Desert Garage

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote:
Detroit wrote: Wait, so you're actually going to do paint correction on a brand new car?
:notsure:
I hope not but it's not inconceivable. Depends on paint. Massive orange peel? I'll consider it.

So, IRL update, just got an update from Susan @ Crevier. When I ordered the Champagne Metallic she showed my order as Estoril Blue and I said "We didn't order Estoril Blue." She says "yes, we change that to the custom color at such and such a date." I now have a VIN that still shows Estoril Blue. Emailed her saying, "It's not Estoril Blue, right?" No response.
:ohdang:

5/7 would take Estoril.

And you'd attempt correcting massive orange peel? That's wetsanding shit... :nope:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
Desertbreh wrote:
I hope not but it's not inconceivable. Depends on paint. Massive orange peel? I'll consider it.

So, IRL update, just got an update from Susan @ Crevier. When I ordered the Champagne Metallic she showed my order as Estoril Blue and I said "We didn't order Estoril Blue." She says "yes, we change that to the custom color at such and such a date." I now have a VIN that still shows Estoril Blue. Emailed her saying, "It's not Estoril Blue, right?" No response.
:ohdang:

5/7 would take Estoril.

And you'd attempt correcting massive orange peel? That's wetsanding shit... :nope:
I don't know what I would attempt to correct. Will you guys leave me alone until the car arrives? 0/7 will not take Estoril and if this gets fooked up after two emails that says "It's not Estoril, right?" with reassurances, I am not going to be happy, nor will I accept the car, obvi.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote:
Detroit wrote: :ohdang:

5/7 would take Estoril.

I don't know what I would attempt to correct. Will you guys leave me alone until the car arrives? 0/7 will not take Estoril and if this gets fooked up after two emails that says "It's not Estoril, right?" with reassurances, I am not going to be happy, nor will I accept the car, obvi.
Take a midol, breh.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
Desertbreh wrote:
Take a midol, breh.
:dat:
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Seriously, doe...if they ignored the color AKA THE ENTIRE REASON FOR THE SPECIAL ORDER, that's some 5/7 :disappoint:
The lack of attention to detail of people these days is :disgust:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote:
Take a midol, breh.
:midol:
:impressive: :midol:

Do we have a limit on smileys now that we're on our own hosting? Or is that a software thing?
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: :impressive: :midol:

Do we have a limit on smileys now that we're on our own hosting? Or is that a software thing?
:fuckyeah:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote:
[user not found] wrote:
:fuckyeah:
:dat: :fuckyeah: that's awesome. Looking forward to what gets added in the coming months.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

The fucking car is Estoril Blue. After my concern about the order was addressed TWICE. :facepalm:

I'm now entering my 48 hour cooldown period. I'm the kind of guy, that if I address a concern, (Being the Estoril Blue listing on the order), you tell me Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's just part of the process, and then I get a motherfucking blue car, you are dead to me. I think I may just turn it over to the gf.

I was, for the last two hours, literally enraged.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Here's the email:

"I just finished speaking with the Inventory Manager. When he placed the order, he emailed the factory regarding the individual color. The order is pushed back two weeks so that the factory knows to build the car with the special color. For lack of better words, the ball was dropped and the car went into production and was made Estoril Blue. In the 10 years I have been at Crevier, I have never had a problem with an order and this is a first for me and our Inventory manager. I was just happy that it went into production.

There are options. We can place another order and watch it closely and it will arrive in January. If there
is an alternate color combination that I can search the United States for and get a car sooner for you, then please let me know. I know that's not what you want to hear and I sincerely apologize for the error and that it was not caught sooner. I hope you will let me make it up to you."

I'm trying to keep this in perspective by realizing that seriously complaining about this while millions less fortunate in the lottery of life are scraping for rice in the middle of civil war atrocities in Africa makes me a giant asshole. I will now take this under submission and shut up. Kthxforlisterningbros.
wap

Desertbreh wrote:The fucking car is Estoril Blue. After my concern about the order was addressed TWICE. :facepalm:

I'm now entering my 48 hour cooldown period. I'm the kind of guy, that if I address a concern, (Being the Estoril Blue listing on the order), you tell me Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's just part of the process, and then I get a motherfucking blue car, you are dead to me. I think I may just turn it over to the gf.

Motherfucker!! :rage: :rage:
So sorry to hear this. There is just no excuse for this fuckery after you checked twice. Inexcusable. YOU FUCKING CHECKED. TWICE.

They want to make it up to you? They ought to eat the cost and not charge you for the color you want. That would be the only reason to make it worth waiting until January for it.

And as for perspective, yea, it's a first world problem, for sure, but for reasons not of our doing, we are here in the first world and not getting what we ordered and paid for are legit problems.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote:
Desertbreh wrote:The fucking car is Estoril Blue. After my concern about the order was addressed TWICE. :facepalm:

Motherfucker!! :rage: :rage:
So sorry to hear this. There is just no excuse for this fuckery after you checked twice. Inexcusable. YOU FUCKING CHECKED. TWICE.

They want to make it up to you? They ought to eat the cost and not charge you for the color you want. That would be the only reason to make it worth waiting until January for it.

And as for perspective, yea, it's a first world problem, for sure, but for reasons not of our doing, we are here in the first world and not getting what we ordered and paid for are legit problems.
Thank you Ron my brother. Truly helped.
wap

Desertbreh wrote:
wap wrote: Motherfucker!! :rage: :rage:

Thank you Ron my brother. Truly helped.
Glad to have helped, mang.

:lol: .... Ron...
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Desertbreh wrote:Here's the email:

"I just finished speaking with the Inventory Manager. When he placed the order, he emailed the factory regarding the individual color. The order is pushed back two weeks so that the factory knows to build the car with the special color. For lack of better words, the ball was dropped and the car went into production and was made Estoril Blue. In the 10 years I have been at Crevier, I have never had a problem with an order and this is a first for me and our Inventory manager. I was just happy that it went into production.

There are options. We can place another order and watch it closely and it will arrive in January. If there
is an alternate color combination that I can search the United States for and get a car sooner for you, then please let me know. I know that's not what you want to hear and I sincerely apologize for the error and that it was not caught sooner. I hope you will let me make it up to you."

I'm trying to keep this in perspective by realizing that seriously complaining about this while millions less fortunate in the lottery of life are scraping for rice in the middle of civil war atrocities in Africa makes me a giant asshole. I will now take this under submission and shut up. Kthxforlisterningbros.
Time for a new benzo or audi

This sucks man. I know you and her were really excited about the car. You special ordered something, you agreed to pay for it, and it shows up wrong. It's annoying as fuck that they blew you off twice and that all this time was wasted waiting for a car that they couldn't produce.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote:
Desertbreh wrote:I saved space for some pics, which I will insert once the Sexual Chocolate Tiger Tank arrives. It is scheduled to arrive on the ship in LA on November 17, which means it'll be at the dealer during Thanksgiving week, maybe we can pick it up on our way back from NOLA.
:jimp:

Sent from :[user not found]: and :alpo:
:ban:
Johnny_P

I mean.... there has to be a special magical box on the order form that says "This breh is paying $2k for a SPECIFIC COLOR". How does one fuck that up and paint it Estoril Blue, the most common "special color" of any BMW model?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:I mean.... there has to be a special magical box on the order form that says "This breh is paying $2k for a SPECIFIC COLOR". How does one fuck that up and paint it Estoril Blue, the most common "special color" of any BMW model?
Great question Johnny. Still madbro.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Estoril Blue is a really nice color. I would drive the shit out of it. It doesn't suit a 4-series touring car, more like an M2. I wouldn't pay for the fuck up. And I'd back charge the equivalent of rental fee from Nov to Jan for the hassle of not having the car. It's probably $40/day x 60 days ($2400, or paint upgrade free?). Discount and reorder or :nope:

Sorry to hear about the completely incompetent asshat that was assigned to your sale.
Johnny_P

Tarspin wrote:Estoril Blue is a really nice color. I would drive the shit out of it. It doesn't suit a 4-series touring car, more like an M2. I wouldn't pay for the fuck up. And I'd back charge the equivalent of rental fee from Nov to Jan for the hassle of not having the car. It's probably $40/day x 60 days ($2400, or paint upgrade free?). Discount and reorder or :nope:

Sorry to hear about the completely incompetent asshat that was assigned to your sale.
Oh that's a good idea. They can fix it and re order. If they give you a loaner 4 or 5 series for the time it takes to get the order right.
ChrisoftheNorth

Woa, so they actually fucked up the order? :impressive:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote:Woa, so they actually fucked up the order? :impressive:
:dat: :dafuq:

Some bullshit.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I replied to the :dillerman: lady. I requsted a loaner from Thanksgiving to whenever one of the world's largest manufacturing concerns could figure out how to paint a car the color it was ordered in. (I was not so sarcastic.) I fully expect to be told to sod off. CSB.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:
Tarspin wrote:Estoril Blue is a really nice color. I would drive the shit out of it. It doesn't suit a 4-series touring car, more like an M2. I wouldn't pay for the fuck up. And I'd back charge the equivalent of rental fee from Nov to Jan for the hassle of not having the car. It's probably $40/day x 60 days ($2400, or paint upgrade free?). Discount and reorder or :nope:

Oh that's a good idea. They can fix it and re order. If they give you a loaner 4 or 5 series for the time it takes to get the order right.
I'd be happy with a poverty spec McQueen mobile.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote:
Detroit wrote: Wait, so you're actually going to do paint correction on a brand new car?
:notsure:

@dgriff oh wow I totally missed this ! :dafuq:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote:
Detroit wrote: :ohdang:

5/7 would take Estoril.

Holy crap is that real life ?!

Although 5/7 the blue is far superior to the poop brown, but that ain't none of my business.

Someone at the faktory went. "No wai, there was a mistake, no one paying $60,000 actually ordered the one color no one wants, like do him a favor"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk