this one washed out hill. So that trail sucked, but I'll keep trying it because it makes me a better rider.

I'm getting seriously good at log overs doe. I can kick the back of the bike up and over a lot of shit I couldn't last year. And that's all attributed to riding in the hell that is Belmont Plateau. Love that place.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:15 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:09 am
Sounds 5/7.
A lot of stuff in Belmont is overly technical, and ends up being complete :rage: torture that's barely rideable. Like, blind corner, come around and surprise there's a log at 45 degree angle to the trail and you have no momentum to get over it. That sort of thing. This trail had less of that, and some flow sections and drop offs.

Like I also did this one trail that's super challenging and I couldn't ride a bunch of it. I almost couldn't even walk the bike up this one washed out hill. So that trail sucked, but I'll keep trying it because it makes me a better rider.

I'm getting seriously good at log overs doe. I can kick the back of the bike up and over a lot of shit I couldn't last year. And that's all attributed to riding in the hell that is Belmont Plateau. Love that place.
My dad and I rode a trail like this a few weeks ago. Lots of downhill hairpins you can't see around, then you're staring at a log or tall root sticking up at a 45 that stops you in your tracks. Plus, a lot of up and down, which took a lot out of me being a :fatty:

There's enough of the trail that's 5/7 flow to make it all worth while. I just need to get my cardio up to handle the climbs.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:fuckyeah:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

So I took the Whorbea in to this shop down the street from me with good reviews on Google. The dude said that everything that needs fixing can be handled as part of a tune up for $85, overall :notbad: outcome, I should've spent the time doing it all myself to learn a bit more, but I'm heading out of town and want to ride Saturday morning.

Turns out the shop is cool too, the dude was really friendly, told me about some other trails that are apparently amazeballs a couple hours out of Charlotte into the mountains, probably only 1.5 hours from my house.
Johnny_P

http://pioneerscycling.strikingly.com/

My new bike team. Just ordered the kit! :troywax:
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:00 pm So I took the Whorbea in to this shop down the street from me with good reviews on Google. The dude said that everything that needs fixing can be handled as part of a tune up for $85, overall :notbad: outcome, I should've spent the time doing it all myself to learn a bit more, but I'm heading out of town and want to ride Saturday morning.

Turns out the shop is cool too, the dude was really friendly, told me about some other trails that are apparently amazeballs a couple hours out of Charlotte into the mountains, probably only 1.5 hours from my house.
$85 to true a wheel and center handlebars is kind of :troywax:
But they'll give it a once-over and re-grease everything I guess. Should be in tip-top shape when you get it back.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:10 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:00 pm So I took the Whorbea in to this shop down the street from me with good reviews on Google. The dude said that everything that needs fixing can be handled as part of a tune up for $85, overall :notbad: outcome, I should've spent the time doing it all myself to learn a bit more, but I'm heading out of town and want to ride Saturday morning.

But they'll give it a once-over and re-grease everything I guess. Should be in tip-top shape when you get it back.
Adjusting the derailleurs will be nice too for better shifting. I also ran one of the cables wrong when I set up the bike :derp: , so they're going to put that back in the right place. I'm certainly taking the :waxer: approach paying someone to take care of this, but :aintcare: , just want it to work perfectly.
ChrisoftheNorth

:dat:
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:14 pm

Adjusting the derailleurs will be nice too for better shifting. I also ran one of the cables wrong when I set up the bike :derp: , so they're going to put that back in the right place. I'm certainly taking the :waxer: approach paying someone to take care of this, but :aintcare: , just want it to work perfectly.
Yeah I know what you mean.
I actually need to take the road bike in for some work. The bottom bracket is creaking. :rolleyes:
The other road bike needs a wheel true and brake pads.
MTB needs to be replaced.

:troywax:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:18 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:14 pm

I actually need to take the road bike in for some work. The bottom bracket is creaking. :rolleyes:

#YOLO and stuff :millennial:

:iono: how to true a wheel :doe: , maybe I'll learn on YouTube tonight since my buddy I was getting dinner with in New York bailed.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:33 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:18 pm

#YOLO and stuff :millennial:

:iono: how to true a wheel :doe: , maybe I'll learn on YouTube tonight since my buddy I was getting dinner with in New York bailed.
I suck at truing wheels. They'd end up worse than when I started out, lol.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Hit a new trail at Six Mile this morning that was 5/7. Beginning part is super fast and had some jumps in it so I started grabbing some air. :fuckyeah:

Second part had some climbs that I need to work on getting up. Only part of Six Mile that I haven't been able to climb yet.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Apex wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:28 pm Hit a new trail at Six Mile this morning that was 5/7. Beginning part is super fast and had some jumps in it so I started grabbing some air. :fuckyeah:

Second part had some climbs that I need to work on getting up. Only part of Six Mile that I haven't been able to climb yet.

We gotta do six mile again. Preferably when it's less muddy.
Apex

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:34 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:28 pm Hit a new trail at Six Mile this morning that was 5/7. Beginning part is super fast and had some jumps in it so I started grabbing some air. :fuckyeah:

We gotta do six mile again. Preferably when it's less muddy.
:dat: It was :notbad: today, little chilly to start but no real mud.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:53 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:32 am Once you get comfortable and start to :stig: MTB becomes an incredible amount of fun. For me, way better than cars because you're not breaking the law (as long as you're on a designated trail).

I love shredding on a bike. Mad fun without any of the potential legal ramifications.
Definitely. My ride last Thursday was full blown :stig: and I couldn't remember the last time I've had so much fun. I really want to spend the winter getting in shape at the gym or whenever so I can hit the trails full :stig: in the spring.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:53 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:32 am Once you get comfortable and start to :stig: MTB becomes an incredible amount of fun. For me, way better than cars because you're not breaking the law (as long as you're on a designated trail).

I love shredding on a bike. Mad fun without any of the potential legal ramifications.
Getting into MTB with ya'll has made me far far less interested in car stuff. Not having to worry at all about the rozzers is a great feeling.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:52 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:56 pm

Getting into MTB with ya'll has made me far far less interested in car stuff. Not having to worry at all about the rozzers is a great feeling.
I'm kinda over it.

Gimme mah :truk: and mah :bike:
There is zero cash savings :fledwax: with it, but I am further into your camp every ride.

Now time for less :pussy: and more :derp:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:56 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:54 pm

There is zero cash savings :fledwax: with it, but I am further into your camp every ride.

Now time for less :pussy: and more :derp:
Pedal harder and shred faster. Less diesel and more brap.
Johnny_P

Brap all the things

I love my bikes way more than my car. No question it's more fun.