Desert Garage

Strut your greasy stuff!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

razr390 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:16 am Max sold Desert the E class. Boom
No German luxo-sled left behind, Mr. Breh will same them all!
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:34 pm
wap wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:27 pm

:idbu:
I am fond of Vasily but that guess is :wrong: It should not take any of the clever denizens of this site to make a correct guess after factoring in the context of the thread title.
Its you?
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

YAS.

At some nameless gas station in the central valley.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:ohdang:
Collecting all of them then?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:16 pm :ohdang:
Quick facts.

1. Selling Blue 2006 to my ex brother in law for $5K.
2. The Silver Bullet is a significant upgrade in steering feel (shorter lock to lock and variable assist, much heavier and quicker), braking (fixed front calipers), handling (lowered) and appearance, obvi. Drives more like the old CLS 550. Also 20K less miles. I don't mind spending money on it, don't know how you can say it drives anything other than brand new @ 90K miles. A kick ass third vehicle, will be my daily.
3. Max was correct, it does not need new dampers @ this time. Ride is much firmer than 2006, but not too firm.
4. Everything I value in a car, really. Good looking, sufficient power and suspension to do 90 mph all day long, monster range, awesome sled.
5. It will live a pampered life in the desert.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:15 pm
YAS.

mcdoe at the chevron, but the old mcdoe across the street is now a market/subway. Classic.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:36 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:15 pm

YAS.

mcdoe at the chevron, but the old mcdoe across the street is now a market/subway. Classic.
I will not eat McDoe from some corporate integration location. It is bad enough for you without the lack of oversight that suggests. No real basis in fact for this, I just got a back of chips and a Dr. Pepper.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:26 pm
wap wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:16 pm :ohdang:
Quick facts.

2. The Silver Bullet is a significant upgrade in steering feel (shorter lock to lock and variable assist, much heavier and quicker), braking (fixed front calipers), handling (lowered) and appearance, obvi. Drives more like the old CLS 550. Also 20K less miles. I don't mind spending money on it, don't know how you can say it drives anything other than brand new @ 90K miles. A kick ass third vehicle, will be my daily.
3. Max was correct, it does not need new dampers @ this time. Ride is much firmer than 2006, but not too firm.
4. Everything I value in a car, really. Good looking, sufficient power and suspension to do 90 mph all day long, monster range, awesome sled.
:notbad: Congrats.

Care to reveal the transaction number? No sweat if you don't, just curious, for :science:
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:43 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:36 pm

I will not eat McDoe from some corporate integration location. It is bad enough for you without the lack of oversight that suggests. No real basis in fact for this, I just got a back of chips and a Dr. Pepper.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:03 pm

Quick facts.

Care to reveal the transaction number? No sweat if you don't, just curious, for :science:
I've never heard someone ask for this before!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Quick facts.

11K, same as he paid for it factoring in sales tax, less considering his brake and oil maintenance which I would have done immediately. I advised him to buy the car @ 11.5K OTD, how would it be worth less to me two months later? Truth be told having a valued forum member go over the car and own it for a couple months is every bit of a PPI. He lost no money/doesn’t have to screw around, I got the car I should have bought in the first place if I wasn’t worried about my new driver daughter wrecking it. His wife wins because she gets to park the greatest car ever made inside again. Max made a good buy, he passed that on to me. At this price range and mileage, the question is what are you going to have to spend immediately, and the answer on this car barring surprises is absolutely nothing. A day weekend with a D/A polisher and a couple bottles of ceramic and this nasty bitch is 98%. Pretty close already.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I think I "lost" about 1k or so, between maintenance and some of those "mods/maintenance" I did do the rear brakes + rotors came with the car + the HID kit.

I am really happy it went to a good home. Most I see I ragged out by LaShondas and have mis matched wheels/broken tail lights etc... This thing is/was in really rare form.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Kind of like Alan and Griff trading the bimmer back and forth. Its not really about the horse trade.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

TBD on the MTEC light kit. That’s a holiday weekend to myself kind of project.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:45 pm Kind of like Alan and Griff trading the bimmer back and forth. Its not really about the horse trade.
:wub: it’s what makes a Subaru a Subaru.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:45 pm Kind of like Alan and Griff trading the bimmer back and forth. Its not really about the horse trade.
:fuckyeah: cars trading hands successfully between forum members kind of validates this whole place for me. You’ve been stoked on this nasty bitch from day one so seems like an epic deal. And thank god the TSX can now park indoors where it belongs.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

This E series really is a nice specimen. Good work gentlemen.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

So hyped this ended up with someone who will take care of it. I'm still gonna hop in line but big congrats. Would put my clubs in the back.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:34 pm

11K, same as he paid for it factoring in sales tax, less considering his brake and oil maintenance which I would have done immediately. I advised him to buy the car @ 11.5K OTD, how would it be worth less to me two months later? Truth be told having a valued forum member go over the car and own it for a couple months is every bit of a PPI. He lost no money/doesn’t have to screw around, I got the car I should have bought in the first place if I wasn’t worried about my new driver daughter wrecking it. His wife wins because she gets to park the greatest car ever made inside again. Max made a good buy, he passed that on to me. At this price range and mileage, the question is what are you going to have to spend immediately, and the answer on this car barring surprises is absolutely nothing. A day weekend with a D/A polisher and a couple bottles of ceramic and this nasty bitch is 98%. Pretty close already.
Absolutely 5/7 win-win! :like: :like:
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:21 pm
:fuckyeah: cars trading hands successfully between forum members kind of validates this whole place for me. You’ve been stoked on this nasty bitch from day one so seems like an epic deal. And thank god the TSX can now park indoors where it belongs.
:lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Oh wow. :notbad:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:15 pm So hyped this ended up with someone who will take care of it. I'm still gonna hop in line but big congrats. Would put my clubs in the back.
These cars are out there, you posted a 39K mile model which was gorgeous. They are worth paying extra for a pristine model. The AMG Sport version is better looking than any W212, IMHO.
The secret to finding the Bi Xenon models is looking for the P2 Package which has "keyless go".............and has a silver start stop button centered on the shift knob instead of the Mercedes star.
Super low miles, perhaps an exotic color, and P2 is the holy grail of the 2009 W211.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:14 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:15 pm So hyped this ended up with someone who will take care of it. I'm still gonna hop in line but big congrats. Would put my clubs in the back.
These cars are out there, you posted a 39K mile model which was gorgeous. They are worth paying extra for a pristine model. The AMG Sport version is better looking than any W212, IMHO.
The secret to finding the Bi Xenon models is looking for the P2 Package which has "keyless go".............and has a silver start stop button centered on the shift knob instead of the Mercedes star.
Super low miles, perhaps an exotic color, and P2 is the holy grail of the 2009 W211.
Wow nice tip on how to spot the xenons. Will remember that going forward. I can't wait for some road trip updates.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I just submitted the following email to Tire Rack:

"I bought four Bilstein 4600 shocks from Tire Rack for my 2003 Tahoe on December 31, 2012, order number H392542. They were installed at Allen Tire in Palm Springs on January 4, 2013. I have documentation of both purchase and install. Somewhat remarkably, I still own the Tahoe almost ten years and 93,000 miles later and the shocks are failing. As I read it the 4600s have a limited lifetime warranty for the original purchaser as long as the shocks are still on the same truck.

Thoughts on warranty replacement?"
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:35 pm I just submitted the following email to Tire Rack:

"I bought four Bilstein 4600 shocks from Tire Rack for my 2003 Tahoe on December 31, 2012, order number H392542. They were installed at Allen Tire in Palm Springs on January 4, 2013. I have documentation of both purchase and install. Somewhat remarkably, I still own the Tahoe almost ten years and 93,000 miles later and the shocks are failing. As I read it the 4600s have a limited lifetime warranty for the original purchaser as long as the shocks are still on the same truck.

Thoughts on warranty replacement?"
:popcorn: