Car Talk 2: Un-American Motor Company.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

4zilch wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:22 am
dubshow wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:15 am

:ohmy:

that would be fun. I thought it was up in the air if we'd get it?
We ain't getting it. FiST is gone. FoRS is too. We'll still get the FoSt and the new Edge ST :bs:
:gag:

what an epic waste.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:25 am
4zilch wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:20 am Top Gear did a ride along with the new FiST.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/hot-ha ... -fiesta-st

They also added no-lift-shift - seems gimmicky. Give me a DCT or, better yet, a sequential shift gear box.
offered an automatic of sorts I'd look at it.
:gtfo:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

[user not found] wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:51 am
dubshow wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:37 am

:dat:

Johnny_P I've got a nice Mazda CX-5 you can buy.
:hue:

:pussy:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

4zilch wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:00 am
My pants are super tight.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Shame they come with lawnmower engines. I want more power than that.

I actually prefer the exterior of the last gen to the new one. Interior I prefer the new one. :whocares:
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:07 am

Isn't your other ride a CUV? :notsure:
Johnny_P

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:25 am

offered an automatic of sorts I'd look at it.
:aintcare: my body is ready to be done with MT. I should count my shifts on my 3 mile commute, I think it's over 60 each way. Shit gets old.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:22 am
coogles wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:07 am

:lol:

Wife's car, doe. Try though I might have, I could not get her into a wagon, not even an Allroad.

I'm just playing, but please don't sell your STi for a CX-5...unless this is to replace your girl's Tiggy, in which case I have no idea what I'm talking about.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I actually prefer the exterior of the last gen to the new one. Interior I prefer the new one. :whocares:
Good, youre the target market for the Edge ST.

Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:28 am

:lol:

Wife's car, doe. Try though I might have, I could not get her into a wagon, not even an Allroad.

I'm just playing, but please don't sell your STi for a CX-5...unless this is to replace your girl's Tiggy, in which case I have no idea what I'm talking about.
She wants a Fit to replace the Tig. I :aintcare: what she gets as long as I don't have to work on it constantly.

CX5, 4Runner, Tacoma, whatever. I've been itching for a trucky thing recently.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -bad-loans

POAD's got issues....... This wont help sales - More subprime bad news....
Johnny_P

dubshow wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:32 am

:gag: I don't want a "performance" CUV I think that's the most retarded automotive segment ever thought up. I just want a trucky thing with a decently powerful engine none of these :jalepenis: bullshit engines. Advantage of trucks is they have larger typically NA motors and that's exactly what I want.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:42 am

They lease great. When's the lady ready for her new ride?
$0 down under $200/mo?
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:01 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:53 am

$0 down under $200/mo?
Probably not far off. Programs are at work, I'll take a look.
:notbad:
Hers is due in..... June? July? July I think.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:28 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:05 am

:notbad:
Hers is due in..... June? July? July I think.
:dillerman:
I basically told her a used car at $12k or so financed is about it for her budget. Fit should be in that range I think. She doesn't care what she drives as long as it holds a decent amount of stuff and she can see out of it and it doesn't break down. That $200/mo needs to include tax.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:39 am
dubshow wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:32 am

:gag: I don't want a "performance" CUV I think that's the most retarded automotive segment ever thought up. I just want a trucky thing with a decently powerful engine none of these :jalepenis: bullshit engines. Advantage of trucks is they have larger typically NA motors and that's exactly what I want.
Not if you go Fraud. They are sticking baby dick turbos in every single vehicle they make. The 2.7T f150 I drove was a total turd
max225

How the hell does anything lease at $200 a month with tax and 0 down. Unless it is 5000 miles a year employee deal I call fake news
max225

Davestr wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:38 am https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -bad-loans

POAD's got issues....... This wont help sales - More subprime bad news....
Anyone with a sub 650 credit score should not be able to get a loan, period.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:50 am How the hell does anything lease at $200 a month with tax and 0 down. Unless it is 5000 miles a year employee deal I call fake news
It doesn't unless you get a :unicorn: deal like Cali was running on a new Impreza poverty model. Which is why I've been slowly breaking the news to her that she's probably going to be forced into a used car. Her Tig is $240/mo I think with tax plus her parents paid $1500 or something at drive off. Wasn't a great deal but wasn't bad I guess, IDK I stayed out of it. $240 is too much according to her it needs to be cheaper because she's poor.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:49 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:39 am

Not if you go Fraud. They are sticking baby dick turbos in every single vehicle they make. The 2.7T f150 I drove was a total turd
You can still get a Fahv-OH in a F150 doe. And that truck rocks with that motor. It's a beast.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:53 am
max225 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:50 am How the hell does anything lease at $200 a month with tax and 0 down. Unless it is 5000 miles a year employee deal I call fake news
It doesn't unless you get a :unicorn: deal like Cali was running on a new Impreza poverty model. Which is why I've been slowly breaking the news to her that she's probably going to be forced into a used car. Her Tig is $240/mo I think with tax plus her parents paid $1500 or something at drive off. Wasn't a great deal but wasn't bad I guess, IDK I stayed out of it. $240 is too much according to her it needs to be cheaper because she's poor.
Then she shouldn’t drive period. $300-400 a month is about as cheap as any car ownership can get (including insurance and fuel)
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:57 am

Then she shouldn’t drive period. $300-400 a month is about as cheap as any car ownership can get (including insurance and fuel)
Well, when your income is essentially $0....

:millennial:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Davestr wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:29 pm You're welcome to drive the car.....why is a 370Z off the list? If I was moving on from a C5 to something else in the $20K-$25K range that's what I'd do. Max had nothing but good things to say about his car, you lose the scrape and the insane low, and lose none of the reliability. For $23K, you can buy one that's fully loaded and almost perfect.

I wouldn't C6 unless you're making the GS or C6Z leap. Even then, some of what my car offers doesn't have to do with the model, it has to do with only having 23K miles on it. There is very little indicia of wear on the car and it takes most road imperfections with a muted thump. It is also a 4LT, so you get leather encrusted Cobalt, which does add a bit. In retrospect I wish I had C6Z'd because the targa means nothing to me but as I was fairly roasted for, I don't need any more power IRL.
+1 on all 370Z commentary above. Tough package to beat overall.

What Porsche stigma is Griff referring to? Vette's have 'stigma'. Who gives a funk!!!!! Drive what u like or :gtfo: :like:
Stigma may not be the best word to use... But the perception that if I own a Porsche, I'm rich.

Even the C5 gets this a Porsche would be way worse. My gf's family is always making comments about my money, which is funny because they have way more money than I, they just live like :derp: rednecks and :troywax: on... Cigs and cows? I don't even know. It's awkward though.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Davestr wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:29 pm You're welcome to drive the car.....why is a 370Z off the list? If I was moving on from a C5 to something else in the $20K-$25K range that's what I'd do. Max had nothing but good things to say about his car, you lose the scrape and the insane low, and lose none of the reliability. For $23K, you can buy one that's fully loaded and almost perfect.

I wouldn't C6 unless you're making the GS or C6Z leap. Even then, some of what my car offers doesn't have to do with the model, it has to do with only having 23K miles on it. There is very little indicia of wear on the car and it takes most road imperfections with a muted thump. It is also a 4LT, so you get leather encrusted Cobalt, which does add a bit. In retrospect I wish I had C6Z'd because the targa means nothing to me but as I was fairly roasted for, I don't need any more power IRL.
+1 on all 370Z commentary above. Tough package to beat overall.

What Porsche stigma is Griff referring to? Vette's have 'stigma'. Who gives a funk!!!!! Drive what u like or :gtfo: :like:
Stigma may not be the best word to use... But the perception that if I own a Porsche, I'm rich.

Even the C5 gets this a Porsche would be way worse. My gf's family is always making comments about my money, which is funny because they have way more money than I, they just live like :derp: rednecks and :troywax: on... Cigs and cows? I don't even know. It's awkward though.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

buy her a $6k beater and be done with it. Seems like a solid option especially if she doesnt drive much. :iono: